Rants and Raves

HEADLINE: 'CENSUS Bureau severs ties with ACORN.' Proof the Census Bureau is not to be trusted. If the Census Bureau originally had a "tie" to ACORN, and if that bureau had any kind of common sense, it would have thoroughly checked out ACORN before combining forces. This is just Obama's Census Bureau trying to get itself out of trouble it purposely walked into.

RANT TO THE FOLKS who so generously paid for our dinner at Poblano's. Shame on you for making me cry in public! It was 9/11, and my husband was in uniform. Honestly, thank you for your sincere appreciation and for your service as well. He deploys in 11 days for a year, so thank you from his wife and daughter for your support.

WHEN CONGRESSMAN Joe Wilson yelled out "you lie" during the president's address, I was reminded of the children's story about the emperor not wearing any clothes. The citizen who yelled "he's naked!" is praised for telling the truth, not criticized for ruining the emperor's parade. No, we are not smarter than a fifth-grader -- they at least remember the moral of the story.

I AM NEW to the Peach State, and I cannot believe the vitriol aimed at the president of the United States in the pages of The Augusta Chronicle. Concerning the school speech, what the heck is the problem? Indoctrination? Please! Or is it better to continue reading to a school class while our country is under attack, then go running like a scared rabbit, as our former president did?

PERHAPS HALF A MILLION people filled the National Mall Saturday to voice their concerns about President Obama and his government's performance. Did he meet these people as the president of the United States? No, he flew right over their heads en route to yet another cherry-picked crowd of supporters who rally behind the man. This man is a disappointment, and I want my vote back.

LET'S FACE IT, "y'all," there ain't much going on in the cerebral area down here in the South. I'll put it this way: The Northerners think with the northern part of their body, and the Southerners think with their ... um ... pride. And look where decades of pride have gotten us. Everyone in the South -- Dems and Reps both -- should just sit down and shut up and let the brains up North run the show. Should there be any opposition to the president's ideas, then please allow only the northern Republicans to do the talking.

WHEN WILL SOMETHING be done about the noise problems in Richmond County? The No. 1 nuisance here is being awakened, no matter what shift you work, by cars playing brick-house-shaking, window-rattling loud bass through our neighborhoods.

HillGuy
HillGuy 09/18/09 - 01:27 am
AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 01:45 am
It looks like a couple of

It looks like a couple of ranters need one-way tickets north on Greyhound or Delta. I'll buy! G'mornin, all y'all.

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/18/09 - 02:39 am
morning all

morning all

omnomnom
omnomnom 09/18/09 - 03:40 am
Amen to that last comment. I

Amen to that last comment. I work overnights during the week.. and every day around 9am as I lay my head down to sleep... BOOMMmm BOOOMmm... BOOMMmm.. It makes me want to grab my gun and make some more noise.. Instead I just pour myself another screwdriver.. to give me a different kind of headache if anything.

bettyboop
bettyboop 09/18/09 - 05:38 am
To our northern supporter...I

To our northern supporter...I have spent many years traveling around this Country and the World...some of the stangest and most abnormal individuals I encountered were from "up North"...try walking through a small Maine town and watch the reactions....it's a hoot ....Give me Dixie anyday!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/18/09 - 05:45 am
Darn Yankees will complain

Darn Yankees will complain about anything and everything. Yet, they still live here, cause their freakish ideas have ruined the North.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/18/09 - 06:23 am
Grasshopper a minor

Grasshopper a minor correction, those are Damn Yankees! The Darn ones go back!

xanadu
xanadu 09/18/09 - 06:26 am
Ranter Number four doesn't

Ranter Number four doesn't say where he/she is from but wherever they came from, let's hope they return soon; sounds like a moron.
I am a damn Yankee, but you can call me that as long as you say it with a smile. I've lived here, there and yon over the last thirty years or so. Every place has its pros and cons. I like the South cause people are friendly and down to earth pretty much and the weather sure beats shoveling four feet of snow in the winter.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/18/09 - 06:36 am
CBBP figured I would get

CBBP figured I would get kicked off for saying "Damn Yankee".. Fourpenny, its not that people move down here from the north, its the attitude they bring. Why would someone live here if all they can do is complain how bad the South is? If I didn't like the people where I lived. I would MOVE!

