Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT FOR THE absolute moron complaining about Columbia County not having black people in certain positions. Last time I checked, people in this country were free to live and work wherever they pleased. By the way, I want Paine College investigated.

A RAVE to the kind gentleman who paid for my groceries at Wal-Mart a few days ago. Thank you and God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the Richmond County sheriff's department that's supposed to protect and to serve out here on Winston Way and Albemarle Road. We need streetlights and more police patrol out here, especially at night and late evening. We are having problems with break-ins and people violating the no trespassing laws on our property out here. We will appreciate seeing your cars patrolling our neighborhood.

THIS IS A RAVE for you guys for having the courage to print the statistics of unwed mothers in Georgia and South Carolina. I've called in rants and raves before about the number of single mothers and unwed mothers here in the South. It's obvious the girls here in the South have no self-respect. Well, I can see with the statistics I was right, so I rest my case.

THIS IS A RANT. I guess the mayor and commissioners of North Augusta must use the sidewalks to get around town because if they drove on the streets they would be appalled at their condition. Hopefully they will correct that.

TO THE PERSON ranting about the potholes on Windsor Spring Road between Old Louisville Road and Peach Orchard Road: To begin with that's not a state route; that's a Richmond County road. On top of that, the contractor out there, Mavis Brothers Construction, is responsible for the potholes in the road.

IF DR. BEDDEN and a lot of the other Richmond County administrators agreed to a pay cut, they wouldn't have to worry about having to find money for the schools.

AP STORY SAYS that "lower oil prices are threatening Iraq's efforts to build a military capable of defending the country." Thus the U.S. will need to keep shoveling money to Iraq. How absurd. Lower oil prices don't mean Iraq gives oil away. It is still raking in billions. If flat-broke African countries can maintain armies with zero oil revenues, Iraq can afford a first-class military.

WHO WRITES these stories? Perdue signed an $18.6 billion budget. Your story says one veto "stripped" about $2 million from it, as though "stripped" is a big deal. It still leaves over $18 billion. Sorry, that ain't "stripping."

THIS IS A RAVE for us Democrats. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4 percent on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15 percent isn't.

SusieQ
SusieQ 05/18/09 - 10:28 am
uptheseventhplanet--When did

uptheseventhplanet--When did Pam Tucker become a MR.? Just Asking!!!SusieQ

jack
jack 05/18/09 - 10:32 am
The number of STD's is

The number of STD's is extremly high and it keeps spreading because these kids don't have sense enough or self pride enough to use protection.
Posted by 5:00smwhr on Mon May 18, 2009 8:27 AM....When sex is shoved down their throats on TV and in the movies and magazines about Hollyweird, what do you expect? Teens are walking masses of raging hprmones. Best you teach them about STDs and having babies and what it does to ruin their lives.

jack
jack 05/18/09 - 10:46 am
hurlyburly you can't try

hurlyburly you can't try obama and biden for war crimes from a war that they didn't start can you? the crawford buffoon signed the directive to deploy troops over there, the buck stops with him,sorry charlie.
Posted by elliottness on Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 AM....Yonce, BimbObama can stop the war in Afhanistan and/or Iraq any time he chooses, so yeah, he's a war criminal just like you and your idiotic ilk have always accused Bush and Cheney of being. After all, it is now BimbObama's air force dropping those bombs killing civilians.

jack
jack 05/18/09 - 10:48 am
The bottom line has always

The bottom line has always been that it is the female of the species that owns 100% of what the male is after and it is their responsibility to say NO and mean it.

Antknee
Antknee 05/18/09 - 11:04 am
Is it legal to now change

Is it legal to now change lanes without a turn signal in Augusta.I care not if it is legal or not.I will always use my turn signals as a courtesy to other drivers.

elliottness
elliottness 05/18/09 - 11:28 am
i think it's time for another

i think it's time for another alzheimers check up jack.the us has been in afghanistan over 8 years, you can't just yank them out in a few months,which explains why we're still in japan and korea 50 years later.we go around sticking our nose in everybody's business and end up regretting it later.cheney is going down soon and he being the coward he is will drag dubby with him.where will cheney show up this week,trying to make his criminal case? the old 5 deferment draft dodger king is too scared to go back to montana, what a wimp

Rose
Rose 05/18/09 - 12:36 pm
WRDW reported a RC deputy was

WRDW reported a RC deputy was fired after a 911 center employee he was supposed to be training says she was sexually harassed by the deputy. He even wrote a letter of apology to her. I have not seen the story on AC. This is not the 1st time he has been in trouble either. http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/45148777.html

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 05/18/09 - 01:06 pm
Caterpillar announces 3rd

Caterpillar announces 3rd round of layoffs since the prezbho porkulous, vote buying, stimulus bill. Gee, this must be what prezbho 'followers' mean by 'he's doing a good job'. Guess that's the same as closing the GM dealers that still have inventory and are unable to sell the vehicles. We're so lucky to have such a considerate and 'people' oriented prez. I'm sure you can understand the sarc.

