Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT FOR THE absolute moron complaining about Columbia County not having black people in certain positions. Last time I checked, people in this country were free to live and work wherever they pleased. By the way, I want Paine College investigated.

A RAVE to the kind gentleman who paid for my groceries at Wal-Mart a few days ago. Thank you and God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the Richmond County sheriff's department that's supposed to protect and to serve out here on Winston Way and Albemarle Road. We need streetlights and more police patrol out here, especially at night and late evening. We are having problems with break-ins and people violating the no trespassing laws on our property out here. We will appreciate seeing your cars patrolling our neighborhood.

THIS IS A RAVE for you guys for having the courage to print the statistics of unwed mothers in Georgia and South Carolina. I've called in rants and raves before about the number of single mothers and unwed mothers here in the South. It's obvious the girls here in the South have no self-respect. Well, I can see with the statistics I was right, so I rest my case.

THIS IS A RANT. I guess the mayor and commissioners of North Augusta must use the sidewalks to get around town because if they drove on the streets they would be appalled at their condition. Hopefully they will correct that.

TO THE PERSON ranting about the potholes on Windsor Spring Road between Old Louisville Road and Peach Orchard Road: To begin with that's not a state route; that's a Richmond County road. On top of that, the contractor out there, Mavis Brothers Construction, is responsible for the potholes in the road.

IF DR. BEDDEN and a lot of the other Richmond County administrators agreed to a pay cut, they wouldn't have to worry about having to find money for the schools.

AP STORY SAYS that "lower oil prices are threatening Iraq's efforts to build a military capable of defending the country." Thus the U.S. will need to keep shoveling money to Iraq. How absurd. Lower oil prices don't mean Iraq gives oil away. It is still raking in billions. If flat-broke African countries can maintain armies with zero oil revenues, Iraq can afford a first-class military.

WHO WRITES these stories? Perdue signed an $18.6 billion budget. Your story says one veto "stripped" about $2 million from it, as though "stripped" is a big deal. It still leaves over $18 billion. Sorry, that ain't "stripping."

THIS IS A RAVE for us Democrats. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4 percent on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15 percent isn't.

Comments (122)

Nero
Nero 05/18/09 - 12:49 am

If somebody figures out what

If somebody figures out what the last Rave is trying to say, please fill us in. I hope it's merely extremely sarcastic. G'mornin, y'all!

corgimom
19620
corgimom 05/18/09 - 01:08 am

Morning, to you, too. I

Morning, to you, too. I didn't understand that, either.

prolifer
prolifer 05/18/09 - 01:13 am

Sound like the poster had one

Sound like the poster had one too many.

Reality
Reality 05/18/09 - 01:48 am

The first rant was a bit

The first rant was a bit humorous....Rant #3 light up your homes and yards with proper lighting . Buy fencing and or a gun to protect your property....

MandJ
MandJ 05/18/09 - 02:41 am
TroubIe
TroubIe 05/18/09 - 05:39 am

morning all

morning all

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/18/09 - 05:49 am

I do believe the last rant

I do believe the last rant was called in my MarathonGirl. Incoherent, but you can gleam what she's trying to say. Poor thing.

msgret92
msgret92 05/18/09 - 06:13 am

The ranter will get part of

The ranter will get part of the 15% but none of the 4%.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/18/09 - 06:35 am

Hey Nammy! , Tujeez and Nero

Hey Nammy! , Tujeez and Nero ! Everybody have a great day !!! wOOt !!

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 05/18/09 - 06:49 am

RCSD does not install street

RCSD does not install street lights #3

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 07:03 am

I agree with the unwed

I agree with the unwed mothers rant. Parents who have teenage daughters there is the five year birth control implant. BC is not an evil you can still teach them the importance of abstinence. Teenagers don't have any sense of responsibility, even the good girls get pregnant. Parents one day your daughter will be alone with a guy and will make that choice, why risk ruining her life? I am sure most of you with teenage daughters are not ready to be grandparents.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 07:12 am

To the third ranter, if you

To the third ranter, if you are and your neighborhood are going to wait for the government to react then keep on waiting. Take action that is with in the law. If you take the first step provide names, addresses and keep dialing 911 for every little instance. Harass the criminals enough, they will move to another neighborhood.

jubalaearly
jubalaearly 05/18/09 - 07:13 am

Last rant---a bit of sarcasm,

Last rant---a bit of sarcasm, perchance?

andywarhol
andywarhol 05/18/09 - 07:32 am

This is a rant for the

This is a rant for the perfectly healthy young woman that was obviously driving someone else's vehicle, because of the Retired Military Tags. She even used that person's benefits to park in the handicap parking at Wal-Mart on Deans Bridge.

