Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for the commissioner who suggested we let everyone use and pay private trash haulers. Responsible people will pay, but irresponsible people will go back to dumping their trash by the roadside. Our service is excellent as is, so leave it alone. I know of some cities that charge more than we pay, and that's only for basic service. We have a good system, and to change it would be a disservice to the people of Augusta.

THIS IS A REQUEST to The Augusta Chronicle. Will you please investigate why there is no security at the Augusta Mall? Once again, a lady was pushed down by a group of young men wearing their pants down around their knees. There has to be some reason why there is no security at the mall.

RANT FOR THE ILLITERATE morons around Augusta Mall with their pants down. I have lived now for 72 years, and I have never imagined that humanity could degenerate as far as this. It's as if we are returning to the Stone Age and cavemen. These idiots have no mentality at all.

LINDSEY GRAHAM needs to spend less time preening in front of cameras on national television and needs to spend more time working on doing something useful, like bringing jobs to South Carolina.

THIS IS A RANT for you drivers who always pull out in front of people. You don't see anybody coming behind us, but instead you would just rather pull out in front of us so we can hit you.

I PICK UP MY PAPER every day and I turn on the news and I get so sick and tired of these political pundits, conservatives and liberals, bashing one another. This is America. I thought we are supposed to all have differences, and we are supposed to agree to disagree, but how can you consider yourself to be an American if you can't respect the opinions of others? I couldn't live in a world where everyone voted the same way.

A RAVER WRITES that he is "proud to stand by (his) choice" of voting for Obama. Anybody can make an honest mistake, but to watch the destruction Obama has already brought in just a few months, it's hard to fathom this mistake, too.

THIS IS A RANT for Augusta State University. I was greatly concerned when I learned they were raising tuition and fees by over $500 per semester. But now that I know it was to help pay for TV ads to attract more students to a school that has too many students and supposedly needs new buildings to accommodate them all, I feel much better.

A RAVE to the motorcycle cop who pulled that aggressive nut job in the pickup over this morning on Washington Road. That truck nearly rammed into four cars that I saw. I cheered when the cop came out of nowhere, lights flashing.

Comments (205)

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/23/09 - 01:20 am

Hello from Booger Bottom. Hey

Hello from Booger Bottom. Hey Tujeez, RockNRoll and all ya'll! Have a great day. w00t! (':

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/23/09 - 05:23 am

THIS IS A RANT for you

THIS IS A RANT for you drivers who always pull out in front of people. I wonder how many deaths will occur, because of Government Motors?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/23/09 - 05:43 am

I PICK UP MY PAPER every day

I PICK UP MY PAPER every day and I turn on the news and I get so sick and tired of these political pundits, conservatives and liberals, bashing one another. This is America. This is American politics, with freedom of speech comes freedom to criticize ones speech. This has been going on since the beginning of American politics. Besides its fun to crack at the liberals, and their ignorant wanna be world organizer.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/23/09 - 05:52 am

HEEELLLLOOOOO Nammy! ,

HEEELLLLOOOOO Nammy! , Tujeez and Trouble !!! wOOt !! Everybody have a good day !!!!! wOOt again !!!!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 06/23/09 - 05:58 am

Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *hurlyburly11, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag, bellm1965, APiratesLife4Me and Reality! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

SweetT
SweetT 06/23/09 - 06:17 am

Morning rocknroll and tu and

Morning rocknroll and tu and every one else

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 06/23/09 - 06:43 am

(yawn)

(yawn)

Casey Jones
Casey Jones 06/23/09 - 06:49 am

LadyC - I hear ya. 4 "Hellos"

LadyC - I hear ya. 4 "Hellos" and "Milton" fishing in the wrong spot with dead bait again.

omnomnom
omnomnom 06/23/09 - 07:00 am

ASU is ridiculous. I wanted

ASU is ridiculous. I wanted to take one class. Found out its damn near 800 dollars. Gotta take four classes just to get yer money's worth. Looks like this is going to be a looooong fall.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/23/09 - 07:15 am

Casey, I will let you know on

Casey, I will let you know on Thursday! Maybe one day I'll take you with me, I could use someone to cut my bait for me.

Casey Jones
Casey Jones 06/23/09 - 07:47 am

Well there is your problem

Well there is your problem right there. Stripers and hybrids have been hitting LIVE blueback herring when they are not schooling on top where you can find them by the flocks of birds. But I know, you are a fishless expert. By the way, I thought Thursday was your day to take a drive and walk around a jobsite pretending you were still employed.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 06/23/09 - 07:47 am

Haven't had much luck fishing

Haven't had much luck fishing on the lake so have decided the fishing here is so much better and much more fun.

