Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT FOR THE absolute moron complaining about Columbia County not having black people in certain positions. Last time I checked, people in this country were free to live and work wherever they pleased. By the way, I want Paine College investigated.

A RAVE to the kind gentleman who paid for my groceries at Wal-Mart a few days ago. Thank you and God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the Richmond County sheriff's department that's supposed to protect and to serve out here on Winston Way and Albemarle Road. We need streetlights and more police patrol out here, especially at night and late evening. We are having problems with break-ins and people violating the no trespassing laws on our property out here. We will appreciate seeing your cars patrolling our neighborhood.

THIS IS A RAVE for you guys for having the courage to print the statistics of unwed mothers in Georgia and South Carolina. I've called in rants and raves before about the number of single mothers and unwed mothers here in the South. It's obvious the girls here in the South have no self-respect. Well, I can see with the statistics I was right, so I rest my case.

THIS IS A RANT. I guess the mayor and commissioners of North Augusta must use the sidewalks to get around town because if they drove on the streets they would be appalled at their condition. Hopefully they will correct that.

TO THE PERSON ranting about the potholes on Windsor Spring Road between Old Louisville Road and Peach Orchard Road: To begin with that's not a state route; that's a Richmond County road. On top of that, the contractor out there, Mavis Brothers Construction, is responsible for the potholes in the road.

IF DR. BEDDEN and a lot of the other Richmond County administrators agreed to a pay cut, they wouldn't have to worry about having to find money for the schools.

AP STORY SAYS that "lower oil prices are threatening Iraq's efforts to build a military capable of defending the country." Thus the U.S. will need to keep shoveling money to Iraq. How absurd. Lower oil prices don't mean Iraq gives oil away. It is still raking in billions. If flat-broke African countries can maintain armies with zero oil revenues, Iraq can afford a first-class military.

WHO WRITES these stories? Perdue signed an $18.6 billion budget. Your story says one veto "stripped" about $2 million from it, as though "stripped" is a big deal. It still leaves over $18 billion. Sorry, that ain't "stripping."

THIS IS A RAVE for us Democrats. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4 percent on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15 percent isn't.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/18/09 - 09:07 am
many666legion - please finish

many666legion - please finish high school english before even thinking about college.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/18/09 - 09:14 am
Bring Back Pubic

Bring Back Pubic Flogging........Why should the masochists have all the fun?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/18/09 - 09:15 am
Make that Public

Make that Public Flogging.....sorry for the typo!

Irish
Irish 05/18/09 - 09:16 am
I believe many 666 is one of

I believe many 666 is one of IDIDOTMESSes aliases.....

chey
chey 05/18/09 - 09:18 am
I agree Milton. The girls and

I agree Milton. The girls and their parents are the ones having to raise the child, and partially, because a lot of these young girls are uncertain who the father is. But I think they should go after these men, and the men should demand paternity. Because I am sure there are some men who are on child support for children that are not theirs. I think I am so touchy on this because I was a single unwed mother. I come from a strict christian family, and there was nothing my parents could do to stop me. I made the decision and I am paying for it. I have graduated college, and have an excellent career. I have never been on welfare, because my parents refused to let me. But they did MAKE me get a job after I had my son and they gave me bills to pay. I was a lucky one, my son's father's mother MADE him come around. And he has been a part of his son's life. We were 17. Sometimes even if we have that solid upbringing, when we are teenagers, "we know it all" already. But I was attacked for this, At church, at school. And my son's father, got NO slack at all about it. (except from his mother). It was like, I was the bad one, like I did it to myself.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/18/09 - 09:19 am
Chey Who shoulder the burden

Chey
Who shoulder the burden of a pregnancy. Many of these young girls have more than one sexual partner and do not know whom the father is. Yes I rest the blame solely on the female because she becomes the sole parent and that child become her and sometimes her parents responsibility. If she was on BC or demanded that boy wear protection than the stats wouldn't be so high.

chey
chey 05/18/09 - 09:28 am
AAqueen, or maybe if the boy

AAqueen, or maybe if the boy just wore protection because he shouldn't be doing it either. Why should the girl be the only one to demand protection. And if the mothers of these boys would MAKE their sons get a paternity test, the girl wouldn't be come sole parent. It takes 2 to make a baby, so 1 shouldn't be raising the baby on their own. Your point is useless and invalid.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:31 am
It is a shame that many

It is a shame that many males do not view the use of birth control (i.e. condoms) as a shared part of their responsibility for preventing the siring of unwanted babies. Using such easy to come by preventive measures will greatly reduce the possibility and thus will help protect them not only from begetting unwanted children but will also protect them from dangerous STD's. Again, it all boils down to the R word,....... Responsibility.

