Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I WANT TO KNOW people's opinions on the "new math" for the freshmen in high school. My son failed this class along with many others. Are they going to be able to graduate? What happens if they can't pass? Yes, make it tougher but not so tough the kids fail. Personally, the Georgia school board failed.

I HAVE BEEN reading the paper in Augusta for some time now, and I see drug dealers and robbers get more time than killers. The system works to help the criminals, not the victims or their families.

MY HUSBAND and I went to the Augusta Mall last weekend and were absolutely disgusted by the clothes some of the young girls were wearing. They might as well have been in their underwear! I've never seen clothes like that in my life! They looked like prostitutes! I believe some kind of dress code should also be enforced because apparently the only people who want to see that mess are teenage boys!

I AM AN 80-YEAR-OLD lady and I'm calling in because I don't know what happened to indecent exposure now with the boys going around with their pants below their butts, and we older people have to sit or either walk and watch this. It should be a law that they shouldn't go around showing their underwear with their pants down to their knees. Things are getting so bad, after awhile they probably will pull their underwear down.

AUGUSTA MALL needs to be aware of the fact that if you don't get rid of the sagging pants punks, your mall will be like Regency Mall. I'm from South Carolina, and Georgia will not honor my concealed weapons permit, so I have long since stopped going to Augusta anyway.

THE RICHMOND COUNTY school budget is apparently going to be $225,241,336, for one year. How big is Richmond County? Isn't that a heck of a lot of money for a few schools? If the county had 225 schools, it'd still be over a million per school.

PRESIDENT OBAMA hadn't even finished his speech in Cairo and Republican right wing hate specialists Rush Limbaugh and Liz Cheney were trashing and criticizing him, refuting everything he was saying. When George W. Bush was president, however, it was not patriotic to criticize the president. Of course, these Republicans seem to have abandoned that philosophy along with their family values and all their other failed values that have destroyed our economy.

THIS IS A RANT to my brothers and sisters in the minority community. Enough is enough. Thank God that we got Barack Obama as president. Not everybody in America that is white was a plantation owner. And not all my brothers and sisters worked on those plantations. So enough is enough. Let's carry on and let's chug ahead.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 06/09/09 - 03:12 pm
Milt that would take the fun

Milt that would take the fun out of it...
IT most likely folks will follow your suggestion and vote on the mall by where they spend their dollars

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 03:19 pm
Well as long as I don't

Well as long as I don't become a shoe salesmen.

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/09/09 - 03:26 pm
damn duke....300, i will

damn duke....300, i will never go to the mall again...lol

jimbobob
jimbobob 06/09/09 - 03:29 pm
Rose, I agree a little with

Rose, I agree a little with you.. I still live in an area with no movie theater, stores close at noon on Wednesday, no saggy pants walking down my road, no boom boxes, no drive-by shootings. probably drugs, since they are everywhere, but not visible here. Couldn't love it more.

purmkinhed
purmkinhed 06/09/09 - 03:37 pm
I wish to Thank everyone who

I wish to Thank everyone who complied to my hand gestures to move into the left lane on the Riverwatch Parkway last evening as my husband changed my flat tire. By paying attention to me y'all saved me much grief in worring if someone was going to hit him as he worked. I was already upset for when that tire blew it dragged me into the left lane and I almost hit a semi truck. I had my 3 yr old grandson with me and I was totally freaked out by what had happened and what could have happened! Anyway, Thank You again and God will bless you all!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 03:37 pm
Well it couldn't be in worse

Well it couldn't be in worse then the couple in their 50's doing their gardening in their G-strings. See the Bizarre news!

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 03:40 pm
jimbo my favorite hangout was

jimbo my favorite hangout was the library.The summer I was 16, I read about 4 books a week. Mama was afraid I would ruin my eyes.I remember playing softball, dodge ball, jump rope, and riding bicycles, and basketball.

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/09/09 - 04:20 pm
Ш ♂ ♀ Ţ ¡¡¡ For me!! (':

Ш ♂ ♀ Ţ ¡¡¡ For me!! (':

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 06/09/09 - 04:24 pm
Hey, college grads! Avoid

Hey, college grads! Avoid nastiness! Don't be haters! Didja notice the filthy, nasty sluts who've been cropping up among conservatives lately?!?! Wow, what a bunch of busy ditches... http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49244

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 06/09/09 - 04:31 pm
Those damn' Republicans! How

Those damn' Republicans! How DARE they continue the SAME partisan distractions of the past?! This is just ridiculous... http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/cantor-complains-pelosi-refuses-to-m...

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 04:31 pm
AMNCH.... If you have read

AMNCH.... If you have read the post it is about older people complaining about young kids. The same thing our parents said about us. Quit listening to the "Reverends" they are brain washing you into thinking every thing is about hate!

