Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT against the city of Augusta and its parks department. I had the opportunity to walk on Augusta's Riverwalk Sunday. What a shame. Red clay, dirt, dead plants. All this used to be a beautiful, lush, green plant site with butterfly gardens and herb gardens. Red clay has washed down on the walk on the lower level with its broken, raised cracks in it. You should never even promote this area. I'm very thankful I live in North Augusta and have a beautiful Greeneway to walk on.

A RAVE FOR ANY KIND of health care reform. Millions of Americans have no health insurance at all, or are underinsured. Millions more lose coverage temporarily because of the economy, through down-sizing and layoffs. Hundreds of thousands of Americans seek treatment in foreign countries because it is more affordable and is often given by American-trained doctors anyway. The nation is being ripped off and lied to by powerful financial interests with big-time lobbyists.

WHY IS IT you can not get a decent haircut, color job or perm in this town? Could it be the hairdressers stop cutting your hair to talk on the phone, or cut hair while talking about other customers and their own personal problems? They are not focused on you as a client. What I have seen here in this town is lack of professionalism in this trade. Also, I think this section of the newspaper has served its purpose. Please discontinue it. It shows the pure ignorance of people all the time, and in this town we need no more of that.

WHY DO I have to hear loud, blaring music in restaurants? We are there to enjoy conversations, not rock out.

A RAVE TO Rick McKee for his cartoon on July 18 making fun of all the different, ridiculous conspiracy theories that are out there. It's amazing what some people will believe, like all that nonsense about the moon landings being faked or Obama's birth certificate not being real.

HOW COME "cash for clunkers" is being used to buy foreign-made cars and not restricted to American-made cars?

ENOUGH WITH the tattoo debate already! People can put what they want on their body, but they are the ones that have to live with it every day and watch it stretch and sag for the rest of their lives. Personally, I don't care for them and would never get one, but the rant and rave argument over tats needs to end.

I RECENTLY MOVED here from the Atlanta area, and if you were not at least 18 years old you had to have a parent with you at the mall. I went to Augusta Mall recently, and it needs to look into this rule. Parents send their kids off to the mall and they don't know how to act like young men and women.

Nammy3
Nammy3 07/24/09 - 01:50 am
G'morning Tujeez, RocknRoll,

G'morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, {♥}, Irish and all ya'll! Have a great day! w00t! (':

HillGuy
HillGuy 07/24/09 - 01:54 am
So the next to last ranter

So the next to last ranter wants the debate over tramp stamps to end in the rants and raves so they send in a rant about tramp stamps.. heh real smart there.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/24/09 - 02:14 am
Hey Nammy....You hit the buck

Hey Nammy....You hit the buck fiddy!.....w00t!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/24/09 - 02:20 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, radiatingtatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *ladyjanegrey, GnipGnop, Lipstick Mama, andywarhol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag, APiratesLife4Me, Reality and Grasshopper! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!....w00t! it's 4:20 somewhere! For all you time hacks out there...

Nammy3
Nammy3 07/24/09 - 02:21 am
It smell like Rain to you?

It smell like Rain to you? w00t! back @ cha..... (':

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/24/09 - 02:24 am
No....but I didn't just throw

No....but I didn't just throw up in my mouth either...*sprays* (just in case) LOL

Nammy3
Nammy3 07/24/09 - 02:25 am
lmao! w00t! #7!!! {nice hack!

lmao! w00t! #7!!! {nice hack! lol} (':

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/24/09 - 02:53 am
And now...the two minute run

