Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE RICHMOND COUNTY sheriff's department and the officer who wrote me a ticket: How in the world could you possibly give me a ticket for improper lane change when someone pulled from the opposite of the road and hit my car, causing it to flip and slide across three lanes? I could have been killed, and you didn't even take time to ask me what happened, just left the ticket sitting in the emergency room while I was gone for a CT.

RANTS TO OUR commissioners for not having the ability to maintain an up-to-date county code. Is it so-o-o-o hard to keep it current and accurate, or are words just not their forte?

WITH THE COMMON sense that Mark Sanford seems to be handling his personal life, no one is going to be surprised if girlfriend and wife both leave him.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN a supporter of Mark Sanford, but the right thing he can do is step down. Do your state a favor; go like a man, not like a coward. Hit the curb before the wife puts you there.

MAYBE SINCE Mark Sanford can stray to his "soul mate" while doing his job, then maybe he could just move to Argentina and still be governor. Would South Carolina notice his absence? If not, then maybe he should be replaced.

MARK SANFORD should be left alone. He exemplifies all that the Republican Party has strived to be.

I DO NOT LIKE the new format of the paper online.

I WAS IN WAL-MART on Deans Bridge Road when I was approached by a group of youths who offered to help purchase my groceries. I was in disbelief when I was then handed several bills rolled together. I cried in the store. I felt very uplifted. It's good to know that there are people who want to help others and don't expect anything in return. God does answer prayers.

I'D LIKE TO RANT. Columbia County has changed Old Belair Road to 35, and it was 45 mph for years. The cops are sitting there like an alligator waiting on a sitting duck. I'm from out of town and came through. And guess what: The alligator got my duck. It's just crazy.

MICHAEL JACKSON inspired a generation with his artistic skill, poetry and creativity. He was a humanitarian whose contributions will live on. God bless him and his family.

WHY IS IT the less than 20 percent of the population is involved in more than 80 percent of the crimes and most are repeat offenders? That leads me to believe that taxpayers like myself are funding their crimes with state and federal monies.

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/07/09 - 02:01 pm
say it all you want van, but

say it all you want van, but it dont make it true, everyone knows that i am in fact the one and only pths

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 02:02 pm
I will give some Credit to

I will give some Credit to Mr.Williston though he is not the scholar he proclaims to be. Anyhow. Mr. Willi does put some research in his post and at least tries to make them legitimate.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 02:03 pm
Well Sweet T, she's the queen

Well Sweet T, she's the queen of trash, that's for sure. Isn't it time for today's episode of Defending Miss Daisy?

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/07/09 - 02:06 pm
rcr, check your

rcr, check your e-mail...............

Troubled1
Troubled1 07/07/09 - 02:07 pm
if he dont check it soon, she

if he dont check it soon, she is gonna run and hide.....

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 02:19 pm
I'm PTHS and I'm 6 months

I'm PTHS and I'm 6 months pregnant! Suckers....lol!

RingoHisself
RingoHisself 07/07/09 - 02:25 pm
Lippy+2 - Are you trying to

Lippy+2 - Are you trying to imply that PTHS has screwed himself a few times over the years and one finally took? It's certainly possible .... LOL

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 02:29 pm
Two took actually. LOL

Two took actually. LOL

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 02:30 pm
This MJ Memorial was quite

This MJ Memorial was quite beautiful until Al Charleton opened his mouth.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 02:36 pm
That would ruin anything.

That would ruin anything.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 02:44 pm
The Reverends only rear their

The Reverends only rear their ugly heads when money is involved I wonder what their love offering will be?

sayitaintso_bo
sayitaintso_bo 07/07/09 - 02:47 pm
Looks as if rose took her

Looks as if rose took her marbles and went home. Guess she will stay gone until rcr gets through salivating in front of the tv while he worships mj, as, and jj!

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 02:51 pm
John , Brooke & Jermaine have

John , Brooke & Jermaine have got it back on track.

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 02:59 pm
Rose found her marbles?

Rose found her marbles? That's great news! I thought she'd lost them!!! LOL

RingoHisself
RingoHisself 07/07/09 - 03:07 pm
Prolly had to follow Rambo

Prolly had to follow Rambo around for a week to get them back, he probably mistook them for cute little frozen mice snacks.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/07/09 - 03:17 pm
I'm selling my marbles in a

I'm selling my marbles in a yard sale. I suppose I shouldn't. Could use all my marbles in this day and age.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 03:21 pm
I need 2 solid green ones,

I need 2 solid green ones, not the cat's eyes. My chainsaw carved frog has lost his eyes.

RingoHisself
RingoHisself 07/07/09 - 03:21 pm
What had you awake posting

What had you awake posting all night long, baroness? Is there a "Crisis du Jour" story in there somewhere? The online scanner feed is down, so I don't know what happened last night down thataway

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 03:23 pm
Suppose she has to tie a dead

Suppose she has to tie a dead mouse round her neck to get Rambo to play with her? You know, just like she had to do with the kids?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 07/07/09 - 03:32 pm
~~this comment self deleted~~

~~this comment self deleted~~ in a rare exhibition of good taste

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/07/09 - 03:35 pm
Ringo the neighbor's dogs

Ringo the neighbor's dogs were barking loud enough to wake the dead, so I dragged myself upstairs to look out the window and this big shiny black pickup truck was rolling unusually quietly by from the usual "quiet meeting spot" up the hill. I guess that's what they were barking about. Probably either a drug deal or just some youngsters "sparking". The dogs don't like it when people park up there. After that, I was rattled enough that I thought I'd get online, had been too busy daytime to do much online. Sometimes getting online is actually relaxing, surprisingly.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/07/09 - 03:36 pm
Speaking of computer

Speaking of computer availability, son needs it for a bit, see ya'll later.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 03:45 pm
The MJ Memorial was a

The MJ Memorial was a beautiful.tasteful remembrance of a great entertainer. RIP Mike.

augnewsgirl09
augnewsgirl09 07/07/09 - 04:13 pm
I cried when his daughter

I cried when his daughter spoke. That was truly heartbreaking.

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 04:29 pm
It's about time we follow the

It's about time we follow the example of Iran and take to the streets. The 33rd Czar was appointed today. No vote on this person, no investigation into his/her qualifications, all of a sudden a new office with staff and all the amenities is created to pay back political cronies. Government take over is running rampant. This from the man who said this would be an open and transparent administration ? There is another Czar in the works for food. We now have government in our homes ladies and gentlemen. Course for the mendicants out there it's nothing new. p.s. I am not pths

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 04:34 pm
Since I was called daisy, and

Since I was called daisy, and I was called by my real name, how is Paschall? I bet he is sitting on his couch drinking his can of bud, grinning like a possum.

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 04:36 pm
Now I am going to get back to

Now I am going to get back to better things now. bye

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 04:42 pm
Roses real name is Daisy Lee

Roses real name is Daisy Lee ?

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 04:43 pm
I got to stop working. You

I got to stop working. You guys have entirely too much fun while I'm gone......

inkpup
inkpup 07/07/09 - 04:59 pm
A former Guantanamo Bay

A former Guantanamo Bay inmate is leading the fight against U.S. Marines in the Helmand province of Afghanistan, a senior U.S. defense official confirmed to FOX News on Tuesday.
I hope they kill him deader than Michael Jackson.

Former Augusta VA director paid $76,000 to retire after death investigation launched

Under the terms of the contract, Rebecca Wiley agreed to dismiss any allegations against the VA of wrongful or unlawful conduct on the condition the agency pays her $76,006 to retire, restores 238 ...