Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I WANT TO KNOW people's opinions on the "new math" for the freshmen in high school. My son failed this class along with many others. Are they going to be able to graduate? What happens if they can't pass? Yes, make it tougher but not so tough the kids fail. Personally, the Georgia school board failed.

I HAVE BEEN reading the paper in Augusta for some time now, and I see drug dealers and robbers get more time than killers. The system works to help the criminals, not the victims or their families.

MY HUSBAND and I went to the Augusta Mall last weekend and were absolutely disgusted by the clothes some of the young girls were wearing. They might as well have been in their underwear! I've never seen clothes like that in my life! They looked like prostitutes! I believe some kind of dress code should also be enforced because apparently the only people who want to see that mess are teenage boys!

I AM AN 80-YEAR-OLD lady and I'm calling in because I don't know what happened to indecent exposure now with the boys going around with their pants below their butts, and we older people have to sit or either walk and watch this. It should be a law that they shouldn't go around showing their underwear with their pants down to their knees. Things are getting so bad, after awhile they probably will pull their underwear down.

AUGUSTA MALL needs to be aware of the fact that if you don't get rid of the sagging pants punks, your mall will be like Regency Mall. I'm from South Carolina, and Georgia will not honor my concealed weapons permit, so I have long since stopped going to Augusta anyway.

THE RICHMOND COUNTY school budget is apparently going to be $225,241,336, for one year. How big is Richmond County? Isn't that a heck of a lot of money for a few schools? If the county had 225 schools, it'd still be over a million per school.

PRESIDENT OBAMA hadn't even finished his speech in Cairo and Republican right wing hate specialists Rush Limbaugh and Liz Cheney were trashing and criticizing him, refuting everything he was saying. When George W. Bush was president, however, it was not patriotic to criticize the president. Of course, these Republicans seem to have abandoned that philosophy along with their family values and all their other failed values that have destroyed our economy.

THIS IS A RANT to my brothers and sisters in the minority community. Enough is enough. Thank God that we got Barack Obama as president. Not everybody in America that is white was a plantation owner. And not all my brothers and sisters worked on those plantations. So enough is enough. Let's carry on and let's chug ahead.

Nammy3
Nammy3 06/09/09 - 01:55 am
Good morning Tujeez,

Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS, Milton!, and ya'll! Have a great day! w00t! (':

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 02:29 am
Good Morning!

Good Morning!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 02:41 am
Republicans seem to have

Republicans seem to have abandoned that philosophy along with their family values and all their other failed values that have destroyed our economy........Are liberals ignorant of economics, or do they just live in a fantasy land? I don't see Republicans promoting Gay marriage and cross gender roles. What is the definition of liberal family values?

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 06/09/09 - 02:52 am
Augusta Mall is not to blame

Augusta Mall is not to blame for the dregs of society who decide to visit nor can they be parents to so many youth who obviously are not being properly trained, educated or reared by their parents. Frankly, they could solve a lot of their problems by simply charging a $10.00 cover charge to enter the mall and upon returning a receipt from that specific day valued at $10.00 or more, the money could be refunded. Additionally, those under 18 years of age could be prohibited from entering without a parent or guardian. The majority of the problems are from the youth and generally they are all together and aren't buying anything so both of these as well as other suggestions should at least be reviewed. Those who have money to spend no longer feel comfortable walking around Augusta Mall or downtown for that matter and until these problems are solved, neither of these areas will properly flurish.

Reality
Reality 06/09/09 - 04:26 am
Here is some new math for

Here is some new math for you, the Government will give you $8,000 tax check to buy a house. If you can't afford the down payment, it will be taken out of the "free" money you haven't received yet. Isn't this one of the reasons we are in this mess now, new math, who needs it??????

NEone
NEone 06/09/09 - 04:57 am
Asitis: Did you ever go to

Asitis: Did you ever go to the mall looking for a specific item and not find it? Would you then spend $10 on junk just to get your money back? What about people who don't carry cash? Credit/debit machine to check in at the mall?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/09/09 - 04:57 am
The "fad" of wearing pants

The "fad" of wearing pants below the butt came from prison-it means the wearer is "available".So, next time you see this "fad", you can laugh knowing just what it means,these boys are looking for some male company.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/09/09 - 06:15 am
Good morning everybody ! Hey

Good morning everybody ! Hey Nammy! , Tujeez and Trouble ! Everyone have a great day !!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 06/09/09 - 06:17 am
I just heard on News 12 that

I just heard on News 12 that RISING gas prices were a sign that we were recovering from a bad economy ... HUH !!!!

g-dog express
g-dog express 06/09/09 - 06:24 am
So, one person is upset that

So, one person is upset that Republicans are complaining about Obama? All you can really say is what goes around, comes around. They should have thought about do unto others... Secondly if you thought Rush didn't criticize President Bush then you didn't listen to Rush. I guess it OK to criticize someone until they return the favor and then it is wrong. Tisk-Tisk!

sgachief
sgachief 06/09/09 - 06:54 am
tv news people do not have to

tv news people do not have to be smart, they just need to know how to read and most of them in augusta can't even do that!

