Rants and raves

THE ONLY PROBLEM with Michael Moore films is that most of the people who go to see them already know what time of day it is in this country, and the ignorant masses who need to be seeing his films so as to receive some education would rather call him names. If the man makes money exposing corruption and greed, more power to him.

WHAT IS WRONG with those idiots in Washington? They are not doing anything with health care that will help the American people, but will help the major corporations that run the hospitals. Cut the cost of prescription drugs and hospital services. That will allow the insurance prices to come down. Also, do something about these "ambulance chasing" lawyers that advertise on TV. They help drive costs up while padding their pockets.

AS LONG AS there is one American soldier in Afghanistan, we need to follow our generals' needs. You don't put our soldiers in harm's way and then deny them what they need to survive and win. Keep the politics out of it. This is about terrorism.

DON'T LUMP ALL Northerners together. We love it here. Love the people (Southern hospitality is no myth). Love the weather. Love the restaurant and shopping choices. Love the choices in medical services. Most of all we love the absence of horn honking. Love all of it! You won't see us complain or want to move back North. Here to stay!

I WAS BORN and raised in Ohio. I hate the name "Yankee." I have learned in the 40 years I've lived in the South why the South is the right place to be.

I AM A ONE-YEAR breast cancer survivor. (My mother and grandmother both lost their battle with this disease.) I would like to thank The Augusta Chronicle for the pink newspaper and for all the events that take place in the month of October. God bless all cancer survivors and those who did not win the battle with this disease.

ABOUT SENDING more troops: My daughter will be one of them in a few months. I'll be here to take care of her kids. I didn't want her to join the military, but now she has to do her duty. Ask the soldiers already over there if they want more troops. I bet the answer is yes. If you play a sport with half a team you're going to get killed.

THIS IS A RANT for President Obama. Why is he spending taxpayer money to go to Copenhagen, and how come Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago, wasn't the one going to push the city's bid for the Olympics? From a former Chicagoan.

CAN PEOPLE NOT read? I am sitting in a waiting room with numerous signs (including one at eye level on the front door) that requests you not use cell phones. There are three people on theirs.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/08/09 - 02:42 am
Ranter #4 - Welcome! Happy to

Ranter #4 - Welcome! Happy to have y'all here!

NEone
NEone 10/08/09 - 04:05 am
I want to thank the Chronicle

I want to thank the Chronicle for not printing the online version of the paper in pink. I'm all for support, but I do enjoy my eyesight as well.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/08/09 - 04:21 am
I'm just curious how the last

I'm just curious how the last ranter called in the comment while sitting in the waiting room.....

1957
1957 10/08/09 - 04:49 am
lap top? at least all you

lap top? at least all you have to hear from them is clickety-click.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/08/09 - 05:06 am
She is sitting in the waiting

She is sitting in the waiting room, she didn't get up? HMM.. Idiot there are 4 people on their cell phones.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/08/09 - 05:07 am
Smart phone!

Smart phone!

js_ee
js_ee 10/08/09 - 05:12 am
maybe because it's a request

maybe because it's a request and not a directive????

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/08/09 - 05:13 am
The phone maybe, the

The phone maybe, the operator?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/08/09 - 05:14 am
Its a simple economic model.

Its a simple economic model. low interest rates + increased government spending = high inflation. This is why conservatives are concerned. Not to mention, economist are stating we have a debt economy. Try running your house hold on a debt economy. The United States does not have an unlimited amount of resources just as you. Now you convince me how a debt economy works? Do you under stand what inflation means?
Posted by Grasshopper on Mon May 18, 2009 9:46 AM http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=DXY%3AIND..... Look how the value of the dollar has dropped. TOLD YOU SO!

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/08/09 - 05:15 am
This has me wondering how

This has me wondering how many of the rants about folks talking/texting on their phones/pda's while driving are sent from vehicles.....lots to ponder this morning.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/08/09 - 05:22 am
Ahsan, how 'bout from the

Ahsan, how 'bout from the movies? Talk about a life or death situation. I'm gonna punch the next punk who's yappin when I finally get to see Inglorious Basterds

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/08/09 - 05:26 am
omno - LOL! Good one.

omno - LOL! Good one. G'mornin to ya.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/08/09 - 05:35 am
omno,I have to agree with you

omno,I have to agree with you on that one!! They are just as bad as the one's who place calls from the men's rooms! Usually when I hear them start up I make sure that there are more than an adequate number of courtesy flushes!!

