Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

I'VE BEEN READING a lot about a dress code, so to speak, for the churches. I guess I'm of the old school. If your shoes were old, no problem; put some polish on them. Put on the best you've got. You're worshiping the Lord in his house, so respect it and be done with it. I don't see what the problem is.

THE JUSTICE SYSTEM in Augusta-Richmond County is broken. In May I watched as a 13-year-old was convicted of felony involuntary manslaughter and felony theft by taking. I watched this person get 24 months' probation because of his age. They said he still has a chance and deserves a second chance. In June I watched them convict and lock up a 16-year-old with no prior record for armed robbery and burglary. They gave him no second chance and said he didn't deserve one.

WE NEED a bookstore in Evans. There are three large ones in Augusta and not one in Evans. Yet they're building more fast food restaurants and grocery stores than we need.

I AGREE THAT teens under the age of 18 should have a curfew of 10 p.m. unless with a parent or guardian. There's no reason for kids to be out that late. No good reason.

THE BAD PEOPLE visiting Augusta Mall and causing the problems will go away. It's encouraging to see more security patrols in there to watch and stop the criminals. The mall is a wonderful place with great shops, and I will continue to visit and buy there. Crime has actually increased in many areas, now including MCG Hospital, of all places.

PARENTS NEED to stop using the mall as an extended play area for their children. Do not drop your children off at the mall and leave them unattended for hours while you go about your business.

A BIG RAVE for Rick McKee's work. His June 6 cartoon was spot on.

THE CURRENT FINANCIAL crises and bailouts are like a patient in ER getting shock treatments and oxygen. You must keep the patient alive; you can worry about other problems later.

PRESIDENT OBAMA is a very fine guy and so much better than Bush as our president, I'm so proud to be an American.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 06/17/09 - 02:57 am
Morning all my maties...

Morning all my maties...

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/17/09 - 03:58 am
Ut oh, this is not good at

Ut oh, this is not good at all, Pirate. You've done doo-did it now, Bud. You being 1st screws up 31atsugua backwards, whole world. {and makes my day, yours. hmph!...lol} Good luck living with that!!! LOL --Good morning Pirate, Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS, J² and all ya'll! Enjoy my hmph {read-hump} day! (':

message
message 06/17/09 - 04:12 am
Its not just the justice

Its not just the justice system in Augusta broken by inequitable trial procedures and capricious racial profiling practices that make colored people three times more likely to be incarcerated than whites following an arrest has affect the U.S. justice system as a whole.

Reality
Reality 06/17/09 - 04:19 am
How about a football player

How about a football player that ran over and killed a pedestrian while driving drunk, 30 days in jail......There is justice.

Reality
Reality 06/17/09 - 04:23 am
What is this POTUS thinking,

What is this POTUS thinking, allow gays to use each others health benefits. You can't marry someone that is the same sex, but the POTUS can buy their votes with our tax dollars.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/17/09 - 04:25 am
Hey Nammy! and Tujeez . Hey

Hey Nammy! and Tujeez . Hey Trouble ! Everyone have a good day !!!!!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/17/09 - 04:32 am
Had to laugh about the

Had to laugh about the kiddies being dropped off at the Mall, being a problem. The people that have been running me over at the Mall or talking foul were not just kiddies, there were also adults.

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/17/09 - 04:32 am
Morning neighbor dude...

Morning neighbor dude...

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/17/09 - 04:59 am
lol hey ... wOOt ! ;)

lol hey ... wOOt ! ;)

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/17/09 - 05:01 am
Yes POTUS makes me proud to

Yes POTUS makes me proud to be an American !!!! Proud that i did'nt vote for him lol hehe Still makes me an American right ? riiiggghhhttt ?

Reality
Reality 06/17/09 - 05:08 am
Just when I think he may make

Just when I think he may make the right decision, he removes all doubt and votes the opposite way....I will always be proud to be an American, that doesn't mean I have to agree with the politicians.

