Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT TO the ranter saying a teacher shouldn't complain about not having air conditioning. She deserves it while she tries to teach your child. Don't try to make us feel sorry for you working in a cotton factory. Teachers should get the best of everything to help educate our future.

TO THE RANTER that said: "I bet you she wouldn't go back because a teacher's job is a pie job. She needs to quit griping and be grateful that she's got a job." Are you nuts? We need teachers. God bless our teachers!

THIS IS FOR all the people who come out to eat, receive excellent service, run us servers all around and then leave no tip. This is how we make a living, so if you do not have the money to tip please do not go out to eat.

HEADLINE: " Obama vows overhaul even without support." In other words, Obama vows to have his way even over the objections of the American people. That, friends, is as good a definition of tyranny as there is.

TO THE PEOPLE irrationally blaming the police for the rise in crime: We all know that Sheriff Ronnie Strength and his fine staff do great work, as evidenced by all those arrests of crooks along with drugs and weaponry. We need to assign his department more money so that he can use even more officers in his efforts to fight crime. You can't cut his budget and expect him to do more and more with it when there are more and more criminals popping up.

HOW ON EARTH can one Graniteville resident waste 85,000 gallons of water? That woman should be ashamed and charged the full price of that increased bill just to teach her to conserve.

I REALLY WISH there was no "cash for clunkers" program. It would be better to put in "cash for public transit" to increase and push the utilization of public transit for the greater good. Less fuel use all around, etc. Look at Atlanta's MARTA program. Several runs a day on most routes, fast service from the airport all the way up north into Chamblee, with hours running long enough to take people to work and back and out and about.

BOOT THE FOOLS out! First we hear that the economy was wrecked because folks could not afford the homes they bought, encouraged by government. Now we are encouraging folks that cannot afford a new car by giving cash for clunkers. Only fools don't learn from their mistakes.

I HAVE A RANT for the condition of Richmond County. Everywhere you look all you see is trash all over and weeds growing wild. What will it take to get people to put their trash where it belongs, and why can't our county commissioners do something to get it all cleaned up?

AintNoThang
AintNoThang 08/09/09 - 04:04 pm
Opie2 - I've been reading all

Opie2 - I've been reading all the comments on that story hoping that somebody would explain the logistical challenges/solutions of HOW to do it. So far I still don't know....got any hints?

increasethepeace
increasethepeace 08/09/09 - 04:07 pm
I agree completely with the

I agree completely with the first two ranters. Most teachers deserve a lot more appreciation than they recieve. Anyone who disagree's probably didn't finish high school.

Nammy3
Nammy3 08/09/09 - 04:20 pm
w00t! 'bout that time....{I

w00t! 'bout that time....{I before e except after c...} (':

AintNoThang
AintNoThang 08/09/09 - 04:25 pm
Nammy! - Pass that snack

Nammy! - Pass that snack tray!

MyOpinion2
MyOpinion2 08/09/09 - 04:25 pm
ANT, guess someone read my

ANT, guess someone read my post at the Chronicle, it has be taken out of the first 10, thanks! ANT why dont you contact the man in the article and ask him, perhaps he could show you. I on the other hand dont have a clue, nor do I want one or care.

Nammy3
Nammy3 08/09/09 - 04:27 pm
puff, puff, *passes...to

puff, puff, *passes...to ain't. (':

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 08/09/09 - 05:16 pm
So Holder is going after the

So Holder is going after the CIA. Any bets on who will win?

AintNoThang
AintNoThang 08/09/09 - 05:52 pm
Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 08/09/09 - 05:57 pm
Afternoon Nammy and

Afternoon Nammy and ANT/pths!!!!!!! Got some good munchies over here at my place. hee hee..

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 08/09/09 - 06:01 pm
You'll have to do yer puffin

You'll have to do yer puffin fer ya come tho...I have children..I don't subject them to drugs..yanno...I got to drive him around a lot and that puffin may cause me to wreck. You know? Mind altering. Got to play it safe...I am in my late 40's...a time when you grow up and become responsible..but hey, like I said....got some yummie snacks!!!