Reality
Reality 05/18/09 - 08:03 am

My father and mother-in law

My father and mother-in law both have handicap things. I am embarrassed to park in handicap with them and walk to the restaurant or whatever. I try to drop them off and park in a normal space.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 08:11 am

This is why Americans are

This is why Americans are obese. I hate going to the store with anyone who drives around the parking lot just to get a closer parking spot. To me it is frustrating and a waist time. Just pull into the first open spot and take a walk. You will get in and out faster and maybe even drop a few pounds.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/18/09 - 08:12 am

I agree Milton, We can teach

I agree Milton, We can teach abstinence until we're blue in the facebut when the time come they are going to have sex and get pregnant. Even TV is glorifying teen pregnancy. It's a no win situation. Who ever heard of a pregnancy pact!!!!!

many666legion
many666legion 05/18/09 - 08:15 am

Columbia County is not the

Columbia County is not the place you want to live,you might get fool if you come from out of town.Too many rabies cases reported,my dog, somebody need to probe Pam tucker.I encourage you to write your consul Georgia State Lawmaker Ben Harbin, if he not driving around drunk, and ask him to request funds to construct a college for Columbia County because right now this county is headed for the road to no where.

chey
chey 05/18/09 - 08:19 am

aren't there just as many

aren't there just as many single unwed mothers as there are single unwed fathers. Why attack only the daughters? What about the sons who get these girls pregnant? You can't attack one without the other.

jubalaearly
jubalaearly 05/18/09 - 08:21 am

many666, are you the product

many666, are you the product of a government school "public" education---just asking!

Reality
Reality 05/18/09 - 08:24 am

I suggest you go back to

I suggest you go back to whatever country you came from and learn proper English before you return.....I wish you luck trying to "probe" Pam Tucker, she may not like it......

stillamazed
stillamazed 05/18/09 - 08:27 am

Actually Chey, alot of girls

Actually Chey, alot of girls will lie about being on birth control, which is why I always told my son to protect himself regardless of what the girl may say, the truth is alot of young girls have this fantacy about having a baby for some reason, they think the guy will be there for them and they are so wrong. Girls and guys please use protection, having a baby is only one thing that you may get and don't want. The number of STD's is extremly high and it keeps spreading because these kids don't have sense enough or self pride enough to use protection.

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 05/18/09 - 08:28 am

Since your mind is that

Since your mind is that narrow about unwed mothers, somebody forgot to tell you that there are unwed mothers all over the world in numbers... Before you start complaining about your observances in the South, make sure your house is in order. By the way, why don't you go back to where you came from where all the mothers are married..

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 05/18/09 - 08:29 am

many666 are you accusing Mr.

many666 are you accusing Mr. Tucker of not taking care of business?

chey
chey 05/18/09 - 08:40 am

5:00, it doesn't matter if

5:00, it doesn't matter if the girls lie about being on birth control or not. Don't attack single mothers without attacking the men/boys that made them that way. Boys/Men know the potential consequenses of what they are doing when they do it, just like the girls. I completely agree with you about protecting themselves. Birth control and condoms ...please please please teach your children about them. But let's not put the blame solely on the girls. **NOTE TO THE AC*** if you're going to print the statistics of single unwed mothers, please also print the statistics of men who are on child support for babies they have made and aren't taking care of. Please print all these men who haven't paid child support in years but are still running around getting these girls pregnant.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/18/09 - 08:48 am

Good morning, Tujeez,

Good morning, Tujeez, RocknRoll, Nero, Jsquared and ya'll! Have a great day! w00t! (':

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/18/09 - 08:55 am

It's not attacking just the

It's not attacking just the girls, but it's the girls and their parents that are having to raise the child. Any man or boy who does not participate in supporting their own child should be publicly flogged. In the old days they were tared and feathered, and sometimes castrated.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/18/09 - 09:05 am

Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *hurlyburly11, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:06 am

Milton, you are right, it is

Milton, you are right, it is a matter of shouldering responsibilities. Parents need to parent their children, teach them not only proper behavior but what the consequences will be if they ignore their warnings. It is easy to make a baby, but not so easy to raise one.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/18/09 - 09:07 am

Good morning Tujeez! I hope

Good morning Tujeez! I hope that you have a good day as well! It would also be nice to have an update about you know what........