Reality
Reality 05/18/09 - 09:33 am
Why would you put the burden

Why would you put the burden on the mothers, the boys father should also be involved. I think a DNA paternity test should be done as a requirement at the hospital for all births.....How many questions this would settle for all parents.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 09:35 am
Chey that was brave of you,

Chey that was brave of you, posting, your personal information. Hopefully, parents will read it and talk with their teenage children.

andywarhol
andywarhol 05/18/09 - 09:42 am
2 weeks ago my co-worker told

2 weeks ago my co-worker told me this girl he was smashin said she was pregnant. He went with her to get an abortion and she was 8 weeks pregnant. It was odd how he'd only been smashing for 3 weeks with her. Many don't know who the father is and only take a guess. For a man it's best to just say, "Prove it." Then after she's had so many men take the paternity test at $500 each then she'll know who the daddy is. From my past experience, I'd never take a girl's word for it.

andywarhol
andywarhol 05/18/09 - 09:43 am
Milton the funny thing about

Milton the funny thing about parking is when a person is driving around and around looking for a spot, when you can park and be inside the store while they're still looking.

What4
What4 05/18/09 - 09:55 am
Why would anyone not want to

Why would anyone not want to have more unwed children?? The more you have, the more gubment money you get.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/18/09 - 09:56 am
No Chey the stats speak for

No Chey the stats speak for me. How many of these girls not going to be as lucky as you. How many of them are going to drop out of school and the boy will finish, go to college and contribute not one red dime to that child. I agree that more need to be done to make them take responsibility for that child but if that mother had been on BC/protection then it wouldn't have happen. Its a proven fact that the female is SUPPOSE to be more mature than the male; that they are full of testostrone and know that they can talk many females into giving them what they want. It is our daughters that we must educate because there will always be a male out there not wanting to wear protection. Children think they are invincible and that they can't get STDs or pregnant or if the boy withdraw I can't get pregnant. A lot of parents only now talk to their children about sex because of the HIV Virus. Since all responsility falls on that female then it is the female that must be educated over and over and over. I'm not saying that the male shouldn't be educated on sex because they both should; but in the end it will impact the femalethe most.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 10:06 am
Amen Andy, and when you go to

Amen Andy, and when you go to leave you don't have to deal with the jerk, with the blinker on,marking his parking spot,and backing up traffic. While granny takes an hour to put the groceries in her car. No wonder people look so excited at wal-mart.

Lippy
Lippy 05/18/09 - 10:11 am
I totally get where you're

I totally get where you're coming from AAQueen, but I don't think boys should receive a "get out of jail free card" just because they mature less quickly than girls do. That's a cop out. They both need to be educated, they both need to be responsible, and they both need to accept the consequences that come along with having sex. Period.

Nero
Nero 05/18/09 - 10:16 am
Lippy - G'mornin. But isn't

Lippy - G'mornin. But isn't it the female's job to hold the aspirin tablet between her knees and not let it drop out? lol

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 10:20 am
Andy, it is true that in many

Andy, it is true that in many cases an irresponsible female will have multiple partners. Often she may not even know them or perhaps know who he is but knows that true father will not accept the responsibility (again with the R word) and choose to blame someone who they believe will handle the situation for her. Case in point the Duke University Lacrosse case in which a female accused several young men as to having raped her and she was proven to be a liar. Also the Tawana Brawley case where a girl accused 6 police men of raping her. She was found to be a liar but not before damaging the reputation of those police officers. A good many people are dishonorable and it is difficult to protect yourself from being accused even if you haven't so much as touched a person. However, one step that you can do for yourself is use protection while being intimate. As far as the making the woman pay for the entire paternity fee, how about this idea? The male takes the test, if it is positive then he pays for half the cost of the test, if it is negative then the female pays for the entire price?

