Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

OBAMA IS GIVING away too much to big business. He will give away our freedom if he keeps on giving.

BEFORE YOU CALL Rep. John Barrow to vote for the U.S. Clean Air Act, know the facts and how it will affect you. This act will place heavy fines on industry, which will pass them on to the taxpayers. Prices will go up.

RANTS TO THE humorless crowd looking for something to "get" on Obama supporters. Now they criticize Wanda Sykes for her remark about Rush Limbaugh, who apparently is not suffering from kidney failure. Michael J. Fox, on the other hand, does suffer from Parkinson's disease, and Rush mocked his symptoms. Raves to the people who can tell the difference between Sykes' hyperbole and Rush's cruelty, and raves to Sykes for nailing the inhumane buffoon.

THE NATIONAL MEDIA are so biased toward positive coverage of Obama, they remind me of the old Soviet Tass news agency. The nation deserves better coverage than this bunch of suck-ups can deliver.

RANT FOR OUR commissioners, Time to get along, children. The TEE center was approved by the voters without the add-ons, and the baseball stadium is perfect where it is.

TO THE PERSON apologizing for the error in judgment in driving: My hat goes off to you for being able to " man up" or "woman up," as the case may be. I have had people pull out in front of me and never even look. And they scared 10 years off my life! Kudos to you. You are wise enough to learn from your mistake. God bless you!

THIS A RANT to the Richmond County Narcotics Division: I think that it is a sin and a shame that you have to use "confidential informants" (snitches) to set people up, just so you can look like a big shot and make an arrest. Then the real drug dealer gets a pat on the back and walks free. Good job. Keep the ones out there that are really slinging dope and take the ones who really aren't to jail. Ha, what a joke!

lostmymind
lostmymind 05/13/09 - 10:55 am
JUST ranting about my

JUST ranting about my situation...not asking for a hand out just a solution

Nero
Nero 05/13/09 - 10:55 am
Because they are 100%

Because they are 100% taxpayer funded.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 11:00 am
"HOW much do you pay for YOUR

"HOW much do you pay for YOUR health care? Do YOU pay $1283 a MONTH??? Do YOU??? tell me How can a person who has been laid off PAY THAT much a MONTH!!!!!!" A) I wish I only paid that much per month, and you ought to see the deductibles and copays. B) I knew that I would need to pay for things like that, so I have budgeted my money, chosen not to buy some things, and been as smart as I know how to be with the limited income I have C) All that said, I understand that one stroke of bad luck could put me in a situation in which I would be truly thankful that the U.S. does not have debtor's prison (unless the IRS is your creditor) D) If I were laid off, I would be looking for a job, any job, 24/7, not posting on these boards E) I don't see how anything proposed by the current Congress (or the previous one...or signed by Bush...or signed by Obama...) is going to help someone who is laid off, can't pay for health insurance, and wants his kid to get a learner's permit...? What's the connection? Increasing tax burdens, thereby damping economic activity, thereby reducing the number of jobs available, is somehow going to produce a benefit for you? How?

mad_max
mad_max 05/13/09 - 11:03 am
To the ranter on here the

To the ranter on here the other day drooling and froothing about how Obama's plan was working and how that stuck in our throat. Did you bother to look at the numbers today. Retail sales still going down. Foreclosures still going WAY up. And to cover Obama's spending we are now borrowing, mainly from the Chinese, $.46 for every $1 we are spending today. Now Obama wants to give us national healthcare. We can't even pay for the Medicare/Medicaid we already have. Of course he says he can fund that by raising the tax on your 40 oz. and scrawberry sodas. Yeh right. So now he's taxed cigarettes, soda, alcohol, and rich people. He's is still short $.46 on the dollar. What's he tax next? Electricity, gasoline, natural gas and coal through his Cap and Trade (Carbon Tax). He wants all that by July. So Dems, in 6 months he will have taxed his way from the rich people down to you and when it hits you I will want to know how it feels when it sticks in YOUR throat. Of course you can still get your dope tax free. After all, Obama knows where his ACORN voters come from.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 11:08 am
used2B, you need to lighten

used2B, you need to lighten up a bit before you burst something. How do you know this person hasn't done the same things you say you have done? Were you able to gather that this person hasn't in the very short rant she made about her situation? I don't think so. I'm not taking sides here; but, don't jump to conclusions pal. Your "Preaching" is really sickening.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 11:09 am
I mean, health insurance

I mean, health insurance premiums go up, because health care costs go up. Insurers would capture market share and be MUCH more profitable if they could lower the cost of their policies, because people would keep those policies rather than give them up when the price goes too high (I know that liberals have a hard time with market concepts, but, excepting the case of government bailout money, private companies only make money when they sell something). Thus, if health care costs decreased, or increased more slowly, then insurers would pay out less in payments for care, and could charge less. So, let's do something sensible, like what is happening in every other sector: eliminate redundant positions in health care, reduce the salary increases for the coming year, and seek increased worker productivity in the industry. You know, measures like California (that right-wing bastion!) took for the upcoming state budget year, a budget approved by the democrats in the state legislature. Only SEIU put pressure on Pres. Obama, and his admin threatened to withhold $7Billion in stimulus money if California did anything to...slow the increase in the cost of health care.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 11:09 am
Just asking the question,

Just asking the question, again: how does that benefit you???

