Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for all the mothers featured in Sunday's article about moms working from home. It's also a rant for the readers who want to make it a debate on stay-at-home moms vs. moms working outside the home. That's not what the article's about.

THIS LOCAL BUSINESS traveler is "done" with flying out of Augusta. Continual late flights, resulting missed connections, delays and especially downright rude gate agents in ATL. A real shame. Augusta has a nice airport with courteous folks. However, they are at the mercy of ATL idiots.

RICHMOND COUNTY'S superintendent, Dana Bedden, could save some money if on a rotating basis he moved administrators out of downtown offices and into schools. That would give them a good opportunity to see the effects of their decisions on the daily lives of students.

SO THE CENSUS takers will have a badge. Anybody can make a phony badge and show false ID. Be very careful who you trust, especially when you answer the door.

IT'S REALLY SAD when someone says an animal running around like a cat or a dog should be picked up and disposed of. How about put up for adoption? You should have more humane thoughts towards other living creatures than for them to just be disposed of.

REPUBLICANS ARE whiners? Do you know how sick and tired we got of hearing people complain and whine about President Bush for eight years? Give me a break.

THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE made me sick by talking about potty training in Sunday's paper. The man who advised locking a child in the bathroom is sick. I will not look at your paper again.

IT'S AWFULLY FUNNY you don't see the mayor rallying and trying to get money to save the transportation system. The buses here are a vital part of the community. Not everybody in Augusta is interested in baseball, plus you already have a perfectly good stadium in Lake Olmstead.

I'M CALLING about the potholes on Windsor Spring Road Extension between Old Louisville Road and Peach Orchard Road. Can't Georgia's Department of Transportation put some gravel in the holes while they are working on the road to fix it so it doesn't tear up people's front ends or eat up their tires?

THIS IS A RAVE for Mark Sanford for cutting down on security in the state capitol. Now why doesn't he go a step further and cut down on security at the South Carolina governor's mansion.

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 05/14/09 - 01:34 am
Everybody try your best to

Everybody try your best to have a good day and smile even if you don't feel like it.

Nero
Nero 05/14/09 - 01:35 am
A Rave, a Rant and a

A Rave, a Rant and a Suggestion. A Rave to the AC for the expanded and timely coverage of

developing news stories posted on the online edition Main page. A Rant for not having the

stories arranged in any particular order. Would it be possible to put a time stamp at the

start of each headline to let the readers know when the stories were added or updated? I

think this might be the least time-consuming process for both the staff and readership. Once

the time stamps are in place, it is very easy to create a script to sort them for display.

Thank you. Keep up with the improvements!

brianw
brianw 05/14/09 - 03:01 am
Instead of calling the

Instead of calling the Augusta Chronicle about those potholes, how about you do the really smart thing and make the call to the State?

Reality
Reality 05/14/09 - 04:11 am
The police use those

The police use those strategically placed "potholes" to slow down the criminals running from them....

Nero
Nero 05/14/09 - 04:20 am
I'll bet the offended potty

I'll bet the offended potty Ranter checked the paper to see if his/her comment was printed. I must admit it's a new topic though. G'mornin, Nammy!, RocknRoll and all y'all! w00t!

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/14/09 - 05:12 am
my oh my, I do hope people

my oh my, I do hope people continue to voice their opposition to the stadium, aaaand the SPLOST. Have you voted NO yet?

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/14/09 - 05:25 am
morning all

morning all

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/14/09 - 06:11 am
Good moring Nammy! , Nero and

Good moring Nammy! , Nero and Tujeez! Hey everbody ! Have a great day !!!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/14/09 - 06:11 am
Hey Trouble !

Hey Trouble !

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/14/09 - 06:15 am
To rant number 7 >>> I passed

To rant number 7 >>> I passed 3 Augusta Transit buses the other day and there were about 3 riders per bus ! 'Nuff said ...

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/14/09 - 06:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4qPKc6_x2k >>> Good one for your listening pleasure today ...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/14/09 - 06:30 am
In reference to Windsor

In reference to Windsor Spring Road, that is a county road, not a state highway. Augusta-Richmond County is totally responsible for it, not the State of Georgia. I do agree with you, it's been torn up for years. It must be the same contractor that the state had on Bobby Jones at 56!