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 06/09/09 - 04:45 pm
Stupid Wall Street

Stupid Wall Street Journal...what do you know about economic issues? It's perfectly clear to anyone with a brain. Yes, the president said that, without the stimulus, unemployment could (gasp!) exceed 8%. And, yes, that was part of the political line used to sell the $1.3Trillion stimulus package. And, yes, unemployment has, in the three short months since passage, gone up to 9.4%, and the US has lost 1,500,000 jobs since passage of the stimulus. But, BUT, and this is SO clear, WITHOUT the stimulus, the US would have lost 1,650,000 jobs! Ergo, 150,000 jobs were SAVED, you WSJ knuckleheads...geez, go take a macro class, wouldja? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124451592762396883.html

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 06/09/09 - 04:46 pm
See?? He just SAID, he'll

See?? He just SAID, he'll create or save another 600,000 jobs...what do you leeches want? Blood??? WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama assured the nation his recovery plan was on track Monday, scrambling to calm Americans unnerved by unemployment rates still persistently rising nearly four months after he signed the biggest economic stimulus in history.

Obama admitted his own dissatisfaction with the progress but said his administration would ramp up stimulus spending in the coming months. The White House acknowledged it has spent only $44 billion, or 5 percent, of the $787 billion stimulus, but that total has always been expected to rise sharply this summer.

"Now we're in a position to really accelerate," Obama said.

He also repeated an earlier promise to create or save 600,000 jobs by the end of the summer.

augnewsgirl09
augnewsgirl09 06/09/09 - 04:58 pm
If you don't want to see the

If you don't want to see the inappropriate attire at the mall, don't go on the weekends. I went to the mall today, and I didn't see anyone wearing those types of clothes. Most of the time, the younger generation (who typically wear saggy pants and mini-skirts) goes to the mall on the weekends. During the weekday, the mall is actually a nice place to shop.

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 05:54 pm
I never go to the mall on the

I never go to the mall on the weekend.It is nice during the daytime on weekdays.

apex24
apex24 06/09/09 - 06:13 pm
What you see at the mall is

What you see at the mall is 70% who couldn't graduate from Laney. I guess that's also the white man's fault.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 06:24 pm
Except that they are out of

Except that they are out of school for the summer.

God save America
God save America 06/09/09 - 06:32 pm
if the Republicans destroyed

if the Republicans destroyed our economy why is hussein doing the same things that Bush did. i hear that hussein is calling Bush i guess hussein needs advise how to be pres. why does the GOP. have to promote gay marriage and cross gender roles you dem. take care of them. God let hussein become pres. to try to wake us up against people like him. hussein has to have a screen in front of him with his speech on it or he will mess up.i would like to see the proof that all white people had plantations and slaves in the past. you hussein obama lovers or fans will be changing you minds when he starts making you pay back all the money he is spending.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 07:22 pm
Excellent point, God save.

Excellent point, God save. Notice you have had no responses. So far, there is less than a dollars worth of difference between the actions of these two presidents. Their strings are (were) pulled by the same puppeteers, party lines not mattering.

inkpup
inkpup 06/09/09 - 08:24 pm
Last time I looked S. C.

Last time I looked S. C. wasn't honoring Georgia issued concealed carry permits either so to THAT ranter I say. BLOW IT OUT YER POSTERIOR and STAY in Carolina.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 08:32 pm
inkpup, wasn't this on

inkpup, wasn't this on another thread?

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/09/09 - 09:09 pm
KSL--this is in this

KSL--this is in this thread...but I do think I saw something somewhere else too on this topic...I would think your post would be better stated with REDRIDER's post since I cannot find why they mentioned that, then...---FYI As far as CWPs New Hampshire will issue you a Non Resident permit from your SC CWP permit to carry in Georgia in Fact about 40 states Go to NRA.org Posted by REDRIDER on Tue Jun 9, 2009 8:20 AM

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 09:18 pm
Redrider you will shoot your

Redrider you will shoot your eye out kid. I love that movie.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 09:19 pm
When I was 5 my dad bought me

When I was 5 my dad bought me a RedRider when my oldest boy turn 5 I bought him one. I teach my boys early about Gun Control.I am proud to say I feel more comfortable hunting beside my son. I started him off on a 20 gauge single shot. Last year I moved him up to a 12 Gauge pump. This year he will get a Bolt action 270.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 11:48 pm
15 more post and Nammy can

15 more post and Nammy can W00t and turn the page!

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/10/09 - 12:37 am
It ain't gonna happen........

It ain't gonna happen........ So I'll w00t now and get it out there! And say night all.....lol (':