Irish
Irish 06/17/09 - 05:19 am
Rose has to have sent in that

Rose has to have sent in that last rant. Surely there can't be two of them out there

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/17/09 - 05:24 am
Obama is planning on signing

Obama is planning on signing an executive order allowing federal benefits for the same-sex partner of federal employees. AGAIN, he spends our money without even the chance of the legislative process to vote on it. He must be afraid that he doesn't even have enough of his Democrats to make it law. Instead he rams it down our throats (metaphorically) and doesn't even give us a kiss because "President Knows Best". BS!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/17/09 - 05:27 am
OT, that would mean the Obama

OT, that would mean the Obama has a full grasp of Bill Clintons definition of sex!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/17/09 - 05:39 am
THe big O is doing everything

THe big O is doing everything he can to promote non-tradtional family values while stating he supports family values. Now if he would admit to what his definition of family values are then we would know where he stood, but he never states what he actually believes. Kinda like we don't support taxing employee health care benefits, but we ain't against it either. If you are not against something then you support it.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/17/09 - 05:44 am
CA is broke, that was a

CA is broke, that was a shocker. The big three evils are still pushing the same economic policies, big government, taxes, outrageous green laws that broke CA. If it didn't work in CA it is not going to work in USA. I sure hope you Obama supporters understand what the Dem's did to CA.

Reality
Reality 06/17/09 - 05:44 am
We all know who will pay the

We all know who will pay the price in the end, no pun intended. I agree with you trey1874.

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/17/09 - 05:48 am
morning all....morning

morning all....morning rocknroll, of course you are an American, you voted to save this great country, not destroy it.......

Reality
Reality 06/17/09 - 05:50 am
I voted, but it didn't count

I voted, but it didn't count ,as it was an absentee ballot and those were not counted this election.

sgachief
sgachief 06/17/09 - 05:57 am
snobama IS what he IS!!!

snobama IS what he IS!!!

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/17/09 - 05:59 am
Happy Birthday NAMMY!!!!!

Happy Birthday NAMMY!!!!!

Boston93
Boston93 06/17/09 - 05:59 am
TO: Reality on right

TO: Reality on right decisions by "He" (Obama ?) when he removes all doubt and votes the opposite way..I think changing his decision in most cases has been positive. And yes, you do have to agree with the politicians. The saying: "Those that have the GOLD rules" is the game politicians play and once elected they do have the GOLD. If no one questions their decisions they ASSume the ball is in their court. Know what I mean Vern ? The most important thing to politicians is the VOTE from you. They can't do anything if not elected, then they can do what they wish and usually not in your reason for voting for them. America needs to wake up and SOON. The roller coaster is approaching the highest peak and then down the track it will go and carry us with it.

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/17/09 - 06:00 am
Awww, thank you so much, T!

Awww, thank you so much, T! You remembered! w00t!!! *Y*a*Y*!!!!!! *tosses confetti in my honor! lol You're elected to clean that up! {again} lmao

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 06/17/09 - 06:12 am
As Iran and North Korea

As Iran and North Korea threaten, prezbho lowers the number of defense missiles (Do you understand that dims?). While alienating our allies and lowering our security, prezbho insures that we have less security. I don't know about you but I sure as h... feel less safe now than I did for the past 8 years.

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/17/09 - 06:16 am
converted, must you always

converted, must you always scare them with facts???? lol

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/17/09 - 06:19 am
CS no the ignorant cannot

CS no the ignorant cannot understand! It would take a nuclear threat and an Economic melt down. Let see how the Californians react to their state government failing.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/17/09 - 06:20 am
A big w00t to Nammy Happy

A big w00t to Nammy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston93
Boston93 06/17/09 - 06:22 am
TO:convertedsoutherner. Amen

TO:convertedsoutherner. Amen and Amen. Love Prezbho name.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/17/09 - 06:23 am
Ignorant Libs, I don't want

Ignorant Libs, I don't want to hear Arnie is a Republican. He is only by name. No way in hell is he a Fiscal or Social Conservative. Have a great day everyone, fortunately for y'all, they are making me work today.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 06/17/09 - 06:24 am
They have such a problem with

They have such a problem with information with facts that I love to confuse them.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen