Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE RICHMOND COUNTY sheriff's department and the officer who wrote me a ticket: How in the world could you possibly give me a ticket for improper lane change when someone pulled from the opposite of the road and hit my car, causing it to flip and slide across three lanes? I could have been killed, and you didn't even take time to ask me what happened, just left the ticket sitting in the emergency room while I was gone for a CT.

RANTS TO OUR commissioners for not having the ability to maintain an up-to-date county code. Is it so-o-o-o hard to keep it current and accurate, or are words just not their forte?

WITH THE COMMON sense that Mark Sanford seems to be handling his personal life, no one is going to be surprised if girlfriend and wife both leave him.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN a supporter of Mark Sanford, but the right thing he can do is step down. Do your state a favor; go like a man, not like a coward. Hit the curb before the wife puts you there.

MAYBE SINCE Mark Sanford can stray to his "soul mate" while doing his job, then maybe he could just move to Argentina and still be governor. Would South Carolina notice his absence? If not, then maybe he should be replaced.

MARK SANFORD should be left alone. He exemplifies all that the Republican Party has strived to be.

I DO NOT LIKE the new format of the paper online.

I WAS IN WAL-MART on Deans Bridge Road when I was approached by a group of youths who offered to help purchase my groceries. I was in disbelief when I was then handed several bills rolled together. I cried in the store. I felt very uplifted. It's good to know that there are people who want to help others and don't expect anything in return. God does answer prayers.

I'D LIKE TO RANT. Columbia County has changed Old Belair Road to 35, and it was 45 mph for years. The cops are sitting there like an alligator waiting on a sitting duck. I'm from out of town and came through. And guess what: The alligator got my duck. It's just crazy.

MICHAEL JACKSON inspired a generation with his artistic skill, poetry and creativity. He was a humanitarian whose contributions will live on. God bless him and his family.

WHY IS IT the less than 20 percent of the population is involved in more than 80 percent of the crimes and most are repeat offenders? That leads me to believe that taxpayers like myself are funding their crimes with state and federal monies.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 07/07/09 - 09:58 am
Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj

Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj

chattie888
chattie888 07/07/09 - 10:01 am
good morning to all,its great

good morning to all,its great to see the debate rage on and no michael jackson was not guilty of anything and yes sarah palin is just another know nothing republican idiot.she is not even qualified to be the head dog catcher in wasilla.the republicans are a bunch of sore losers so get over it.

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 10:06 am
I'm just wondering if the

I'm just wondering if the Raver who received a "rolled up ball of bills" from "a group of youths" in the Deans Bridge WM enjoyed purchasing his/her groceries with drug money?

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 10:18 am
The dems are afraid Sarah

The dems are afraid Sarah will reunite the republican base. Chattie as always you're starting off brilliant. I can only imagine as the day goes on you will continue your intelligent bantor. I'm off to the races for a while if you want to watch.....By the way Putin handed Casper Milktoast his rump at yesterdays meeting....

MS_ALEXIS
MS_ALEXIS 07/07/09 - 10:21 am
To all that idolize MJ ya'll

To all that idolize MJ ya'll are going to hell. He was nothing to idolize. His music was great and his antics with his children and health are something else. The man made a name for himself but that was it. While everybody is idolizing him and worrying about his memorial across the country i'll be here in my right mind worrying about the criminals and other things that are going to be still going on even though that man is dead. Billy Mayes is dead but you don't see everybody buying oxi clean. Get over MJ, the true definition of a child molester who got lucky with money, the fool who could never grow up.

jack234
jack234 07/07/09 - 10:36 am
The difference between the

The difference between the rep and democrats: The dem want a leader with a brain not a one-liner. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! Ellie mae did a better job when she was on the Beverly Hillbillies. HELLO! HELLO! Holy cow Jethro. HELLO! HELLO!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/07/09 - 10:40 am
And that from a one line

And that from a one line brain! Hello Hello!

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 10:41 am
jack#'s...by your definition

jack#'s...by your definition - the Dem's must be really disappointed with Obama.

jack234
jack234 07/07/09 - 10:42 am
I don't understand people

I don't understand people being envious of Mr. Michael Jackson. HELLO! HELLO! Some are never satisfied. He made himself great and made a good living. If he had an ebt card, you would complain. Just leave the country if you are never satisfied. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! Then, who cares if you are satisfied or not, I don't. The liberals are in charge for 8 years. Be frustrated if you must. I'm enjoying every minute of it. again, PT and the rest of the gang in the home - HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 07/07/09 - 10:45 am
I know where Mr. President

I know where Mr. President Obama attended school and I know what he achieved while there - then the American dream. Rep. belief: work hard a achieved. Well, he did that, what else do you want? I'm proud of you with your GED. Now, you can go for your masters GED. Hang in there, you can do it too. HELLO! HELLO!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/07/09 - 10:46 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *ladyjanegrey, GnipGnop, Lipstick Mama, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag, bellm1965, APiratesLife4Me, Reality and Grasshopper! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 10:47 am
You must be very dissapointed

