Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE RICHMOND COUNTY sheriff's department and the officer who wrote me a ticket: How in the world could you possibly give me a ticket for improper lane change when someone pulled from the opposite of the road and hit my car, causing it to flip and slide across three lanes? I could have been killed, and you didn't even take time to ask me what happened, just left the ticket sitting in the emergency room while I was gone for a CT.

RANTS TO OUR commissioners for not having the ability to maintain an up-to-date county code. Is it so-o-o-o hard to keep it current and accurate, or are words just not their forte?

WITH THE COMMON sense that Mark Sanford seems to be handling his personal life, no one is going to be surprised if girlfriend and wife both leave him.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN a supporter of Mark Sanford, but the right thing he can do is step down. Do your state a favor; go like a man, not like a coward. Hit the curb before the wife puts you there.

MAYBE SINCE Mark Sanford can stray to his "soul mate" while doing his job, then maybe he could just move to Argentina and still be governor. Would South Carolina notice his absence? If not, then maybe he should be replaced.

MARK SANFORD should be left alone. He exemplifies all that the Republican Party has strived to be.

I DO NOT LIKE the new format of the paper online.

I WAS IN WAL-MART on Deans Bridge Road when I was approached by a group of youths who offered to help purchase my groceries. I was in disbelief when I was then handed several bills rolled together. I cried in the store. I felt very uplifted. It's good to know that there are people who want to help others and don't expect anything in return. God does answer prayers.

I'D LIKE TO RANT. Columbia County has changed Old Belair Road to 35, and it was 45 mph for years. The cops are sitting there like an alligator waiting on a sitting duck. I'm from out of town and came through. And guess what: The alligator got my duck. It's just crazy.

MICHAEL JACKSON inspired a generation with his artistic skill, poetry and creativity. He was a humanitarian whose contributions will live on. God bless him and his family.

WHY IS IT the less than 20 percent of the population is involved in more than 80 percent of the crimes and most are repeat offenders? That leads me to believe that taxpayers like myself are funding their crimes with state and federal monies.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:31 am
Lippy, it's called "Democrat

Lippy, it's called "Democrat Math". You know, one election means 8 year term, false voter registration means real votes, the American people have spoken means we won get over it. What do you expect from people who cannot form coherent thought or balance a checkbook?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/07/09 - 10:33 am
Look at IL that is $11.6

Look at IL that is $11.6 BILLION in debt and prezbho helped with that debt. Now he wants to put the country in the same shape. When will people wake up and realize what is happening to OUR great country?

Georgiais1
Georgiais1 07/07/09 - 10:34 am
Yea MJ was innocent...How

Yea MJ was innocent...How many people you know that pays off $20,000,000.00 to plead innocent....More numbscull thugs on here today than ever, I see.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/07/09 - 10:35 am
rip m.j.

rip m.j.

Jillian
Jillian 07/07/09 - 10:36 am
I don't know which is

I don't know which is worse...a lying, cheating, sorry excuse of a man like Sanford, or a stupid woman who tolerates such abuse and disrespect. BOTH of them need to be shipped over to Iraq and help the political situation there. They are an embarrassment here.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:38 am
MSN is reporting MJ's casket

MSN is reporting MJ's casket will indeed be at the Staples Center but will remain closed. Wonder how many little boys will be inside?

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:40 am
Y'all need to ease off

Y'all need to ease off Jack6969: he's just another smooth brained AC click generator, see also Rose, RCR, Jackfruitqueer.

chattie888
chattie888 07/07/09 - 10:43 am
well if you say acorn

well if you say acorn registered several thousand non-existant voters i say our president won by millions.the voters have spoken in a big way.they did not leave any room for a bunch of corrupt judges to interfere in this election as happened in 2000.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:44 am
hattie888, why don't you

hattie888, why don't you continue to spew your racial hate, as you did yesterday? What don't you change your name to Achattieblackpanther?
Posted by Grasshopper on Tue Jul 7, 2009 11:10 AM You must remember that racial hate is allowed on this site, as long as it comes from blacks.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:46 am
I don't know which is

I don't know which is worse...a lying, cheating, sorry excuse of a man like Clinton, or a stupid woman like Hillary who tolerates such abuse and disrespect. BOTH of them need to be shipped over to Iraq and help the political situation there. They are an embarrassment here.
Posted by Jillian on Tue Jul 7, 2009 11:36 AM

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:48 am
Don't count on that Jack,

Don't count on that Jack, there are elections between those 8 yrs and the ground swell seems to be mounting against the left as people realize they made a mistake....time will tell...don't count your chickens yet. Duh HELLO
Posted by Irish on Tue Jul 7, 2009 11:13 AM Of course they're counting chickens, Irish. Most farm animals are Democrats and they're registered voters too!

