Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT to the Richmond County Board of Education police officer who feels the need to drive double the speed limit each morning on Doug Barnard Parkway. Today you came close to hitting me. If you can go 90 in a 45, can I?

THIS IS A RANT to the person who complained about the number of "single and unwed mothers" in the area. Did you ever consider that it takes two to make a baby and obviously the father either doesn't want to fully commit to the woman or he abandoned the mother and child? A man must have written this rant. I'm also assuming you are a Republican.

WOW. To categorize all Southern girls as having "no self-respect" is outright ignorant. If you don't like the South go back up north, where people are stereotyped as being rude and obnoxious. You'll fit right in.

AIKEN, JUST ONE COUNTY, has a school superintendent, a deputy superintendent, two associate superintendents and five assistant superintendents. That's completely absurd, and oh-so wasteful of tax money. If there are five districts, simply hire a secretary for each one. The secretaries end up doing the work anyway.

SOMEBODY BELIEVES the special purpose local option sales tax will "keep property taxes down." Don't believe it. Property owners, check your records and see if your property taxes have gone down since the SPLOST con got started. Nope! It's just one more 21st-century political con job.

IS IT NOW LEGAL to change lanes without a turn signal? I always do and always will use my turn signal. It is a courtesy to other drivers.

A HUGE RAVE to the Richmond County sheriff's department for quickly and professionally clearing downtown so everyone could get home safely after Thunder Over Augusta.

OBAMA REPORTEDLY "ordered" Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to halt all Israeli settlement building. Even Obama can't be so egotistical and so stupid that he really believes he can just issue an order to the head of another state and expect the other leader to kowtow and say, "Yes, sir."

WILL SOMEBODY please tell Dick Cheney that he is no longer in office. Go fishing, Dick!

FOR THE PAST 50 years we have been told that gas prices go up in the summer because of more driving. Now we are being told that the "summer blend" is what is driving the price up. Three cents worth of "blend" doesn't compute to a 25-cent price rise. We are getting taken by big oil again.

KSL
KSL 05/21/09 - 05:23 pm
I say bring back The

I say bring back The Moderator. LOL.

KSL
KSL 05/21/09 - 05:24 pm
The Moderator was so good at

The Moderator was so good at convincing people to remove their own questionable posts!

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 06:03 pm
I hate blogs. If this is a

I hate blogs. If this is a blog then I'm leaving. Moderators ban people and remove posts for capricious reasons. I have a "friend" who has experienced this. Oh the inhumanity of it all. What happened to the freedom to speak your ignorant irrational mind for everyone to mock and laugh at. Jeez. Ruin all my fun. hee,hee,hee.

KSL
KSL 05/21/09 - 06:22 pm
KornDog, The Moderator was an

KornDog, The Moderator was an imposter. "You had to be there."

KSL
KSL 05/21/09 - 06:27 pm
But what you describe seems

But what you describe seems to be going on here and now. Threats and rumors of threats to have someone removed. The AC bends toward political correctness when it comes to posting. I suspect the left leaners squawk and complain the most.

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 06:39 pm
Must be a lot of posters were

Must be a lot of posters were banned though because right around Masters week a bunch of posters mysteriously disappeared I've noted. My "friend" was banned with no explanation nor ever knowing why. Someone obviously complained to prevent their freedom of speech. Some of the posters were pretty entertaining-I miss them.

KSL
KSL 05/21/09 - 06:45 pm
There are a lot of posters I

There are a lot of posters I miss. I notice that a lot of posters I would not miss are still around. And they have been equally guilty of "egregious behavior." Insults-are-us (them).

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 06:47 pm
I absolutely agree KathySue.

I absolutely agree KathySue. Bizarre. Eh.

KSL
KSL 05/21/09 - 07:15 pm
KornDog, you know Kathysue? I

KornDog, you know Kathysue? I love it.

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 07:43 pm
You have to speak up a little

You have to speak up a little Louder-milk I can't hear you. hee,hee,hee. I love it too. hee,hee,hee.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/21/09 - 07:48 pm
Did anyone see Meghan McCain

Did anyone see Meghan McCain on the Tyra Banks Show today? I applaud her for having the courage to take on the far right wing that has jacked the party in the past 29 years. It would be to the benefit of the GOP to listen to Ms. McCain.

