Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

OBAMA IS GIVING away too much to big business. He will give away our freedom if he keeps on giving.

BEFORE YOU CALL Rep. John Barrow to vote for the U.S. Clean Air Act, know the facts and how it will affect you. This act will place heavy fines on industry, which will pass them on to the taxpayers. Prices will go up.

RANTS TO THE humorless crowd looking for something to "get" on Obama supporters. Now they criticize Wanda Sykes for her remark about Rush Limbaugh, who apparently is not suffering from kidney failure. Michael J. Fox, on the other hand, does suffer from Parkinson's disease, and Rush mocked his symptoms. Raves to the people who can tell the difference between Sykes' hyperbole and Rush's cruelty, and raves to Sykes for nailing the inhumane buffoon.

THE NATIONAL MEDIA are so biased toward positive coverage of Obama, they remind me of the old Soviet Tass news agency. The nation deserves better coverage than this bunch of suck-ups can deliver.

RANT FOR OUR commissioners, Time to get along, children. The TEE center was approved by the voters without the add-ons, and the baseball stadium is perfect where it is.

TO THE PERSON apologizing for the error in judgment in driving: My hat goes off to you for being able to " man up" or "woman up," as the case may be. I have had people pull out in front of me and never even look. And they scared 10 years off my life! Kudos to you. You are wise enough to learn from your mistake. God bless you!

THIS A RANT to the Richmond County Narcotics Division: I think that it is a sin and a shame that you have to use "confidential informants" (snitches) to set people up, just so you can look like a big shot and make an arrest. Then the real drug dealer gets a pat on the back and walks free. Good job. Keep the ones out there that are really slinging dope and take the ones who really aren't to jail. Ha, what a joke!

RANT TO DOCTORS telling you to "call 911 in case of emergency" after hours and having private home numbers. In the old days, you could call your doctor at his home any time in an emergency. This would have saved $1,500 for a simple prescription, which I had to get from the hospital emergency room.

Comments (296)

George30909
George30909 05/13/09 - 12:40 pm

Message if you were not as

Message if you were not as full of Crap as a Honey Pot you would be running on EMPTY.

Hoss4
Hoss4 05/13/09 - 12:41 pm

Ness probably has a life

Ness probably has a life sized blow up doll of Pres Bush in his bedroom that he snuggles with every night. He's slightly obsessed with him.

God save America
God save America 05/13/09 - 12:44 pm

the richmond county narcotics

the richmond county narcotics division and other cop's around the country use confidential informents . informent's are sometimes the only way drug dealers are caught. so it's not a shame to use informents.

1trugent
1trugent 05/13/09 - 12:45 pm

Most people who can't afford

Most people who can't afford health care are the ones abusing their bodies with drugs and not necessarily illegal drugs, but socially accepted drugs like alcohol and tobacco. I tell you what, since these people will be the first ones screaming for the tax payer to pay for their doctor visits, let's just tack on another $25 on their carton of cigarettes and case of beer and let that money go for people who are in the hospital dying of lung cancer and liver disease. I certainly shouldn't be required to pay for it. And this is rant for all those who can afford to drink and smoke seven days a week, but can't pay for an ounce of healthy food.

George30909
George30909 05/13/09 - 12:46 pm

Hoss4 how many snorts did it

Hoss4 how many snorts did it take you to start seeing things or did you learn to count while learning Ebonics? Unless you call the ninth post in the response section where we can post the one you are talking about. Even if that is the case your count is still screwed.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/13/09 - 01:01 pm

1trugent, while your at it

1trugent, while your at it why don't they tack on another $25 on soft drinks (all that caffeine and sugar), hotdogs (you know all that fat isn't good for you), chinnese food and chips (way too much salt). And worst of all cookies, cakes, pies and little debbies too. I don't wish to pay for someone elses doctor's visit either but tacking on extra taxes on items we deem abusive doesn't really solve the problem. Education is a good start but ultimately, each individual needs to take responsibility for their own health and make good choices, but I don't see that happening any time soon....not when there aren't consequences.

God save America
God save America 05/13/09 - 01:03 pm

jack doctors have answering

jack doctors have answering services and if you call the service the doc. will call you back. he may tell you to call 911 because he can't come to your house and take you to the hospital.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 05/13/09 - 01:06 pm

Rave for the Star Trek

Rave for the Star Trek prequel. Zachary Quinto was a brilliant choice to play young Spock! LOVED the movie!

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 01:10 pm

used2, I simply made an

used2, I simply made an observation that your response was condescending and too harsh given had enough's situation. As for my comprehension skills and reading ability, you are no judge, that has any merit. Especially to me.

