Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

OBAMA IS GIVING away too much to big business. He will give away our freedom if he keeps on giving.

BEFORE YOU CALL Rep. John Barrow to vote for the U.S. Clean Air Act, know the facts and how it will affect you. This act will place heavy fines on industry, which will pass them on to the taxpayers. Prices will go up.

RANTS TO THE humorless crowd looking for something to "get" on Obama supporters. Now they criticize Wanda Sykes for her remark about Rush Limbaugh, who apparently is not suffering from kidney failure. Michael J. Fox, on the other hand, does suffer from Parkinson's disease, and Rush mocked his symptoms. Raves to the people who can tell the difference between Sykes' hyperbole and Rush's cruelty, and raves to Sykes for nailing the inhumane buffoon.

THE NATIONAL MEDIA are so biased toward positive coverage of Obama, they remind me of the old Soviet Tass news agency. The nation deserves better coverage than this bunch of suck-ups can deliver.

RANT FOR OUR commissioners, Time to get along, children. The TEE center was approved by the voters without the add-ons, and the baseball stadium is perfect where it is.

TO THE PERSON apologizing for the error in judgment in driving: My hat goes off to you for being able to " man up" or "woman up," as the case may be. I have had people pull out in front of me and never even look. And they scared 10 years off my life! Kudos to you. You are wise enough to learn from your mistake. God bless you!

THIS A RANT to the Richmond County Narcotics Division: I think that it is a sin and a shame that you have to use "confidential informants" (snitches) to set people up, just so you can look like a big shot and make an arrest. Then the real drug dealer gets a pat on the back and walks free. Good job. Keep the ones out there that are really slinging dope and take the ones who really aren't to jail. Ha, what a joke!

RANT TO DOCTORS telling you to "call 911 in case of emergency" after hours and having private home numbers. In the old days, you could call your doctor at his home any time in an emergency. This would have saved $1,500 for a simple prescription, which I had to get from the hospital emergency room.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/13/09 - 07:52 pm
A representative government

A representative government has been missing for a long time. We don't have a fully representative government in Washington, but it is better than what we had from 2003-2006. We have no representative government whatsoever in Columbia and haven't had a representative state government since the 1970s.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 07:52 pm
Willi to your standards I

Willi to your standards I guess CNN is a conservative news organization. Since, CNN still uses the words Male and female husband and wife him and her.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/13/09 - 07:54 pm
They are, milton. And not

They are, milton. And not because they use gender-segregated gerunds. It is because CNN have turned into a Fox News clone.

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 07:58 pm
LOL. Now I believe willi is

LOL. Now I believe willi is an AC plant to get more comments, just like Justice4. Notice, justice was not around today and willi commented more and more. willi, how much do they pay you for each post?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 08:00 pm
Willi...What the heck is

Willi...What the heck is gender-segregated gerunds. You are out there man!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 08:04 pm
Mr. Willi you give me some

Mr. Willi you give me some good laughs, but I have to go fishing to fulfill my hunter-gather male ego. Plus I just like to pollute the world with my 4wheel drive SUV, and my gas powered boat before this crazy world takes them away. See ya.

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 08:09 pm
milton, I'd like to know that

milton, I'd like to know that too.

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 08:12 pm
willi, at least give us an

willi, at least give us an example from CNN if you can't explain it.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 08:20 pm
KSL, I can't tell you how far

KSL, I can't tell you how far my jaw dropped when willy alleged conservative bias in the media... Then I remembered back to the Saddam coverup. Remember when Eason Jordan admitted in a national forum that CNN, under his leadership (kinda like Barney Frank's "leadership" of Freddie and Fannie, come to think of it) had knowingly, intentionally covered up the facts about the specifics of Saddam Hussein's torture rooms, rape rooms, tree shredders for the "opposition press," and direct payments to families of suicide bombers? That they had covered that up in order to protect their "access" to Hussein? That was the moment at which the American left decided that they needed to "distance" themselves from CNN (kinda like Obama distancing himself from Sykes, the day after). That was the moment in which the "conservative bias" myth was born...you can actually trace it with a simple Google search, which is what we all did at the time. Willy, being an incurious myrmidon who simply believes what she's told by her rulers, has never bothered to investigate such a connection, but that is the moment that the widely-acknowledged "Clinton News Network" got its "neocon" tag from the wacko left...