And now...the two minute run down.....Can someone remind North Augusta's Don King that the Riverwalk is middle aged. I'll bet the NA greenway will smell like frumunda in half that time with all of those "free ticket" holders to the Augusta Southern Nationals running amuk.....I see there are still Obama kool aide drinkers out there looking for free medical care. hope they join KDA before they lose their parents to the Obama Medical Corps.....An obviously unhappy bouffant betty has more than hair on her mind....and says R&R should be discontinued due to the ignorance of its comments....nothing like driving a point home.....To the fourth ranter....two words....text messaging.......rock on grandma.....I see the sheeple will even pay Rick McKee a compliment if it means they can get a free shot in on the "birthers"......Cash for Clunkers"....We hope you buy American, but if you don't, we'll borrow that money from the foreign entity in question to fund another stimulus package.....I see Government Motors is already introducing legislation to boost its chances of survival......All I have to offer this debate is....my opinion and a call for ending the debate.......this is REALLY funny stuff

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/24/09 - 02:54 am
continued....this is REALLY

continued....this is REALLY funny stuff all by itself but, you let bouffant betty stroke her ego...so I'll continue......And finally, someone moved here from Atlanta and wants the mall to be more like home....here's a tip....since you live here now.....this is home.... Ya'll have a good day and be blessed....I'll be playing here all week...unless bouffant Betty has her way....or I get busted breaking into my own home and act like Skippy....

NEone
NEone 07/24/09 - 03:14 am
Hmmm, you feel the need to

Hmmm, you feel the need to rant about lousy hair services in this town, and use this forum to do so. Then you rant about this forum and want it discontinued as it has served its purpose and shows "our" ignorance? Maybe that's why people read it!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 07/24/09 - 03:49 am
Morning everybody ... Hey

Morning everybody ... Hey Tujeez ! Hey Nammy! Everyone have a great day ... BTW I'm "ignorant " >>> So shoot me ! lol wOOt !!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/24/09 - 04:20 am
w00t! There's your

w00t! There's your 4:20!.........Goodnight Sargent Mid Town....wherever you are.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 07/24/09 - 05:37 am
I sure do wish that finding a

I sure do wish that finding a good hairdresser was my worst problem-I wouldn't have any problems.The country is being led to ruins and these folk's largest problems are tatoos and hairdressers.How very very sad.

JohnQuill
JohnQuill 07/24/09 - 05:52 am
OUTLAW Red Clay in Georgia!

OUTLAW Red Clay in Georgia! Just imagine how many jobs the removal effort would create. Here's a hack back at ya, Tuj. w00t! Wizzard, have you seen the size of many of the folks who are worried about haircolor services and others' reactions to their tattoos? You nailed it with it being the "largest problem".

1957
1957 07/24/09 - 06:04 am
I am a hairdresser in Augusta

I am a hairdresser in Augusta going on 34 years. My mother was an Augusta hairdresser for 40 years. I am very sorry for the person's problem finding a decent cut and colorist, however after reading the full rant it sounds like another nutcase who couldn't be pleased by anyone. As far as a blanket opinion that there is "a lack of professionalism in this trade in this town" that is dead wrong. Augusta has some of the best, most talented ,kind and hard working people anywhere , and professionalism is alive and very well in this city. And I sure hope you never find your way to my chair.

JohnQuill
JohnQuill 07/24/09 - 06:07 am
1957 - Very well stated!

1957 - Very well stated! Thank you for providing quality service.

jaschild
jaschild 07/24/09 - 06:24 am
what a great idea for the

what a great idea for the mall. i'd like to see the minimum age without parent at 16 - let's give the kids a break who can drive and let them have a place to go to instead of aimlessly cruising the streets. hopefully the merchants care enough about their livelihood to institute something like this

jaschild
jaschild 07/24/09 - 06:25 am
1957, can you list some of

1957, can you list some of these fine establishments - - i'm looking for a new place.

xanadu
xanadu 07/24/09 - 06:25 am
Gee, the U.S is sliding down

Gee, the U.S is sliding down the tubes and Ranter #3's most pressing concern is her hairdo. Tomorrow it will be the nail salons, the next day no doubt the tanning bed industry will get a thrashing. Chicky, you need to get over yourself. Cut your own darn hair and dye it if you don't like the local hairdressers. Or drive across the river to the up and coming hotspot of the south, North Augusta, see if they imported any haute couture hairstylists since you seem like one of those high maintenance broads. Better yet, as my girl Judge Judy would say: Beauty fades, dumb is forever. Go to the library and beautify your mind.

