Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CATS ARE PESTS and here's why: Cats will poop and pee in flower beds, in vegetable gardens, on the floor and children's sandboxes, leave dander all over, kill birds roosting in trees at night, leave hair all over the place, leave tracks on cars, scratch furniture, climb on roofs and kill frogs. If you love your cat, keep it away from your neighbors and animal control won't pick it up.

A RAVE FOR the Bell Auditorium for bringing Gordon Lightfoot to Augusta. It was the best concert I've attended in many years. Thank you, Mr. Lightfoot, for the best wedding anniversary gift I've ever received, and thank you to my husband for 42 wonderful years.

I KNOW WHY the Republicans are crying and whining so much. It's because they know that they were wrong in supporting that appointed liar Bush. President Obama has so much more class then the Bushites. President Obama is going to lead the country back to the greatness we had before the Republican years.

OBAMA SAYS "Americans know they ... (must) live within their means and pay what they owe." At the same time he pushes for easier credit for those who are too stupid to realize that. He blames the problem on credit card companies that were forced by government to give cards to lousy credit risks. Now the credit card companies have to come up with ways to protect their investments, and Obama calls the companies the bad guys. That's a lie, and Obama knows it's a lie.

I HATE TO SEE people out of work, but I am glad to see the auto industry suffer. The price for a car is ridiculous. The housing market is the same way. Medicine, drugs, gas, insurance ... poor people can't survive so I hope it gets so bad that a new car costs $3,500 again and a house is $15,000 or less.

WHAT AN IDIOT! This is for the lady driving the gray Mazda convertible on Saturday. I hope you got where you were going safely after cutting through the gas station at Evans to Locks and Belair roads and then cutting through the Lowe's parking lot like a crazy person!

TO THE PERSON who says that posting the county salaries shows that county workers get paid for doing nothing, I'd like to say get real! You are probably drawing disability for a hangnail and are too lazy to work!

RANTS TO THE VAN that passed me on old Wrightsboro on a double yellow with oncoming traffic. Had I or the car coming toward us sneezed we would all be dead today.

TO THE RANTER who said that "single unwed mothers" have no self-respect. Why didn't you also rant about the single unwed fathers? Unless these girls got pregnant by themselves, there are just as many single unwed fathers out there.

Comments (236)

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 05/20/09 - 02:36 pm

milton1874 @ 6:56 Congress

milton1874 @ 6:56 Congress has been really busy investigating steroid use by basebal players. The important stuff has to be investigated first.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 05/20/09 - 02:40 pm

Obama haters, Blah,Blah,Blah,

Obama haters, Blah,Blah,Blah, everyday.Nero, likes giving us quotes from the famous and the imfamous. Here's one, I hope you like it. You ain't nothing but a hounddog, crying all the time. You ain't nothing but a hounddog and you ain't no friend of mine.Elvis Presley

Jsquared
Jsquared 05/20/09 - 02:45 pm

Colcamp1 actually I can start

Colcamp1 actually I can start on the missus' and regardless of who she has been to see or ever will be to see the inappropriateness of gifts that she and he have presented here and abroad show little class and even less taste. Videos, Iphones, model AF1 copters are tacky beyond belief. We won't mention that the missus broke the protocal of not touching the Queen, her tastless and inexcusable wearing of shoes that cost more than the total food she packaged, her desire to be a celebrity wh^$e and who knows what else..

Jsquared
Jsquared 05/20/09 - 02:46 pm

Nero, I see that you are

Nero, I see that you are looking to end-up in the world of the banned....................LOL

corgimom
19159
corgimom 05/20/09 - 02:48 pm

Did anyone see the View today

Did anyone see the View today and how that Fox News commentator was proven to be a flat-out liar about Barbara Walters? Even Elisabeth Hasselbeck couldn't defend him. Barbara ripped him a new one. It was Glenn Beck. Whoopi called him "a lying sack of dog mess".

elliottness
elliottness 05/20/09 - 03:10 pm

so you liked my post jack?

so you liked my post jack? why was it deleted? i wanted trouble and milty to see it.i have my paperwork it's all in a shoebox in a closet somewhere. also women will go for you regardless of what you have on or don't have on. it's all about charm, friend, and some nice looks.sorry you were shortchanged but that's more for me,loser!

