Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

OBAMA IS GIVING away too much to big business. He will give away our freedom if he keeps on giving.

BEFORE YOU CALL Rep. John Barrow to vote for the U.S. Clean Air Act, know the facts and how it will affect you. This act will place heavy fines on industry, which will pass them on to the taxpayers. Prices will go up.

RANTS TO THE humorless crowd looking for something to "get" on Obama supporters. Now they criticize Wanda Sykes for her remark about Rush Limbaugh, who apparently is not suffering from kidney failure. Michael J. Fox, on the other hand, does suffer from Parkinson's disease, and Rush mocked his symptoms. Raves to the people who can tell the difference between Sykes' hyperbole and Rush's cruelty, and raves to Sykes for nailing the inhumane buffoon.

THE NATIONAL MEDIA are so biased toward positive coverage of Obama, they remind me of the old Soviet Tass news agency. The nation deserves better coverage than this bunch of suck-ups can deliver.

RANT FOR OUR commissioners, Time to get along, children. The TEE center was approved by the voters without the add-ons, and the baseball stadium is perfect where it is.

TO THE PERSON apologizing for the error in judgment in driving: My hat goes off to you for being able to " man up" or "woman up," as the case may be. I have had people pull out in front of me and never even look. And they scared 10 years off my life! Kudos to you. You are wise enough to learn from your mistake. God bless you!

THIS A RANT to the Richmond County Narcotics Division: I think that it is a sin and a shame that you have to use "confidential informants" (snitches) to set people up, just so you can look like a big shot and make an arrest. Then the real drug dealer gets a pat on the back and walks free. Good job. Keep the ones out there that are really slinging dope and take the ones who really aren't to jail. Ha, what a joke!

RANT TO DOCTORS telling you to "call 911 in case of emergency" after hours and having private home numbers. In the old days, you could call your doctor at his home any time in an emergency. This would have saved $1,500 for a simple prescription, which I had to get from the hospital emergency room.

Nero
Nero 05/13/09 - 09:03 am
On the Social Security issue,

On the Social Security issue, here is what changed yesterday when the revised estimates were released. In only 4 months the Obama administration's polices have moved up the collapse date by 4 years.

lostmymind
lostmymind 05/13/09 - 09:04 am
Question: How is a family

Question: How is a family supposed to pay for COBRA when you have lost a job. The monthly rate is expensive. I know the gov will pay 65% of it now, but it still cost too much, and the company will not let you switch to a lower cost coverage, only when they have open enrollment. If I knew that my job would be eliminated then I would have got the cheaper insurance rate. HELP US PLEASE!

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/13/09 - 09:10 am
good morning

good morning everyone........tis a loverly day to set up the pool.......(please Lord let the ground be level)...lol,,looks like the gnats are out early this morning.......just swat them away.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 05/13/09 - 09:12 am
Q2, just what is it with the

Q2, just what is it with the PTHS obsession? Yesterday I was PTHS. Then Nero is PTHS. Today a female is now a male and is PTHS. Who's it going to be tomorrow. Have you ever thought about seeking professional help?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 09:21 am
Had enough I know what you

Had enough I know what you are going through, and I wish this nation had a more affordable privatized health care system, but with all the pork projects, bail outs, stimulus packages. This nation can't afford it. One proven fact 1 out of every 10 Americans are supported by food stamps EBT cards. This program is intended as a temporary program to help those in need until they are able to feed themselves and their families. People and Politicians have abused this program and it is using up a huge portion of our nations resources. One more example, this nation provides health care and food stamps to illegals that cross the border. We can't afford to provide food and health care for the Mexicans.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 09:25 am
Whew! Boy, let me say,

Whew! Boy, let me say, please, that I cannot EXPRESS my RELIEF at the end of the Bush Administration. America's long, dark, national nightmare is finally over! I am so inspired by President Obama, that I feel like going out and filming an Ashton-Kucher-inspired clip in which I, too, can "pledge to be a servant to our President." Phooey on all you utter morons who think that politicians are supposed to be OUR servants; we find no greater glory than in serving the people's elected rulers. Today is a perfect example of that. President Obama, true to his centrist beliefs and his focus on deficit reduction, has proposed a mere $3.6Trillion budget. I wish that he would go a little further, slap those stupid Republicans down, and really go for the CHANGE we all voted for, though. I mean, his deficit ALONE in this first year is only within $100B of George Bush's entire first year budget! We can do better...next year, $4.6T...who's with me? After all, if we can only send a paltry $2.6 million of our money to train Chinese prostitutes how to drink responsibly (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=47976), then clearly we're cutting the budget too much...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 09:30 am
Now, I will admit that my

