Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

ALL YOU OBAMA haters thinking that the country is going down, why don't you all just leave before it goes down? I bet you didn't return your stimulus check though. Give that back before you leave.

THIS IS A RANT against the person who said that people are in bankruptcy because they have medical expenses. Most of the bankruptcies are due to people buying things that they can't afford in the first place. The medical expenses are personal decisions. People normally buy cars and boats; they have money to go out drinking and everything else and don't buy insurance as a personal decision. Now Obama wants me to pay for their insurance while they go out drinking and doing everything else.

NEXT TIME I vote for president I'm looking for a serious, boring person. No lawyers and no celebrities. No Palin, Obama or Sanford. Me and my wallet are flat tired of drama. The economy is bad, unemployment terrible. Right now we don't need anyone exciting or glamorous. We need accountants who know how to run calculators and balance the checkbooks.

MANY RAVES to those who keep open minds and think positive. These are the people who will actually get things done.

WHY IS IT that when someone get attacked by a pit bull it is a big story, but when some is attacked by another breed the story reads, "Man attacked by dog," and no breed is mentioned?

A HUGE THANK YOU to the Richmond County sheriff's deputy who rescued my runaway Husky from rush hour traffic on Highland Avenue. Thanks, too, to the man who stopped to help and all the cars that stopped in concern.

I HAVE NEVER lived in a place with as many fat people as Augusta. You never see anyone walking or doing any exercise. People will circle around a parking lot for 20 minutes to get a spot right in front of the door.

ASU HAS DECIDED to hold a graduation ceremony for students who will graduate after the summer semester, starting in 2010. So why is it not also adding a December graduation? How is this fair to the sizable number of students who would graduate in December but instead have to wait until May?

MY FAMILY and I recently visited your beautiful city. Our group included ages 15 to 82. We found your hotels very friendly and helpful. Your restaurants offer a choice of excellent foods. We enjoyed the Riverwalk area several times daily. We will have to return several times to be able to complete the tour of historical venues available. We had a great time. Thank you, Augusta.

Callisto
Callisto 07/16/09 - 01:47 am
To the first ranter - If all

To the first ranter - If all the anti-Obama folks leave, there will be nobody left to work and pay taxes to support your welfare programs. Be careful what you ask for.....

HillGuy
HillGuy 07/16/09 - 01:49 am
Fat people in Augusta?????

Fat people in Augusta????? Really.

HillGuy
HillGuy 07/16/09 - 02:13 am
Must be all that pimento

Must be all that pimento cheese.

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/16/09 - 02:31 am
morning all......ok, to the

morning all......ok, to the first ranter, number 1, callisto is right, no one would be left to pay your bills, and number 2, we got the stimulus check while bush was the president, not obama, if you were not happy with bush, you need to return your check, and leave the money those of us who are unhappy with obama got alone. i would also like to point out that the money for that check came from my paycheck to begin with, so it was my money that was given back to me, why on earth would i return that, and who would i return it to? myself????

Chad
Chad 07/16/09 - 04:45 am
Every year millions of people

Every year millions of people give the goverment an interest free loan, just to be happy to recieve a little of it back at the end of the year and they are happy about it. This country is quicky going to hell in hand basket. The new health care plan will charge small companies that pay 300k in payroll an year an additional 8% for the Goverment health care, Well there went the pay rasies, or that extra body that company could have used. If this plan is so great why won't the senator's and congressman be on the same plan as everybody else are they better? If they pass it they should be on it. America we need to take back the Goverment from the crooks, thieves, and cheats, Fire every incumbent and replace them with new blood.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 07/16/09 - 04:55 am
Hey Nammy! and Tujeez ... Hey

Hey Nammy! and Tujeez ... Hey Sweet Tea ! Everybody have a great Thursday !

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 07/16/09 - 04:59 am
A mugger walks up to a

A mugger walks up to a prestigious congressman and says " Give me all your money $$$" ... The congressman says , "You can't do that, im an important CONGRESSMAN ! " The mugger says, " in that case ! Give me all MY money $$$ "

carcraft
carcraft 07/16/09 - 05:15 am
To all you Obama supporters,

To all you Obama supporters, the Democrates are going to try to ram a health care program most of us don't want down our throats. We will be forced to participate in this program or be fined where does the government get the power in the constitution to force you to buy health care? What happened to freedom of choice you pro abortionn folks talk about so much? What happened to "keep your laws off my body?

NANF
NANF 07/16/09 - 05:36 am
To the family that visited

To the family that visited Augusta. Had your blinders on that day huh? Come on back and see the real Augusta. You will take the first and fastest bus out of town.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/16/09 - 05:57 am
Leave the country? That is

Leave the country? That is what celebrity democrats threatened to do when Bush was elected a second time. Notice none of them left. They didn't even have the guts to stay in Iraq as human shields when they said that is why they were going. Too bad too cuz then we wouldn't have had to listen to their rantings anymore. Democrats want you to live how they say to live but don't want to do it themselves. Take for example Gore and his private jets, limos, energy hog house.

xanadu
xanadu 07/16/09 - 06:08 am
no, here's a better idea for

no, here's a better idea for the first ranter: YOU leave the country, and take your socialistic Democratic buddies with you. and by the way, when you hear folks dare to criticize the current administration in washington, those are NOT whines, they are rational objections, something democrats have a hard time recognizing.

omnomnom
omnomnom 07/16/09 - 06:20 am

thank god for people like the third ranter.. perhaps there is hope for this country after all. Ron Paul 2012 anyone? atclayorb?