Lippy
Lippy 05/18/09 - 10:22 am
Good morning Nero! Huh, I

Good morning Nero! Huh, I guess that explains how I ended up pregnant. My husband was holding the tablet between his knees....oops.

elliottness
elliottness 05/18/09 - 10:22 am
couple of good points chey.

couple of good points chey. you must be new to the area. here everyone thinks on the same accord, you'll get stoned to death if you can't goosestep.the only way to stop or atleast curtail teen age pregnancy is to (1) tell the female (before) when she arrives at the hospital that she must have insurance to pay for the birth or the child is placed in adoption (2)she must produce a fathers name and ss # or the baby goes to adoption.. (3) no subsidies. she has to have a home,job, and means to support the child.i am 100% liberal i beleieve in helping anyone who needs it, but pregnancies can be avoided.you have protection so there is no excuse.the only way to stop this nonsense is face it head on. both are wrong the male and female it is not a game to make others pay for your mistakes.hurlyburly you can't try obama and biden for war crimes from a war that they didn't start can you? the crawford buffoon signed the directive to deploy troops over there, the buck stops with him,sorry charlie.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 10:22 am
w00t! I caught that! (':

w00t! I caught that! (':

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 10:23 am
Oh and Andy, I hope that your

Oh and Andy, I hope that your co-worker dropped that liar like a hot rock! If what you were told is true she is a vile opportunist who will pull this again on someone else.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/18/09 - 10:29 am
Rolling Eyes go back to

Rolling Eyes go back to sleep; those cases have nothing to do with Pregnancy or wearing a condom. Lippy I agree that Both girls and boys must be educated but I will always emphasis and re-emphasis to my grandaughter about holding tht aspirin between her knees (LOL) and if it happen to drop, have some type of backup. If this was a perfect world then both would be equally responsible BUT until then what are the alternative but to protect our daughters the best way we can.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 10:29 am
Gosh, I just cannot imagine

Gosh, I just cannot imagine why people generally think that Republicans are better on defense issues than are Democrats. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Republican, I'm just confused. I mean, here's Joe Biden, PROVING that he has a great deal of classified information, right at his fingertips... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/17/oops-biden-reveals-location-s...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 10:31 am
And, boy am I glad we finally

And, boy am I glad we finally got those other guys out of the White House. I mean, let's face it, Bush is as dumb as a stump, and Rove is a wicked, wicked man. They played out their personal vendettas against private citizens for everyone to see, in front of crowds of sympathetic listeners who could be counted on to laugh it up while these borderline fascists laid into people who don't believe the same way they do http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/05/16/obamas_top_advisor_sug...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/18/09 - 10:31 am
Oh, wait, that's right...that

Oh, wait, that's right...that poor girl DOES have the same view of gay marriage that Obama does...that Kerry does...that BOTH Clintons do...hmmm...tell me again why Axelrod, just moments after making a homoerotic joke about himself and Obama (I'm not kidding, read the transcript) would go to town on this girl whose opinion of gay marriage is precisely the same as the president's? I mean, she's obviously not too bright, and she referred to marriage as we all understand it as "opposite" marriage, though that is probably a natural word to hit upon as the antonym for "same"... Had the disgusting little "man" asked her about "gay marriage," she could have just quoted a line from President Obama's stump speech...wait...is that a double entendre?

andywarhol
andywarhol 05/18/09 - 10:47 am
It is a true story, and he

It is a true story, and he said he was going to split with her, but his dumb butt didn't. Believe it or not they're still seeing each other. With my experience on paternity testing, it had to be paid up front, by the person petitioning for the test. If it's positive they can file to be reimbursed by the contributing party. If negative, they're out of the money. I honestly think that many young girls just plain don't have the money for an attorney, or to pay the expenses to try and squeeze a dime from a deadbeat. It's easier to struggle alone without all of the drama.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 10:48 am
Queen, my point was that

Queen, my point was that often times a woman will lie about their sexual partners for their own personal reasons. Those are two well known cases where women claimed to had multiple partners and were proven to be liars. In the Duke case the woman gave birth to baby about 9 months after making her claim (had she insisted on her partner using a condom then perhaps she would not have become pregnant ...?). Did she know of the pregnancy and want to entrap wealthy young men into some sort of payoffs? Luckily for those young men, she was found to be a bald faced liar and they were declared innocent. In both cases NONE of the accused men were guilty. So yes! The case does fit in with the topic at hand. I've been saying that males AND females need to be responsible for their own actions and take reasonable precautions in order to help TRY to ensure that they will not be put in this unwanted situation.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 11:01 am
LmBO, lie to the who can pay

LmBO, lie to the who can pay the most child support.

jack
jack 05/18/09 - 11:28 am
G'Day to all you lovely birds

G'Day to all you lovely birds and crusty ole bloked. I would bet that many666 lives in Grovetown or Harlem and did attend gu'munt schools..