Now, I will admit that my formerly conservative, underpowered little brain still has some vestiges of logic and common sense in it, but I'm working hard to root them out. Let's see...when you are proposing a $3.6Trillion budget, based on the assumption that your socialized medicine initiative will only cost $634Billion over the next 10 years (even though your own CBO is telling you that it will be $1.5Trillion), when both Medicare AND Social Security are going bankrupt a year ahead of schedule (how dare those rich people earn less money and pay less in tax!), in that context, the President is right to be snide when talking to critics of his $17Billion in "cuts" (which can't be cut, b/c the budget categories are fixed; they can only be reallocated). As he said, "outside of Washington, $17Billion is 'real money' no matter what the party of No wants to believe." $2.6Million, though, is apparently NOT 'real money', since we are going to spend it trying to change the alcohol consumption of Chinese prostitutes. Not Chinese prostitutes in Chinatown, SF, LA, NY, mind you...Chinese prostitutes in CHINA. In Guanxi province, to be precise.

message
message 05/13/09 - 09:32 am
To the snitches who like to

To the snitches who like to by used by the narcotivcs divison,We just roll out a new program if you snitch and we make the arrest we are going to put your picture in the news paper next to the drugs we confiscated and then you will be the big shot.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 09:38 am
Had Enough.... Used2bJonny

Had Enough.... Used2bJonny supported my answer to your question!

Irish
Irish 05/13/09 - 09:38 am
When we finally stop

When we finally stop accepting what a handful of elites in washington force on us and take back responsibility we will move forward. How on earth did we allow the senate and house to dictate rather than serve. Pelosi and Reid have decided to ram through rather than debate and amend every issue. All incumbents need to be seriously looked at and possibly removed in 2010. Starting with Lindsey Graham of S.C. and John McCain....both are too far out of touch to be of any good and frankly I am tired of Lindsey telling me I just don't get it..There are good people out there who are afraid to run because the media destroys those who oppose their pets......

mad_max
mad_max 05/13/09 - 09:40 am
Well, as of yesterday our

Well, as of yesterday our government was borrowing $.46 for every $1 it spends. The Chinese already hold the title to this country. Obama is making Jimmy Carter look like an economic genius. 3/4 of this is Obama spending, not Bush or anyone else. This country cannot survive this kind of deficit spending. It is a matter of common sense, which I admit there is very little of anymore. This is like you promising to pay $1000 a month on car when you only have $540 a month income. So then you turn around and borrow another $460 a month to make your car payment. It just won't work. You might get away with it a few months, and you might be able to ride in that car for a while, but you will soon be walking and still owe more money than you make. And now Obama thinks he can pay for national health care by taxing cigarettes AGAIN, alchohol, and sweet soft drinks. I hate to tell him, but he has already killed the cigarette golden goose. I wonder if ACORN told all of those fine Dems they registered that Obama was going double the price of their 40 oz., a dime bag was going to cost 2 dimes, and that scrawberry soda was going to $2?

What4
What4 05/13/09 - 09:41 am
Most other countries do not

Most other countries do not have the doctor's union we have in the US. Qualified pharmacists and other practitioners dispense simple prescriptions for the types of things our indigents and others must clog the ER to get. Medical system reform would not be all bad; but the real issues will never be addressed.

elliottness
elliottness 05/13/09 - 09:53 am
i only have 3 little peeves

i only have 3 little peeves this morning.b favre please go away! you had a good career don't tarnish it.take mike tyson, larry holmes,and lee trevino with you.imagine trevino giving tips to tiger woods? nicklaus was the best ever woods will be next.trevino won what 6 majors in 50 years?next mccartney, and jagger have all of your vinyl records please go away now! 67 year old grandpas jamming in front of 60 yr old guys with salt and pepper ponytails who like their wives can't see their feet unless their lying down, is not a pretty sight. pull the plug please.to irish you didn't respond to my 10:16 post yesterday, i don't blame you i wouldn't want to defend bush either. ksl, i am a full fledged democrat, i think pelosi is a disgrace and have said so.but i'd sure rather look behind our prez and see her and "amtrack joe" anyday than snarling cheney and fatboy hastert.hey cheney! won't be long now brother before you face the glaring cameras and senate hearings and we see you go to prison.(with bush) spend as much time with lynne, the dyke, and the test tube baby as you can,you pos!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 09:56 am
If you have a regular DR, and

