Rants and raves

YOU KNOW, Northerners are correct. They are allowed to come down South and complain. What I fail to understand is why people would want to stay in a place where they complain about so many things. If you think that we intend to change because you complain, I think you will find the tenacity of most Southerners a surprise.

TELLING PEOPLE to go back to where they came from when they complain about Augusta is ignorant. A lot of the people here can't just "go back" because they are soldiers. Augusta should do something besides making everything a black and white issue and bring some excitement to this city. This way, when our soldiers finally do get a chance to settle down, they will remember Augusta and want to come back.

IF AUGUSTA WOULD impose some type of a tax on all employees that work in Augusta but live in counties other than Richmond, we could provide many more services at a lower cost for the residents of Richmond County.

AUGUSTA STATE posted this statement on all students' e-mail accounts: "Students completing degree requirements fall semester will be hosted at a reception on Dec. 15, from 4-7 p.m. and may pick up their diplomas at that time. There is no commencement ceremony in December." In other words, you work yourself to death and pay us thousands of dollars, but we're too cheap to give you a graduation ceremony. Thanks, ASU.

THIS IS A RANT to the drivers that will not obey the posted speed limit on Tobacco Road at Gracewood Elementary School every morning between 7:30 and 8:30 and in the afternoon between 3 and 3:30. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, school buses, county cars and trucks speed, some going 55 or 60 mph. Richmond County should put the motorcycle police with radar out there for several days.

PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW what they are talking about before they get in other folks' business. I'm tired of hearing about cars with Richmond County tags picking up kids in Columbia County. My daughter and her school-age child live in Columbia County. I live in Richmond County. I have to pick up my grandchild every day because her mother works until 7:30 p.m. I'm sure there are plenty of others with the same thing.

THIS IS A HUGE RAVE for the Richmond County Board of Education. As a teacher, I really appreciate having my job. I truly thank you for our time off. Hats off to you all. I know that this was a hard decision, but it is only fair.

debby
debby 10/09/09 - 04:10 am
There hasn't been a December

There hasn't been a December commencement at ASU in a long time. Surely you've known this for as long as you were attending there. You can attend the May commencement if walking the stage is so important to you.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/09/09 - 05:06 am
Thank you to the last raver.

Thank you to the last raver. I'm happy to see that there is at least one teacher still out there with a love for the honorable profession.

bettyboop
bettyboop 10/09/09 - 05:09 am
So barry wins the peace

So barry wins the peace prize?? I guess all that ring kissing and bowing and bending over paid off for the narcissistic fool... I always thought the Nobel prize awards were really lame...but they have out done themselves with this one...lol now he and jimmah cartah have even MORE in common.."The selection of Nobel Peace Prize winners sometimes causes controversy, as it has become greatly politicized and not related to issues of peace and the list of winners includes people who formerly used violence and terrorism, but then later made exceptional concessions to non-violence in the attempt to achieve peace."...huh? barry fits this ???

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 10/09/09 - 05:17 am
He got the Peace Prize for 2

He got the Peace Prize for 2 reasons. 1) Because he kisses the world's a--, like on his world apology tour. and 2) Because they felt sorry for him in his losing bid for the Olympics. There can be no other reasons because he hasn't done a damn thing.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 10/09/09 - 05:31 am
ASU is whacked.. I too

ASU is whacked.. I too graduated in December and didn't get a ceremony...

1941
1941 10/09/09 - 06:21 am
perusing&taxpayer;What have

perusing&taxpayer;What have you two been awarded lately? When you think of the president, do you get upset, sick to the stomach, dizzy,nausea,faint,all of the above? I know just how you feel!! Get ready for a lot of pepto, alka-seltzer, and whatever else , to make you feel a little better. The president is here to stay!!!!! Nothing you say will change his plans, to get us out of this mess, that GB, left us in!!! I feel soooooooooo gooddddddddddd!!!!Congraulations, to our president!!!!!

andywarhol
andywarhol 10/09/09 - 06:22 am
And how about a tax to all of

And how about a tax to all of the Richmond Co employees working in Columbia Co strip malls and restaurants? Do you think any of them can afford that? It's a bad idea.

andywarhol
andywarhol 10/09/09 - 06:26 am
So what has he accomplished

So what has he accomplished other than a bunch of empty promises? I can understand if he was awarded the Nobel after a significant accomplishment, but I guess I'm just one of the few left with common darn sense!

mad_max
mad_max 10/09/09 - 07:20 am
Nominations for the Nobel

Nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize closed two weeks after Obama took office. Obama had done absolutely nothing (and still hasn't). This was a group of international fruitcakes just very happy to see that we elected an appeaser and apoligizer. Remember, these same people gave Yassar Arafat a peace prize too. It means nothing. At the time Obama was nominated he had not had time to find the bathroom in the White House yet. This was just liberal Europeans taking their last swat at George Bush.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/09/09 - 07:21 am
Nobel Peace Prize, the worlds

Nobel Peace Prize, the worlds latest JOKE!!