1trugent
1trugent 05/13/09 - 01:14 pm

It would be better for people

It would be better for people themselves pay for their own medical care than me. People have been educated enough about tobacco and alochol and still they just can't go without it. The old timers had an excuse because they didn't have programs such as A.C.E and D.A.R.E that talks about the harmful consequences of these drugs. They also didn't have PSA's like we do today. So I can completely understand their ignorance to the effects of these drugs. But not the people today. They just ignore it, then they get cancer or heart disease and want you and I to pay for it. Yes, I'm also against people eating at fast food establishments seven days a week as well and though its unhealthy, at least its food and not some type of drug.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 01:23 pm

elliott, I don't have any

elliott, I don't have any problem with you calling Cheney's daughter a dyke. I do not EXPECT anything but hate and double standards from the left. From Wilson's "right to self-determination" for every nation except the U.S., which he flooded with 100,000 domestic spies to imprison people who spoke out against the president, to Carter's "moral authority" that left him powerless to rescue civilians kidnapped on American soil, to Clinton's "wag the dog" failure to release weapons that were sitting in a laager in Mogadishu, waiting to be deployed, to Obama's "we will post every major piece of legislation on the web for five days before it's signed" "I will veto any bill that contains a single earmark" "I will not hire a single lobbyist", the liberal pattern is the same. It's not a question of whether or not the promise or position makes sense (all legislation contains earmarks, and every administration hires "experts" who can be defined as lobbyists), it's that the ink is not dry on the eternal pledge before it gets broken, in the same way that you and others protest about "hate" and then call someone's lesbian daughter a dyke, as if her "orientation" were cause for insult.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 01:25 pm

used2, one more thing. The

used2, one more thing. The little letters above the right hand corner of the box you type your messages in starts out at stating that you have 1200 characters left, you don't have to use them all on every single post. Just a hint there.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 01:26 pm

You are disgusting, and you

You are disgusting, and you OUGHT to be ashamed. I know better than to believe that you are ashamed, however. Liberalism, to the extremes that you express in this forum, is simply a case of arrested development. Toddlers are not ashamed when they get poop on their hands and smear it on the walls, and liberals are not ashamed when they betray their "principles" at the slightest provocation. You remind me of someone in my family (another liberal, imagine) who no longer gets invited to family functions, even by the other liberals in the family, because every time she starts to lose an argument, she starts screaming about how she doesn't "have to put up with this" and leaves...or, you know, gets drunk and punches someone. Reading your posts is the online equivalent, so I think I'll stop...

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 01:34 pm

I know people who get EIC and

I know people who get EIC and they have never gotten $6,000.00. Working families qualify for EIC and they don't get food stamps. Stop perpetuating lies about situations you know nothing about.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 01:34 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/13/white-house-obama-release-pho... finally did something right. And the ACLU says he's breaking his promise to be transparent. Whodathunkit?

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 01:39 pm

Yes about 20 of you are the

Yes about 20 of you are the same person.

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 01:42 pm

Obama is the POTUS and will

Obama is the POTUS and will continue as such. A little difference of opinion is good. You need to get a life.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 01:46 pm

Q2,Let me rephrase that to

Q2,Let me rephrase that to Single parents. I used to do taxes so I do know what people get back. A mom of three that makes 18,000 a year gets around 600 a month in stamps plus around 4000 to 6000.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 01:46 pm

Is that directed at me Q2?

Is that directed at me Q2?

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 01:49 pm

Sarah Palin called Miss CA in

Sarah Palin called Miss CA in support for her stand. Did she support Miss Hypocrite on the nude photos also? Check it out on TMZ. Sanctimonious nudist are always intriging

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 01:49 pm

Q2 are you ellienotness,

Q2 are you ellienotness, Willi, RCR?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/13/09 - 01:50 pm

There sure are a lot of empty

There sure are a lot of empty hooks in the old fishing hole today!

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 01:51 pm

HAHAHA........TMZ..........no

HAHAHA........TMZ..........now there's a place to get your news!

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 01:56 pm

That's not true. I know a

That's not true. I know a family with 3 children and they did not get $6,000.00. Someone is cheating on their taxes. Everyone that qualifies for EIC do not get food stamps. Workig families also can get it. You are making it seem like everyone who gets EIC also get food stamps and that is not true. Maybe that particular situation did, but don't make generalizations.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 01:57 pm

Q2 no not every situation,

Q2 no not every situation, but there are quite a few who know how to work the system.

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 01:58 pm

The pictures are on there. I

The pictures are on there. I just think it's funny for her to be so appalled by gay marriage, but showing your nude body to the workd is o.k. A case of calling the kettle black.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/13/09 - 01:58 pm

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/44883707.html After reading this I'll never complain about service in the Waffle House again!

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 02:00 pm

Milton, that is the gov't

Milton, that is the gov't problem to solve. On the other hand, people like Madoff also work the system.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 02:01 pm

Q2 I am not knocking anyone

Q2 I am not knocking anyone who needs temporary assistance. I am knocking those and the government that allows people to take advantage of Government provided assistance. It is supposed to be temporary like unemployment benefits.

Q2
Q2 05/13/09 - 02:03 pm

So what should the person in

So what should the person in your example do? Send the kids back?