If you have a regular DR, and you are about to lose your health care. Go see the doctor and discuss what he can do for you. I faced that situation once and the DR did what he could legally to help me out. Also, they will lower their rate for you and work with you on payments. They want to keep you, DR's rely on repeat customers just like any other business.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 10:01 am
Doctor's (sic) union? Didn't

Doctor's (sic) union? Didn't know doctors had a UNION... See, now, as an old guy, I remember "back when" health care did not cost too much. Know why? Because we never went to the doctor. We got our kiddie vaccines, and then we saw a doc when we had a broken limb. People who got cancer, died. People who got terrible meningitis or creeping neuropathy, died. People who got infections that did not respond to antibiotics, died. People who lost limbs rode around in clunky wheelchairs. People who were depressed either lived, depressed and miserable, or they committed suicide. It was terrible, but it was very, very cheap. The combined efforts of a huge portion of society have resulted in serious changes. 80% of childhood leukemia patients live, thanks to the effort and brain power of a huge portion of society. And, it turns out that when you dedicate your life, your talent, your brain, and your investment capital, into devising treatments that will SAVE PEOPLE'S LIVES (or allow them to enjoy a sex life again), you can charge a lot of $ for that. Now, we may decide that we're not going to pay that $ anymore; fine, but don't expect the benefits.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 10:02 am
Ellie that was a funny post,

Ellie that was a funny post, However, Barry's financial supporters such as move on, and other progressive PAC's will keep pushing his agenda. He is a puppy to the Big Money just like all the rest of 2 party politicians. Its organized political corruption, that is ruining this country. As the bible says God will bring confusion to those nations leaders that disobey his word. This is mass confusion.

elliottness
elliottness 05/13/09 - 10:06 am
max we owed the chinese way

max we owed the chinese way before obama took office. it"s awfully nice that you repukes are so concerned now but weren't for 8 years.over half a trillion was wasted in iraq.what do we have to show for it? not one picture of anything built (except the embassy which i've yet to see a picture of) most of the money was stolen by american contractors and smuglled back over here,few buildings were completed.they still have very little electricity, filthy water, and a school sysyem in tatters.soldiers getting shocked in showers built by the biggest rogue company of all time kbr,halliburtons old stepchild.soldiers turning on their own now, they've gone over the edge,was it worth it? maybe to you, but not to me.breaktime

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 10:06 am
Or, we can decide that we

Or, we can decide that we will all, pay a "fair" amount as a society, to provide a "quality" healthcare system for all; in essence, declare healthcare a "right." Again, we can choose to do that (it'd be unconstitutional, but that hasn't been much of an issue, of late...ask Kelo), but we have to accept the consequences. "Price" is not something that any one person or actor "sets." "Price" is a control mechanism--price goes up, people consume as little as they can. Price goes down, people consume as much as makes them happy. Eliminate price as a control on healthcare (or housing...or food...it's all the same, it's a commodity), and people's "need" will expand infinitely. Nobody is ever "perfectly" healthy or feels "perfectly" good. Ergo, some system of control will have to replace price. Once a "fair" price and a "quality" healthcare system become fully political determinations, then those decisions will become politicized. The seeds are already there, for anyone who can read a paper. There's no need to spend a bazillion dollars on Aunt Fanny, after all, if she's older and no longer a "contributing" member of society. In fact, if she dies, we get to collect the death tax sooner...

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 10:11 am
funny how elliott and other

funny how elliott and other "tolerant" liberals are so quick to throw around the insults directed at members of "protected" classes when those individuals whom they are insulting can somehow be linked with someone they don't like. Here The Most Ethical And Transparent Congress In History is about to pass utterly unconstitutional hate crimes legislation, and The Most Ethical And Transparent President In History will (surely after posting it for 5 days on the web, right? Right?! RIGHT?!!!) sign it, and yet elliott is calling Cheney's daughter "the dyke." What if we call Biden "the retard"? Are we engaging in hate speech? Elliott, you truly should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not playing, now...that's beneath the dignity of any human being, and you debase yourself, not the man's daughter or the man himself. You truly ought to be ashamed.