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/24/09 - 06:26 am
morning all

morning all

colcamp1
colcamp1 07/24/09 - 06:32 am
I see that the weekly bashing

I see that the weekly bashing of the mall continue. As some call for the death of the mall, I see where stores continue to open and thrive. Must be a quirk or something.

TechLover
TechLover 07/24/09 - 06:33 am
#3 ranter: I solved that

#3 ranter: I solved that problem years ago. I don't cut my hair. Last time was around 1997 for a management job. The minute they snipped the ponytail, I regretted not standing my ground and telling them no, I'll take the job but no haircut. Haven't cut is since. It did go to Locks of Love so it at least went for a good cause.

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/24/09 - 06:34 am
colcamp, i have not seen

colcamp, i have not seen where anyone has mentioned the death of the mall until you came along and brought it up.......

TechLover
TechLover 07/24/09 - 06:50 am
The mall died? As long as it

The mall died? As long as it went humanely and they didn't hit it with a hammer.

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 07/24/09 - 06:54 am
George Custer was warned time

George Custer was warned time and again about harassing the Sioux Indians and after he ran up on them at Little Big Horn. Custer and all his men were killed. An old Sioux woman, carring a buffalo bone needle, walked out to the body of Custer, knelt down next to his body, inserted the needle in one of Custers ears and hammered it in, then she put the needle in his other ear and hammered it in. After doing this she talked into each ear saying "Can you hear now?" This reminds me of todays politicians, all of them, and the President.

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 07/24/09 - 06:55 am
Liberty is but happiness in

Liberty is but happiness in the cradle that does not sleep
when rocked but rises to defend its self.
There are no existing parties capable or being Public
Servants in this great Republic. Our existing marshmallow
politicians with wet noodle spines take it as an insult to be
called a Public Servant.
This Rebublic is in dire need of It's children to restore it's
rightful place in the World.
How can someone vote for or against something they know
nothing about?
This Republic will no longer submit to or follow marshmallow
politicians with wet noodle spines! The streets are waiting

TechLover
TechLover 07/24/09 - 07:06 am
"Restore it's rightful place

"Restore it's rightful place in the world"? Do you mean like an empire, forcing our will on all?

marandan
marandan 07/24/09 - 07:14 am
Can you imagine if the cops

Can you imagine if the cops had not come in time and someone was really robbing his house(Gates). Then he(Gates would have old Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson, calling for a media assault to complain the Police ineptness, probably due to RACISM. Oh, and dont forget, Barry is his friend. He put his 2 cents in about it last night, something he had no business even talking about, I am surprised he didnt say it was higher than his paygrade. So now, anyone in law enforcement, must always hesitate when dealing with anyone black. Noone else just blacks, who seem to take every occassion to scream racial profiling, when they are caught in the wrong. Why is it that the asians, dont scream racism all the time? Because, ONLY some Blacks are using their skin color to protect themselves, whenever the opportunities arise. They cant handle competitiveness of a civil society, and they don't want to do the hard work that everyone else does to excel in their life. They would rather play the race card. It amazes me how many successful blacks, continually BITE the affirmative hand that fed them into the best schools, that so many whites never were given the chance to have, because they were white.

atsugua13
atsugua13 07/24/09 - 07:27 am
What american made cars?

What american made cars? name one

1941
1941 07/24/09 - 07:36 am
The rant about hairdressers

The rant about hairdressers is so true! Because the first thing they want to do is 'trim' the ends, they cut you bald, because they don;t know how to style long hair!! Any hairdresser, who has been doing hair over thirty years need to go back to school, or quit, because they know nothing about the latest styles!!!

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.