Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

IN RESPONSE to the person who said: "To those who attend church Sunday morning and Sunday night: Please wear appropriate attire. Flip-flops are not appropriate, nor are cutoff jeans or pants." Somehow I don't think God cares what you wear to worship him. Would it be better for a person who can't afford nice clothes to just stay home rather than offend you?

IF YOU ARE in church for the right reason, you won't be looking at what someone is wearing. That is why I stopped going to church, old busybody ladies making fun of an older gentleman's clothes at church one night. I do my thing with God at home. I don't think he cares what I am wearing. He is looking for what is in my heart, not on my back.

TO THE PERSON complaining about improper attire for church: Is it really about how you're dressed? Is that the reason to go to church? What you get from the worship experience should be more important than anything else.

DITTO ON THE attire for church. I do understand that not everyone can "dress up." That's not the point. It's a matter of respect for where you are and who you are there to worship. You are not going to the beach or camping. You are going to worship God, and he deserves your best.

DON'T RECALL when anyone where I go to church was asked to leave, and certainly not mistreated. But this world has gotten too "I can do anything I want," and there is too little respect for others, not to mention themselves.

GOVERNMENT-OWNED car companies, government-owned banks, government-owned credit card companies. I will never buy from GM or Chrysler again. I will not keep my money in a government-owned bank. I will bury it in the backyard in a Mason jar. I don't want government-owned health care either. No one is turned down for health care in this country -- not even the illegals.

CHRONICLE FRONT-PAGE story says the new Augusta Coliseum Authority must improve its "image." What's all this modern "image" nonsense? If the authority, or any government entity, works properly, its image will take care of itself.

WHY IS IT that anyone who does not go step for step with Obama has to be a racist? Is it now wrong to have freedom of speech and a sharing of ideas?

THIS IS A BIG RAVE for Anthony Esposito and the group of people who cleaned up the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame eyesore on Reynolds Street. We should all be proud of their efforts.

LEE AND BETTY BEARD were not leaders in the Bethlehem neighborhood. Their neighborhood went to pot while Lee and Betty watched.

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/11/09 - 01:46 am
Good morning Tujeez,

Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and all ya'll! Have a good day! ω☺☻‡! (just for you know who...) Wow-the church rant really rubbed some raw, didn't it? lol (':

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/11/09 - 02:44 am
From what I know about the

From what I know about the Bible Jesus wore sandals, who are you to judge? Did you not understand that when Jesus said with your own judgment you shall be judged. This means those that judge on the outward appearance will have to judge themselves when someone is dressed better than themselves. It is called insecurity! You insecure sinners who goto church to judge others are pathetic. Wonder why church attendance is low? Judge not and you shall not be Judged. Read the teachings of Jesus! Read Luke 11:37-41 you people are a mockery and are the ones bringing shame to the name of Christianity!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/11/09 - 02:49 am
It is bad enough the crazy

It is bad enough the crazy old man that claims to be a Christian and kills a guard. I guess he didn't read that gentiles are considered Jews through Jesus Christ . Romans chapter 11!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/11/09 - 03:18 am
People like Betty beard and

People like Betty beard and their slums is what has made Augusta a 3rd world city! If they would have kept their properties up to date and clean. Then Augusta would not be known as Disgusta.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/11/09 - 03:44 am
A Rant to the Law enforcement

A Rant to the Law enforcement and the local media for not exposing the Gang violence that is taking over the CSRA. If it is not politically beneficial its not mentioned.

dhd1108
dhd1108 06/11/09 - 05:15 am
teenager dead after shots

teenager dead after shots fired at Cherry Tree Crossing... http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/topstories/47762032.html
reports of dumpster fires in the area afterwards... something has to be done about these breeding grounds of crime!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/11/09 - 05:15 am
wOOt !! Nammy! ... Hey Tujeez

wOOt !! Nammy! ... Hey Tujeez and Trouble !!!! Have a good day folks !!!

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/11/09 - 06:20 am
Morning rnr

Morning rnr

Martinez
Martinez 06/11/09 - 06:30 am
So it is inappropriate for

So it is inappropriate for little kids to say their nightly prayers in their PJ's, or for someone to meditate on the beach in their bathing suit or heck, pray in the shower wearing nothing at all? What you wear to church has nothing to do with your relationship with God. Those who believe wearing a dress suit makes them better or somehow closer to God are the same people who think spending 1 out of every 168 hours of their life listening to someone else read the bible makes them a good Christian.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/11/09 - 06:51 am
For those who are talking

For those who are talking about crime: is it any SURPRISE that the crime rates have skyrocketed since September 2004 (when the 108th Congress passed a law that forbade our law enforcement from doing background checks on firearm purchases)? Well, it sure doesn't surprise me, since the NRA has had total control of DC since then!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/11/09 - 06:57 am
I knew logical and educated

I knew logical and educated postings would be interrupted!