Whatthetruth
Whatthetruth 08/09/09 - 06:03 pm
Calling on all Educators ...

Calling on all Educators ... to get the word out to be present at the School Board Committee meeting on Tuesday August 11th at 4:00 P. M. It is imperative that you be present at this meeting as well as the School Board Meeting on Tuesday, August 18th at 6:00 P.M. Time to make your voices heard about the unfair furloughs and lack of supplies, Remember, this affects all of us. Those of you who have the green shirts or other RCAE shirts, please wear them to the meetings. Many of you have called GAE in reference to the 15 minutes smoke screen as it relates to the furlough. Now is the time to show how you feel and please contact your school board members TODAY!.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 08/09/09 - 06:04 pm
I have some wine however.

I have some wine however. Depending on how much work I get submitted, I may have a glass this evening..do ya'll like wine?..I mean..I know it's not illegal, but it's still fun..

Rose
Rose 08/09/09 - 06:48 pm
So KSL called me a cronie.

So KSL called me a cronie. Dang woman. Where have you been and what you been doing today? Stuck up snob and wantabe know it all. Grab another glass. I might have one tomorrow.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 08/09/09 - 09:21 pm
Sorry Rose, but I have to

Sorry Rose, but I have to check you, I know for a fact that you and KSL have sat down and enjoyed a ballgame together and it was fun. I was there and we all had fun.

happydazerhereagain
happydazerhereagain 08/09/09 - 09:28 pm
Goodnight all..pleasant

Goodnight all..pleasant dreams.

obamtheflimflamman
obamtheflimflamman 08/09/09 - 09:35 pm
Rose, I thought KSL called

Rose, I thought KSL called you a Crown--not a "cronie", hee, hee! She has you pegged, hee, hee!

Rose
Rose 08/09/09 - 09:55 pm
Augusta resident that was

Augusta resident that was when she was civil. things happen.You don't know all the story, and some you do know.

Pu239
Pu239 08/09/09 - 10:20 pm
I compressed the titles of

I compressed the titles of the 5 most discussed stories and this is what I came up with. Obama rants and raves of slander, protestors ordered to leave. Hmmmmmmm.......

fftaz71
fftaz71 08/09/09 - 11:02 pm
KSL, the average tab where I

KSL, the average tab where I worked was no where near 80.00...more like 20-25.00. Its only a good hourly rate IF people tip decently...which does not happen here for the most part.

How much do you think a server makes per hour KSL? Because it is a far cry from the federal minimum wage of 7.55/hr or whatever it is now. Servers make 2.13/hr...that is because it is assumed by the restaurant business that YOU the customer will follow etiquette and tip a minimum of 15%.

Someone commented that the kitchen staff should get tips. I worked in a kitchen and while tips would be nice, I would never take tips from the servers getting paid significantly less than I was. I made 10.00/hr as a prep cook in a Bob Evans (different state, server pay was 3.65 there). In all honesty, the kitchen/dishroom staff have the least amount of customer contact, in some places the least amount of work (NOTE I SAID SOME NOT ALL) but make the most per hour.

Servers should be at least guaranteed the same minimum wages that anyone in any other profession are guarranteed. Nobody can live on 2.13/hr if they are not getting good tips to supplement. And if theres no servers, no restaurants..

fftaz71
fftaz71 08/09/09 - 11:10 pm
And, KSL, Im working in the

And, KSL, Im working in the restuarant industry b/c I am trying to work my way through nursing school. The bills dont stop coming b/c one is in school.

Nammy3
Nammy3 08/09/09 - 11:21 pm
Good night, George.

Good night, George.

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 08/10/09 - 12:24 am
If you have any class it is

If you have any class it is about 15% of your bill ..