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/20/09 - 03:16 pm

J to the second power, to

J to the second power, to answer your question, yes, giving Queen Elizabeth an iPhone is class, since technology is changing. Remember that Queen Elizabeth is a digital alien.

Rose
Rose 05/20/09 - 03:17 pm

Elliott I saw no reason why

Elliott I saw no reason why AC removed your 9:58 comment.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/20/09 - 03:18 pm

Fox News and the GOP are all

Fox News and the GOP are all sorry sack of liars. Here's to getting rid of the rest of the conservatives in DC starting in 2010.

corgimom
19159
corgimom 05/20/09 - 03:31 pm

I want to see the women that

I want to see the women that are attracted to Yonce's charm. *snort*

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/20/09 - 03:35 pm

Sorry sack of liars? You must

Sorry sack of liars? You must be talking about Pelosi, even the democratic cabinet member over the CIA said so and Obama Man since he is keeping numerous Bush policies that he said he would do away with.

corgimom
19159
corgimom 05/20/09 - 03:48 pm

I saw the clip, Glenn Beck

I saw the clip, Glenn Beck flat-out lied about Barbara Walters and he admitted it. Ugh.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/20/09 - 03:51 pm

What, did he say that she was

What, did he say that she was intelligent?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/20/09 - 03:54 pm

Well, at least he admitted

Well, at least he admitted it. Pelosi still denys it. If you have ever listened to Glenn Beck he also makes sure he says that he is not a journalist (reporter) and all views (views, not news) are his own. Reporters, who are supposed to give us the unbiased truth have not done that since Obama came on the scene.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/20/09 - 03:54 pm

lol, CBBP

lol, CBBP

corgimom
19159
corgimom 05/20/09 - 03:59 pm

I have views, too, but to

I have views, too, but to out-and-out lie about someone? I don't need to lie about people. What was that about, anyway? What a small person he is. How unseemly, for one adult to lie about another. Yuck. I didn't even know who he was- I don't watch cable news- but this wasn't about his views, he was relating an incident that didn't happen how he said it did. How immature and disgusting. He's just two-faced.

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 04:20 pm

"What do you think a stimulus

"What do you think a stimulus is? It's spending - that's the whole point! Seriously."
- Barack Obama w00t!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/20/09 - 04:23 pm

God Bless it! And I was

God Bless it! And I was sitting right here waiting! CRAP! oh well......

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/20/09 - 04:28 pm

How in hell do you blame the

How in hell do you blame the President about the condition of the helicopters that he inherited? As for touching the Queen or not, that is between her and the queen, not some butt hole in Augusta. I guess she could have always vomited on her. Bottom line, stuff happens and only the anal retentive of us all, will make a mountain, out of a mole hill.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 04:29 pm

Nero...but then, THEN, they

Nero...but then, THEN, they brag about how they're able to spend less to get all these projects done...I swear to Obama, I don't know how liberals can even get around, holding all these self-evident contradictions in their heads. ----"We're going to spend a HUGE pile of money we don't have, in order to create more wealth, the more/fast we spend, the better, BUT, we're so happy that we're spending less on this project, that project" (ummm...then how is it "stimulative"?)----"48% of Americans think that their income tax rate is about right BUT 49% of Americans effectively pay zero tax" (yeah...I think that the tax i paid on my lovemonkey getaway with Maria Sharapova was about right, too...)----"We have to pass all the stimulus spending right this very second or else unemployment will go to 8.8% and automakers will go bankrupt BUT when the index goes to 8.9% and 2 of the big 3 go bankrupt, it's because the stimulus is working!"----"George W. Bush was the worst ever - $5T in debt, Guantanamo, military commissions BUT Barack Obama is a demigod because of $2T in DEFICIT, Guantanamo, military commissions"