Rose
Rose 05/21/09 - 07:49 pm
willi I did not see her.

willi I did not see her.

hmmh...
hmmh... 05/21/09 - 07:53 pm
Welll...all those LIBERAL &

Welll...all those LIBERAL & DEMOCRATS got what they wanted! An egotistical, lying, backstabbing Republican hater! Now he calls Dick back into office....Ya'll better watch out you @#*%*($( Liberals & Democrats...OBAMA MAY TURN REPUBLICAN before his 4yr term ends! :)

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 07:56 pm
The far right is all that is

The far right is all that is left in the party. The problem is moderates and conservatives need to recapture the party and appeal to younger conservatives. It needs a big shot of youthful candidates. Only by removing the old will likely supporters trust the party again. Basically the Independents voted for Obama's moderate strategy he took midway in his campaign to appeal to moderates. It worked. If the GOP can gain independents and appeal to the silent majority of 37% of registered non-voters who didn't vote last election then they would once again gain a majority. America is still moderate by majority, and Obama's liberal tendencies will eventually lose him support. The GOP needs to leave religion at the door and just appeal to moderates and conservatives on the issues. That and gain trust they aren't a bunch of liars as apparently all of Congress, the CIA, the president, etc. all are accused of being.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:18 pm
Korndog worry about your own

Korndog worry about your own party! The Republicans lost because they left out their base. Quit spewing out liberal talking points

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:18 pm
Korndog while you are at it

Korndog while you are at it go a head and tell me how to be a Christian!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:22 pm
Wili don't you have some gay

Wili don't you have some gay pride march to attend? Worry about the idiots in your own party.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/21/09 - 08:26 pm
Republicans lost for many,

Republicans lost for many, many reasons, not the least of which was the nomination of John McCain. Someone please explain to me how IOWA and NEW HAMPSHIRE are somehow representative of the conservative base of the Republican party... Um, let's see, Iowa is about as liberal and federal-subsidy-dependent as it is possible to be, and NH has open primaries, in which liberals can cross over and vote for the least appealing RINO. Gosh, with the drumbeat of "McCain is the best Republican since LINCOLN" from the NYT, CNN, you name it, it's just SHOCKING that a man who sponsored a bill banning free speech--not just ANY free speech, but free POLITICAL speech--, who partnered with Kennedy on immigration, and who has managed to alienate every conservative in the country, got nominated. No, truly, I am shocked. I mean, SURELY this is not a country in which the liberal, dinosaur media, in their last gasp at manipulating the political process before sinking into tarpits of their own making, would hoodwink the sheeple to get Mc-freaking-CAIN nominated, rather than someone CLEARLY unelectable like, oh, I don't know, Giuliani or Romney...

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 08:28 pm
Well milton accept Christ and

Well milton accept Christ and lead a Spirit filled life. I do. In any case, I missed Tyra Banks because I chose to watch Obama and Cheney make their arguments. Interesting dichotomy. I am an independent and moderate I have no party.

Taylor B
Taylor B 05/21/09 - 08:33 pm
Milton, how can you type?

Milton, how can you type? arent your fingers sore from thumping your bible all day?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:34 pm
What is a moderate?

What is a moderate?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:36 pm
ACT I just got back from

ACT I just got back from watching some kids at Christian School Graduate. I was amazed how polite and well behaved the kids were. The girls were little ladies I was impressed. It was good to see people still raise their kids with manners.

Taylor B
Taylor B 05/21/09 - 08:40 pm
Yes, children with christian

Yes, children with christian upbringing never do anything wrong.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:42 pm
I am sure they do since

I am sure they do since everyone is born with sin. The kids were impressive, at least they knew how to act in public.

Taylor B
Taylor B 05/21/09 - 08:48 pm
Okay, that's fantastic.

Okay, that's fantastic.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 08:59 pm
ACT why do you intend on

ACT why do you intend on bringing up that I am a Christian, does that offend you? Have I beat you over the head with the bible.

Taylor B
Taylor B 05/21/09 - 09:02 pm
no, you bring it up everytime

no, you bring it up everytime we argue. Plus, im christian too, i just like picking on you a little

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 09:04 pm
I'm and happy that I was

I'm and happy that I was chosen as a Christian. I am proud to be a Christain, but I am not a hypocrite. You will never see me post someone is going to hell, I am not better than any other sinner.The only difference in believers and non-bleivers is forgiveness from God. I know a few Atheist, who live moral lives and are good people. We agree to disagree and move on to other subjects.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/21/09 - 09:07 pm
ACT, what good is it if I

ACT, what good is it if I only talk to people I agree with! I enjoy those that disagree with me. Its hard to tell in my post, because this is in black and white with out the facial and vocal expressions.

Taylor B
Taylor B 05/21/09 - 09:08 pm
Cool. Still going to rile you

Cool. Still going to rile you every once in a while.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...