Martinez
Martinez 06/11/09 - 06:59 am
I doubt most the guns

I doubt most the guns involved in crime in Augusta are registered and/or legally purchased. I wouldn't think thugs and gang members follow legal protocol to secure weapons they plan to commit crimes with.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 06/11/09 - 07:02 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *hurlyburly11, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag, bellm1965, APiratesLife4Me and Reality! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/11/09 - 07:04 am
morning tu

morning tu

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 06/11/09 - 07:13 am
Willistontownsc..........Just

Willistontownsc..........Just another misplaced fruit in the Animal Cracker Box of life...

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 06/11/09 - 07:14 am
Rick McKee Rules!

Rick McKee Rules!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/11/09 - 07:16 am
Ive done split my coffee on

Ive done split my coffee on myself this morning. That does not mean I am going to shoot up any place today, just cause I am a white man doesn't mean I am violently crazy.

dhd1108
dhd1108 06/11/09 - 07:24 am
willi, unless you're buying a

willi, unless you're buying a gun at a gun show (or obtaining one illegally) YOU WILL HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK DONE. Don't know how the internet is in Williston, maybe only 1/4 of it works there. Or perhaps you're an AOL customer.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/11/09 - 08:36 am
I agree with whomever wrote

I agree with whomever wrote the complaint about inappropriate dress at church. They didn't say they were going to kick them out or bar them from church for it. They just said it was inappropriate. Wearing cut off jeans and flip flops is not respectful for the occasion. Would you wear your swimsuit to a church wedding? Would you wear combat boots to a ballroom dance class? A religious service is no place for noisy flip flops or distracting clothes. Maybe God doesn't care what you wear, but you should, at least out of consideration and respect for the people around you, not to mention your own self-respect. I really don't CARE what you're wearing, but I don't want to see belly rolls over jeans so tight and revealing they are bisecting your "derriere" or listen to your flip-flops slapping up and down the aisles when it is supposed to be a quiet time for prayer. Commonsense, please!

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/11/09 - 08:40 am
Have you bought a weapon

Have you bought a weapon willi???? If you have you would know that backround checks ARE required. You are an idiot!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/11/09 - 08:42 am
dhd1108 on Thu Jun 11, 2009

dhd1108 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 AM The Teenage boy pulled out a hand gun and killed a girl. The criminals respect the gun control laws? Gun control laws only take the guns away from the people who need them.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/11/09 - 08:54 am
All these "Christian" posts

All these "Christian" posts are self-serving.IF you are a CHRISTIAN,the Bible says "judge not,lest you be judged". ALL of you are passing judgement in one way or the other. You should either LIVE as a Christian or shut up.

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/11/09 - 08:59 am
wizzard, that post looked

wizzard, that post looked like you were passing judgement to me.....by putting Christian in quotation marks, you are passing judgement on them, so that makes you no better than they are.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/11/09 - 09:06 am
not a christian

not a christian

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/11/09 - 09:12 am
I am no better or worse than

I am no better or worse than anyone,I was just reminding these Christians what thier book tells them.I get really tired of self-professed Christians picking and choosing which parts of the Bible to adhere.

Irish
Irish 06/11/09 - 09:13 am
Willi's comment about the NRA

Willi's comment about the NRA running Washington is one of the most asinine statements ever made. Any one with a pea for a brain knows the NRA is embattled in Washington with almost every faction of the left wing house and senate. But Willi as usual refuses to let the facts get in the way of his mindless conspiracy theories. Welcome back inspector Closeau......

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/11/09 - 09:18 am
wizz, if you are not a

wizz, if you are not a christian, don't worry about it----it doesn't affect you, no more than the koran affects me!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/11/09 - 09:19 am
My point proven

My point proven

workingmom
workingmom 06/11/09 - 09:20 am
While I agree that one should

While I agree that one should try to wear appropriate clothing to church, I question people who are constantly looking at and complaining about other people's attire instead of concentrating on what they came to church for in the first place.

truthbknown
truthbknown 06/11/09 - 09:20 am
I wonder where the ranter

I wonder where the ranter lives that wants to bury the money in thier backyard in a mason jar! lol

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...