Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A HUGE RAVE to a small boy. While at Sam's Club with my wife the other day, I pulled out my club card from my pocket. Not knowing it, I also pulled out the cash in my pocket, which hit the floor. A small boy, hardly tall enough to see over the shopping cart handle, saw this and followed us to the checkout. There he got my attention and told me I had dropped my money, which was a sizable amount, and handed it to me. What a wonderful job his parents have done in teaching him honesty, and how very proud they must be.

I AM GLAD someone has finally addressed the fact that the 2-year-old child was unattended next door to a yard with dogs. I feel bad the child was injured, but the injury should not be blamed on the dogs.

A RANT TO the animal savior whose dogs bit the child recently. You should have to sit by this child's bed and listen to him cry for 24 hours, and pay his hospital bill also.

JUDGE SOTOMAYOR shouldn't have to apologize for what she said. I'm African-American, and I've lived in poverty and have gone through hardships just like she has. I feel my experience would allow me to serve and understand people in situations like myself, not so much because I'm black, but because of the wisdom and the knowledge that I have compared to somebody that's been rich.

WE SAW what you did. You drove up in front of a church and stole a small pink tent that was there to advertise Vacation Bible School. You opened your trunk, threw it in and took off. I hope your child appreciates the fact that you stole her a tent.

I HAVE A RANT about the bicycle riders on Tobacco Road. You are supposed to ride with the traffic and you are supposed to walk facing traffic. If you are going to ride a bicycle on the highway, you need to learn the rules of the road.

COLUMBIA COUNTY, you need to get the community service people to pick up the trash on Columbia Road and get the state to cut it.

TO THE PERSON who said, "Welcome to 2009, where things are a little different than 1930." Well, lower back tattoos would have been tacky in 1930 and they are still tacky in 2009. They advertise to the world that you have no self-respect.

TO THE GENTLEMAN who noticed the beautiful young lady and then noticed the trashy tattoo on her back: There is a name for those tattoos. They are called "tramp stamps" by young ladies who wouldn't be caught dead with ink on their bodies, especially right above their backsides. Your opinion was not shallow, sir. The respondent was obviously just tasteless.

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/17/09 - 01:27 am
morning all........to the 4th

morning all........to the 4th rant.....you do indeed have experiences that a rich man (black or white) does not have, but on the other hand, the rich man also has experience that you dont have....what makes you think you could be the better judge????

jsherrill
jsherrill 07/17/09 - 01:42 am
Judge Sotomayor is showing

Judge Sotomayor is showing her racial prejudice in the quote she gave as well as her decision not to promote the white fireman.

jsherrill
jsherrill 07/17/09 - 01:45 am
If there were a "white

If there were a "white caucus" or a meeting of "white mayors/governors" the NAACP would cry racist. However, it is alright to have "black caucus" as well as black anything else. Who is the racist?

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/17/09 - 01:50 am
jsherrill, whites are the one

jsherrill, whites are the one group that it is politically correct to discriminate against.....we should feel guilty for being born white and give everything we have to those who were not.........

NEone
NEone 07/17/09 - 01:53 am
So you saw the person

So you saw the person stealing the pink tent. Did you get their license number? Call the police? Or just spout in this anonymous forum?

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/17/09 - 02:02 am
after scanning back over last

after scanning back over last nights posts, i would like to point out that yes, sweet tea and troubled1 are one and the same, and i have said this several times, if you didnt get the memo, i am also trouble, i am not ashamed of who i am, and do not feel the need to hide under different screen names like other posters (rain lover) do.

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/17/09 - 02:14 am
oh, and another little tidbit

oh, and another little tidbit of info for those of you obsessed with me, the screen name changes based on which computer i am on at the time.......

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/17/09 - 04:42 am
To the person crying about

To the person crying about Judge Sotomayer... if you knew how the judicial system worked, you'd know that she was following previous precedents. It's up to the appeal courts to rectify any previous bad rulings in other cases.... in the case of the fireman it was done. She did just what any other judge would have done.

Callisto
Callisto 07/17/09 - 04:48 am
TR - In 60% of her appeals

TR - In 60% of her appeals court rulings (including the firefighter issue) the SCOTUS found she did NOT make judgements based on legal precedent and subsequently overturned her decisions. Support her if you like, but at least be accurate and truthful. However, she is probably no worse than the wacko she is replacing.

prolifer
prolifer 07/17/09 - 05:06 am
oh, and another little tidbit

If your screen name changes based on the computer you're on, that make you a coward and a fake. If you keep the same name, your comments are consistent. If you change the name, you post to support you previous comment, which is not needed because those are voices in your head, or you are NOT man/woman enough to stand up to your beliefs. YOU ARE A FAKE!!!

