Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT to the Richmond County Board of Education police officer who feels the need to drive double the speed limit each morning on Doug Barnard Parkway. Today you came close to hitting me. If you can go 90 in a 45, can I?

THIS IS A RANT to the person who complained about the number of "single and unwed mothers" in the area. Did you ever consider that it takes two to make a baby and obviously the father either doesn't want to fully commit to the woman or he abandoned the mother and child? A man must have written this rant. I'm also assuming you are a Republican.

WOW. To categorize all Southern girls as having "no self-respect" is outright ignorant. If you don't like the South go back up north, where people are stereotyped as being rude and obnoxious. You'll fit right in.

AIKEN, JUST ONE COUNTY, has a school superintendent, a deputy superintendent, two associate superintendents and five assistant superintendents. That's completely absurd, and oh-so wasteful of tax money. If there are five districts, simply hire a secretary for each one. The secretaries end up doing the work anyway.

SOMEBODY BELIEVES the special purpose local option sales tax will "keep property taxes down." Don't believe it. Property owners, check your records and see if your property taxes have gone down since the SPLOST con got started. Nope! It's just one more 21st-century political con job.

IS IT NOW LEGAL to change lanes without a turn signal? I always do and always will use my turn signal. It is a courtesy to other drivers.

A HUGE RAVE to the Richmond County sheriff's department for quickly and professionally clearing downtown so everyone could get home safely after Thunder Over Augusta.

OBAMA REPORTEDLY "ordered" Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to halt all Israeli settlement building. Even Obama can't be so egotistical and so stupid that he really believes he can just issue an order to the head of another state and expect the other leader to kowtow and say, "Yes, sir."

WILL SOMEBODY please tell Dick Cheney that he is no longer in office. Go fishing, Dick!

FOR THE PAST 50 years we have been told that gas prices go up in the summer because of more driving. Now we are being told that the "summer blend" is what is driving the price up. Three cents worth of "blend" doesn't compute to a 25-cent price rise. We are getting taken by big oil again.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/21/09 - 09:23 pm
w00t

w00t

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/21/09 - 09:24 pm
*giggles (':

*giggles (':

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 09:27 pm
Keep it coming ATC, I enjoy a

Keep it coming ATC, I enjoy a good riling. I am impressed if someone can shoe my ignorance.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 09:29 pm
Nammy I think you just come

Nammy I think you just come on for the w00t. Still have no clue what a w00t is.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/21/09 - 09:34 pm
Here I'll get it for ya

Here I'll get it for ya again........lol and I do come on just for the w00t! Most of the time, at this time of night, ain't nuttin else worth botherin'....LOL. SSDD yanno? w00t---- w00t An expression of joy and excitement. Ex. I just got an A on my test. w00t! Are ya happy now? That's straight outta the Urban Dictionary.......w00t! lol (':

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 09:43 pm
wOOt! I can tolerate but that

wOOt! I can tolerate but that dang jackfruit Toot, toot, toot drives me crazy. I just want to strangle him.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/21/09 - 09:43 pm
woot is also a internet

woot is also a internet website for a retailer specialising in one a day specials

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/21/09 - 09:45 pm
Merriam-Webster's #1 Word of

Merriam-Webster's #1 Word of the Year for 2007 based on votes from visitors to our Web site:

1. w00t (interjection)

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/21/09 - 09:53 pm
Waiting On Obama's

Waiting On Obama's Taxes
Watching Obama's omniscient Teleprompter

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 09:56 pm
Well I am not w00ting, to the

Well I am not w00ting, to the bank at this time! I was last year.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 10:04 pm
The stimulus does not have my

The stimulus does not have my W00t up!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/21/09 - 10:12 pm
LOL w00t! (9:45!) Thanks

LOL w00t! (9:45!) Thanks Duke! Made my night!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/21/09 - 10:15 pm
Hahaha...I like this even