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 04:29 pm

That exact comment will

That exact comment will return one day - not to fear.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 04:34 pm

I mean, it's pretty sad when

I mean, it's pretty sad when the president gets CREDIT for not releasing photos that would have damaged national security... Wasn't it Chris Rock who used to tear into dads who said, "I take CARE of MY kids!" And Rock would say, "You're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids! You don't get a gold star for that!" I can just see all the Obama supporters, "Our president did NOT release photos that would help train al-Qaida operatives on how to resist American interrogation!" Here...take your gold star and shut up. How about, "Our president did NOT force private companies to take $ they did not need or want and then attach ex post facto conditions to that money, our president did NOT force preferred stock investors to take $.29 on the dollar while giving the UAW $.55 on the dollar plus ownership of half the company, our president did NOT break his promise to post legislation for 5 days before signing it, did NOT break his 'no lobbyists' promise, did NOT break his 'I will veto any earmarks' promise, and did NOT brag about $17Bn in 'savings' after ridiculing McCain for proposing 'only' $18Bn..." Well, I guess you'd have to get Pelosi to say all those things...her pants are already on fire...

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 04:40 pm

The government is now bailing

The government is now bailing out insurance companies. Billions are going to insurance companies to keep them from collapsing. Too bad they didn't have insurance. - Jay Leno

Rose
Rose 05/20/09 - 05:43 pm

Congress on Wednesday sent to

Congress on Wednesday sent to President Obama a bill that makes it tougher for credit card issuers to raise fees and interest rates.

The move caps a years-long crusade by consumer groups and Democrats to rein in what they say are abusive practices that prey on consumers. The approval came despite strong objections by banking industry advocates, who say it could result in tightened credit to Americans.

The House voted 361-64 in favor and also approved by 279-147 an unrelated measure allowing people to carry guns into national parks.

The Senate passed the credit card bill, along with the unrelated gun measure, by a 90-5 vote on Tuesday.

President Obama will sign the bill on Friday, a White House spokeswoman told CNN.

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 05:45 pm

Rose - You should read the

Rose - You should read the details of it. You'll never get another credit card. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s111-414&version=rs&nid=

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 05:49 pm

Anyway, one good thing came

Anyway, one good thing came outta that bill. It allows us to carry firearms in national parks.

inkpup
inkpup 05/20/09 - 05:53 pm

...and senator DiFi wants to

...and senator DiFi wants to bring those damned detainees from Club Gitmo to the states. I say fine, let'em stay at HER crib. Ahnold Schvarhtzenggah can come over and grill out for 'em on weekends. Pelosi can provide the conjugality too. And we needs TARP (read that 'Obama money') funds for minority owned broadcasting stations. Minority ONLY now. It jes keeps gettin bettah.

Rose
Rose 05/20/09 - 05:54 pm

I don't want a credit card.

I don't want a credit card. we refuse to use a credit card.

inkpup
inkpup 05/20/09 - 05:59 pm

So Obiwan gonna crack down on

So Obiwan gonna crack down on credit card outfits too. They'll be no such thing as a card without a yearly fee and you'll pay an increased interest rate from the date of purchase henceforth. No mo grace period. That'll fix 'em!! Uh, No it screws us. But then with this bunch you expected bettah?

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 05:59 pm

inkpup - The Dems have

inkpup - The Dems have refused to fund the closure of Gitmo or allow the transfer of any of the detainees to CONUS. Neato, ehh? I guess with San Fran Nan's self-emolation she feels like she can be the top female dog from Calif.

Regents approve tuition hikes

DAHLONEGA, Ga. - Tuition is going up for Georgia students at all 31 state colleges and universities under a budget plan approved Tuesday by the state Board of Regents, including the largest ...