Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A REASSURING RAVE to the staff of Augusta Oncology Associates at University Hospital. I was recently referred to them for some tests and have found everyone in that office, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors, to be incredibly courteous and professional.

RANT FOR SRS and DOE: A new contractor, offshoot from old WSRC, with 100 percent same management team has really stirred the pot -- more layoffs and soon.

THIS IS A RANT for the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown. Don't do it! The stadium is now in a great location, there's a nice view, is not that old and in good condition, and lots of local people would be put off by this (expensive) move.

A RAVE FOR the Fort Gordon Service Club, which gave away more than $30,000 in scholarships and grants last Thursday. Another great year of service to the community by this wonderful organization!

RANTS TO ALL news media for showing the daily Obama live soap operas. Every day, all day, etc. My sources tell me that 90 percent of the public don't like them. OK?

TO THE FOLKS in Silverlake who play their music every time they're in the pool -- turn it down! Those of us on Bass Drive don't want to hear it. Have some respect for our wish for a peaceful Saturday, OK?

DON'T YOU REALIZE that when you blow your lawn mess into the street it gets all over everyone's cars? Use a broom, sweep it up, throw your trash away!

I CAN SEE both sides of the Justin Elmore case. Yes, they could have shot at the tires instead of him, and of course they thought they were in danger, but you know what? Life isn't fair. Yes, they believed the little girl because her story was consistent with the tapes. Everyone else lied. God rest Justin Elmore's soul, and the people in Cherry Tree need to move on. This is what they expect you to do. Carry on and on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

THANKS TO THE SWEET and helpful young man who helped me when I fell in the parking lot of Kmart. God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the gas prices. Wake up America, we're about to get hosed again on these high gas prices. What is the reason for it this time?

THIS IS A RANT to our commissioners. Please give us our TEE center so that we can attract business and commerce to our area.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/12/09 - 10:31 am
jack234, you keep comparing

jack234, you keep comparing the president with Tiger. Here are some characteristics that you may be interested in. Tigers are territorial and generally solitary animals, requiring large areas of habitat to support their prey demand....the US sure fits that description, plenty of prey here. A Tiger stripes function as camouflage to conceal themselves...yeah, seems like a good description to me. For a man that claims to be a Christian, I haven't seen too many Godly characteristics, sad to say.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:31 am
AP~ WASHINGTON DC 10.27am:

AP~ WASHINGTON DC 10.27am: Breaking news, Obobbleheads speech writer has suddenly resigned. The pResident reaction was "Uh, you know, um, um, we are, um, uh, you know, searching, um no, uh, looking, um no uh you know, trying yeah trying to um, you know,uh , give him, no wait, her, um no, it, a raise."

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:34 am
The Notre Dame grads avoiding

The Notre Dame grads avoiding the ceremony are just wishing to reduce their chances of being hit by lightning.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 10:39 am
ICL, Jack was referring to

ICL, Jack was referring to Tiger Woods, and not the animal. If you read further back in posts, you would find that out. Also, it is not your place to judge his relationship with God. That in itself is a sin. Just remember. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." I also like to add the old saying " when you point one finger at someone else, there are three pointing right back at you."

What4
What4 05/12/09 - 10:40 am
Logan's is filthy..and it is

Logan's is filthy..and it is not just the peanut shells. The bathrooms are atrocious, Sundays you can tell the Saturday night folks did not bother to clean up the dining rooms and your are seated in squalor. Logan's needs new management.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 10:40 am
I am all about debating

I am all about debating policy and such, but the ignorant personal attacks are just a snapshot of the vacuous nonsense that is on here.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 10:41 am
dclark - That makes sense

dclark - That makes sense since Tiger isn't genetically black either.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 10:45 am
Nero, I prefer not to bring

Nero, I prefer not to bring race or ethnicity into it. I was think along the lines of how Tiger dominates his sport. Not to say I agree that Obama can be considered one of the best presidents, but I think that was the intention. As a matter of fact, I disagree with us trying to bailout everyone. I was glad when they finally stood tall to GM and said NO. Every president has good and bad things I like.

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/12/09 - 10:47 am
Tiger has not played well? I

Tiger has not played well? I am more than willing to bet that he has made more money in his last few tournaments than more on this board has in the last ten years.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 10:50 am
dclark - It's germane to the

dclark - It's germane to the discussion at times because he was elected due in large part to his skin color, not his qualifications. I don't like the issue either. As a man he is not qualified to be where he is and is making errors already that will take decades to fix. He is no match for Pelosi and Reid even if he had good intentions.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 10:51 am
w00t! For Nammy!

w00t! For Nammy!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:51 am
Yes and there is no outrage

Yes and there is no outrage over the high amounts athletes receive, yet there is outrage because a person rises to the executive level of a corporation and gets his just due. As for out earning "those on this board" Tiger's outearned just about every person on this planet not named Oprah, Rush, or Warren. Wonder what Tiger's percentage of income to taxes may be?