Casey Jones
Casey Jones 06/23/09 - 07:51 am

cs - And you do an excellent

cs - And you do an excellent job of it. You save me many keystrokes while I just kick back watching and enjoying. Thank you, Sir.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 06/23/09 - 08:03 am

cj... Thanks to you.

cj... Thanks to you.

1941
1941 06/23/09 - 08:04 am

Not only do the idiots pull

Not only do the idiots pull out in front of you, they have the gall to slow down, that is the part that makes me want to ram thier$$$!!!!

CacklinRose
CacklinRose 06/23/09 - 08:05 am

If you don't like it when I

If you don't like it when I pull out in front of you, tough. It's all about me now, didn't you get the memo?

1941
1941 06/23/09 - 08:08 am

Re proud; What makes you

Re proud; What makes you think the persons choice was a mistake? Do you realize, the people have a right to vote for whomever they choose? At least this time the people did not have , thier vote stolen, and was able to put who they chose in the white house!!!

corgimom
19267
corgimom 06/23/09 - 08:10 am

I don't even live in Augusta,

I don't even live in Augusta, but I can figure out that Augusta Mall is not a good place to be. Make a decision- go to the mall and deal with the people there, or find another place to shop. There's nothing in a mall that I need badly enough, to deal with thugs. A mall in Charlotte just instituted a policy that doesn't allow anyone under 18 in the mall on Friday and Saturday nights after 6 pm unless they are with a parent or guardian, and if they are there without their parent or guardian, they must leave or the police will be called. It's been in place 2 weeks and already there is a dramatic improvement. And the staff doesn't wait for a problem- they approach anyone they see that looks under 18 and asks for picture ID. They said "We are not going to drive our paying customers away from somewhere they don't feel comfortable." Too bad the managers of Augusta Mall don't have that same common sense.

ironpurps
ironpurps 06/23/09 - 08:24 am

Am I missing something? I

Am I missing something? I thought this was to comment on the article/rant/rave, not to say 'good morning' etc. ad naseum! Join a chat room for that nonsense, oh, and get a life!

CacklinRose
CacklinRose 06/23/09 - 08:27 am

Good Morning Ironpups and

Good Morning Ironpups and let's all pray for our hardworking all knowing all foreseeing omnipotent President Barack Obama!

Boston93
Boston93 06/23/09 - 08:27 am

Up to 8:20 AM. No good

Up to 8:20 AM. No good comments. Appears to be twittering stuff at AC expense. Good Day.....

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/23/09 - 08:30 am

LINDSEY GRAHAM, Every state

LINDSEY GRAHAM, Every state has their political idiot, to bad we have the one from Illinois as president.

corgimom
19267
corgimom 06/23/09 - 08:38 am

I have met Lindsey Graham and

I have met Lindsey Graham and he is a very nice man, and he is an excellent kisser. (I tell you that from personal experience.) Regardless of what you think of his politics, he truly is a warm, genuine person with a great sense of humor.

AAQueen
AAQueen 06/23/09 - 08:45 am

Milton1874 You used to have

Milton1874
You used to have some points to your rantings but now YOU just sound ignorant.

Maybe the mall need to be boycotted. They are already going bust. They should enforce a dress code.
Where ARE the security guards?

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 06/23/09 - 08:45 am

If the mall would put in a

If the mall would put in a 'dress code' and have it enforced the thug element would move on. Or just put 'no loitering' signs up. This gaggle of imbecels makes evening trips to the mall unbearable.

CacklinRose
CacklinRose 06/23/09 - 08:47 am

If you don't like the mall,

If you don't like the mall, don't go there. It's a free country.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 06/23/09 - 09:07 am

Maybe they should change the

Maybe they should change the name of it from The Augusta Mall to the Augusta ZOO. see the animals, buy souviners

NANF
NANF 06/23/09 - 09:18 am

The people that love to pull

The people that love to pull out in front of you are the ones that want you to buy them a new car. You have to learn that first, then, just watch out for them , get out of their way and let them buy their own new car.

mad_max
mad_max 06/23/09 - 09:24 am

Push my wife down at the mall

Push my wife down at the mall when I am along and see how that works out for you. It will happen sooner or later. They will push or try to intimidate the wrong person and we will have to jail a productive citizen for shooting one of these scumbag worthless little thugs. Going to happen if the mall doesn't take some kind of action.

tgpotgpo
tgpotgpo 06/23/09 - 09:36 am

How does #3 know the people

How does #3 know the people at the mall can't read?

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.