You must be very dissapointed in O'bama Jack. Leader with a brain. You mean like Joe Biden, lying Nanci Pelosi, hanging on to bills coat tails Hillary, Or lets not forget stand up comedian Al Frankin. Can you and Chattie compare your accomplishments to that of Sarah Palin. I think not. Your sophomoric ranting is proof of the level of mindless minions in the dem party. It's a shame the non productive members of society have such a strong voice in the lefts agenda. Forty acres and a mule. You just stand there with your hand out. When O's policies drag the producers down. Guess what. The non producers no longer benefit from our generosity and charitable deeds. HELLO HELLO...duh you know

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 10:48 am
jack#'s - do you wear velcro

jack#'s - do you wear velcro shoes? Because I can't imagine anyone with your IQ actually learning how to tie shoelaces....

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 10:56 am
Oh and good morning to you

Oh and good morning to you too Tujeez!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/07/09 - 10:59 am
With the policies of prezbho

With the policies of prezbho going to take effect, employers will be letting employees go, not hiring more and possibly closing because they will be saddled with the new increase in minimum wage, paying insurance (incl higher premiums paid by employers), and paying higher taxes. How do the blind and gullible dims think that is going to help them and our GREAT country? When will reason start to take hold? Giving up our security and destroying our economy isn't going to help anyone. Start paying attention, people.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 11:00 am
Since, we are hurling insults

Since, we are hurling insults at political figures. Has anyone noticed, when Joe Biden walks, he looks like a drunk man trying to walk straight?

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 11:02 am
China and India are the

China and India are the worlds biggest polluters according to the EPA but they are exempt from cap and trade. They also suggest that the US pay the bulk of the cost . By the way Jack Ellie Mae makes you and chattie look like Jethro.......

chattie888
chattie888 07/07/09 - 11:04 am
its so sad to see irish so

its so sad to see irish so bitter over the election results and to have the american people speak out on the travesty thats held america in its grip these past eight years.there was no doubt in these election results.we didn't need any judges to interfere with the poll results this time around and the republicans can't get over it.how sad for them.

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 11:09 am
Poor chattie, once again you

Poor chattie, once again you shine through. Bitter , you guys sound angrier than any one I know. If it's so great why do you continue to find unfactual things to post. I believe you , Jack, and Rose should form a mutual admiration society. By the way Acorn registered several thousand non existant voters so I guess you're right about not needing Judges to decide.....

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 11:10 am
W00t

W00t

mgroothand
mgroothand 07/07/09 - 11:10 am
Whenever I see HELLO, HELLO

Whenever I see HELLO, HELLO (in caps no less) I skip the entire comment. How irritating, then that's what he wants it to be. Imagine someone posting just to irritate,,,,,???

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 07/07/09 - 11:10 am
hattie888, why don't you

hattie888, why don't you continue to spew your racial hate, as you did yesterday? What don't you change your name to Achattieblackpanther?

jack234
jack234 07/07/09 - 11:11 am
The dem are in charge for 8

The dem are in charge for 8 long years and we are so proud of what we have now. Get over it, you'll feel a lot better. HELLO! HELLO!

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 11:13 am
Don't count on that Jack,

Don't count on that Jack, there are elections between those 8 yrs and the ground swell seems to be mounting against the left as people realize they made a mistake....time will tell...don't count your chickens yet. Duh HELLO

jack234
jack234 07/07/09 - 11:16 am
Not only are we counting the

Not only are we counting the chickens but we are also counting the voters. We'll be rolling out the Obama train pretty soon coming to your neighborhood. Have your ticket in hand. TOOT! TOOT! HELLO! HELLO!

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 07/07/09 - 11:17 am
To the ranter that got a

To the ranter that got a ticket on Old Belair.......Can you read the speed limit sign??? If you are from out of town how do you know the limit was 45 for years? Pay your fine--slow down--and shut up.

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 11:17 am
Jethro, you really are in

Jethro, you really are in denial aren't you ....Duh Hello

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 11:18 am
The only sad thing I see is

The only sad thing I see is how ignorant some people seem to be. Republicans, Conservatives, and some Democrats are not upset with the election results. We are upset with the direction Obama is taking this country! Unemployment and the National debt is growing, stimulus money is shrinking, his health care reform is unbelievable, and all Obama wants to do is schmooze with leaders from other countries who think he's a joke! Chattie, you seriously need to quit reading TMZ and listening to David Letterman for your news.

Irish
Irish 07/07/09 - 11:20 am
California was a proving

California was a proving ground for the policies this administration is trying to implement and we see how well that turned out.

Lipstick_Mama
Lipstick_Mama 07/07/09 - 11:27 am
jack#'s - by counting voters

jack#'s - by counting voters do you mean the ACORN registered Democrats like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck?

Ex-Augusta VA director paid $76k, retired

Under the terms of the contract, Rebecca Wiley agreed to dismiss any allegations against the VA of wrongful or unlawful conduct on the condition the agency pays her $76,006 to retire, restores 238 ...