Huggybear30909
Huggybear30909 07/16/09 - 06:23 am
to the first ranter I had

to the first ranter I had rather stay and fight to get the white house back to a white house not a damn Muslim Palace. Darn have you gotten a stimulus check under NOBAMA have you. I have not gotten one.

omnomnom
omnomnom 07/16/09 - 06:29 am
huggybear, maybe they're

huggybear, maybe they're talking about that extra 13 George Washington's a week

Huggybear30909
Huggybear30909 07/16/09 - 06:31 am
With this Health care

With this Health care benefit. I love it not only the folks that can not afford it will get fined if they do not have it. The damn idiots are going to fine the drug companies, so they will raise the cost of Meds. So not you get charged to have it, you get fined if you dont, you pay more for you drugs. How the heck is that good for the economy. Duhhhhhhhhhhhh. Democrats must have all thought when God asked who wanted Brains they thought he say rains and ran like hell for shelter.

xanadu
xanadu 07/16/09 - 06:35 am
amen, huggybear!

amen, huggybear!

colcamp1
colcamp1 07/16/09 - 06:38 am
I see that they turned the

I see that they turned the computers on early at the local mental instutions.

snap1089
snap1089 07/16/09 - 06:48 am
good morning all! to #1: I

good morning all!
to #1: I agree with SweetTea, aztecfaith, & Huggybear30909. My words, exactly.
To the 3rd ranter: Thank you. Someone actually understands!!
RocknRoll: nice joke, lol

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/16/09 - 06:58 am
That must be true colcamp,

That must be true colcamp, you usually don't show up until 9:30

xanadu
xanadu 07/16/09 - 07:03 am
and here i thought they were

and here i thought they were letting the prisoners have access to the county jail library's computers now.

mpowel21
mpowel21 07/16/09 - 07:28 am
It is true, I have never seen

It is true, I have never seen as many FAT people as I've seen in Augusta. Teens walking around with fat hanging over their tight fitting shorts and rolls of fat all over their bodies, while eating a bag of chips and sucking down a big gulp. People are lazy. I walk to most places I'm going, less than a mile or two, I take the stairs instead of the elevator, and instead of sitting in front of the tv, I get outside and play with the dogs, etc. Guess that's why I'm still at 155lbs and 45 yo. It is disgusting to see a 10 yo at the beach that weighs more than I do. Parents need to start parenting again.

jacobwriggsly
jacobwriggsly 07/16/09 - 07:30 am
You must be happy you can use

You must be happy you can use one of those so early colcamp.

2tired2argueanymore
2tired2argueanymore 07/16/09 - 07:30 am
That just goes to show how

That just goes to show how informed the Obama supporters are to think they got a stimulus check. That is unless they are one of the non-taxpaying supporters.

pah4r
pah4r 07/16/09 - 07:39 am
1st rant. One does not have

1st rant. One does not have to be an Obama hater to know that the loons are in charge with the most craziest of all leading the circus and that if we do not wake up and banish these fools to obscurity the sane people will have nothing. We need to restore a sense of sanity to our world before we all perish in a flame of ruination fueled by the loons in DC.

Boston93
Boston93 07/16/09 - 07:44 am
To the first ranter on Obama

To the first ranter on Obama and us leaving because we don't like him. It's not him, it's his actions. He's probably a good person, but with bad thoughts and ideas. People are leaving because of Prezbho and have been since January. Look at unemployment. They are not leaving the USA, just their jobs since Prezbho has taken control of businesses.

Boston93
Boston93 07/16/09 - 07:57 am
I grant you that if or when

I grant you that if or when Prezbho gets the Healthcare Program passed (hopefully not) Congress and Politicians in America will not be included just like they are not included in Social Security. It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that when he starts lowering insurance rates and medical services the campaigning against our present Insurance Companies will most likely lose some of the present insured they have. Then the Insurance Companies will start laying off workers and eventually everyone will be under Prezbho's wishes. Will Congress vote for cheaper insurance and medical coverage? I don't think so. Double standards in Prezbho's plan. Will Prebho switch to his own program ? How much you want to bet ? Wake up America and protest all these actions designed to hurt you.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/16/09 - 08:04 am
I don't know if people are

I don't know if people are going to leave, but you can bet their money is headed toward foreign investment faster than you can say "spread the wealth".

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/16/09 - 08:29 am
ALL YOU OBAMA haters thinking

ALL YOU OBAMA haters thinking that the country is going down......You ignoramus stop listening to the medias spin and look at the facts. Obama's Economic Models are failing. Hey you ignorant sheeple can't you read a pie chart. Study what GDP means and read the GDP Pie Chart. The Government is hogging more and more of the pie. Which, will leave less for pie for us! Get it??? I told you this world is in trouble when the likes of Glenn Beck and Mike Savage start making sense.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/16/09 - 08:31 am
RANT TO THE disgusting gas

RANT TO THE disgusting gas hog who left an Excursion parked and running at Best Buy Saturday while shopping. You're lucky I didn't key it and slash the tires. Go buy some carbon credits! You socialistic POS!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/16/09 - 08:33 am
......People will circle

......People will circle around a parking lot for 20 minutes to get a spot right in front of the door.... No its the blinker guy who freakin' jams up the whole parking lot. Probably the person complaining about the Expedition!