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/13/09 - 11:11 am
poof....

poof....

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/13/09 - 11:11 am
w00t!!!

w00t!!!

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 11:12 am
"used2B, you need to lighten

"used2B, you need to lighten up a bit before burst something. How do you know this person hasn't done the same things you say you have done? Were you able to gather that this person hasn't in the very short rant she made about her situation? I don't think so. I'm not taking sides here; but, don't jump to conclusions pal. Your "Preaching" is really sickening." I'm pretty relaxed, gObama... If you have any reading comprehension skills, I suggest that you exercise them on my posts, so that you can respond to what I have ACTUALLY said, not what you THINK I have said... My post does not imply that had_ had done anything "wrong," I am simply asking what he or she proposes that we DO about the situation? What is the proper response to the fact that his or her son wants a learner's permit, or to the fact that his or her insurance is expensive? Everyone's insurance is expensive, and everyone's kid wants to drive a car...so?

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 11:27 am
used2, you're pretty funny.

used2, you're pretty funny. You're also preaching! "If you have any reading comprehension skills, I suggest that you exercise them on my posts." Please don't try to intimidate me. It doesn't work. The very nature of your post explaining all the wonderful things you have done to protect yourself implies that this person hasn't. You're posts also makes you sound crass and egotistical.

Ode
Ode 05/13/09 - 11:28 am
Healthcare is not a right. It

Healthcare is not a right. It is a privilege and if you want it then just pay for it just like a TV or a car. If you can't pay for it then don't seek it and don't ask for me, other taxpayers, or the government to pay for it. When will people ever learn to be responsible for themselves and actually SAVE money for a rainy day instead of wanting a handout, stop having children they can not afford, stop complaining they can't get a job when the root cause is they never sacrificed earlier in their their life to educate themself and acquire a useful skill, stop complaining about the "corrupt" financial system "stealing" half of their 401k because the individual has no concept of financial markets and doesn't know a bond from a stock? Get a grip and support yourself.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 11:29 am
Had enough.... worked and

Had enough.... worked and paid taxes for ten years, and I am sure more than that. If it wasn't for the dead beats we could afford to help those who are really in need. When someone who has paid their dues needs some assistance they are left cold in the dark. While the leaches of this nation suck us dry and are getting fatter every day off the section 8 housing and food stamps. If our taxes were not so high from supporting the dead beats we would have more money in savings for hard times such as these. USE2b have a heart, not everyone is looking for a freebie. The only assistance I have ever had was Unemployment and Peach care for my son. I didn't like neither but my sons health was more important then my pride. He was not on it for long, and my other 2 younger sons were never on it.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 11:32 am
By the way, it's called

By the way, it's called compassion. As milton said, I don't think had_enough is looking for a hand out. Mainly vent frustration and you have to come in and blast him/her like you did.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 11:39 am
Ode when it comes to the

Ode when it comes to the welfare of my kids my pride won't get in the way. I did work hard and put myself through school. Also, I pay in taxes what most people make in a month. I looked at the amount of money I have paid into SS 10's of thousands of dollars. That is money I could have in my bank account right now! We need a fair tax system. These people who earn 18,000 year and have several kids get back UNEARNED income tax check of $6000 my hard earned money gone to waste. Not to mention the also get around $600 in food stamps a month. That is 1100 dollars a month free.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 11:39 am
goBama, trying to have a

goBama, trying to have a rational discussion with you is kind of like lifting weights. It's hard, and it actually produces nothing, but it's good exercise, and I'm working with a dumbbell in both cases. The reason I asked you to exercise your reading comprehension skills is that I had not even read had_enough's posts, and was making a general reply to someone who was talking about the "doctor's union" when had-enough came up with THIS little gem: ".Used2bJonny is full of sh@*!!! I was with this company for 10 years and now everything that I have worked hard for could be thrown down the drain!" Now, if someone is going to say that I'm full of something, then I think it's ok if I respond and give some rational underpinning for my point of view, isn't it? And then, in response to my reply, had_ came up with this little challenge: "HOW much do you pay for YOUR health care? Do YOU pay $1283 a MONTH??? Do YOU??? tell me How can a person who has been laid off PAY THAT much a MONTH!!!!!" So I answered his questions, while acknowledging that there is NO way for me, him, or anyone else to be sure that we will NEVER find ourselves in that sort of situation.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 11:45 am
My replies ended with a

