Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE RICHMOND COUNTY sheriff's department and the officer who wrote me a ticket: How in the world could you possibly give me a ticket for improper lane change when someone pulled from the opposite of the road and hit my car, causing it to flip and slide across three lanes? I could have been killed, and you didn't even take time to ask me what happened, just left the ticket sitting in the emergency room while I was gone for a CT.

RANTS TO OUR commissioners for not having the ability to maintain an up-to-date county code. Is it so-o-o-o hard to keep it current and accurate, or are words just not their forte?

WITH THE COMMON sense that Mark Sanford seems to be handling his personal life, no one is going to be surprised if girlfriend and wife both leave him.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN a supporter of Mark Sanford, but the right thing he can do is step down. Do your state a favor; go like a man, not like a coward. Hit the curb before the wife puts you there.

MAYBE SINCE Mark Sanford can stray to his "soul mate" while doing his job, then maybe he could just move to Argentina and still be governor. Would South Carolina notice his absence? If not, then maybe he should be replaced.

MARK SANFORD should be left alone. He exemplifies all that the Republican Party has strived to be.

I DO NOT LIKE the new format of the paper online.

I WAS IN WAL-MART on Deans Bridge Road when I was approached by a group of youths who offered to help purchase my groceries. I was in disbelief when I was then handed several bills rolled together. I cried in the store. I felt very uplifted. It's good to know that there are people who want to help others and don't expect anything in return. God does answer prayers.

I'D LIKE TO RANT. Columbia County has changed Old Belair Road to 35, and it was 45 mph for years. The cops are sitting there like an alligator waiting on a sitting duck. I'm from out of town and came through. And guess what: The alligator got my duck. It's just crazy.

MICHAEL JACKSON inspired a generation with his artistic skill, poetry and creativity. He was a humanitarian whose contributions will live on. God bless him and his family.

WHY IS IT the less than 20 percent of the population is involved in more than 80 percent of the crimes and most are repeat offenders? That leads me to believe that taxpayers like myself are funding their crimes with state and federal monies.

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/09 - 09:51 pm
Hey, grasshopper, when

Hey, grasshopper, when California cuts all their social services, where do you think all the illegals are going to go? To the other 49 states, that's where.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 09:56 pm
CA is dead they won't even

CA is dead they won't even have the funds for legals in a few months. I aint crazy people, but IOUs don't pay....... Sorry CA is gone to a third world state, because of the very same laws that is being passed by congress and approved by the IDIOT BARRY. I ain't scared I am a country boy. I know how to can peas etc..., raise poultry, farm, it has been in my family for generations. What those city people gonna eat?

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:00 pm
Over 30 million people are

Over 30 million people are supported by food stamps! How many depend on SS and SSI? We are expecting 12% unemployment. Crime is up at 10%. Oh you ignorant people can't read the writing on the wall. By this time next year half of us will not be able to afford the internet.

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/09 - 10:00 pm
My sister works for a large

My sister works for a large California county, she administers their money. She said they are just waiting to be cut off at the knees. It's going to be bad, the illegals are going to leave like lemmings. Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon are going to be hit very hard.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:01 pm
I can run people off the

I can run people off the boards,cause I will scare the hell out of you with facts.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:02 pm
AZ is dead in the water. So

AZ is dead in the water. So is Atlanta.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:04 pm
Corgi no one ever thought

Corgi no one ever thought Charlotte would bust. It did. What is Charlotte's unemployment now. What Is Charlotte going to do with all the illegals. Y'all have a bunch of them.

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/09 - 10:05 pm
Grasshopper, isn't it

Grasshopper, isn't it interesting that you don't hear this being discussed anywhere? Because it's definitely coming. And wait until the other states get hit by the waves of illegals.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:07 pm
Last statistics I heard

Last statistics I heard Charlotte had a 20% un-occupancy rate for apartments and commercial. That is scary. Way over built. How people and companies going to float those cost?