elliottness
elliottness 05/13/09 - 10:13 am
i concur uncle milty. this

i concur uncle milty. this country hit rock bottom many years ago. now we have jack van impe and his goofy wife telling us we will all be gone by 2017 oh my jack! we sold out a long time ago milt, it's just a dog eat dog world now.any solutions? me neither, and so it goes~

Irish
Irish 05/13/09 - 10:18 am
Idiotmess: I didn't respond

Idiotmess: I didn't respond because unlike you I have a life. I wasn't out chasing some fanticy or looking for hidden agendas behind the trees. And unlike you I decide who what when where and how I respond. I don't read the daily propoganda and marching orders to know what I think. Now you go on and put your little tin foil admirals cap back on and tell yourself that you matter. Most people read your rants for the entertainment value and really don't take them serious enough to warrant a reply. By the way which one of your many personas is writing today.....tell all the others I said hi....remember they're coming to take you away ...keep looking over your shoulder because they have the butterfly net out for you.....

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 05/13/09 - 10:19 am
Good morning all. Have a

Good morning all. Have a blessed day.

Irish
Irish 05/13/09 - 10:29 am
The UP wire announced today

The UP wire announced today that there were 40 briefings of the members of congress on the interrogation procedures. Nanci pelosi and harry reid attended numerous times.. I guess the facts should not get in the way of the media protecting them. Hillary baked cookies while white water was happening and Bill didn't even realize he was having sex. No wonder Idiotmess and the rest are in a quandry........

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/13/09 - 10:35 am
Had enough I am in the same

Had enough I am in the same boat as you. I lost everything I had through a divorce and now that I am finally getting it all back i am facing a lay off. Its just life, keep your faith, material things come and go. Keep your faith in God and you will never sink. The world does not control your destiny, your faith does.

Ode
Ode 05/13/09 - 10:46 am
Why hasn't the media given

Why hasn't the media given David Feherty and his humorous remarks the same free pass that they are giving Wanda Sykes? Could it be because they are hypocrites?

Nero
Nero 05/13/09 - 10:46 am
The price of a postage stamp

The price of a postage stamp has gone up to 44 cents. The government says they had to raise the price because fewer people are using the mail these days. That's government thinking for you — "Hey nobody's buying our products . . . let's raise the price!" - Jay Leno

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 10:48 am
"I was with this company for

"I was with this company for 10 years and now everything that I have worked hard for could be thrown down the drain! All it will take is for someone in my family to have a health crisis and bam! There goes my house, our cars (and they are a few years old not new) savings...everything." had enough...don't know how you conclude that I am "full" of anything...the fact is, you cannot force people to be your health care slaves. If you want the best health care in the world, you will have to pay for it. If you as a customer do not pay for it, then some other person will have to pay for it. Thus, rather than you paying a bill, some other person will pay taxes, which will be redirected to pay your bill. Those are really the only two options: either YOU pay for YOUR healthcare, or you use the police power of the state to require someone ELSE to pay for your health care. Option number three would be that NOBODY pays for it, in which case, it does not exist, right? You can argue the merits or the justice, but not the FACTS...

lostmymind
lostmymind 05/13/09 - 10:49 am
You are right milton1874..its

You are right milton1874..its just life. I just have a need to rant LOL! (Psalm 40 is great during times like this)

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/13/09 - 10:51 am
"My son needs braces, wants

"My son needs braces, wants to get his learners permit, and I can't afford the insurance. " Gosh, so now, in addition to asking that other people pay for your health insurance, are you ALSO asking that we pay for your son's auto insurance? That seems ridiculous, but for the life of me, I cannot attribute any other meaning to this...what the hell is the relevance of your son's desire to get a learner's permit? When I got my license, my parents required that I first save enough money to pay for my first year's insurance. That gave me a year to get a job, make some money, save a percentage for the second year's insurance...gee, guess I was abused or something...

lostmymind
lostmymind 05/13/09 - 10:51 am
HOW much do you pay for YOUR

HOW much do you pay for YOUR health care? Do YOU pay $1283 a MONTH??? Do YOU??? tell me How can a person who has been laid off PAY THAT much a MONTH!!!!!!

Vehicle overturns in Belk's parking lot

NORTH AUGUSTA -- An accident in the Belk's parking lot caused an SUV to overturn Saturday, leaving the drivers of both vehicles shaken but unharmed.