Hahaha...I like this even better! The last sentence! "Thousands of you took part in the search for Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year for 2007, and the vast majority of you chose a small word that packs a pretty big punch. The word you've selected hasn't found its way into a regular Merriam-Webster dictionary yet—but its inclusion in our online Open Dictionary, along with the top honors it's now been awarded—might just improve its chances. This year's winning word first became popular in competitive online gaming forums as part of what is known as l33t ("leet," or "elite") speak—an esoteric computer hacker language in which numbers and symbols are put together to look like letters. Although the double "o" in the word is usually represented by double zeroes, the exclamation is also known to be an acronym for "we owned the other team"—again stemming from the gaming community. "

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/21/09 - 10:30 pm
I am wooting all the way to

I am wooting all the way to SRP. The stimulus money we got is much more than what we got in the 2003 tax cuts.

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 10:56 pm
The American publics avarice

The American publics avarice for borrowing and spending what they didn't have helped precipitate this economic mess (few have savings either). What is the Obama's solution-borrow and spend what you don't have. Just brilliant!!! The problems becomes the solution. Get the impression he maybe retarded.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/21/09 - 10:56 pm
stimulus money?? sounds like

stimulus money?? sounds like a transaction with a prostitute

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 11:01 pm
Willi you must be working for

Willi you must be working for the murder babies unplanned parent hood a nonprofit org that netted almost a billion last year. No their not in it for the money. I should research how much the CEO of kill kidds parents hoodlums salary for last year. A solid funrasier for a non-profit org makes 100K.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 11:06 pm

http://rockforlife.org/blog.php?id=2137 Apperently the CEO's are broken down by state and make over 100K a year. A baby killer steals a shirt. LOL WILLI what you think?

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 05/21/09 - 11:16 pm
GALBA...yup and the GOP ought

GALBA...yup and the GOP ought to know because they certainly got what they voted for when Bush got elected twice. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." I bet Bush still doesn't know how to say that correctly, but he sure knew how to fool the GOP and rip off the citizens of this country! Looked at your pension and 401K lately? Have you been to the grocery or filled up your gas tank. All of the economic woes are courtesy of Bush and you have the nerve to blame Obama for it? Some huevos!

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 05/21/09 - 11:21 pm
Here's a laugh that's been

Here's a laugh that's been circulating on the internet, "Denny's is serving women the Octomom breakfast. It consists of 14 eggs, no sausage, and the guy in the next booth has to pay for your breakfast."

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/21/09 - 11:49 pm
I wish I was working for PP,

I wish I was working for PP, but I am not. Distance being the main factor. PP is the most pro-woman, pro-freedom non-profit known to woman. PP fights for women's freedom (unlike the anti-choicers), they fight for global human rights around the world and they CARE about women.

KSL
KSL 05/22/09 - 12:43 am
willi, give it up, please. I

willi, give it up, please. I am a woman, a lot older than you, and I don't believe I have needed anyone to fight for my rights. I have had all of the rights anyone has ever needed.

KSL
KSL 05/22/09 - 12:47 am
I have never been

I have never been discriminated against because I was a woman. I have never been denied reproductive rights or non-reproductive rights.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/22/09 - 12:56 am
evidentaly global human

evidentaly global human rights doe not apply to the unborn

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/22/09 - 08:12 am
Non-profit is misleading.

Non-profit is misleading. "Planned Parenthood receives about a third of its money in government grants and contracts ($349.6 million in FY 2008). In the 2007–08 Annual Report, clinic income totaled $374.7 million and miscellaneous operating revenues $68.9 million. Planned Parenthood is also heavily sponsored by private individuals, with over 700,000 active individual contributors. Large donors such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contribute a substantial part of the organization's budget. What is ridiculous is the same people who support abortion and apparently deny the sanctity of life is important and all life deserves dignity then get all bent out of shape because of the sanctity of life and dignity of individuals who might be tortured. How do you spell hypocrite and illogical?