Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CATS ARE PESTS and here's why: Cats will poop and pee in flower beds, in vegetable gardens, on the floor and children's sandboxes, leave dander all over, kill birds roosting in trees at night, leave hair all over the place, leave tracks on cars, scratch furniture, climb on roofs and kill frogs. If you love your cat, keep it away from your neighbors and animal control won't pick it up.

A RAVE FOR the Bell Auditorium for bringing Gordon Lightfoot to Augusta. It was the best concert I've attended in many years. Thank you, Mr. Lightfoot, for the best wedding anniversary gift I've ever received, and thank you to my husband for 42 wonderful years.

I KNOW WHY the Republicans are crying and whining so much. It's because they know that they were wrong in supporting that appointed liar Bush. President Obama has so much more class then the Bushites. President Obama is going to lead the country back to the greatness we had before the Republican years.

OBAMA SAYS "Americans know they ... (must) live within their means and pay what they owe." At the same time he pushes for easier credit for those who are too stupid to realize that. He blames the problem on credit card companies that were forced by government to give cards to lousy credit risks. Now the credit card companies have to come up with ways to protect their investments, and Obama calls the companies the bad guys. That's a lie, and Obama knows it's a lie.

I HATE TO SEE people out of work, but I am glad to see the auto industry suffer. The price for a car is ridiculous. The housing market is the same way. Medicine, drugs, gas, insurance ... poor people can't survive so I hope it gets so bad that a new car costs $3,500 again and a house is $15,000 or less.

WHAT AN IDIOT! This is for the lady driving the gray Mazda convertible on Saturday. I hope you got where you were going safely after cutting through the gas station at Evans to Locks and Belair roads and then cutting through the Lowe's parking lot like a crazy person!

TO THE PERSON who says that posting the county salaries shows that county workers get paid for doing nothing, I'd like to say get real! You are probably drawing disability for a hangnail and are too lazy to work!

RANTS TO THE VAN that passed me on old Wrightsboro on a double yellow with oncoming traffic. Had I or the car coming toward us sneezed we would all be dead today.

TO THE RANTER who said that "single unwed mothers" have no self-respect. Why didn't you also rant about the single unwed fathers? Unless these girls got pregnant by themselves, there are just as many single unwed fathers out there.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 08:49 pm
I've also paid Social

I've also paid Social Security tax all my life, knowing that I'd never get a dime back. I've established private retirement funds to ensure I'd have income. If you want something ruined, let government run it.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 08:50 pm
Daddyrabbit if were not a

Daddyrabbit if were not a socialist system you would have inherited your mothers savings withheld by the Government. The Goverment holds tens of thousands of my money paid in, and I want it back. I am smarter than the Goverment I could make that money grow at a min. 6% in a CD. Better what the fed is going to give me.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 08:51 pm
I guess you can only post

I guess you can only post what "rose" approves of now.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 08:53 pm
Princess Pelosi will be run

Princess Pelosi will be run out of Congress. Radical Reid will find himself alone. Oblowaspeechwithoutateleprompter will be a disgrace, and all those "downtrodden" people who support them will still be losers. It's what they do best.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 08:54 pm
ITDOC i agree it is a shame

ITDOC i agree it is a shame that people who are smart with money have to waist sending their retirement to the government. Off the top of my head I believe we pay 7.5% in SS. On top of that I have to put back 15% after taxes for my own retirement. I am getting screwed. That is not including what my employer pays. So that is more money that I could have in my pocket.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 08:55 pm
Some posters (not referring

Some posters (not referring to anyone in particular) just hate it because they've allowed themselves to be identified in the Augusta Chronicle, which allows others to research and learn exactly what type of scum they actually are.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 08:57 pm
I will glady subsidize others

I will glady subsidize others on SS. It's the debt I pay to live in the (formerly) greatest nation on Earth. One day soon, we'll be that nation again.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 08:59 pm
They want kick Nancy out! She

They want kick Nancy out! She is a blackmailer to be PC whitemailer. Nancy has the dirt and that is how she got the power. They are terrified what she will do to them if she loses power. She is not a conservative who would step down with honor, by admitting their mistake.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 09:01 pm
Didn't you know, only

Didn't you know, only REP/Conservatives ever make mistakes? Progressive/Socialist/DEMS only make "errors in recollection". They both are corrupt and need removed. This nation needs to restore the "you made your bed now you lie in it" that SOME of our mother's taught us. This nation also needs to treat the masochists amongst us who will side with any "downtrodden" subsection of society to justify their own low self esteem (not speaking of any particular person).

