News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A REASSURING RAVE to the staff of Augusta Oncology Associates at University Hospital. I was recently referred to them for some tests and have found everyone in that office, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors, to be incredibly courteous and professional.

RANT FOR SRS and DOE: A new contractor, offshoot from old WSRC, with 100 percent same management team has really stirred the pot -- more layoffs and soon.

THIS IS A RANT for the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown. Don't do it! The stadium is now in a great location, there's a nice view, is not that old and in good condition, and lots of local people would be put off by this (expensive) move.

A RAVE FOR the Fort Gordon Service Club, which gave away more than $30,000 in scholarships and grants last Thursday. Another great year of service to the community by this wonderful organization!

RANTS TO ALL news media for showing the daily Obama live soap operas. Every day, all day, etc. My sources tell me that 90 percent of the public don't like them. OK?

TO THE FOLKS in Silverlake who play their music every time they're in the pool -- turn it down! Those of us on Bass Drive don't want to hear it. Have some respect for our wish for a peaceful Saturday, OK?

DON'T YOU REALIZE that when you blow your lawn mess into the street it gets all over everyone's cars? Use a broom, sweep it up, throw your trash away!

I CAN SEE both sides of the Justin Elmore case. Yes, they could have shot at the tires instead of him, and of course they thought they were in danger, but you know what? Life isn't fair. Yes, they believed the little girl because her story was consistent with the tapes. Everyone else lied. God rest Justin Elmore's soul, and the people in Cherry Tree need to move on. This is what they expect you to do. Carry on and on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

THANKS TO THE SWEET and helpful young man who helped me when I fell in the parking lot of Kmart. God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the gas prices. Wake up America, we're about to get hosed again on these high gas prices. What is the reason for it this time?

THIS IS A RANT to our commissioners. Please give us our TEE center so that we can attract business and commerce to our area.

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 11:27 am
oh..and if the topic ever

oh..and if the topic ever comes up again...anyone needing sand or other such supplies in North Augusta...The Yard Shop...on edgefield Rd.....seems like nice folks.............

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 11:37 am
Some of the Harvard and Yale

Some of the Harvard and Yale colleges don't even have a grading system. Wonder why?

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 05/12/09 - 11:39 am
This just in, Miss California

This just in, Miss California gets to keep her title......Donald Trump made the final decision.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/12/09 - 11:40 am
dclark, I understand that

dclark, I understand that jack234 is referring to Tiger Woods. I was being sarcastic in my comparison with the animal "tiger". Some people have no sense of humor. As for being a Christian and judging. I do think you need to go back and refer to your bible on the subject. Read the whole chapter of Matthew 7, not just the part you want to take out of context. Christ does command us to judge our fellow brothers and sisters with righteous judgement. As for my observation of Obama's salvation, it was just that an observation. I'm not judging him, all I was saying is that by his actions he does not appear to have Chrisitan characteristics. Were you not also judging me by your comments??? Don't worry, I take no offense.

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/12/09 - 11:42 am
IRISH, I must have missed

IRISH, I must have missed where it was stated as a fact, that Obama benefited from Affirmative Action. Can you please cite your source?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 11:42 am
The gay man in his

The gay man in his announcement yesterday said he was just to tired and it was up to Donny. Good for Donny, this is why he is a billionaire.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/12/09 - 11:47 am
All Hail Obamanomics as GM

All Hail Obamanomics as GM follows Chrystler into bankrupcy

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/12/09 - 11:48 am
all those staunch DEM

all those staunch DEM supporiting union workers will now pay for being duped as their power and bennies crash under the bankrupcy

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/12/09 - 11:50 am
National health care ahh now

National health care ahh now we get to see if the government can screw up medicine as quickly and efficiantly as it did education as we travel merrily down the road to mediocracy following the pipper

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/12/09 - 11:53 am
Having a speech impediment is

Having a speech impediment is one matter, but Obama's awkward struggling during public speeches if his teleprompter fails is a different problem altogether. The most basic rule for speech giving is to KNOW your subject inside and out so that you will be ready for any sort of surprise or interruption that may arise. A speech giver who is not knowledgeable about his topic will fall to pieces and will frequently stutter when something as simple as his teleprompter fails..............

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 11:55 am
auh huh bub da I'm going to

auh huh bub da I'm going to spread the wealth, well you get what you voted for.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 11:57 am
Eyes - That is exactly the

Eyes - That is exactly the problem. He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about, ever. He is pretty good about reading Queen Nancy's and Dingy Harry's domestic fantasies off the screen. It's going to kill us (literally) when he is in closed door meetings with hostile world leaders. They are very good at this game, he is not, neither is Hillary.

elliottness
elliottness 05/12/09 - 12:10 pm
hurlyburly, i don't think

hurlyburly, i don't think bush is smiling at all. he knows as does darth vader that it's just a matter of time before the /// hits the fan! that senator leahy or whoever it was dick told to eff off is going to nail him yet! what goes around comes around criminals! ya hoo! lunchtime.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/12/09 - 12:11 pm
Nero, I find it interesting

Nero, I find it interesting that the puppeteers selected someone who cannot verbally support their issues in front of an audience if there is any sort of a distraction. I understand that they would not want a self thinker, but at least they should have chosen someone who can convincingly parrot their rhetoric and not come across as a bumbler.......

