Rants and Raves

THIS IS A RANT to the stupid idiot that tried to break into my house. Just because there is not a car in the driveway does not mean nobody is at home. I'm sure you got the surprise of your life when you figured out somebody was home. Try to break in again and see what's going to await you on the other end.

THIS IS A RANT to all the people making a fuss over students being able to hear Obama's school-opening speech. What's the worst that could happen? Your child might actually want to stay in school and learn something and become smarter? These parents must want their kids to turn out as dumb as they are.

THIS IS A RANT to the editorial on fundamental rights. Why is health care any more of a fundamental right than food and housing? You buy food; you get home insurance to protect your house; and you get health insurance to protect yourself.

PRESIDENT OBAMA has called attention to the problem of medical care in America. American pharmaceutical companies are ripping Americans off with their tremendous prices for their products. We voters can make a difference by demanding that our elected officials fix this now.

THIS IS A PLEA to all who build homes, condos, townhouses and apartments to sell or rent to the public. Please make all doorways large enough to accommodate a standard-size wheelchair. We have had a hard time finding bathroom doors wide enough.

YES, JAY WEINBERGER was a prominent businessman in Augusta, but please let his family rest in peace and not report detail after detail of his personal life.

WELCOME BACK, Sylvia Cooper, I really missed you, especially after reading Sunday's City Ink. You really should have gotten two puppies.

THIS IS A RANT to the grocery clerk at the cash register. If the lines are all backed up, it's best not to have a friendly conversation with everyone that comes through your line. Secondly, I don't want to hear your political opinions while I'm waiting in the grocery line.

HillGuy
HillGuy 09/09/09 - 01:54 am
TroubIe
TroubIe 09/09/09 - 04:49 am
morning all......

morning all......

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/09/09 - 09:09 am
9:09am 09/09/09 Number 9!

9:09am 09/09/09 Number 9! Helter Skelter! The walrus is Paul. w00t!

deekster
deekster 09/09/09 - 09:14 am
So now in the "court of

So now in the "court of public opinion" stealing a trailer is just another day at work. "An epidemic of stolen trailers befalls the CSR of A". It happens in CC all the time and seldom are the robberies solved. No big deal!! Let's move on!! The new WATCH WORD. Let's move on!! Rock, Paper, Scissors. MONEY trumps ALL.

Irish
Irish 09/09/09 - 09:43 am
There is still no mention of

There is still no mention of tort reform. One of the biggest cost the medical field has is malpractice insurance. This causes the pharmacutical and doctors to drive up cost. The Pharmecutical industry has tremendous amts of time and money tied up in research and developement. Many test are performed before a product is apporoved. All of this cost money ....If lawyers were limited in the amount they could charge for frivolous law suits (not all suits are frivolous) the cost of health care would come down....If the cost hospitals incurred treating illegals and indigents was not transferred to those with insurance the cost could be reduced as well.....the most non productive elements of society seem to be the ones running the show now . Especially in the 3 branches of government......The entitlement mentality keeps them down on the plantation and voting for the same masters.......

artsy fartsy
artsy fartsy 09/09/09 - 11:05 am
to the last ranter: At least

to the last ranter: At least the cashier spoke to you- most of the ones in Wal-Mart these days just ring up your food with an attitude and never even so much as make eye contact! I love when the credit card machine asks "Did your cashier greet you today?"- I never hesitate to press NO!

carolinafrog
carolinafrog 09/09/09 - 11:13 am
to the 2nd ranter: I do NOT

to the 2nd ranter: I do NOT need Obama to persuade my child to stay in school, I raised one to finish school and I can raise another to do the same. We are a 2-parent household devoted to raising our children with morals, values, and honesty. It's ridiculous to think every child needs to hear him, and how convenient it was for Obama to drop the "curriculum" portion of his speech after so much flack. He does NOT tell the DOE what to teach. What we got as a speech was an extremely scaled down version of the original released earlier. His cowardly ways shine through again. We don't need him, we're doing a fine job ourselves. Quit relying so heavily on the President, he's taking us down a road of ridiculous spending that our kids and grandkids will NEVER dig out of. He's ruining their future. His speech only made him and the dems feel good trying to keep the "at risk" in school so they'll get a decent job to pay off the trillions Obama is blowing at their expense.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 09/09/09 - 12:21 pm
I am a huge fan of cashiers