TroubIe
TroubIe 06/09/09 - 07:02 am
morning rnr

morning rnr

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 06/09/09 - 07:07 am
Richmond County is one of the

Richmond County is one of the largest in the state. There are a ton of schools in Richmond County. Add in teachers, bus drivers, maintenance crews, lunch personnel, janitors, and operating costs. 225 Million doesnt sound so bad. Dont worry about adding in fuel and energy costs, the free food programs for parents who cant afford to pay for school lunch (probably the only 'good' meal the kid gets all day).

BIGDADDY1
BIGDADDY1 06/09/09 - 07:10 am
I got news 4 you lady. Your

I got news 4 you lady. Your husband was not as disgusted with the young girls attire as you might think.

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 06/09/09 - 07:28 am
Yea #3. How do you think you

Yea #3. How do you think you got him to the mall in the first place?

christian134
christian134 06/09/09 - 07:41 am
Good morning one and

Good morning one and all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day....

christian134
christian134 06/09/09 - 07:47 am
As far as the dress code goes

As far as the dress code goes I find it personally idiotic as well as funny...All I can think of would be to turn a really big German Shepard loose then to sit back and watch the person with the belted pants around their knees try to run...:-) That vision alone would brighten anyone's day...The girls, on the other hand, seem to find sex easier to have if they are already better than half way undressed...Saves them time...The ones that tend to disrupt an appetite would have to be the ones who wear spandex so tight that the fat pockets are outlined with full clarity....Yuck and nasty pretty well describes their appearance...

TORTURE
TORTURE 06/09/09 - 07:56 am
I see their is a issue about

I see their is a issue about saggy pants:its a free world I don't care how you wake up and decide to wear you apparels any place you want to go.However, you never heard about somebody with saggy pants went on a killing spree at no school,churches,or public places so halt the stereotyped . Next will be reading comments about labeling you a gang member because you wear saggy pants.If I see you walking in the mall or anywhere with a trench coat on then we go a problem.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 06/09/09 - 07:57 am
Well not really.. it's just

Well not really.. it's just here in Augusta they are so easy...

TechLover
TechLover 06/09/09 - 08:07 am
Females should wear dresses

Females should wear dresses down to their ankles and men should wear pants up to their armpits.

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/09/09 - 08:13 am
I'm sure that type attire

I'm sure that type attire would fit you to a T, tech!

REDRIDER
REDRIDER 06/09/09 - 08:20 am
FYI As far as CWPs New

FYI As far as CWPs New Hampshire will issue you a Non Resident permit from your SC CWP permit to carry in Georgia in Fact about 40 states Go to NRA.org

TechLover
TechLover 06/09/09 - 08:24 am
Can: More likely jeans and

Can: More likely jeans and tie dye Allman Brothers t-shirt. I'm more one of those long hair, maggot infested hippie types.

Seashells
Seashells 06/09/09 - 08:28 am
THIS IS A RANT to my brothers

You are soooo right!!!! This is a great post! Quit all the hating I say and it is on both sides. Just love one another.

christian134
christian134 06/09/09 - 08:34 am
Good Taste to which minority

Good Taste to which minority do you ascribe? Obviously the white race is not to be considered your "brother or sister" eh? Furthermore God had absolutely nothing to do with electing Obama, in my humble opinion, other than to further His plans for the downfall of a nation that has all but turned their backs on God...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/09 - 08:38 am
Can we just like them, Love

Can we just like them, Love is such a strong term.

TechLover
TechLover 06/09/09 - 08:43 am
That's right. God is a white

That's right. God is a white Republican and he wanted Bush again.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 06/09/09 - 09:13 am
Goooood Mawnin Disgusta ^5

Goooood Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj.all the mall has to do is establish and enforce a dress code it IS private property and they have the legal right to do so

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 06/09/09 - 09:22 am
Obama and his sorry gang of

Obama and his sorry gang of democrats are in the office wanting to put out a tax to people that are employed to pay for health taxes to those that are not employed. Why do we have to pay for these sorry &*$ drug dealers, bums, Illegal Immigrants and so on? Way to go for those that voted for Obama and all of thsoe idiotic demos. Bet you will think twice know about who you put into office. I do not want to herer complaints from those that put that idiot in. You put him there not me.

AAQueen
AAQueen 06/09/09 - 09:41 am
They may have the right to

They may have the right to dress the way they please but when they show me what I don't want to see then it should be against the law.

You think the young ladies looked like hookers at the mall, you should have seen some of them at the prom, scandalous. Parents shouldn't have let them out of the house the way some of them were dressed. And yes i blame lot of this on the schools. They need some type of dress code. It seems that once a child reaches high school there is no more rules.

When my grandchild was in middle scbhool all shirts/blouses had to be tucked in the pants/skirts. Shorts and skirts had to be a certain length. Now that she is in high school theres no dress code but there should be.

Christian I saw that very thing happen from my mothers front window. My neighbors dog, a small dog, chased this man child with saggy pants. His pants came down and he tripped and landed on his face, a few scratches. The dog stopped and looked so puzzle. Even my mother came out of the house to laugh at him, But you know what, it didn't stop him from wearing them like that.