Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for Aiken County trying to blame MCG for the escaped prisoner. He was never in custody because if Aiken County had charged him then it would have been responsible for his hospital bills, so Aiken County chose not to charge him to avoid having to pay the hospital bill. When he's not in custody, there's no reason for MCG to treat him any differently than any other patient in the hospital.

GAY PEOPLE are good people, too. My uncle (mother's brother) was gay. He served in the Army and retired as a bus driver. He also has raised eight of my mother's children. I was a baby girl when my mother died, and he kept and raised all of us. I was very young, but I understood. We are all God's children.

THIS IS A RANT about Commissioner Betty Beard. I am not so surprised that she would think that all of this trouble surrounding her dilapidated childhood home is somehow politically and racially motivated. She states "that about 90 percent of the homes in the Bethlehem community are also in disrepair and why should she be singled out as a slumlord." Well, Ms. Beard, you are in a position of authority in the city and you of all people should know that you are responsible for the upkeep of your property.

I WOULDN'T TAKE my 10- and 12-year-old children to a strip joint. But after taken them to the Augusta Mall over the weekend that's exactly what it felt like. If mall management can't enforce some basic decency and decorum, then this family will take its business elsewhere.

'COLUMBIA COUNTY may change grading,' a headline says. The powers that be there seem to think nobody knows what "flunk" means, so they'll change it to "does not meet standards," a sick euphemism if there ever was one. Soon, a grade from a public school will be meaningless.

RICHMOND COUNTY politicians continue to tax and then spend millions on "planning" for absurd projects that never get completed anyway. Who's making all the money? Companies that plan.

SPEAKING OF HIS medical care plans, Obama said we should "beware of scare tactics and fear-mongering." In the same speech, he says we need to change the present system so fast because it is "a ticking bomb."

IT'S GREAT TO HEAR good things about our president. I voted for him, and I am proud to stand by my choice.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 06/19/09 - 01:34 am
Oh life is great here in

Oh life is great here in Myrtle Beach....... Storms? What storms? G-morning my friends!

augnewsgirl09
augnewsgirl09 06/19/09 - 01:51 am
Life's great here in L.A.

Life's great here in L.A. too! Now, can we please stop ranting about the Augusta Mall?? It's NEVER going to change!!

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/19/09 - 02:01 am
(': Good morning Tujeez,

(': Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS, J² and all ya'll! Have a great FRIDAY!! The weekend is finally here! {Time to par`tay! lol} w00t!

augnewsgirl09
augnewsgirl09 06/19/09 - 02:20 am
Oh and Good Morning

Oh and Good Morning everyone!! :D
Nammy, I'm probably going to sound really stupid, but what does w00t mean? Thanks!

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/19/09 - 04:20 am
w00t! An expression of joy

w00t! An expression of joy and excitement.
I just got an A on my test. w00t! lol (':

Reality
Reality 06/19/09 - 05:55 am
I don't shop at the Augusta

I don't shop at the Augusta Mall, but exactly what can be done to rid it of these thugs? If you enforced any rules of normal society behavior and respect, there would be law suits for discrimination.

dhd1108
dhd1108 06/19/09 - 06:32 am
nammy, that last post was

nammy, that last post was obviously jackfruit234 HELLO! HELLO!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/19/09 - 06:57 am
Are you sure the last one

Are you sure the last one isn't RCR? Or maybe even Hypocrites_08?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 06/19/09 - 07:01 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *hurlyburly11, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag, bellm1965, APiratesLife4Me and Reality! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/19/09 - 07:03 am
Hey everybody ... Good

Hey everybody ... Good morning Nammy! , Tujeez and Trouble ! have a great day and stay COOL !!!!! wOOt !!!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 06/19/09 - 07:05 am
To the first ranter, you

To the first ranter, you might be right, next time YOU are in the hospital, just try not to think about wether the guy in the next room or the other bed in your room is a Murderer or not, just focus on getting well.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/19/09 - 07:11 am
I did,nt know that murderers

I did,nt know that murderers in the hospital had the same rights as a citizen ( first rant ) Think i'll go knock off a liquor store !!! I hear the accomodations at MCG are great !!!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/19/09 - 07:12 am
shhhh ... Don't wake up Rose

shhhh ... Don't wake up Rose or Hypo ...