My replies ended with a request that had_ simply clarify what it is that he wants, to solve his problem. He's hanging out posting in a message board instead of looking for work, he's acknowledged that the gov't is paying 65% of his COBRA, and he has referenced his concern that his kid's car insurance is going to be very expensive. So, does he want a job posting in local bbs's? Does he want gov't to pay 100% of his COBRA? Does he want subsidized car insurance? I believe that those are all reasonable statements, given had_enough's rants today, and in no case have I been "judgmental," as you allege, unless you believe it is judgmental to answer someone's questions and ask them what the solution is that they propose. I have also refrained from saying that had_enough is "full of ^$%&^," and I have also refrained from accusing you of being intimidating or arrogant, even though those would not be unreasonable conclusions to draw from the statements you've directed at me. I have suggested that you're not all that bright, but, come on, all you had to do was read a couple little paragraphs and you could have followed the ACTUAL conversation, rather than your straw man...

Lou Cipher
Lou Cipher 05/13/09 - 11:45 am
If Obama was part of a

If Obama was part of a militant/radical/Muslim international group intent on taking over this country in a way that was soft and not well seen.... what would he be doing differently than now?

jack
jack 05/13/09 - 11:46 am
RANT TO DOCTORS telling you

RANT TO DOCTORS telling you to "call 911 in case of emergency" after hours and having private home numbers. In the old days, you could call your doctor at his home any time in an emergency. This would have saved $1,500 for a simple prescription, which I had to get from the hospital emergency room.....There are other emergency type clinics in the area open 24/7. Urgent MD on Wheeler Rd near Doctor's Hospital is one of them and has two great physicians and staff that specialize in emergency care 24/7 (except Sunday mornings for church). Anything REQUIRING an ER visit, an ambulance is called for you.

jack
jack 05/13/09 - 11:47 am
G'Day to all you lovely birds

G'Day to all you lovely birds and crusty ole blokes. Anyone seen PTHS lately? Know his whereabouts?

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/13/09 - 11:48 am
Some of you guys are sick.

Some of you guys are sick. Obama is part of a " Militant/radical?Muslim international group" ? What is he listed on their web site? Does he carry a membership card? Better yet, is it painted on the side of Air Force One?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 11:50 am
So 18,000 a year plus 13,200

So 18,000 a year plus 13,200 in federal aid. Wow!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/13/09 - 12:08 pm
Jack, didn't you know, PTHS

Jack, didn't you know, PTHS is all of us and we are all PTHS!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/13/09 - 12:14 pm
None of us are real, we are

None of us are real, we are just a subroutine programmed into the AC's website..tho i would think even AI would have more intelligence than some of the posts in here

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/13/09 - 12:14 pm
LOL CBBP! We ought to rename

LOL CBBP! We ought to rename ourself(s) Sybil!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/13/09 - 12:16 pm
&#9834 we all live in a

&#9834 we all live in a yellow subroutine &#9834

Nero
Nero 05/13/09 - 12:17 pm
Reminds me of "I am the

Reminds me of "I am the walrus" by The Beatles......

elliottness
elliottness 05/13/09 - 12:21 pm
oh used2bjonny boo hoo.i'm

oh used2bjonny boo hoo.i'm not the least bit ashamed and when the truth about this torture and 911 emerge you may thank me then.his daughter is a dyke or slang for lesbian.she is married or cohabitates with another dyke named poe. they have a test tube baby that both are raising.remember the republicans are the "moral party" (excuse me while i get up off the floor from laughing)they came into washington to clean up that awful clinton stench.and baby they cleaned up alright! weirdest, freakiest crowd since sodom and gomorrah.a male prostitute visits 2oo times no one knows where he is or was in our whitehouse! got any more moral stories for us?hey irish ain't nothing behind the trees it's all right in your face but you can't see the forest for the trees,dolt lunchtime.before i go though you guys don't mind attacking either obama personally so hey let's play ball! we beat the repukes down on aol but they couldn't have us removed so they left, typical republican i'll take 5 deferments please!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/13/09 - 12:35 pm
Sounds like ness took a

Sounds like ness took a deferment on his mind!

Hoss4
Hoss4 05/13/09 - 12:39 pm
To the crack head rantor #9:

To the crack head rantor #9: How many snorts does it take for one to come up with your conclusion?