Callisto
Callisto 07/17/09 - 05:10 am
Oh great, now Trouble is PTHS

Oh great, now Trouble is PTHS too.... get a life, pro.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 07/17/09 - 05:16 am
A white man will reach a

A white man will reach a better conclusion than a latina woman AND a white woman will reach a better conclusion than a latina man.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/17/09 - 05:17 am
To the 4th ranter. A justice

To the 4th ranter. A justice is not supposed to bring personal experiences into the courtroom. They are supposed to rule based on the rule of law. If they really did what they are supposed to do then Lady Justice really would be blind instead of peeking over her blindfold.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 06:11 am
The last sentence would be

The last sentence would be correct prolifer. And a joke I might add.
Hey smuggybear, still 'tale-ing' stories about them there sensors?
Good Morning Irish, sweetie, honey, babydoll, you so cute. BTW prolifer I forgot to LMAOOL!!! Yeah T we know about multiple computers, thanks for clearing that up once again. Out loud. Good morning everyone!

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 06:19 am
Oh BTW this mornings posts

Oh BTW this mornings posts are just in response to all, who ever so diplomatically, addressed me last night. And some that did not.:)

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 06:20 am
However I was watching Warren

However I was watching Warren Millers documentaries on radical snow skiing and boarding. Killer footage.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 06:54 am
All dogs DO NOT behave

All dogs DO NOT behave aggressively, in fact most do not. These kinds of dogs need to be put down. Who would want to adopt those animals knowing they mauled a two year old? That is like living in a house where someone was brutally murdered. No thank you. Bad bad karma and energy there.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 06:57 am
Someone had posted a few days

Someone had posted a few days back about dogs going 'mad' when left alone or tied up. I don't know about going 'mad'. But I do know, they become very angry and aggressive. No stimulation from humans other than getting food thrown at them.

xanadu
xanadu 07/17/09 - 07:06 am
this is to the ranter who

this is to the ranter who spoke out against the lady with the dogs and the child biting incident: if the kids mama would have been watching the child, after knowing there are four dogs next door, then none of this would have occurred. this is the same child found out on the road wandering around before this happened with the dogs, if you read the article in the paper. the dog lady had her dogs contained in the backyard, looks like the mama should maybe have taken lessons from her, since her kid wasn't contained. your rant should be against the neglectful mother, not the dog owner.

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/17/09 - 07:09 am
My wife has that remote strat

My wife has that remote strat on her car also. She's gone thru 4 keyfob batteries in 3 years just showing it off to friends.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/17/09 - 07:11 am
What a beautiful hot muggy

What a beautiful hot muggy morning got some people already grumpy?

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 07:23 am
Glenn Beck is an emotional

Glenn Beck is an emotional guy. Ain't nobody gonna dispute that. One minute he's crying because he loves his country, and the next he's suggesting California be kicked out of the Union. Earlier this week, Mr. Beck had a meltdown while "debating" health care with a caller to his radio program.>>>>>Have ya'll listened to this on youtube? What an embarrassment to public TV.>>>To all you Glenn Beck supporters. We were just posting about this moron the other day.

rbk
rbk 07/17/09 - 07:25 am
I am re-posting this comment

I am re-posting this comment in this column, because it was late in the day when I posted it two days ago, and I wanted the early morning readers to know that I was pleased with the hospital.

To the person complaining about University Hospital and grounds looking unkempt. Looks are skin deep! I will be eternally grateful to the staff and nurses @ University for the excellent and compassionate care they gave my late wife and our family during her terminal illness several months ago. I tried twice to get a rave for the hospital printed in this column and apparently the Chronicle editors will only publish rants against the hospital, because my rave was never printed. Never mind, I sent a letter to the hospital thanking and praising them for their kindness and support.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 07:26 am
Aztec. What about children

Aztec. What about children who stick their little fingers through the fence just wanting to pet the 'puppies'. Kids naturally want to pet animals. Dogs like those are not domesticated animals. They do not need to be in any bodies backyard that is connected or adjacent to someone else's yard.

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/17/09 - 07:27 am
How can anyone be grumpy on a

How can anyone be grumpy on a Friday? That is grinchlike, no?

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 07:29 am
rbk. ONCE AGAIN. NO ONE

rbk. ONCE AGAIN. NO ONE that I am aware of EVER disputed the care you get while visiting University Hospital. Do you understand NOW? I think it is wonderful your wife got excellent care.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/17/09 - 07:31 am
Ok, gotta get to work. You

Ok, gotta get to work. You all have a fun filled day.

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/17/09 - 07:36 am
Work is a four letter word,

Work is a four letter word, lol.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/17/09 - 07:40 am
Great cartoon today Rick.

Great cartoon today Rick. Succinct and to the point.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/17/09 - 07:44 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, radiatingtatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *ladyjanegrey, GnipGnop, Lipstick Mama, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag, bellm1965, APiratesLife4Me, Reality and Grasshopper! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!