Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for Aiken County trying to blame MCG for the escaped prisoner. He was never in custody because if Aiken County had charged him then it would have been responsible for his hospital bills, so Aiken County chose not to charge him to avoid having to pay the hospital bill. When he's not in custody, there's no reason for MCG to treat him any differently than any other patient in the hospital.

GAY PEOPLE are good people, too. My uncle (mother's brother) was gay. He served in the Army and retired as a bus driver. He also has raised eight of my mother's children. I was a baby girl when my mother died, and he kept and raised all of us. I was very young, but I understood. We are all God's children.

THIS IS A RANT about Commissioner Betty Beard. I am not so surprised that she would think that all of this trouble surrounding her dilapidated childhood home is somehow politically and racially motivated. She states "that about 90 percent of the homes in the Bethlehem community are also in disrepair and why should she be singled out as a slumlord." Well, Ms. Beard, you are in a position of authority in the city and you of all people should know that you are responsible for the upkeep of your property.

I WOULDN'T TAKE my 10- and 12-year-old children to a strip joint. But after taken them to the Augusta Mall over the weekend that's exactly what it felt like. If mall management can't enforce some basic decency and decorum, then this family will take its business elsewhere.

'COLUMBIA COUNTY may change grading,' a headline says. The powers that be there seem to think nobody knows what "flunk" means, so they'll change it to "does not meet standards," a sick euphemism if there ever was one. Soon, a grade from a public school will be meaningless.

RICHMOND COUNTY politicians continue to tax and then spend millions on "planning" for absurd projects that never get completed anyway. Who's making all the money? Companies that plan.

SPEAKING OF HIS medical care plans, Obama said we should "beware of scare tactics and fear-mongering." In the same speech, he says we need to change the present system so fast because it is "a ticking bomb."

IT'S GREAT TO HEAR good things about our president. I voted for him, and I am proud to stand by my choice.

Rose
Rose 06/19/09 - 05:27 pm
convert I don't ask others

convert I don't ask others permission to do anything.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 05:30 pm
She loves the abuse, CS. Just

She loves the abuse, CS. Just a plaything in my world, really.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 06/19/09 - 05:52 pm
If I were her, I would have

If I were her, I would have more respect for myself.

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/19/09 - 05:54 pm
evening all

evening all

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/19/09 - 05:58 pm
Evening Trouble!

Evening Trouble!

Irish
Irish 06/19/09 - 06:31 pm
Ignore the voices rose. You

Ignore the voices rose. You just hang in there and keep those aluminum hats handy... I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE ALWAYS ARGUING WITH. no one mentions you and you come on here like a banshee...By the way I like to sit around and drink cans of genessee cream ale or just Genny ale as we call it...I'm so wrought with bad habits and sinful ways you can threaten me with anything and I don't give a hoot....I go to confession so often they have a special booth just for me...I hate it when the priest says "YOU AGAIN"....I know a great exorcist by the way if you're free next week......

KSL
120675
KSL 06/19/09 - 06:38 pm
Rose keeps telling people she

Rose keeps telling people she will not be bossed by them. But then she dishes out bossing to other left and right. The hypocrisy, the hypocrisy of it all, to alter a great movie line.

Irish
Irish 06/19/09 - 07:05 pm
What poetic Irony. Howdie

What poetic Irony. Howdie Doodie sent the Destroyer "John S McCain" to handle the N. Korean crisis. Isn't it a shame america didn't have the same good judgement last november...The Inspector General Waldon was fired for having an incoherent moment. Heck fire...they better get rid of robert Gibbs before tomorrow...Will Howdie Doodie quit if the teleprompter in charge breaks ?

KSL
120675
KSL 06/19/09 - 07:10 pm
He allegedly had the

He allegedly had the incoherent moment when asked a question after he had left the room and returned. His papers allegedly had been shuffled.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 07:11 pm
Rose can only boss people

Rose can only boss people around online... see also the way RCR shows up when she beckons him, sorta like Driving Miss Daisy, ain't it?

