Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT to the Richmond County Board of Education police officer who feels the need to drive double the speed limit each morning on Doug Barnard Parkway. Today you came close to hitting me. If you can go 90 in a 45, can I?

THIS IS A RANT to the person who complained about the number of "single and unwed mothers" in the area. Did you ever consider that it takes two to make a baby and obviously the father either doesn't want to fully commit to the woman or he abandoned the mother and child? A man must have written this rant. I'm also assuming you are a Republican.

WOW. To categorize all Southern girls as having "no self-respect" is outright ignorant. If you don't like the South go back up north, where people are stereotyped as being rude and obnoxious. You'll fit right in.

AIKEN, JUST ONE COUNTY, has a school superintendent, a deputy superintendent, two associate superintendents and five assistant superintendents. That's completely absurd, and oh-so wasteful of tax money. If there are five districts, simply hire a secretary for each one. The secretaries end up doing the work anyway.

SOMEBODY BELIEVES the special purpose local option sales tax will "keep property taxes down." Don't believe it. Property owners, check your records and see if your property taxes have gone down since the SPLOST con got started. Nope! It's just one more 21st-century political con job.

IS IT NOW LEGAL to change lanes without a turn signal? I always do and always will use my turn signal. It is a courtesy to other drivers.

A HUGE RAVE to the Richmond County sheriff's department for quickly and professionally clearing downtown so everyone could get home safely after Thunder Over Augusta.

OBAMA REPORTEDLY "ordered" Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to halt all Israeli settlement building. Even Obama can't be so egotistical and so stupid that he really believes he can just issue an order to the head of another state and expect the other leader to kowtow and say, "Yes, sir."

WILL SOMEBODY please tell Dick Cheney that he is no longer in office. Go fishing, Dick!

FOR THE PAST 50 years we have been told that gas prices go up in the summer because of more driving. Now we are being told that the "summer blend" is what is driving the price up. Three cents worth of "blend" doesn't compute to a 25-cent price rise. We are getting taken by big oil again.

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/21/09 - 07:22 am
That is right, he is just

That is right, he is just that " A private citizen". Free to speak his, your word, " Mind", but also free to be ignored.

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/21/09 - 07:23 am
I thought Bush, killed all of

I thought Bush, killed all of the Terrorists?

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:23 am
Congress votes to block

Congress votes to block funding to close Gitmo prison. Apparently, even members of the DEM party are no longer willing to follow Ocarpathia in lock step. The light at the end of the tunnel may not be a train after all.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:25 am
Five Alabama police officers

Five Alabama police officers fired after beating suspect. This is a horrible abuse of power by those policemen. Pleasing to see them being held accoutable. It will be wonderful to witness our current leadership in DC being held accountable for their daily abuse of power in 2010, 2012.

1941
1941 05/21/09 - 07:26 am
Re Ordered; Iran feels the

Re Ordered; Iran feels the same way!!!!

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/21/09 - 07:26 am
Evidently not. You and your

Evidently not. You and your gang are on here daily, whining and crying.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:28 am
Stock markets around the

Stock markets around the world fell last night, in reaction to the Federal Reserve meeting of April, in which they forecast the gloomy economy will continue to shrink well into 2011. Since unemployment lags behind any recovery, many of Ocarpathia's supporters will be able to work for his re-election in 2012. They will no longer have jobs (if they had them at all).

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/21/09 - 07:29 am
Don't forget 2000-2008.

Don't forget 2000-2008.

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/21/09 - 07:30 am
ITDOC, sounds more like a FOX

ITDOC, sounds more like a FOX News puppet. Later for you. Seek help for what you have.

anotherday
anotherday 05/21/09 - 07:31 am
and yet, colcamp1 you are

and yet, colcamp1 you are commenting..

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:32 am
Dream Works studio has put

Dream Works studio has put plans for a movie of the life of Martin Luther King Jr on hold due to squabbling amongst the surviving children of the civil rights icon. It's obvious MLK's superior character and devotion to those less fortunate was not passed by genetics to his offspring. It seems they're only concerned with I gots mines. At least they're part of the majority of people now....

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 05/21/09 - 07:32 am
Bill Clinton is no longer in

Bill Clinton is no longer in office either. He may be fishing but off whose dock?