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 08:24 pm
Well, all I can tell you, is

Well, all I can tell you, is that I'm totally ignorant. I rarely watch TV. Guess that's why we don't own a flat screen.

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 08:25 pm
Thanks for your informative

Thanks for your informative posts. Where have you been of late?

Rose
Rose 05/13/09 - 08:28 pm
I have a comment about Earned

I have a comment about Earned Income Credit. I remember twice we qualified for EIC, and we certainly did not get thousands of dollars back from taxes.I don't remember the exact yrs, but our 2 youngest kids were at home and in school.We got about $300 back from taxes one of those yrs, and it really helped us. So everyone who gets the EIC do not get thousands back.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 08:30 pm
Got bumped for using naughty

Got bumped for using naughty words, KSL, and they must've logged my IP or something, b/c even with a new name, I couldn't post from certain locations...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 08:31 pm
Or, I don't know, maybe I was

Or, I don't know, maybe I was exhaling oxygen and got a little woozy...ya think? heh heh heh...

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 08:39 pm
It's pretty disgusting that

It's pretty disgusting that people can get banned for using naughty words but not for saying totally evil and untrue things about other posters. Still wish your wife would permit email. Would go through her, if necessary. Looking to celebrate no 41 with my husband this year.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/13/09 - 10:09 pm
Here is one example of CNN's

Here is one example of CNN's far right tilt: there are 104 pages about CNN on Media Matters. Anytime Media Matters have over 100 pages of your network on their site in just eight short years, you know that you are conservative. Also, CNN claimed in March that Dems gave AIG big fat bonuses that they abused.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/13/09 - 10:40 pm
If that is an example of the

If that is an example of the CNN copy catting Fox News, then they'd better give it up and keep to their leftie spin. It is certainly what they have been practicing the most and know the best. Yawn.

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 10:41 pm
Willi, you have got to be

Willi, you have got to be kidding.I don't normally call people names, but you are a total idiot or you are paid a dollar per post by the Chronicle.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 10:47 pm
Fish were not biting and its

Fish were not biting and its Barry's fault!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 10:52 pm
Mr. Willi if I think Fox is

Mr. Willi if I think Fox is moderate news which I only watch Sheperd Smith and the Special report with Bret, which are pretty well balanced at showing both sides of the democrats and the republicans. What am I?

KSL
KSL 05/13/09 - 11:10 pm
Much smarter than willi.

Much smarter than willi.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/13/09 - 11:20 pm
isthe moon still full???

isthe moon still full???

palomino9
palomino9 05/13/09 - 11:37 pm
get over it people, bush gave

get over it people, bush gave away America way before Obama became President. Obama is trying to correct the corruption of the bush admin.

FACTFINDER1
FACTFINDER1 05/14/09 - 12:01 am
I found this to be

I found this to be interesting that there were cases of video tapes being doctored. A producer-reporter was fired for altering a video in such a way as to put false and potentially inflammatory words into the mouth of Fox News anchor? The video was doctored by who a person who covered technology issues and produced promotional videos for Baltimore's NBC affiliate. There was the case of New York law enforcement caught doctoring video of an arrest. The charges were dropped after the edited video was exposed.

FACTFINDER1
FACTFINDER1 05/14/09 - 12:01 am
Then there was the case where

Then there was the case where a videotape shown to grand jurors and witnesses in preparation for their grand jury testimony that was speed up. The defendant’s lawyers hired a forensic video analyst, to review the tape. He determined that the tape that was shown to grand jurors was 208 percent faster than the actual events. There was another one where the supervisor screened this video feed, and made the conscious decision to preserve only four segments of approximately 15 minutes each – according to the defense attorneys who received it upon discovery release,” our intelligence source confided. It went on to say that the deliberate editing of the video showed the defendants in the worst possible light.

lostmymind
lostmymind 05/20/09 - 09:15 am
I think had_enough was right

I think had_enough was right used2 is full of s***