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:10 pm
ITdoc, I think when its all

ITdoc, I think when its all said and done the Majority will speak one way or another. We are not Canadians or Europeans, we are Americans, who enjoy freedom and not oppression from the government.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 09:10 pm
What truly [filtered word] me off

What truly [filtered word] me off about these people on here? (not referring to any particular person) I actually have posted my agreement with some of the actions of Obama, yet they are not acknowledged. The ardent supporters of this passer only support him for one reason, the reason that cannot be mentioned here without being deleted by a certain self appointed moderator.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:11 pm
ITdoc. Have you notice when

ITdoc. Have you notice when the TRUTH is spoken the liberals and progressives scatter.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 09:13 pm
Hoping for the "majority" to

Hoping for the "majority" to do something is beyond my capability, Milton. I have lived my life believing the "majority" of people were good. I have believed the "majority" of people are ambitious, want to earn the best quality of life possible for themselves and leave a legacy for their children. The election of Obobblehead has destroyed that belief. I now believe the "majority" of people just want to achieve the success which I've worked all my life to obtain without any effort. May they be damned. I win, it's what I do. I'm good at it and will never apologize for it.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:14 pm
People robbed on republican

People robbed on republican road?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:20 pm
People fell for the

People fell for the victimization philosophy, victims never win. Everyone has hurdles to jump through and doors to push open. People who make excuses are losers. People said I would never make it, and those people today, I laugh at, because they didn't make it. I had a coach tell me I would never amount to anything. I would love to show him how much more successful I am then him. He was just a miserable fat man who didn't know anything but sports. It could have been his insecure words that pushed me to achieve that much more. I can't even remember his name.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 09:21 pm
I don't walk the "republican

I don't walk the "republican road" anymore than I walk the "democrat road". Partisan politics are passe and need to be replaced by common everyday Americans who believe in self responsibility and are not afraid to proclaim so. I pay my bills, if you cannot pay yours then you need to fail. It's just that simple. And when you fail, you shall suffer the ill effects of your failure. That is character building. America is experiencing the lack of character of our citizens. If something is not done, and that right soon, we'll all be learning the Chinese of our new masters quickly.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/20/09 - 09:22 pm
I had a coach tell me I would

I had a coach tell me I would never amount to anything. I would love to show him how much more successful I am then him.... today, that coach wouldn't say that for fear of lawsuit. We are a nation of pansies, I submit certain posters (not naming particular posters) as proof. (I am growing very tired of typing that disclaimer).

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:31 pm
That was the day the coaches

That was the day the coaches would jack you up against the wall for looking at them wrong. That was the early nineties, things have changed quickly. We have been brain washed into thinking if we did not vote for one of the two parties the other would have the congressional power. I will no longer fall for that lie, I will sign my own name before i will vote for a person just because they have a D or an R beside their name.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:32 pm
people research and create

people research and create you own ideas do not copy and paste what you read, hear, or see! yes i was screaming.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 09:33 pm
Hmm they have a filter for

Hmm they have a filter for all caps!

justus5
justus5 05/20/09 - 10:32 pm
the election is over,

the election is over, therefore, all questioning of obama must cease or you are a racist!!!!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/20/09 - 11:35 pm
Justus by that logic all the

Justus by that logic all the questioning of bush on your part was racist

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 05/21/09 - 12:05 am
Okay, first a baby bird was

Okay, first a baby bird was sitting on my windowsill yesterday morning, ignoring the birdfeeder and looking inside my window instead. It was nearly grown, but still saying peep peep. Then today, I look outside and every feral cat I've ever seen in the area, is sitting in a half circle looking in my window from my backyard. I didn't write that first rant today, yeow'll. And I'm not and have not been feeding them, so what's the draw? So tomorrow I'm going to stand where they were sitting and see if I can figure out what they found so fascinatin' about the view into my window. Weird cat behavior. Maybe they were waiting for that baby bird to come back "for lunch" or "dinner".

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 05/21/09 - 12:06 am
when did justus turn 5? he

when did justus turn 5? he used to be justus4.

KSL