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 09/18/09 - 06:42 am
sometimes we are here but not

sometimes we are here but not by choice!!

TORTURE
TORTURE 09/18/09 - 06:45 am
When Congressman Joe Wilson

When Congressman Joe Wilson commit a outburst during the president's address,I was reminded of all the children that are diagnosis with autism who can't control their tongue.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 09/18/09 - 06:56 am
Well geez I am kind of

Well geez I am kind of wondering if I want to stay in the CSRA after reading these posts. And grasshopper some of us are not here by choice so don't lump everyone into one ball. I really didn't understand the rant about our old Pres. running from 9/11 what was that about??? Anyway everyone enjoy the nice rainy day

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 06:58 am
Today is 2009 National

Today is 2009 National POW/MIA Recognition Day. Please take a few moments for reflection.

NANF
NANF 09/18/09 - 07:06 am
So. I see Betty Beard got

So. I see Betty Beard got her tail in another crack. No wonder she resigned. She tried to leave the boat before it started sinking. I don't think she left in time. That she give $20,000 dollars that was marked for charity, to an employee that needed gastric by-pass was unthinkable. If she had to skim, why not clean up her slummy rentals. Shame on you Betty Beard.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 07:09 am
Observances of National

Observances of National POW/MIA Recognition Day are held across the country on military installations, ships at sea, state capitols, schools and veterans' facilities. This observance is one of six days throughout the year that Congress has mandated the flying of the National League of Families' POW/MIA flag. The others are Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day and Veterans Day. The flag is to be flown at major military installations, national cemeteries, all post offices, VA medical facilities, the World War II Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the official offices of the secretaries of state, defense and veterans affairs, the director of the selective service system and the White House.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 07:14 am
Maybe if I call the newsroom

Maybe if I call the newsroom it can be a "Breaking Story" later to make Mr English proud of his team!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/18/09 - 07:15 am
TaTa's I got your e mail. If

TaTa's I got your e mail. If there is anything I can assist with in the future let me know. I know who to talk with for the area you live in and the school systems. I'm happy to hear the good news about you!

NANF
NANF 09/18/09 - 07:19 am
So. I see Betty Beard got

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 07:23 am
NANF - What is wrong with the

NANF - What is wrong with the Bettty Beard story for those comments? DId you mean to post it there the second time you sent it?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 09/18/09 - 07:46 am
Socialism-Any of various

Socialism-Any of various theories or systems of social organization in which the means of producing and distributing goods is owned collectively or by a centralized government that often plans and controls the economy. You folks might be well advised to stop and look around.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 09/18/09 - 08:07 am
Communism-A system of

Communism-A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single,often authoritarian party holds power,claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 08:12 am
wizzardx - I'm waiting for

wizzardx - I'm waiting for the first one of "them" to pop up an say you got that from Fox News. LOL

REDRIDER
REDRIDER 09/18/09 - 08:19 am
To the Northerner who has a

To the Northerner who has a pea for brain and may be an ounce of Pride. You sound like socialist to me. Your trying to control people's thoughts. A Southern Man Don't Need You Around Any How!!!

Back to story
Back to story 09/18/09 - 08:21 am
Next to the last rant. Not

Next to the last rant. Not to insult you, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance? If your post is an example of Northern intelligence then you have just made me doubly proud to be a Southerner. Bless your little bitty Northern heart!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 09/18/09 - 08:21 am
I made it up because i don't

I made it up because i don't like hussein

R2
R2 09/18/09 - 08:24 am
Proof that all of the "facts"

Proof that all of the "facts" thrown out here are lies. You lie like a rug.

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/18/09 - 08:27 am
We have a winner!

We have a winner!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 09/18/09 - 08:29 am
r2-look it up

r2-look it up

Back to story
Back to story 09/18/09 - 08:31 am
Lady Cisback, the only people

Lady Cisback, the only people living here not by choice are the ones who are either not adults, in the military or are incarcerated. Unless you are in one of those positions then you choose to be here for reasons of your own. Trust me, no Southerner wants to keep you here against your wishes. Goodbye!

Chad
Chad 09/18/09 - 08:35 am
If you oppose the Admins

If you oppose the Admins policies your a racist, guess it was only minorities that voted Obama in, and the world is flat, Jim Morrison is alive eating peanut butter sandwiches sitting on a gold toilet next to Elvis at Graceland.