Irish
Irish 06/19/09 - 07:38 am
Why are CEOs and executives

Why are CEOs and executives subject to a salary cap when Oprah makes 235 million a year.Ellen makes 35 Rush makes 50 howard stern makes 70 angelina makes 27 Jennifer makes 25....If their salaries were in line with ours we could go to the movies more often, eat more pop corn, and buy bigger tvs and a better car to get there , thereby stimulating the economy creating more jobs and promoting the general welfare of the populationm and maybe even buy insurance, {by the way why does everyone have a cell phone with a monthly premium but not insurance ?}....Just a thought....

sgachief
sgachief 06/19/09 - 07:39 am
snobho is potus now, there

snobho is potus now, there are no rules of decency!

magic
magic 06/19/09 - 07:52 am
I don't think that CEO pay

I don't think that CEO pay should have a cap on it. But I do think their pay should be performance based. Why do people keep ranting about the Augusta Mall? I've been there plenty of times. Only, on the weekends do I see scantily clad women. The mall is what it has always been. Not just a place to go shopping, but a place to be seen. For a single person who doesn't go to bars, clubs, etc.. I would think this would be a place to go to meet people.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/19/09 - 07:53 am
SPEAKING OF HIS medical care

SPEAKING OF HIS medical care plans, This man has Slick Willy beat, I have never seen a man that can fool so many people. Obama ignores the COB and makes up his own economic models to push his agenda. You can't ignore the truth, it never changes no matter how much you rationalize and distort numbers.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/19/09 - 07:58 am
MY buddy is getting married

MY buddy is getting married for his bachelor party I'll get a bunch of 1 bills and head to the mall.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 07:59 am
If executives should be paid

If executives should be paid for performance, why not extend that to EVERY job in America? Do away with hourly rates, where people sit on their assets and watch the clock and pay them for what they actually do. Highest performance gets highest pay. Lowest performance gets shown the door. If it's good for the execs, it's good for the peons.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 08:01 am
Love those folks who are

Love those folks who are "proud of their vote for president." I wonder if anyone will ever be able to tell us why they're so proud or what the pretender in chief has done of which they are proud.

Boston93
Boston93 06/19/09 - 08:04 am
TO: IT'S GREAT TO HEAR good

TO: IT'S GREAT TO HEAR good things about our president.
If you could list some of the good things, I would be impressed.
Firing the IG and breaking the law is good ? Obama raising cost of postage from 42 cents to 44 cents in May 2009. Obama uses Air Force One to fly to Williamsbug, VA convention. (167 miles ?)(costly)Obama thinking of raising cigarette taxes an additional 61 cents per pack. Obama Became the First President to Skip an Inaugural Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients. President Obama signs a $787 billion stimulus bill he calls "the most sweeping economic recovery package in our history." President Obama does not discourgage earmarks on Stimulus Package. Obama Declares: Economic crisis 'not as bad as we think'...Obama puts a stop to calling detainees at Gitmo “Enemy Combatants.”
Obama has promised to get rid of all Nuclear weapons once everything is in order. Just a few of the things the good President has done. Many more than this.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 08:06 am
Irish? A cell phone is an

Irish? A cell phone is an absolute necessity. Health Insurance is a luxury. Get with the program, dude.

sunnyday
sunnyday 06/19/09 - 08:09 am
I'm proud that I DIDN'T vote

I'm proud that I DIDN'T vote for Snobho. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid.

itwuddntme
itwuddntme 06/19/09 - 08:11 am
Defense Secretary Gates says

Defense Secretary Gates says the US is prepared to shoot any missile shot at Hawaii by North Korea right out of the sky. Ob has an apology for this action already loaded on his teleprompter.

Boston93
Boston93 06/19/09 - 08:11 am
TO: Irish. I agree with most

TO: Irish. I agree with most of your rant, but mainly with the comment on cell phones and not having health insurance. Before government benefits are issued, the recipients should be checked out on cell phones.

HillGuy
HillGuy 06/19/09 - 08:17 am
If you want to do a

If you want to do a striptease, then go to a nighclub, not a shopping mall. It takes a lot to shock me, but let me tell you, what I see at the mall is beyond the pale. The place has turned into a freakshow bordering on a strip club.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/19/09 - 08:21 am
Their pay is performance

Their pay is performance based, its complicated, there is a numbers game that corporate America plays. Bench marks are set by the board to reflect goals and profitability. These bench marks are normally given in ratios for executives down to lower management to meet. The problem is in order to make bonuses or keep your job, the ratios, have to be in line with the bench marks. The negative effect is that people will make poor business decisions just to meet the bench marks on a short term basis, ignoring the affects of long term profitability.

Boston93
Boston93 06/19/09 - 08:22 am
TO: Trey1874. You're a team

TO: Trey1874. You're a team player for speaking out on Obama and his medical care plans. I would hope that all and anyone that agrees with you and I, not watch ABC show being shown from the White House. We need the ratings for ABC to drop versus get higher. I assure you that we will know what was said on other stations after it is complete. If you turn on ABC channel during those two hours, you will help raise their rates and more of this one sided garbage will continue. No viewers means lower ratings and less money for ABC. But, keep in mind that if that happens, Hussein will probably fire all the other channels that keep us posted on what he is doing.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/19/09 - 08:29 am
Boston93 on Fri Jun 19, 2009

Boston93 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:22 AM I don't watch America Broadcasting of Communism (ABC)

Boston93
Boston93 06/19/09 - 08:29 am
TO:itwuddntme. I've never had

TO:itwuddntme. I've never had a cell phone company pay my medical bills. I have my own insurance, but resent paying for people getting handouts having cell phones and no insurance at the tax payer expense.