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 12:12 pm
ICL, blasting a guy from who

ICL, blasting a guy from who you "think" or "appears" to be happening in your eyes is wrong. You don't spend the day with him, you don't know what he does everyday or how he truly treats people. So, pardon me for pointing out what you were doing. You say these things, because you don't agree with his policy. Like I have said over and over again, argue policies and not IGNORANT personal attacks. Your hubris is so apparent. Like I said, you are judging the guy and you don't even know the facts and neither do I.

George30909
George30909 05/12/09 - 12:12 pm
Where is the statement of

Where is the statement of Tiger not playing well have to do with todays Rants and Raves. Quite frankly WGAS.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 12:16 pm
Dclark, I do know this about

Dclark, I do know this about Barry, he has no clue about economics.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 12:16 pm
And President Bush came

And President Bush came across as an idiot who can't speak English correctly. I bet you didn't blast him for that. Look, so that guy loses his words during a speech? That did not stop many of us from supporting Bush did it? I'm not trying to pick sides here, I am just keeping the whimsical and irrelevant arguments out of it.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 12:18 pm
There we go milton, you are

There we go milton, you are trying to say you disagree with his economic policy. Lets go with that instead of "he has no clue".

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 12:20 pm
Many times it is not what you

Many times it is not what you say, but HOW you say it. Both sides rile each other up unnecessarily by using derogatory or demeaning candor, which causes the argument to heighten and summarily become a stalemate.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 12:22 pm
dclark - Stupidity is doing

dclark - Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. This "strategy" that he is going along with has been tried many times in the past in many different countries. It has failed every time - we have no reason to expect a different result. Ergo - His is stupid!

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 12:29 pm
Nero, I am not saying I agree

Nero, I am not saying I agree with his policies. I am saying that choosing one's word wisely, will result in less escalation and more productive arguments. As a matter of fact, I do not agree with many of the moves made, but I do agree with a few. I do commend him for cutting 170 (around that number) departments in the government. That is kind of against the democrat model, but nonetheless needed.

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 12:34 pm
Oh my..dicky now you are

Oh my..dicky now you are calling President Bush an idiot??...My goodness man are you backpeddeling ?,,,,,, When I called barry that same thing I was ignorant....my good fellow please explain yourself or just keep it in your mouth.......mkay?..tut..tut

sophiecat1
sophiecat1 05/12/09 - 12:39 pm
It is not summer!

It is not summer!

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 12:40 pm
Allegedly cut 170 departments

Allegedly cut 170 departments and the net change in the number of Federal employees was plus 66,000. Yeah okay, good luck defending this. I'm smart enough not to fight battles I can't win.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 12:44 pm
Dclark, Barry's economic

Dclark, Barry's economic policies are wrong. One simple economic model. Low interest rates + increased government spending = high inflation and a lower GDP.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/12/09 - 12:45 pm
Bush had no problems

Bush had no problems communicating to the public and is bi-lingual to boot. He was comfortable ad-libbing when the need arose. Obama may in time and with a lot of practice learn to give a speech and not have a melt down if his crutch fails him.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/12/09 - 12:48 pm
dclark, you are talking out

dclark, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. I never blasted the President. All I said was that from my observation he is not displaying Christian characteristics. How in the world is that blasting the President or an ignorant personal attack. According to his own policies, they go against biblical teaching, you yourself just said you don't agree with some of his moves. Geez, why is it okay for you to disagree with the President but when I do, I'm being judgemental and blasting the man. Am I suppose to put blinders on and keep my mouth shut? No thank you very much.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 01:13 pm
Start listing the facts and

Start listing the facts and the board gets quite. Why do certain people run from the truth?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 05/12/09 - 01:18 pm
ICL, give it up, DClark

ICL, give it up, DClark exposed your judgemental attitude. Everyday,we are treated to sore loser baggage. A bag filled with anxiety, hate, ignorance and downright lies. Life is too short to spend it carrying this weight around.When they(Obama haters) can't carry a decent discussion, someone introduce race to the mix. When you do this ,what are you trying to say. Do you think you are superior to blacks?Why?President Obama wasn't elected because of his color. He was elected because he presented superior ideas.John McCain, didn't introduce nothing but leftovers and the fact that he wasn't Mr. Obama.As for president Obama's intelligence and economic knowledge, he has far more resources than some bitter poster here on the Chronicle's website.You can't possibly believe you know more.

Frazier retires after demotion

Long-time Richmond County principal Wayne Frazier, known for his unorthodox approach to school reform, submitted his resignation Wednesday after being demoted to a teacher this summer.