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:53 am
jack#'s - do you wear velcro

jack#'s - do you wear velcro shoes? Because I can't imagine anyone with your IQ actually learning how to tie shoelaces....
Posted by Lipstick_Mama on Tue Jul 7, 2009 10:48 AM Lippy, his velcro is obviously on top of his head... helps keep him upright while driving.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/07/09 - 11:01 am
Look at the vote in Minnesota

Look at the vote in Minnesota where Franken was fraudulently elected. I bet all those people that had their absentee ballots thrown out aren't happy about the way that election was stolen. Dim in charge and wouldn't count the absentee ballots. That shows just how crooked the dims really are.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 11:06 am
What do you call a DEM who

What do you call a DEM who isn't crooked? RCR calls them "Tom".

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 11:09 am
Why do Oblahblah supporters

Why do Oblahblah supporters seem unconcerned about the energy bill being driven through Congress? Because they don't have to pay their own utility bills anyway.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 11:12 am
Seems the woman selected by

Seems the woman selected by Obarrassment to "oversee" the new energy laws has been sued and found guilty violations of law than any other of his appointees. She's made $6.6 million dollars since 2001 heading up companies that have been investigated and fined most heavily by the Gubmint. Just another example of the "fine leadership" that gravitates to the liar-in chief.

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 11:37 am
newtosisajoke - Jack#'s mom

newtosisajoke - Jack#'s mom actually put velcro on his bedroom ceiling to keep him from jumping on his bed. (lmao)

chattie888
chattie888 07/07/09 - 11:41 am
these publicans could watch

these publicans could watch prez obama and learn alot but they are so bitter they probably won't.its sad to be losers and have to live with it for the next 40 years.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 11:54 am
This is especially for jack#.

This is especially for jack#. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3YPnTwdeto. I hope you can understand the math. Be glad you own houses and not bonds. But then, HE could come after your houses down the line.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 07/07/09 - 11:56 am
queenie@9:22 I offer you the

queenie@9:22 I offer you the aame advice you gave the wizz--if you weren't there and know for a fact that children who claimed to have been molested were coached on how to testify; sit this one out.

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 12:01 pm
I'm just wondering if the

I'm just wondering if the Raver who received a "rolled up ball of bills" from "a group of youths" in the Deans Bridge WM enjoyed purchasing his/her groceries with drug money?
Posted by Lipstick_Mama So you believe all youth who have $ are drug dealers? Who taught you that?I have seen youth who had money and worked for every penny. I also saw a young man pay for an old lady's groceries with cash, and he happened to be in the military, but was in plain clothes. You have problems.

Just_Me1
Just_Me1 07/07/09 - 12:03 pm
I don’t care if Obama is

I don’t care if Obama is black, white, albino, checkered, tie-dyed, Democrat, Republican, Socialist, Communist, or whatever, he is an idiot only concerned with sustaining the existence of America for the near future – aka his term in office. He has our country on the lines of total destruction by the time he’s up for reelection.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 12:06 pm
It's interesting that much of

It's interesting that much of the "stimulus" money starts flowing next year in time for the elections. They surely know how to buy those votes.

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 12:08 pm
jack234 HELLO HELLO HELLO.

jack234 HELLO HELLO HELLO. you have me laughing today. Your comments should make everyone smile. hahaha

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 07/07/09 - 12:09 pm
jerk234--If you think things

jerk234--If you think things don't tun around in politics look at where Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama stood three years ago. hellno, hellno, hellno.

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 12:14 pm
Rose, get a clue. If a young

Rose, get a clue. If a young man or woman wanted to pay for someone's groceries, they'd do so in line. They wouldn't walk up in a pack and hand over a roll of bills. I'm sure they worked hard for that money too. Selling drugs and stealing is hard work, right?

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 12:19 pm
lipstick you don't know that.

lipstick you don't know that. Also where does the rave say she was not in line at Walmart when the youths gave her the money?

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 12:21 pm
You people always look for

You people always look for the bad and never the good. Pathetic negative loud mouth complainers.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 12:21 pm
No Rosie. It's your comments

No Rosie. It's your comments that make us all laugh. Just as they make us all grateful that you and people of your intelligence level can only vote once (ACORN NOTWITHSTANDING). What is truly scary is that you drive *SHUDDERS*.

KSL