Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT FOR THE absolute moron complaining about Columbia County not having black people in certain positions. Last time I checked, people in this country were free to live and work wherever they pleased. By the way, I want Paine College investigated.

A RAVE to the kind gentleman who paid for my groceries at Wal-Mart a few days ago. Thank you and God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the Richmond County sheriff's department that's supposed to protect and to serve out here on Winston Way and Albemarle Road. We need streetlights and more police patrol out here, especially at night and late evening. We are having problems with break-ins and people violating the no trespassing laws on our property out here. We will appreciate seeing your cars patrolling our neighborhood.

THIS IS A RAVE for you guys for having the courage to print the statistics of unwed mothers in Georgia and South Carolina. I've called in rants and raves before about the number of single mothers and unwed mothers here in the South. It's obvious the girls here in the South have no self-respect. Well, I can see with the statistics I was right, so I rest my case.

THIS IS A RANT. I guess the mayor and commissioners of North Augusta must use the sidewalks to get around town because if they drove on the streets they would be appalled at their condition. Hopefully they will correct that.

TO THE PERSON ranting about the potholes on Windsor Spring Road between Old Louisville Road and Peach Orchard Road: To begin with that's not a state route; that's a Richmond County road. On top of that, the contractor out there, Mavis Brothers Construction, is responsible for the potholes in the road.

IF DR. BEDDEN and a lot of the other Richmond County administrators agreed to a pay cut, they wouldn't have to worry about having to find money for the schools.

AP STORY SAYS that "lower oil prices are threatening Iraq's efforts to build a military capable of defending the country." Thus the U.S. will need to keep shoveling money to Iraq. How absurd. Lower oil prices don't mean Iraq gives oil away. It is still raking in billions. If flat-broke African countries can maintain armies with zero oil revenues, Iraq can afford a first-class military.

WHO WRITES these stories? Perdue signed an $18.6 billion budget. Your story says one veto "stripped" about $2 million from it, as though "stripped" is a big deal. It still leaves over $18 billion. Sorry, that ain't "stripping."

THIS IS A RAVE for us Democrats. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4 percent on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15 percent isn't.

Irish
Irish 05/18/09 - 05:00 pm
one should not get too upset

one should not get too upset with IDIOTMESS. Remember the Inspector Closeau of augusta only types what the voices tell him....Did they tell you that the government is taking over the auto industry and today Howdy Doody announced higher Fuel Efficiency standards for 2012.. Wonder who owns stock in Green car production ? Any conspiracy theories Idiotmess ?

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/18/09 - 06:05 pm
evening all

evening all

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 06:54 pm
"Happiness is a complex

"Happiness is a complex thing. Past studies have found that happiness is partly inherited, that REPUBLICANS ARE HAPPIER than Democrats and that OLD MEN tend to be HAPPIER than old women." - WELP that explains Rose and some others around here.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 07:01 pm
THIS IS SUCH HORSE MANURE -

THIS IS SUCH HORSE MANURE - "The Obama administration, through a string of delicate shifts in terminology, has softened -- or at least obfuscated -- the essence of the war against Islamic extremism. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, arguably the Washington equivalent to Madonna of re-branding, delivered an entire set of testimony without using the word "terrorism." She says she prefers "man-caused disasters."
And the administration as a whole phased out the term "Global War on Terror." "Overseas contingency operation" became the tag that is now used in budget documents to explain where billions of taxpayer dollars are going. Napolitano told the German magazine Der Spiegel she's avoiding such hot-button words like "terrorism" to demonstrate the administration's desire to "move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur."

Irish
Irish 05/18/09 - 07:22 pm
When people can vote

When people can vote themselves a bigger share of the income without increasing their productivity you get "O'BAMA". College graduates are falling for the "B.S." of being non productive. To give back. What they have recieved has been the fruits of the labors of their parents. They didn't suffer and sacrifice, their parents did. And after all these years when they could finally become productive members of society and repay some of the effort their parents put into them....they're being told go be volunteers, work for free. take low paying jobs and work for the common good. That's spin for sign up more acorn voters......

