Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CATS ARE PESTS and here's why: Cats will poop and pee in flower beds, in vegetable gardens, on the floor and children's sandboxes, leave dander all over, kill birds roosting in trees at night, leave hair all over the place, leave tracks on cars, scratch furniture, climb on roofs and kill frogs. If you love your cat, keep it away from your neighbors and animal control won't pick it up.

A RAVE FOR the Bell Auditorium for bringing Gordon Lightfoot to Augusta. It was the best concert I've attended in many years. Thank you, Mr. Lightfoot, for the best wedding anniversary gift I've ever received, and thank you to my husband for 42 wonderful years.

I KNOW WHY the Republicans are crying and whining so much. It's because they know that they were wrong in supporting that appointed liar Bush. President Obama has so much more class then the Bushites. President Obama is going to lead the country back to the greatness we had before the Republican years.

OBAMA SAYS "Americans know they ... (must) live within their means and pay what they owe." At the same time he pushes for easier credit for those who are too stupid to realize that. He blames the problem on credit card companies that were forced by government to give cards to lousy credit risks. Now the credit card companies have to come up with ways to protect their investments, and Obama calls the companies the bad guys. That's a lie, and Obama knows it's a lie.

I HATE TO SEE people out of work, but I am glad to see the auto industry suffer. The price for a car is ridiculous. The housing market is the same way. Medicine, drugs, gas, insurance ... poor people can't survive so I hope it gets so bad that a new car costs $3,500 again and a house is $15,000 or less.

WHAT AN IDIOT! This is for the lady driving the gray Mazda convertible on Saturday. I hope you got where you were going safely after cutting through the gas station at Evans to Locks and Belair roads and then cutting through the Lowe's parking lot like a crazy person!

TO THE PERSON who says that posting the county salaries shows that county workers get paid for doing nothing, I'd like to say get real! You are probably drawing disability for a hangnail and are too lazy to work!

RANTS TO THE VAN that passed me on old Wrightsboro on a double yellow with oncoming traffic. Had I or the car coming toward us sneezed we would all be dead today.

TO THE RANTER who said that "single unwed mothers" have no self-respect. Why didn't you also rant about the single unwed fathers? Unless these girls got pregnant by themselves, there are just as many single unwed fathers out there.

Comments (236)

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 10:47 am

Whoa...wait...sorry, I had

Whoa...wait...sorry, I had forgotten myself for a moment there. This gentleman was the sole owner and proprietor of a business that was in the business of making a profit. He is clearly one of the evil, stinking, wicked rich, and deserves whatever happens to him...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 10:48 am

Let me get out my chalk and

Let me get out my chalk and find a blackboard: "I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. I will not say nice things about people who make money. "

madneighbor
madneighbor 05/20/09 - 11:27 am

Dogs also poop and pee in

Dogs also poop and pee in flower beds, in vegetable gardens, on the floor and children's sandboxes, leave dander all over; they kill squirrels, leave hair all over the place, leave tracks on carpets, scratch furniture, chew everything and they can "turn" on the people they once loved! But you will never hear me threaten to call the pound on them either. Look cat hater, this is the second post you've had here. If you area having a problem with the cats in your area, grow up and address the owners directly instead of hiding behind an anonymous post in the paper. If you have strays in the area, call the humane society and they will rescue them. Why don't you go pick on someone who can defend themselves!

imdstuf
imdstuf 05/20/09 - 11:32 am

Yes, poor, poor little credit

Yes, poor, poor little credit card companies, having to charge $40 late fees if you are a day late, because by you being late it makes their work so much harder, so that $40 is justified right? Can you say loan sharks?

imdstuf
imdstuf 05/20/09 - 11:36 am

Use2Bjonny if the car

Use2Bjonny if the car manufacturers are going to be profitable and stop needing bailouts going through bankruptcy allows them to rewrite contracts, including with the union. Yes the dealerships pay to sell those cars, but they also get the manufacturers to buy some back if they are not eventually sold. The manufacturers realize they are not selling as many cars so they have to cut back production, thus less cars means they will not have enough to go around to all the car lots...thus less car lots needed. Get it? Got it? Good.

imdstuf
imdstuf 05/20/09 - 11:39 am

Obama is not out to give

Obama is not out to give healthcare to illegal immigrants. What about us citizens who have worked hard for many years but got dumped out of their jobs? Unemployment does not pay them enough to pay basic bills, food costs and health care costs.

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 05/20/09 - 11:47 am

Good afternoon to all. Have a

Good afternoon to all. Have a nice warm day in Augusta. It's nice here in Chantilly Va.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/20/09 - 12:02 pm

"New report finds America's

"New report finds America's air quality significantly improved during the Bush administration." Who'd a thunk it?

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/20/09 - 12:04 pm

We are ranting and waving all

We are ranting and waving all over today. I love cats, Gordon Lightfoot and Obama.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/20/09 - 12:10 pm

What's up with all these

What's up with all these people whinning about their salaries and credit card charges and stuff like that? Did you not know what your salary was when you took the job? If you don't like your salary, find another job that pays you more if you are worth it. Did you not know what the agreement was between you and your credit card company? If not you didn't read it. If you don't like the fees then don't use the card.

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 12:12 pm

G'Day to all you lovely birds

G'Day to all you lovely birds and crusty ole blokes.

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 12:15 pm

My favorite subject.

My favorite subject. Disability tags..They are everywhere. I see at least 25 per day. They are on new cars , old cars. They are on Dualies with wrecker gear on them. They are on cars on their way to work at 7:30 a.m.They are on cars on the way home from work at 5:00. I dont buy it.
Posted by atsugua13 on Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 AM....We who are disabled don't give a chit whether you "buy it" or not. Better be glad the disabled have jobs and work.

