Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT to the Richmond County Board of Education police officer who feels the need to drive double the speed limit each morning on Doug Barnard Parkway. Today you came close to hitting me. If you can go 90 in a 45, can I?

THIS IS A RANT to the person who complained about the number of "single and unwed mothers" in the area. Did you ever consider that it takes two to make a baby and obviously the father either doesn't want to fully commit to the woman or he abandoned the mother and child? A man must have written this rant. I'm also assuming you are a Republican.

WOW. To categorize all Southern girls as having "no self-respect" is outright ignorant. If you don't like the South go back up north, where people are stereotyped as being rude and obnoxious. You'll fit right in.

AIKEN, JUST ONE COUNTY, has a school superintendent, a deputy superintendent, two associate superintendents and five assistant superintendents. That's completely absurd, and oh-so wasteful of tax money. If there are five districts, simply hire a secretary for each one. The secretaries end up doing the work anyway.

SOMEBODY BELIEVES the special purpose local option sales tax will "keep property taxes down." Don't believe it. Property owners, check your records and see if your property taxes have gone down since the SPLOST con got started. Nope! It's just one more 21st-century political con job.

IS IT NOW LEGAL to change lanes without a turn signal? I always do and always will use my turn signal. It is a courtesy to other drivers.

A HUGE RAVE to the Richmond County sheriff's department for quickly and professionally clearing downtown so everyone could get home safely after Thunder Over Augusta.

OBAMA REPORTEDLY "ordered" Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to halt all Israeli settlement building. Even Obama can't be so egotistical and so stupid that he really believes he can just issue an order to the head of another state and expect the other leader to kowtow and say, "Yes, sir."

WILL SOMEBODY please tell Dick Cheney that he is no longer in office. Go fishing, Dick!

FOR THE PAST 50 years we have been told that gas prices go up in the summer because of more driving. Now we are being told that the "summer blend" is what is driving the price up. Three cents worth of "blend" doesn't compute to a 25-cent price rise. We are getting taken by big oil again.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:25 am
Calling people on their

Calling people on their ignorance has become a full time occupation and is never done. I yearn for the days of the past when a person, when proven wrong, was inspired to admit error and learn truth. This is the only way to build character, that trait that is omitted from the "majority" of people today. I fear not being proven wrong, for it is an opportunity to learn and become more knowledgeable. I don't fear failure for the same reason.

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 09:25 am
Good morning Tujeez!

Good morning Tujeez!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:26 am
Nicolae Carpathia.

Nicolae Carpathia.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/21/09 - 09:26 am
If you democrats hadn't

If you democrats hadn't started threatening Bush administration officials and continuing to put Bush down for everything (even though Obama is keeping a lot of it) Cheney would have been gone instead of having to defend the administration. Don't expect Washington democrats to badmouth everyone and someone not respond to it.

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 05/21/09 - 09:28 am
Nicolae Jetty Carpathia is a

Nicolae Jetty Carpathia is a fictional character and the primary antagonist in the Left Behind book series written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins

Carpathia is the Antichrist, and leader of the Global Community, a world government which he ultimately marshals against the followers of Jesus Christ.

SusieQ
SusieQ 05/21/09 - 09:28 am
It seems as though Obama is

It seems as though Obama is trying to take over the credit card business also. If they add a yearly fee to my credit card every year I will definitely cancel my card. To me this is punishment to one that has good credit. I use it for convenience and pay it in full the day I receive my bill. I however do believe they have a very high interest rate. Does this person (OBAMA) think he's a KING???

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/21/09 - 09:29 am
Nicolae Carpathia. Posted by

Nicolae Carpathia. Posted by ITDoc on Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 AM - In other words the ANTI-CHRIST.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:30 am
I disagreed with many of

I disagreed with many of Bushwacked actions while in office. I have a long record of doing so. That being said (but never acknowledged by those who would attack me), Mr. Bush has displayed the utmost class by not criticising any of Ocarpathia's actions. He has continued to honor the tradition of former Presidents in this manner and his choice to do so is highly commendable. Too bad Ocarpathia has waffled in his adherence to this tradition since "blaming Bush" has such an integral role in maintaining his popularity.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:32 am
Susie: the "grace period"

Susie: the "grace period" credit cards currently offer (you can use it interest free as long as you pay in full monthly) is already being rescinded by many lenders. After all, we're "deadbeats" in their parlance. Interest will accrue from the moment of purchase.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 05/21/09 - 09:35 am
I for one am glad the

I for one am glad the "flaming" screamer singing is over with. I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard than listen to that sissy attempt to sing.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 05/21/09 - 09:37 am
Posted by Tujeez on Thu May

Posted by Tujeez on Thu May 21, 2009 9:25 AM

One day, I WILL make this list. One day...............