I am a huge fan of cashiers being cashiers and not everybody's bosom buddy. Years ago I was shopping at the Food Lion in New Ellenton (big surprise it's no longer in business at that location);four of us were in line when the first lady announced, You'll never guess what I bought myself for Christmas today". Her audience heroically restrained their curiosity--except for one person, who just had to ask, "What'd you get"? Of course it was the cashier. I recommended that the two exchange addresses and write each other letters about their lives or lack thereof.

corgimom
corgimom 09/09/09 - 01:24 pm
Hey carolinafrog, just who

Hey carolinafrog, just who voted him into office? Who voted the Congress into their positions? Not your children and grandchildren; it's adults over 18. Your 14 year old will be eligible to vote in a few years, sure, it's great for them to be uneducated. That will help them make an informed choice 4 years from now, won't it? Too bad you have so little confidence in your parenting and your ability to teach them how to choose, and reject, candidates. I used news and speeches like that to convey my beliefs to my child. I told him what I thought and why, because I knew that someday he would have to make his own choices. Adulthood doesn't magically start on someone's 18th birthday,

pommom38
pommom38 09/09/09 - 03:37 pm
I like when the cashiers

I like when the cashiers actually take the time to engage in pleasantries. Not full on conversations, but at least a *hi, how are you today* is always welcome. Walmart usually always has someone that does this, but for me, bi-lo is the worse.
One in N Aug has an older lady that only says, *got your bonuscard on ya*. gee, excuse me that i'm trying to unload my cart so as to not hold the line up and can't immediately hand you my stupid card. I avoid her line at all cost's now. Very unfriendly and never smiles.
you're in customer service! you hate your job and don't like being civil to people, find another one.. to bad all stores don't ask you if your cashier was decent.

BIGGIRL50
BIGGIRL50 09/09/09 - 04:03 pm
hey , people i just purchase

hey , people i just purchase ham sub at wal-mart on bobby jones sell by 9/12/09 underneath that was another sticker sell by 8/9/09 sandwich been out almost a month 3 days from being (1)month is this the way sandwiches are suppose to be sold ? you are worried about health care you better look at the food we buyand dates

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/09/09 - 04:56 pm
BIGGIRL - You left out the

BIGGIRL - You left out the most important part. How did it taste?

mommato2
mommato2 09/09/09 - 04:57 pm
You should totally report

You should totally report that. Keep the wrapper and take it to the news station. No way in the world would I buy anything even close to expiration, from anywhere.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/09/09 - 05:33 pm
Big Girl look at the food you

Big Girl look at the food you buy on dates?

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/09/09 - 05:55 pm
Letter to the Editor of the

Letter to the Editor of the Country,

Let me get this straight. We're going to maybe have a health care plan written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that s nearly broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

Irish
Irish 09/09/09 - 06:13 pm
to the first ranter, shoot

to the first ranter, shoot straight and often so the perpitrator can't sue........

AhsanMinnik
AhsanMinnik 09/09/09 - 07:25 pm
A better poll question might

A better poll question might have been "Do you read the online comments?" Or combine them together A- Do you read online comments? B- Have you ever posted an online comment after reading the other comments? C - No, I don't read the online comments or post. I see where this is going, at least be fair about it.

bettyboop
bettyboop 09/09/09 - 09:16 pm
OK..watched that fool stand

OK..watched that fool stand up and lie straight in the face of the American people...wake up sheeple!! The painted sow pelosi bouncing like a jack in the box behind him..it was scary! NO GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTH CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!