Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CATS ARE PESTS and here's why: Cats will poop and pee in flower beds, in vegetable gardens, on the floor and children's sandboxes, leave dander all over, kill birds roosting in trees at night, leave hair all over the place, leave tracks on cars, scratch furniture, climb on roofs and kill frogs. If you love your cat, keep it away from your neighbors and animal control won't pick it up.

A RAVE FOR the Bell Auditorium for bringing Gordon Lightfoot to Augusta. It was the best concert I've attended in many years. Thank you, Mr. Lightfoot, for the best wedding anniversary gift I've ever received, and thank you to my husband for 42 wonderful years.

I KNOW WHY the Republicans are crying and whining so much. It's because they know that they were wrong in supporting that appointed liar Bush. President Obama has so much more class then the Bushites. President Obama is going to lead the country back to the greatness we had before the Republican years.

OBAMA SAYS "Americans know they ... (must) live within their means and pay what they owe." At the same time he pushes for easier credit for those who are too stupid to realize that. He blames the problem on credit card companies that were forced by government to give cards to lousy credit risks. Now the credit card companies have to come up with ways to protect their investments, and Obama calls the companies the bad guys. That's a lie, and Obama knows it's a lie.

I HATE TO SEE people out of work, but I am glad to see the auto industry suffer. The price for a car is ridiculous. The housing market is the same way. Medicine, drugs, gas, insurance ... poor people can't survive so I hope it gets so bad that a new car costs $3,500 again and a house is $15,000 or less.

WHAT AN IDIOT! This is for the lady driving the gray Mazda convertible on Saturday. I hope you got where you were going safely after cutting through the gas station at Evans to Locks and Belair roads and then cutting through the Lowe's parking lot like a crazy person!

TO THE PERSON who says that posting the county salaries shows that county workers get paid for doing nothing, I'd like to say get real! You are probably drawing disability for a hangnail and are too lazy to work!

RANTS TO THE VAN that passed me on old Wrightsboro on a double yellow with oncoming traffic. Had I or the car coming toward us sneezed we would all be dead today.

TO THE RANTER who said that "single unwed mothers" have no self-respect. Why didn't you also rant about the single unwed fathers? Unless these girls got pregnant by themselves, there are just as many single unwed fathers out there.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/20/09 - 01:32 am
H00T! lol Good morning!

H00T! lol Good morning! w00t!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/20/09 - 01:54 am
wOOt ! Back atcha :) Morning

wOOt ! Back atcha :) Morning neighbor , Nero, Tujeez and everybody . Have a good day !

jsherrill
jsherrill 05/20/09 - 02:25 am
Most Obama supporters do not

Most Obama supporters do not realize the hardships that aweait Americans under this current administration. Where are all the promised by Obama for the stimulus package forced on all of us? Why is unemployment continue to rise? Remember government money is our tax dollars, not some but all of it.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/20/09 - 02:26 am
Morning Tujeez, neighbor!,

Morning Tujeez, neighbor!, Nero, Jsquared, Duke and all ya'll! Have a great day! lol (':

jsherrill
jsherrill 05/20/09 - 02:27 am
Good morning to all. I enjoy

Good morning to all. I enjoy reading your online comments on a daily basis. Most are thought provoking, however some.....

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/20/09 - 02:38 am
Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj &

Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj & glonomo

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/20/09 - 02:40 am
LOL all these night owls we

LOL all these night owls we should open with HOOT not w00t

NEone
NEone 05/20/09 - 03:18 am
Sure I'm willing to sell my

Sure I'm willing to sell my $200,000 house for $15,000. NOT. Get real.

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 03:20 am
I'm sure glad my cat is

I'm sure glad my cat is sleeping and didn't see the first Rant. G'mornin, Nammy!, RocknRoll and all y'all. w00t!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/20/09 - 03:20 am
w00t! lol

w00t! lol

Reality
Reality 05/20/09 - 03:59 am
Under the Obama plan, certain

Under the Obama plan, certain groups are allowed to buy a $200,000 house and only pay back $15,000 if they feel like it...

atsugua13
atsugua13 05/20/09 - 04:03 am
My favorite subject.

My favorite subject. Disability tags..They are everywhere. I see at least 25 per day. They are on new cars , old cars. They are on Dualies with wrecker gear on them. They are on cars on their way to work at 7:30 a.m.They are on cars on the way home from work at 5:00. I dont buy it.