Reality
Reality 05/14/09 - 06:32 am
After Obama gets health

After Obama gets health insurance for everyone through insurance companies, who pays my existing BC/BS premium? Am I to understand that I will continue to pay my family health insurance(employer pays a portion) and pay for everyone else's through tax increase. With free medical, dental, and eye care; free breakfast and lunch at school; free home paid with welfare money; cash for not working; food stamps for family. Where exactly is the incentive for these people to get up and get a job? I will still continue to work and support my family and pay our bills and theirs....

christian134
christian134 05/14/09 - 06:52 am
Good morning one and

Good morning one and all...:-) Ya'll have a great day...

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/14/09 - 07:16 am
What about the fancy new cars

What about the fancy new cars parked out in front of public housing ? I drive a used pick-up that i paid cash for . I guess i'll have to keep on driving my old truck while some of these folks that leech off the federal gov't drive new cars for FREE . Reality i'm with you . I'll continue to work and pay their way . After all, That is the American way ... No ?

Reality
Reality 05/14/09 - 07:39 am
The health care issue is a

The health care issue is a very hard problem to deal with. I believe all should have the best medical personnel and technology available. The problem then becomes who pays for it, I think all should pay their fair share. Since there will be some sorry [filtered word]es that won't work, I guess we will always have this dilemma.

shaglorious
shaglorious 05/14/09 - 07:43 am
Reality, dont forget free

Reality, dont forget free cellphone and reduced utility bills.

Teachercommentary
Teachercommentary 05/14/09 - 07:47 am
I almost agree with you about

I almost agree with you about the medical care. However, I believe that you should have the best medical care that you can afford. If we keep giving away everything for free what is the purpose of education? If people can sit at home, reproduce, eat for free, live for free, and have zero responsibility what hope do I have for making a difference in the lives of their children as a teacher. These kids see their parent(s) not striving to improve themselves so why should they. This is the problem with our county today. People expect everything to be given to them for free without working for it. It is very depressing.

Reality
Reality 05/14/09 - 07:50 am
To be completely honest, I

To be completely honest, I would rather work for what we have than live the lifestyle of the tax dependent.....I know I would rather have a reliable car and nice house than live in a crack house with a new Hummer or Escalade...

local girl
local girl 05/14/09 - 08:08 am
everyone who is on welfare

everyone who is on welfare should be tested for drugs ans alcohol.most of these people do not deserve our help

Boston93
Boston93 05/14/09 - 08:08 am
TO: REPUBLICANS ARE whiners

TO: REPUBLICANS ARE whiners rant above. Appears you are a Democrat whiner. Sort of balances thing out huh ? The present flip/flopper needs to wake up when he gets up. It's not about Republicans and Democrats

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 05/14/09 - 08:18 am
Good morning all. Have a nice

Good morning all. Have a nice day.

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 05/14/09 - 08:22 am
The writer of the rant about

The writer of the rant about whining is a Republican.

Boston93
Boston93 05/14/09 - 08:32 am
Thanks RocknRoll: Beautiful

Thanks RocknRoll: Beautiful and touching. Copy/Paste in Browser http://www.youtube.com/watchv=h4qPKc6_x2k

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/14/09 - 08:41 am
Amazing that some on here see

Amazing that some on here see new cars, platinum televisions and cash laying around on the floor, whenever they pass through the projects. Must be special vision or something?

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/14/09 - 08:43 am
the fancy flashy new cars at

the fancy flashy new cars at the projects aren't there all day, they just make the stops to drop of the drugs. the people who own those cars don't live there.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/14/09 - 08:45 am
Local girl you should be

Local girl you should be tested for drugs
Teacher you are absolutely correct. More guidelines should be put in place for people who receive aide. If all of their children are in school then they either need to be in school, working or in some type of training. Also it shouldn't be a life committment. Set a time limit on how long they can receive aide.It seems so simple: I don't know why this system is broke.

TheShep
TheShep 05/14/09 - 08:50 am
Yall really have to read this

Yall really have to read this link if you haven't yet. If the races were reversed would this be allowed? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519965,00.html

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/14/09 - 08:55 am
Good Mawnin Disgusta

Good Mawnin Disgusta

Lippy
Lippy 05/14/09 - 09:05 am
Good morning everyone!!!

Good morning everyone!!!

Augusta man pleads guilty to attempting to join ISIS

Leon Nathan Davis III, 37, admitted Wednesday in U.S. District Court that he intended to join ISIS in Syria last November. The penalty for the federal crime is up to 15 years in prison.