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:35 am
Seek help for a superior

Seek help for a superior intellect and having achieved success on my own terms? The only hope to cure that is Ocarpathia, isn't that why you support him? You certainly cannot support Ocarpathia due to his policies, since he has flopped on so many issues. Do share with us the successful results of ANY of Ocarpathia's actions.

anotherday
anotherday 05/21/09 - 07:36 am
If you got rid of some of the

If you got rid of some of the top-heavy gatekeepers of the BOE you would not only reduce the deficit but allow growth of great ideas of some teachers. Ask them.

anotherday
anotherday 05/21/09 - 07:40 am
Do you know how many meetings

Do you know how many meetings I have been to with board employees for my child just to plan another meeting? Yet we play "let's chase our tail another year" and "maybe Mom really is stupid she won't ever figure it out".

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 07:44 am
Doc - colcamp doesn't know

Doc - colcamp doesn't know what policies you are speaking of...in fact colcamp doesn't know much of anything.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:51 am
lol G'day Mrs. Lippy. Hope

lol G'day Mrs. Lippy. Hope you and your passengers are happy and well this day.

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/21/09 - 07:52 am
Lippy, I respect ladies. Now

Lippy, I respect ladies. Now you are a different thing. However out of respect for females I will not comment. I know what you are all about and I know your fellow gang are waiting to ride to your rescue. Considering your, for lack of a better word, delicate condition.

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 07:52 am
We are, thank you!

We are, thank you!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 07:55 am
From a Richmond County

From a Richmond County employee: "If those people on the Rants and Raves think we're 'overpaid lazy people', I challenge them to come try and put up with the dregs we deal with without losing their cool for just one hour. They'd quit in disgust. Stupid people who ignore huge signs directing them to turn off cellphones. Horrid parents who allow children to run throughout offices without the slightest attempt to control them." There, I said it for you :-)

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 07:56 am
If I'm wrong, prove me wrong.

If I'm wrong, prove me wrong. Answer Doc's question colcamp. Oh, and w00t...turn the page! :o)

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 08:01 am
Hey I'm wrong every single

Hey I'm wrong every single day, after all: I'm married :)

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 08:03 am
People who voted for

People who voted for Ocarpthia based upon his campaign promises are no longer vocal supporters. People who voted for Ocarpathia based upon one sole reason will defend him regardless of the personal pain they suffer as a result of their choice. Losers lose, winners win. No politician can legislate success for any individual. Make the odds as steep as you wish, I'll win, it's what I do. Deal with it.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 08:09 am
Back to the news.... A group

Back to the news.... A group of people, with assistance from the ACLU (go figure) are attempting to prevent use of the "strip search" technology to prevent dangerous items on airplanes. Seems this group is concerned the images will somehow become public and be "embarassing". Given that most Americans are obese, I can see why they'd be "embarassed" but cannot understand why they aren't embarassed buying 2 Big Macs, Supersize fries, 2 sundaes and a Diet Coke? Yup, I've never been fat, I have no pity on those who are either. I can hardly wait for the outrage of all the fat Ocarpathia supporters when the "sugar" taxes are enacted.

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/21/09 - 08:09 am
Lippy is tough. She can take

Lippy is tough. She can take it. Let her have it!!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/21/09 - 08:11 am
Ocarpathia is brilliant:

Ocarpathia is brilliant: spend like there's no tomorrow. The next administration will have NO CHOICE but increase taxes to pay those debts. Then the following electoral cycle, another poser can run against the tax increases as if they were the fault of the other guys. Simply brilliant, King of The World Ocarpathia.

leoswife
leoswife 05/21/09 - 08:19 am
A HUGE RAVE for the new

A HUGE RAVE for the new cleaning service and staff at the Columbia County government offices. They are awesome! They have a hello and smile every morning!

Lippy
Lippy 05/21/09 - 08:19 am
Thank you justthefacts! I am

Thank you justthefacts! I am tough and I can take it, and regardless of what colcamp thinks - I am a lady, with class. I just get so sick and tired of ignorance and call people on it! But I say bring it on!

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 05/21/09 - 08:24 am
Where did the "Ocarpathia"

Where did the "Ocarpathia" come from?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/21/09 - 08:25 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *hurlyburly11, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!