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 05/18/09 - 07:43 pm
This country is in a war and

This country is in a war and we won Iraq and now afghanastan is on the table this generation has accomplished a lot and are more eduacted than the baby boomers.We also show no loyalty to job like the baby boomers do.But the greatest generation was my grandparents.I don't think nyone can argue that.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/18/09 - 07:55 pm
Man....the wheels fell off of

Man....the wheels fell off of this cart pretty fast.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 08:07 pm
Now we have a sled!

Now we have a sled!

Rose
Rose 05/18/09 - 08:07 pm
hey buckfiddy

hey buckfiddy

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/18/09 - 08:11 pm
Sounds like it's time for a

Sounds like it's time for a Mussel Shoals Mudslide

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/18/09 - 08:11 pm
Nammy, Oh

Nammy, Oh Nammy!............w00t!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 08:35 pm
That is a nice start Tujeez,

That is a nice start Tujeez, but where are the rest of the lyrics?

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 08:50 pm
w00t!! Just got in! Way to

w00t!! Just got in! Way to go...!!! (':

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:04 pm
'Bout time you showed up!

'Bout time you showed up! You are taking waaaaaaay to long of a lunch break Nammy............

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 09:07 pm
Lunch? Who had lunch? Dang,

Lunch? Who had lunch? Dang, I've been busy! Waaay too busy even! For way too long here! Evening, Eyes! (':

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:13 pm
That's what I tell MY boss

That's what I tell MY boss too, but I think that he's on to me. Its getting so that if I sneak back in after 5 o'clock from lunch he is giving me that 'look'....... I better take up smoking so that I have a new excuse.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 09:15 pm
Good God, no, don't do that!

Good God, no, don't do that! Just lay off so many breaks! lol Or wait until he's out of town or something! But hey, as long as the work gets done, yanno?!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:17 pm
Work?

Work?

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:19 pm
Oh, and where are my manners?

Oh, and where are my manners? Evening Nammy!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 09:23 pm
LOL you so crazy! (work?)

LOL you so crazy! (work?)

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/18/09 - 09:26 pm
Good Evening Disgusta ^5 Tuj

Good Evening Disgusta ^5 Tuj and Noglo

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:29 pm
Duke, did you just get off of

Duke, did you just get off of your lunch break too?

Irish
Irish 05/18/09 - 09:31 pm
WOW ! I just saw a commercial

WOW ! I just saw a commercial for the must have item of the season. for only (limited time offer of course) 39.99 you can have the Barrack O"bama commemerative tenny shoes. And if you order today you get the O'bama back pack. Be the envy of all your friends and only pay S & H...but if you hurry and order 2 pair you also get the official Barrack O'Bama basketball. We now have a commander in chief known for his jump shot and not experience in anything ......What a country...where a totally unqualified person can grow up to be President.....And if you promise the world to any one who lives on the dole you'll get reelected. I bet we see the sneakers, back packs, and basketballs all over the downtown area within a few days....By the way Jacques Closeau (Idiotmess) they are foil lined

Irish
Irish 05/18/09 - 09:39 pm
OH wait ! I'm sorry . I

OH wait ! I'm sorry . I guess we want see them until after the checks come out next month........

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:44 pm
Gosh that IS exciting!!! Are

Gosh that IS exciting!!! Are they personally autographed by some unknown aide with his official signature too? Let me grab my checkbook before they're all gone!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/18/09 - 09:46 pm
LOL nahh im on nights this

LOL nahh im on nights this week

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/18/09 - 09:49 pm
WELFARE: a government

WELFARE: a government sponsored breeding program designed to generate Democratic voters

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 09:49 pm
LMAO!! IRISH--9:31!! Bet so

LMAO!! IRISH--9:31!! Bet so too........all over the place! Coming to the streets near you!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:55 pm
Duke, what do they call

Duke, what do they call breaks for night shifters? Midnight snacks?

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/19/09 - 01:47 am
Darn, it gets later and later

Darn, it gets later and later and later......I can't stay up all night every night, dudes!!! Someone get my post, will ya? Night Tujeez, RocknRoll, Nero, Jsquared and ya'll! lol (':