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 12:21 pm

Fort Gordon , where the job

Fort Gordon , where the job description is to walk around carrying a clip board ? Do nothing jobs are all over the place. At least they are not living off my dime .
Posted by NANF on Wed May 20, 2009 5:53 AM....That dude carrying the clip board probably is the veternarian inspecting the food facilities, or maybe a safety inspector or could be many things that are necessary in a safe work environment. As for the years I worked out there, I, like most uthes whoworked there were eithet n the class room or travelig all over the country to carry out the business of the Army/DOD. I pretty much had to live out of as suit case in D.D./Pentagon when Reagan was Prez. If you're going to clap your trap about federal workers, at least try and know what the hell you're talking about. Obviously you ain't ever worked over time without pay.

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 12:27 pm

I agree with the third

I agree with the third ranter. The whining and complaining was nonexistent a few months ago. I also agree with his statement saying that the Obama have more class than the Bushes.
Posted by willistontownsc on Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 AM....The Bush's have more clas than Willie. Michelle will never be the lady or have the class that Laura Bush has (or Barbara Bush either).

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 12:31 pm

Yonce, don't try and pass

Yonce, don't try and pass yourself off as a former Marine. Hell, you couldn't even make PFC in the Army. Yeah, I bet all those women really go for that security guard uniform (and pay).

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 12:35 pm

Max, you forgot to mention

Max, you forgot to mention England where BimbObama's tax and spend and borrow, borrow, borrow have their economy in the toilet also.

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/20/09 - 12:36 pm

afternoon all

afternoon all

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 01:16 pm

imd, you don't know what

imd, you don't know what you're talking about. The dealer pays the mfgr for the franchise. After that, the dealer incurs the expenses, and the mfgr has a salesperson for their vehicles. If I have a contract with you, and I force you to put money into your facility in accordance with that contract, how is it then ok for me to turn around and void the contract? I know what bankruptcy is...my point is, the unemployment rate is currently 8.9%. Pelosi/Reid/Frank/Obama assured us that the unemployment rate would hit (gasp!) 8.8% if we did not pass the stimulus bill. Obama told us that, if we did not pass the stimulus bill, then car mfgrs might (gasp!) go into bankruptcy, which would have ripple effects throughout the economy, affecting suppliers, dealers, their suppliers, their communities, etc. So, let's see, we spent $1.3 TRILLION to avoid 8.8% unemployment and auto mfgr bankruptcies, among other things...how's that workin' out for ya? We also spent all that money so that states would not have to cut their social assistance programs and whatnot...let's see how CA and NY are doing...

jack234
jack234 05/20/09 - 01:16 pm

We are so proud of the fine

We are so proud of the fine work that our new president is doing for the country. He is a hard working president. That is something new for most of us and some of us have went into shock because we are not use to such work and dedication. The long 8 years of nothing is finally over. I look forward to 8 years of new ideas, fresh ideas. We will definitely want him for two terms. Mr. Steele says the republicans will have fresh ideas but its too late. We have a real driver behind the wheel now. A real Tiger in the white house. Has anyone heard from GW lately. We'll just leave him where he is. He must be very sad. HELLO! HELLO!

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 01:19 pm

I guess I just wonder how bad

I guess I just wonder how bad it will all have to get before some of the more...focused...people among us will begin to have a glimmer of reality: that business goes in cycles, that NOTHING is truly "too big to fail," that you don't create wealth by punishing those who create wealth, that government cannot--by its very nature--create wealth, and that trying to spend your way out of a recession simply prolongs the recession (or makes it a double-dip recession) and leaves you with a bigger price tag when it's over. I don't know, though...I think that some of the true believers will never change their way of thinking, no matter how many pesky little facts smack them on the head...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/20/09 - 01:26 pm

http://townhall.com/cartoons/2009/05/20/4 Great cartoon with the 2009 Automaker of the Year...

Lippy
Lippy 05/20/09 - 01:27 pm

Gooooooooooood afternoon

Gooooooooooood afternoon everyone!

jack
jack 05/20/09 - 01:33 pm

jackass234, specifically tell

jackass234, specifically tell us what BimbObama has accomplished (other than divide this country even more than it was).

whyohwhy
whyohwhy 05/20/09 - 01:44 pm

Cats are pests? I think it's

Cats are pests? I think it's a typo...cats are pets. :-)

jack234
jack234 05/20/09 - 01:46 pm

Don't worry. Michael Steele

Don't worry. Michael Steele will re-unite the republican party. HELLO! HELLO!

Lippy
Lippy 05/20/09 - 01:47 pm

jackie#'s - a real tiger in

jackie#'s - a real tiger in the White House? It's not nice for you to describe Michelle Obama's armpit and leg hair like that....

jack234
jack234 05/20/09 - 02:02 pm

We have a very lovely first

We have a very lovely first family in the white house. We certainly can't complain about the girls going clubing and getting drunk. We have real class in the white house now. We need to get over this hate thing. It will only bring you down and not let you live to your full potential. I'll bet you Lippy goes to chuch and probably sits on the front pew but only hears what he/she wants to. And the sermon is only about what will keep the pastor his job. What a shame. What a waste of time. My last HELLO! HELLO! for today. But never fear, I shall return.

Lippy
Lippy 05/20/09 - 02:08 pm

Actually I sit in the third

Actually I sit in the third row. But I'm so glad you think you know so much about me! And for the record...I could never hate a giant.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/20/09 - 02:24 pm

I love cats, they have a

I love cats, they have a flavor somewhere between chicken and squirrel!

Lippy