Reality
Reality 05/20/09 - 04:14 am
I like seeing the lazy fat

I like seeing the lazy fat [filtered word]es using a mobility scooter to get around Walmart. Maybe, just maybe some exercise would be good.

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/20/09 - 04:15 am
two deaths at glenwood apts

two deaths at glenwood apts on lumpkin road, suspect barricaded in apt, other apts in complex under evacuation order.. developing..

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/20/09 - 04:16 am
now to the R&R, those gordon

now to the R&R, those gordon lightfoot ticket prices were outrageous. i wanted to take my mom as a mothers day present. yeesh. can i get a bailout? what what?

Purelaughs
Purelaughs 05/20/09 - 04:17 am
Superstar Obama does no

Superstar Obama does no wrong! His word is golden! Get real.... what has he done that he promised during the election?

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 04:49 am
dhd - Have any of the local

dhd - Have any of the local news outlets noticed/picked up on it yet? I heard about it on the scanner before the feeds were "mysteriously" taken offline.

NANF
NANF 05/20/09 - 04:53 am
You gripe about the the

You gripe about the the county workers pay scale. What about the DOT workers ( ? ) that stand around at the highway job sites. Ever notice how many stand and stare in a hole for the longest time ? The list goes on . Or Fort Gordon , where the job description is to walk around carrying a clip board ? Do nothing jobs are all over the place. At least they are not living off my dime .

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/20/09 - 04:53 am
NBC Augusta & 12 are on

NBC Augusta & 12 are on scene, 6 will have it sometime tomorrow haha

Nero
Nero 05/20/09 - 04:55 am
Good thing it didn't happen

Good thing it didn't happen at The Mall - we'd never know!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 05/20/09 - 05:01 am
The ONLY reason hussien was

The ONLY reason hussien was elected was because he is black-NO experience-NO accomplishments-NO morals-JUST black and muslim.That's what I would call racism-choose someone based on race ONLY.If someone KNOWS of ANY qualification this person possesses,please post

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/20/09 - 05:02 am
morning all

morning all

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/20/09 - 05:12 am
nero lol yeah. no stores at

nero lol yeah. no stores at the mall worth going to anyway.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 05:23 am
Obama says...You can't blame

Obama says...You can't blame this one on the government! The dumb credit card lenders try to lend their way out of bad debt. Instead of tightening credit card lending guide lines, when their bad debt ratio didn't meet standards. The credit card companies just issued more credit to lower the bad debt ratio.
The external auditing companies failed to notify the lack of internal controls to the public. So why did the banks flop so quickly with out warning from the Independent Auditing Firms? What happened to the Sarbanes Oxley Act? The Sarbanes Oxley Act was suppose to expose weaknesses in the internal accounting controls. It was an acceptable business practice, the greed of the banks, and the greed on the credit consumers is what has caused the consumer lending collapse. People can't blame this one on the government.

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/20/09 - 05:35 am
milton, i think they should

milton, i think they should make a "obamadministration see n' say" the obama says "change" the pelosi says "i didn't know" the geithner says "taxes? what?"

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 05:36 am
NANF I get paid to walk

NANF I get paid to walk around its called management. The guys have to stand around are probably waiting on the DOT or an independent engineering firm to inspect the hole. Why do you think it takes so long to build bridges and roads. Probably the ignorant contractors, don't understand the job specifications or ignores them. Did you see the concrete that was torn out where they are winding I-20. The contractors messed up! If more contractors would hire independent consultants then they would save money, and not be putting in and tearing out concrete.

Reality
Reality 05/20/09 - 05:48 am
They don't need to hire

They don't need to hire ex-GDOT employees to advise them, they just need to pay their own people and train them. The big inspection firm for GDOT is made up of retired or fired GDOT employees.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/20/09 - 05:54 am
I agree with the third

I agree with the third ranter. The whining and complaining was nonexistent a few months ago. I also agree with his statement saying that the Obama have more class than the Bushes.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/20/09 - 05:56 am
Read my last two post, and

Read my last two post, and put some thought into them. If corporations would properly regulate themselves, then the government would not have an excuse to make more laws and initiate more governmental control. The government should be investigating not regulating. Investigate and put those responsible for criminal and neglectful acts in jail. Why didn't congress investigate? The criminals, congress and the US justice department, don't want to prosecute they want to control. This is a power hungry socialist administration. Emanuel said " don't waist a good crisis" its obvious this is a power grab by the socialist.

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/20/09 - 05:57 am
willi, get your head out of

willi, get your head out of the sand..........you never know if obama might be sneaking up behind you..........