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:38 am
Carpathia: Attractive,

Carpathia: Attractive, charismatic, unifier, modest, humble, knowledgeable, inexperienced, virtual unknown who rose to power.... you must draw your own conclusions, if able to do so.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:40 am
Now if the Rapture were to

Now if the Rapture were to occur soon, I may just go all the way with my analogy.... but I wouldn't be here to say I told you so.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/21/09 - 09:47 am
ITDoc, He HAS no choice but

ITDoc, He HAS no choice but to beat the departed favorite "dead horse"of his Democratic Brethren. THEY ARE IN CONTROL, so they must drag their favorite bash bag along to have someone to blame everything that they do wrong on. If their actions return favorably, it's their triumph...if their actions return void....It's Bush's Fault. People keep asking, "When are they (the Dems) going to do something?" They have SPENT all of the money up front.....They CAN'T do anything else but sit on their hands. China won't lend them anymore money. When the new tax table and schedules come out for next years taxes, they'll finally figure out the ruse. But it'll be the GOP's Fault for not supporting the Obam's Agenda....

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 09:48 am
pirate - I can almost hear

pirate - I can almost hear your "moohoohahahaha" after your 9:37 post. LOL

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 09:49 am
Tuj: DEM/GOP all the same to

Tuj: DEM/GOP all the same to me. "Blame someone else but don't blame me." All of us own part of the blame, and all of us are part of the solution. Too bad the "majority" don't feel like they should have to suffer any repercussions of their poor decision making skills.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/21/09 - 10:03 am
Look for an immediate jump in

Look for an immediate jump in consumer prices and you'll know the new corporate tax schedules have arrived.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/21/09 - 10:05 am
Morning Nammy! , Galba ,

Morning Nammy! , Galba , Tujeez and Jsquared !!! Morning Everybody !!! have a good day ...

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/21/09 - 10:07 am
Mutiny From Without? Me

Mutiny From Without? Me thinks they call that a siege....

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 10:08 am
Prices will rise due to

Prices will rise due to devalued dollar at the same time unemployment skyrockets. Taxes on businesses will increase at the same time buying decreases. Guess those "entitlement dollars" will be more valuable? Didn't someone forecast these exact results BEFORE Ocarpathia got elected?

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 05/21/09 - 10:09 am
Lippy............Yup.......LO

Lippy............Yup.......LOL Me thinks me should start a conflict with someone and then I'll be list material. Until then, the beatings will continue until I am on the 'morning list!

freedombelle
freedombelle 05/21/09 - 10:29 am
One SERIOUS question folks..I

One SERIOUS question folks..I keep seeing the name nomoreglowintatas, I have read some post from glowintatas in the past and gathered that she was having chemo & is a nice person..please tell me why I don't see her posts on here anymore...I do NOT read here every day only occasionally..Thanks

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/21/09 - 10:31 am
Will someone disagree with IT

Will someone disagree with IT so he'll shut up. Who made Libby keeper of the flame. I must say you all make my day. I can't start it without reading the OPINIONS posted.

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 10:34 am
I did. LOL - j/k your

I did. LOL - j/k your majesty.

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 05/21/09 - 10:38 am
Pirate- there are other

Pirate- there are other requirements to make the morning list.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/21/09 - 10:39 am
Good I would hate to have to

Good I would hate to have to have you beheaded. j/k, LOL

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/21/09 - 10:52 am
I agree with the rant about

I agree with the rant about Big Oil taking us. I think that everyone who feels as I do should lobby our representatives to repeal the law that FORCES us to buy Big Oil's products!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/21/09 - 11:04 am
Ah the list....In truth, me

Ah the list....In truth, me thinks I invented the list to recognize certain individuals I share camaraderie with. It has grown into a point of speculation, a "clique" of sorts, a kinship, deplored by some, enjoyed by others and no doubt, debated by many who remain unencompassed by its borders. I'm sure there are macabre rumors circulated as to its intentions, innerworkings, and its wildly bizarre initiation rituals. As such, it remains an enigma, perfectly perplexing the un-initiated, and stimulating the imagination of the un-named. Maybe its a cult, perhaps a fad, a fancy that refuses to pass....... In simple truth, it is what it is....just a list....

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/21/09 - 11:07 am
ITDoc, "Ocaparthia" sounds

ITDoc, "Ocaparthia" sounds like the name of a Greek god. Should we build an idol and temple then start daily worship? You only have to pay a tithe if you make over 250K a year. I like the speech where he proclaimed "Come to me oh poor and downtrodden, and I will fix your ills by crushing and dominating the greedy neocon oppressors". Great speech. You know its like Rick Warren says "its not about you" its about Ocarparthia! Get with it Dude.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 11:08 am
I'll shut up when Americans

I'll shut up when Americans take responsibility for their own deficiencies. In other words: never.