God save America
God save America 05/18/09 - 01:17 pm
used28bionna you are stupid

used28bionna you are stupid and a idoit . bush kept us safe since 9-11. the speaker of the house is telling lies and should be gone . wait long enough and people will not like obama.

God save America
God save America 05/18/09 - 01:21 pm
joe bidden is a idoit and a

joe bidden is a idoit and a joke who i don't think knows anything but being stupid

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 01:33 pm
The founders of our nation

The founders of our nation were afraid of one thing more than any other... government having too much power! Remember, they escaped from the tyranny of an oppressive and controlling government when they established this nation. They fought and died for it, and now we are letting these same freedoms they fought for slip away little by little, without a second thought.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 01:36 pm
So what is your point Rose in

So what is your point Rose in your 1:36pm post? It seems to me that Sheriff Strength has taken care of problem that was brought to his attention.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 05/18/09 - 01:42 pm
The builderbergs and the

The builderbergs and the federal reserve have been controling this country for years and now they are going to make they're last move to put us on a one world currency and health care system.Obama is just a tool they will use to accomplish this just like bush was and every president since woodrow wilson.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 01:47 pm
God_save...I think you should

God_save...I think you should re-read my posts, and maybe go check out the links I posted. Ummm...I'm not an Obama supporter. Thanks, though, 'cause your post made me giggle...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 01:48 pm
Buck...buck...if you're gonna

Buck...buck...if you're gonna pass out tinfoil hats, at least spell Bilderberg Group correctly :)

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 01:49 pm
overburd...shame on you! for

overburd...shame on you! for asking Rose to have a "point"...

Rose
Rose 05/18/09 - 01:58 pm
My point is I have not seen

My point is I have not seen AC report the story.Why are they keeping the story quiet?

elliottness
elliottness 05/18/09 - 02:02 pm
god save america bush kept

god save america bush kept you safe since 911 are you sure? he didn't keep you safe he and cheney pulled off the biggest crime since the jfk assassination right before you and millions of others idiot faces.remember he told you dolts to go shopping. go shopping? because the mission was accomplished, now we can go into iraq as planned.iraq had nothing to with 911.folks say the hijackers were from saudi why not attack them? you did japan, when the innocent citizens perished who had nothing to with pearl harbor?speaker pelosi will change her strategy she knows what the cia does to folks who cross them and i'm sure she wants to live like eveyone else.you're right there buck.in several years we will tried to be fooled into accepting chips implanted under our skin. i surmise the reason will be for "medical info" only, right! this is one person who will not be receiving one, believe that.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 05/18/09 - 02:03 pm
SusieQ A 11:28 I was

SusieQ A 11:28 I was referring to the words to the effect that "Pam Tucker needs probing". Who do you think should be doing the probing?

Rose
Rose 05/18/09 - 02:04 pm
jonny and overburdened, did I

jonny and overburdened, did I attack either of you? Nope.I made a comment, and if you don't like it, then ignore the comment and shutup about it.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 02:09 pm
Rose, I made a comment, and

Rose, I made a comment, and if you don't like it, then ignore the comment and shutup about it.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 02:10 pm
Dang Rose, I was just asking

Dang Rose, I was just asking what your point was as it seemed like you were implying the SO was trying to cover something up. Besides, once a comment is made it is open for comment. Hence your comment about my comment about your comment. Get over it and quit assuming someone is always out to put you down. I was just asking for clarification.

Rose
Rose 05/18/09 - 02:13 pm
The deputy wrote a letter of

The deputy wrote a letter of apology to the woman. I guess that proved him guilty.

Rose
Rose 05/18/09 - 02:15 pm
bye. I have no time for

bye. I have no time for arguing. bye

Lippy
Lippy 05/18/09 - 02:18 pm
overburdened taxpayer - don't

overburdened taxpayer - don't use such big words with Rose. She doesn't understand what clarification means...obviously.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 02:19 pm
overburd, I am always out to

overburd, I am always out to put Rose down. Speak for yourself :)

Lippy
Lippy 05/18/09 - 02:24 pm
Woo Hoo

Woo Hoo braxtonjbragg....doesn't everyone? LOL

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 03:08 pm
Rose has no time for arguing

Rose has no time for arguing unless she wants to argue. Actually I didn't know I was trying to argue.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/18/09 - 03:19 pm
I just figured out nessy's

I just figured out nessy's problem. Read the headline and it will clear everything up. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520536,00.html

earthmother
earthmother 05/18/09 - 03:58 pm
Many of you seemed to miss

Many of you seemed to miss the point of the teen mom article. Those girls are making an effort to graduate from high school and better themselves, not making excuses or taking the easy way out and letting someone else pay for them and their children. They were speaking to classes about not emulating their behavior and supporting each other to do better. They are past the point of needing a birth control lecture, they need life skills. Instead of sitting at home, pointing fingers and waxing morality, get out and volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center or high school. Make a difference in someone's life.

New SafeHomes facility breaks ground

SafeHomes of Augusta broke ground Thursday on a larger facility that will allow the nonprofit agency to house more than twice the number of clients than its current shelter can hold.