DEVGRU
DEVGRU 10/09/09 - 08:09 am
To the ranter who wants to

To the ranter who wants to tax out of county residents employed in Richmond Co. Talking about discrimination at it finest. That is the same as saying let's tax all white females working in Richmond County to raise tax revenue. Ignoramous.

DEVGRU
DEVGRU 10/09/09 - 08:13 am
I'll have to agree with the

I'll have to agree with the ranter about ASU. That school is in need of some better management. There Admissions/Financial Aid Departments are pitiful. They show their total lack of training. The school does not care about it's students as other colleges do. If you don't believe me then ask students who have attended other schools to compare the two. ASU is interested in one thing and that is money.

BCG
BCG 10/09/09 - 08:15 am
to the 3rd ranter.... are you

to the 3rd ranter.... are you kidding why do people want to tax those who choose to work ... and let those who do not keep riding for free. I admit it is not much of a ride but it is a free one! And no I am not employed in RC and live somewhere else.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/09/09 - 08:23 am
USSOCOM we appreciate your

USSOCOM we appreciate your superior intellect over our toothlessness. Now please show us the way oh wise one.

Irish
Irish 10/09/09 - 08:33 am
I read the article and heard

I read the article and heard the news this morning. For the first time the Peace prize has been awarded for what they think he Might do. The rules say it is supposed to be for what he has done. Once again politicizing on a world stage. It really has demeaned the Prize. Jimmy Cater also won it for his peace efforts in Jerusalem and Palastine and we all know how well that worked out....The committee has mandated his future actions by buying him in advance.......

Irish
Irish 10/09/09 - 08:38 am
The committee said the prize

The committee said the prize was designed to determine his future actions. What a farce.......will he "redistribute" the million dollar prize money ?

REDRIDER
REDRIDER 10/09/09 - 08:45 am
Taxing people who lives in

Taxing people who lives in another county. Got to be a Democrat. People spend money here in Richmond County and that is taxed. Gas, Food, ext. Taxation answers to everything. I think the more money we take home the more we spend. If you had it your way you would have toll to be paid at all entrances to the County.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/09/09 - 09:12 am
paul0106
paul0106 10/09/09 - 09:30 am
What did Obama do to deserve

What did Obama do to deserve the prize? Absolutly nothing. They just give those things away. It's all about politics. I hope he at least acknowledges that it is ridiculous he got the award for what they claim. I f he does that I might have some respect for him, but I doubt he will.

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 10/09/09 - 09:31 am
If all of you folks think

If all of you folks think winning the Nobel Peace Prize means nothing, why are you bothering to comment on it?

Irish
Irish 10/09/09 - 09:41 am
On a lighter note Monica

On a lighter note Monica turned 44 this week for all you Monica wannabees......

lostmymind
lostmymind 10/09/09 - 10:14 am
Taxing people who live in

Taxing people who live in another county, but work in Richmond county. Stupid idea, and yes I live in Aiken county and work here in Richmond county. How is taxing me for working here going to do any good. You want my job, you can take it. By the way, I spend a lot of money over here, as opposed to Aiken county, should I take my money and sales tax revenue somewhere else? Just plain stupid.

mommy715
mommy715 10/09/09 - 10:18 am
obama won again. stop hating.

obama won again. stop hating. he's changing the view of politics and is giving people hope from a grim future

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/09/09 - 10:23 am
Why do parents of Davidson, C

Why do parents of Davidson, C T Walker and A R Johnson students get only one day notice that the school day today will be shortened because Laney is having a "Homecoming Parade". Of all the lame excuses to disrupt school, this is the most stupid one I've ever heard. Good grief. What has happened to priorities?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/09/09 - 10:24 am
This is a safety concern,

This is a safety concern, too. There are a lot of parents that won't learn of this in time and their children will be standing around at school waiting an excess amount of time to be picked up by them.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/09/09 - 10:25 am
Isn't it a bit hateful to say

Isn't it a bit hateful to say to "stop hating" when they simply express an opinion or disagree with yours? Seems like it to me.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 10/09/09 - 10:45 am
next thing ya kno he will get

next thing ya kno he will get the Nobel prize for medicine for his health care program whatta world we live in

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/09/09 - 11:47 am
It amuses me when a person

It amuses me when a person demands from others to 'stop hating'. Yes, by the sheer force of those words alone you can change others opinions and hearts. People will fall in love with your point of view because of your winning, persuasive ways! How naive! What is worse is that these people assume that people who simply have a difference of beliefs feel hatred toward them or their pet cause. How can anyone have a serious conversation with such childish and insecure people? Why would anyone want to even try?

KSL
KSL 10/09/09 - 11:59 am
Normally their demand for

Normally their demand for stop the hating is followed or preceded by name calling.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 10/09/09 - 01:39 pm
You are only called names if

You are only called names if you are a conservative. They preach "freedom of speech"but only if you agree with them.Go to any college campus today and TRY to say anything remotely conservative and see what happens.

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary because of excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to enact an ...