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 10/08/09 - 05:54 am
CAN PEOPLE NOT read - I agree

CAN PEOPLE NOT read - I agree with you. And I'm looking forward to the day when every public place and ever street intersection has a cell phone jammer. I notice personal cell phone jammers are offered on the market. Something you can carry in your purse or pocket and jam cell phones in your presence. I understand some churches and many courthouses are already using them. I intend to suggest that to my local library too. Of course they have a sign up prohibiting cell phone but you can guess how good that works. People will screw up heaven!

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/08/09 - 06:04 am
gaspringwater, technically

gaspringwater, technically those jammers are illegal to own, operate, or even import into the U.S. (except for military or intelligence purposes)... but if you're willing to risk a 11-thousand dollar fine.. once you got it in your hand.... i dunno.. they're really hard to track I understand.. ;)

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 10/08/09 - 06:14 am
omnomnom - Thanks. People

omnomnom - Thanks. People may have bought their cell phones but they didn't buy the privilege to annoy their brethern too. And the difference between legal and illegal is just a few pen strokes. I would support a law to install cell phone jammers as standard equipment in every new car sold. Do you agree the roads would be a little safer?

The Perfect Poster
The Perfect Poster 10/08/09 - 06:14 am
LOL springwater.

LOL springwater.

The Perfect Poster
The Perfect Poster 10/08/09 - 06:15 am
btw Michael Moore rocks.

btw Michael Moore rocks.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/08/09 - 06:20 am
LOL! - I hereby nominate "The

LOL! - I hereby nominate "The Pefect Poster (child)" for "The least surprising post of the day" award. Really, y'all, ya can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the laugh.

terry67
terry67 10/08/09 - 06:28 am
I disagree...Michael Moore

I disagree...Michael Moore blows.....His Columbine and 9-11 movies were some stinky garbage. If he wants to make a true to life expose.....He should do one about the Government! Let's uncover the truth about these crooks! (Repubs, Democrats, and Indep.) I say flush the whole lot and start over.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/08/09 - 06:39 am
terry, take a closer look at

terry, take a closer look at Capitalism: A Love Story.. its an expose about corruption and collusion between corporations, members of congress, and people in the executive branch. He's not just gunning for Bush in this one either. I loathed Bowling for Columbine and 9/11 Because they were so one-sided. Here he goes after the left, right, and the wrong.

sstea
sstea 10/08/09 - 06:42 am
Michael Moore is nothing but

Michael Moore is nothing but an egotistical crackpot.

carrera gt
carrera gt 10/08/09 - 06:49 am
Health care reform is not

Health care reform is not meaningful reform if, when you are told you have cancer, you have to decide to fight it and leave your family destitute or take no treatment and die. The co-pays and spending caps will take your lifetime earnings and you will still likely die. This is if you have insurance. If you don't have assets or insurance you will be treated free. Reform should end the possibility of going bankrupt because you are sick.

bettyboop
bettyboop 10/08/09 - 06:53 am
LOL...michael moore is a fat

LOL...michael moore is a fat disgusting pig who rakes in money ( a stinking capitalist) by denigrating this Country.......yes I would expect a lib to like him ...they swallow his BS hook,line, and sinker.......but then all good libs swallow don't they?

Boston93
Boston93 10/08/09 - 06:57 am
Michael Moore ain't nothing.

Michael Moore ain't nothing. Excuse me: I take that back. He is NOTHING.

xanadu
xanadu 10/08/09 - 07:00 am
if ranter number one chooses

if ranter number one chooses to waste his/her hard-earned money on a moron like m moore, that's their perogative. but i've better things to do with my green than put it in m moore's pocket so he can go make more 'expose' films that are nothing more than vehicles for his torqued-off ego. and if ranter number one chooses to believe m moore's particular brand of rhetoric and angst, that is his/her privilege as well, but i sure do feel sorry for them.

xanadu
xanadu 10/08/09 - 07:02 am
oh, by the way, when m moore

oh, by the way, when m moore made the movie about capitalism, did he include his own capitalistic self in the story? i mean, he sure isn't into making movies for the glory now, is he? isnt it about making money, michael? isn't that a form of capitalism, making money? how does he resolve this point?

Boston93
Boston93 10/08/09 - 07:10 am
Nearly rear ended a pick up

Nearly rear ended a pick up truck last week that came out of a side street talking on a cell phone as he pulled in front of me and luckily the right lane was clear as I swerved to not hit him in the rear. Hitting a vehicle in the rear is in the 99% range your fault. I would be fined and charged because this person's fault. Hand held cell phones while driving has got to go.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/08/09 - 07:28 am
One can only pity anyone who

One can only pity anyone who thinks a M. Moore film is "educational". What happened to everyone's ability to think independently?

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/08/09 - 07:29 am
Don't like people's cell

Don't like people's cell phone use habits? Change your own. Passing yet another law to overcome a lack of common sense is never the answer.

Kettle donations rise in 2014