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:10 pm
I know because, I am in the

I know because, I am in the Construction business. When the biggest land holder in Raleigh, and one of the biggest in Charlotte is in trouble its not a pretty site. I would say that 10% of the metro area of Charlotte is illegal.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:12 pm
Give the illegal-in-chief a

Give the illegal-in-chief a chance: he'll give them all amnesty,40 acres & a mule.The price? 1 vote.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:13 pm
The unemployment rate does

The unemployment rate does not include illegals! They need food and shelter. I wouldn't be hanging the West end of South BLVD.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/07/09 - 10:13 pm
Grasshopper,you don't live in

Grasshopper,you don't live in my neighborhood.Get some help dude.Or just go back to the Jim Crow years, where you belong.

Rose
Rose 07/07/09 - 10:16 pm
RCR I think this board has a

RCR I think this board has a lot of escapees from a mental ward. haha. Good night.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:19 pm
RCR FYI I love all people! I

RCR FYI I love all people! I am not a racist like you.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:24 pm
RCR I have herd enough of

RCR I have herd enough of your anti American Jeremiah Wright HATE speech for a life time

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/09 - 10:25 pm
Charlotte is in terrible

Charlotte is in terrible shape. You can't hardly give a house away in Charlotte. And yes, it is way over-built. The high rise condos are going for 1/3 to 1/2 their original prices, and many building developers of them are converting their unused units into rental property. There goes the condo insurance rates, and good luck on selling a condo with 50% rental rates, you know? And Grasshopper, most of the illegals have left- no jobs.

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:26 pm
It's a no lose scenario for

It's a no lose scenario for Obowow in2012: either his policies will not prevent a recovery or we'll be in such chaos he'll declare martial law and suspend elections as well as any rights we might still possess. Either way, things are not looking rosy for the self reliant or ambitious American. The future looks promising for the lazy,stupid & shiftless.

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/09 - 10:28 pm
And Grasshopper, you aren't

And Grasshopper, you aren't kidding about the west end of South Blvd. It's true.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:31 pm
newtosisajoke on Tue Jul 7,

newtosisajoke on Tue Jul 7, 2009 10:26 PM I disagree they will end up killing each other! America is in for a rude awakening. The media tries to spin it, but why all the body bags and concentration camps. If people get IOU's for EBT cards what will happen? 30+ million will starve. Katrina all over again!

candowritethanyou
candowritethanyou 07/07/09 - 10:31 pm
Aw cmon Rosie: call him Buck

Aw cmon Rosie: call him Buck like you do in your steamy emails.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/07/09 - 10:31 pm
Grasshopper, you have a funny

Grasshopper, you have a funny way of showing it. What about Rush and Sean Hannity, they aren't any better.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 10:35 pm
Rose, you and RCR can cozy up

Rose, you and RCR can cozy up together, but I did notice he was too busy to be there for you this afternoon.Maybe you might want to check out each others schedules before you come on to harass others. I'm no longer going to be nice to you. You've crossed the line.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:37 pm
RCR I don't like Hanity.

RCR I don't like Hanity. Rush is a republican. I am a Constitutionalists. I believe in freedom. If people don't want to work then let them starve. Except for the elderly and the young. It used to be, families would stick together, help each other out. Now it's everyone for themselves, I am glad I was raised on family values. Not Government Values. It is what the American pop culture deserves.

Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 10:41 pm
RCR you don't know me or my

RCR you don't know me or my kind. You are from the city. I am friends with the like minded both black and white. We get along, even if we have political differences. You are a black separatist, you spew your hate for whites. I spew my dislike for the lazy and criminal elements.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 10:42 pm
According to Rose, Alfred

According to Rose, Alfred despises me. Could have fooled me the last time I saw him. But whatever. He's been told to despise me. Grasshopper, you are wasting your time trying to explain that to RCR. I know. I've been there for almost 3 years. If you aren't black or Rose, he's not buying into it.

KSL
KSL 07/07/09 - 10:44 pm
Grass, my post was written

Grass, my post was written while you were posting your last. I see that you understand what I was trying to say.