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 07:13 pm
BTW folks, you want to be

BTW folks, you want to be real careful what you say to Rose, she gets people banned for posting her real name on here, even though it's public record, yet the AC does nothing to her for exposing other poster's real name.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 07:16 pm
Warning, take small children

Warning, take small children away from the monitor before clicking this link. Also do not click if you have a weak stomach. http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/111608/liv_483860.shtml

KSL
120675
KSL 06/19/09 - 07:29 pm
Hoke was nicer.

Hoke was nicer.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 07:32 pm
You can almost imagine RCR

You can almost imagine RCR saying "Now Miss Daisy, I got to make water."

Rose
Rose 06/19/09 - 08:17 pm
Pizza Hut reportedly is

Pizza Hut reportedly is slicing the "pizza" from its name. The fast food chain will now be known simply as "The Hut."

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 06/19/09 - 08:17 pm
Let's tally the votes... Rose

Let's tally the votes... Rose is incapable of voicing a comment unless RCR, Willi, etc., are here to back her play. Duh, if you can't stand up for yourself, and your opinions, you can't stand. O hasn't done a dam thing to my life, but my kids & grandkids might (will) have something to pay for. Let them remember the messiah, the O, the "black" President in the White House. Is it still the "White" house? Uh, yes it is, he is 50% white. It's the other 50% (Arab/Muslim) that has me worried.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 08:29 pm

Thank you for the update, Jabba.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 06/19/09 - 08:29 pm
Thanks for that info Rose,

Thanks for that info Rose, those of us who cover the stocks, already knew. Good thing to tell the un/misinformed.

Casey Jones
Casey Jones 06/19/09 - 08:31 pm
KK/Irish/itwuddntme/converted

KK/Irish/itwuddntme/convertedSoutherner - All y'all be careful now or you will become "PTHS" too! w00t!

Irish
Irish 06/19/09 - 08:34 pm
well, i would like to thank

well, i would like to thank rose. I didn't know...haven't been to "The Hut" in years. I might have decided to go and would have been riding round lost for hours.....i gotta get out more often....

Casey Jones
Casey Jones 06/19/09 - 08:39 pm
Irish - It depends on who ya

Irish - It depends on who ya ask. I am eagerly anticipating the responses. Irish check out the bottom of this story for posting totals: http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/111608/liv_483860.shtml

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 06/19/09 - 08:40 pm
Casey, I'll never fill PTHS's

Casey, I'll never fill PTHS's shoes, won't even try. He served, I served, but that's about it, other than that, we think alike. When PTHS posts, I'll read it & usually agree, but occassionally don't.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 06/19/09 - 08:47 pm
Irish, PTHS is "Proud To Have

Irish, PTHS is "Proud To Have Served", haven't seen him post recently.

Irish
Irish 06/19/09 - 08:51 pm
ah so, my apologees to PTHS,

ah so, my apologees to PTHS, sing loi,

Casey Jones
Casey Jones 06/19/09 - 08:52 pm
KK - Yes you have, but not

KK - Yes you have, but not under any of the display names Rose keeps accusing of being PTHS. She is batting 1.000 on incorrect guesses. It's quite amusing though. We should make T-Shirts like "Mickey Mouse Club". Since we are all the same person, the least we can do to help out the mentally challenged is dress alike for easy ID.

itisntmedummy
itisntmedummy 06/19/09 - 08:57 pm
Delusional Daisy misses

Delusional Daisy misses again!

Rose
Rose 06/19/09 - 09:00 pm
who is Daisy?

who is Daisy?

KSL
120675
KSL 06/19/09 - 09:01 pm
Who are you?

Who are you?

itisntmedummy
itisntmedummy 06/19/09 - 09:01 pm
How many times are we going

How many times are we going to go thru this routine....

itisntmedummy
itisntmedummy 06/19/09 - 09:02 pm
Who did you suck off at the

Who did you suck off at the Chronicle, Daisy?

Election News

ATLANTA -- Tuesday's Georgia superintendent primary runoff elections are likely to see small turnout and predictable results, said University of Georgia professor and author Charles Bullock.