Rants and raves

EVERY DAY I READ The Chronicle from front to back. Thursday I tried to do so and ended up with sore eyes and a headache. With all due respect and love for breast cancer victims; why not just put an image of a pink ribbon on the top of each page. A little pink goes a long way.

HOW DO I GET a job with the city government job in Augusta? I have some minor medical problems that I need taken care of. But I'm sure by now contributions to the city's coffers have dried up since folks see where their contributions go.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE that want to rant and rave about different people: Read your Bible. You will find out that we all are sisters and brothers, no matter what color you are.

WHAT I DON'T understand is why Republican politicians want "less government" but aren't they part of that very government they want less of? If that's the case, I agree for less government, including politicians because they are a bunch of seat fillers that can't get anything done right.

CONCERNED Citizens of Richmond County want a chronic nuisance property ordinance, now!

RANT TO THE IDIOT driving their vehicle through yards in Country Place. It may be funny now but it will not be when you are caught and a have criminal trespass on your record.

THE DAYS OF "Southern hospitality" are gone forever. They seems to be replaced by rudeness, fast, reckless driving and the ever frustrating question of who gets to park along fire lanes, and who has to find a place in the parking lot. I will be happy to oblige and move back North. The weather just ain't that great here.

A RAVE TO THE STAFF at Bojangle's on Washington Road. They deal with the morning rush traffic quickly and efficiently and are pleasant to the customers, as well. Good job, y'all!

BEFORE YOU SUPPORT Obama's (or ANYBODY'S) government-run health care, ask anybody who goes to the VA hospital and find out how they dictate and manipulate. Do you want to be dictated to and manipulated?

OBAMA SAYS HE is "opening up credit." Now states show that (headline): "Many borrowers fall behind despite help." Over half of these borrowers who were never qualified but got help from you the taxpayer, are two months behind a year later. Let the market adjust the market. When government tries, it is only their method of grabbing more power from you, the citizen.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 06:37 am
OBAMA SAYS HE is "opening up

OBAMA SAYS HE is "opening up credit." The banks did open up credit. However, for some reason banks are pulling out of loans. It appears credit is shrinking again. Is credit shrinking, because businesses are not able to provide the required investment, or are the banks lacking in funds?

Just me 2
Just me 2 10/03/09 - 08:39 am
I work in a bank and it is

I work in a bank and it is not a lack of funds that is the problem.
The problem is because of all the people who are falling behind.
We are still loaning money but we are being more strict by trying to be sure someone is not overloaded with debt and by trying to make sure they are not borrowing more money than the collateral is worth just in case of a default. The funds are available, the customer just has to have a good credit history and be able to show means of repayment.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/03/09 - 08:43 am
Just me2 - Thank you for

Just me2 - Thank you for handling the light work and answering the stupid question. I thought the rant was quite clear about "unqualifed borrowers", but apparently some more explanation was needed for some.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 08:58 am
Ashan your ignorance is

Ashan your ignorance is blissful! I was speaking of commercial lending, not consumer loans. However, I wouldn't expect you to understand such things. Since, its not reported in the blogs. You should concentrate your efforts in your shameless news reports.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/03/09 - 09:01 am
Early in life I had to choose

Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose

the former and have seen no reason to change.
-- Frank Lloyd Wright

lexcabguy2004
lexcabguy2004 10/03/09 - 09:20 am
Everyone has a right to a

Everyone has a right to a loan. Just because someone doesn't pay their bills or doesn't have a job, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to have a house, car, cell phone, big screen...it's not fair that people that are fortunate to have a job should be the only ones with luxuries. If you make more money then you should be willing to be taxed more and help out the small man. You can afford it.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/03/09 - 09:23 am
cabguy - Thanks, I needed

cabguy - Thanks, I needed that! LOL "Yes we can!"

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/03/09 - 09:40 am
Why stop there, Lex? Everyone

Why stop there, Lex? Everyone has a right to a huge house. Everything should be free, why should we have to pay for anything? Those big businesses have tons of profit. I want my 5000 sq ft house. I want my Benz. And I don't want to pay for any of it, after all, it's my right.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/03/09 - 10:13 am
I want my MTV!

I want my MTV!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/03/09 - 10:27 am
Money for nothing and the

Money for nothing and the Chics are Free!!

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/03/09 - 10:32 am
CBBP - Help me out here, I

CBBP - Help me out here, I got a batch bawlin right now for game(s) time. MsAhsan found some EXCELLENT quality fresh green uns at the Bi-Lo on Fury's Ferry and The Pass. These still smell like dirt and are nice and moist. Where were they grown? Any guesses? Maybe the 2nd Florida crop?

disssman
disssman 10/03/09 - 11:00 am
In fact I will take any type

In fact I will take any type of nuisance policy either chronic or not. If we are really going to enforce it. What we don't need is another law that is on the books but not enforced. We have too many unenforced laws as it is.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/03/09 - 11:07 am
disssman - I will acknowledge

disssman - I will acknowledge when we agree on a point. This is one of them. If I don't comment on one of your posts, it's pretty safe to assume I don't agree. lol

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/03/09 - 04:51 pm
THAT'S what I missed smelling

THAT'S what I missed smelling at the Oliver Hardy Festival. Boiled Peanuts! Oh well. It was still a pleasant outing, sights and scents included, especially a beautiful flower shop we went to just outside the festival.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/03/09 - 04:59 pm
Raves for my brother that

Raves for my brother that just called me up and told me he made some grilled Angus burgers for me to pick up for my family and me. He's even providing the hamburger buns and it's not even a special occasion What a sweetie! See ya'll later! LOL

workingmom
workingmom 10/03/09 - 05:14 pm
lexcabguy, PLEASE tell me

lexcabguy, PLEASE tell me your post was supposed to be sarcastic. Would YOU lend money to someone without a job? To someone who cannot afford to pay the bills they already have?? I certainly wouldn't. We have the right to WORK for anything we want. If you want a house, then work for it, save up until you have enough for a down payment. Not everyone can afford to do that as quickly as others, but that's life. I didn't start out owning a home when I first began working. I believe I worked for about 10 years before I ever owned a home. The few luxuries I do have, I saved up for them or worked until I paid them off. I have no problem in helping anyone who is helping themselves. But don't tell me I must help those who sit around and CHOOSE not to work.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/03/09 - 06:22 pm
workingmom, I hope he's being

workingmom, I hope he's being sarcastic, too. Skimming it briefly before I wrote mine, my impression was he or she was being sarcastic, I didn't even consider he wasn't. Wondering now if I was mistaken now that I reread it.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 11:16 pm
These still smell like dirt

These still smell like dirt and are nice and moist AhsanMinnik on Sat Oct 3, 2009 10:32 AM. How did those dirty nuts taste Ashan?

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 10/04/09 - 04:16 am
The nuts came out great!

The nuts came out great! Cajun spices can fix anything.