Irish
Irish 05/12/09 - 10:51 am
I have read all of Jacks post

I have read all of Jacks post this morning. All I can say is there is none so blind as he who will not see. Jack has convinced himself of his rhetoric so as not to have to admit to his mistake. I can't believe if as Jack says that he is an income earner that he would be in favor of the methods his idol is using. He is correct when he says that Howdy Doody is preparing for the next election. He is using the stimulus like his own personal reelection funds. Demanding california and the auto industry not touch the unions funds while draining Americas taxpayers. O'Bama is not really the problem here ...he is just the water boy for Pelosi, Reid, Barney ,Chris, and the Kennedy clan. By the way none of the stimulus has changed anything noticible yet. But he's right about one thing. The party of McCain is dead. A swing back to the basics of the conservative party is what really scares the bejeebers out of the left.....

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 10:55 am
I'll bet there are lots of

I'll bet there are lots of Obama supporters on this board who have made more money changing oil, hauling refuse dumpsters, digging ditches, carrying bags at the airport, and cleaning hotel rooms than I have at those professions in the last 10 years. So what's the point? Golf is Tiger Woods' profession, he is the best in the world at it. Many of these CEO's are the best in the world in their industries too. So limit him to $500k a year also.

Irish
Irish 05/12/09 - 10:55 am
P.S. Jack comparing O'bama{

P.S. Jack comparing O'bama{ who got where he is through affirmative} acton to Tiger Woods {who proved himself a thousand times over and has made every effort to be the best } Is a tremendous disservice to Tiger Woods.......

Irish
Irish 05/12/09 - 11:01 am
Why not limit the amount of

Why not limit the amount of money actors make so we can all go to the movies at a reasonable price and have an evening of entertainment for the family...cut athletes salaries so we can all afford to go to a ball game. Jim Carey laughs that he won't make a movie for less than 10 million dollars. Oprah makes 100 million a year. What great contribution do they make. Why don't they return some of that money back to the great unwashed they claim to care for so much......ever notice how most of their charity and caring winds up in some foriegn country.....

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 11:03 am
Wonder what Barry will come

Wonder what Barry will come out and say today, why don't he just become his own press sectary. Yesterday, Barry said that uh the deficits are higher then we predicted. Duh Barry a high school economics model could have predicted that.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 11:05 am
Affirmative action totally

Affirmative action totally puzzles me. Both sides of it. Why even have a race section in the application? That takes the BS argument about who is deserving. That way the BEST applicants, regardless of race or ethnicity, are allowed in.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 11:06 am
IRISH - I've got a really

IRISH - I've got a really novel idea. Why don't we let everybody make as much as they can (or can't) without federal interference (in either direction). I know - I'm a cold-hearted-radical-right-wing-capitalist-hater. ;-)

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 05/12/09 - 11:08 am
Okay. Chili's sux. I wish

Okay. Chili's sux. I wish ya'll had had this conversation the other day. I tried to order the regular burger, no cheese, no condiments..."huh?" ...no mayo, mustard or ketchup. Lettuce tomato, pickle and onion are okay. (Nothing written down).... He brings me the burger and sets it down saying.."There's only lettuce on it." ...Are you out of tomato, pickle and onion?... "I'm sorry sir, I'll bring it right back. ...He returns with two tiny cups of pickle which appeared to be seasoned cucumbers from the salad section, not normal Kosher styled dills. That's it. I'm paying for my drink. Take this back. I just lost my appetite. The manager came and said what's wrong? I simply said ..How much is my drink?...Three times wrong on an order McDonald's can get right is enough forgiveness. How much do I owe? The manager waived the cost and I stormed out frustrated. ...THIS is a typical experience almost everywhere I stop to eat or get any form of expected customer service. ANY county on both sides of the river. I guess the days of individuals having any self respect or caring enough to perform at a minimal expectations will never exist here.

Irish
Irish 05/12/09 - 11:09 am
my point zackly

my point zackly fiddler......Neor fiddled while rome burned. we need to be more aware of our circumstances. no one should dictate income possibilities.....We are on the brink of a govt. take over.....

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 11:10 am
Nero, IRISH was being

Nero, IRISH was being sarcastic.

Irish
Irish 05/12/09 - 11:12 am

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 11:13 am
dclark - So was IRISH, I

dclark - So was IRISH, I recognized it and returned the favor. We understand each other and are on the same sheet.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 11:13 am
welcome. Some people need to

welcome. Some people need to tune their sarcasm receptors. Nero isn't the only one.

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 11:15 am
lol................sorry do

lol................sorry do not see the intellect you bestow on barry,,,,,,without his teleprompter and writers he is an bumbeling azz...I know many law graduates who are stupid...don't take much.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 11:16 am
Zeno, sounds like you had a

Zeno, sounds like you had a bad server. I have always had good experiences at Chili's. If it is a recurring theme (like I get at IHOP), then say the restaurant is horrible. The manager did the right thing by comping your meal and drink. One bad apple does not ALWAYS mean the entire bunch is bad.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/12/09 - 11:19 am
Sarcasm receptors are set to

Sarcasm receptors are set to maximum, Phasers set to Obliterate. Take me to your leader, Earthling!

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 11:25 am
hurlyburly, just because

hurlyburly, just because someone has a speech impediment or stutters a lot, it does not make them stupid. President Bush may not have stuttered, but some of the things that came out of his mouth left many people confused. He is not stupid either. He graduated from Yale. Those places don't give away degrees. Really, it is you disagreeing with Obama's policy, and you can not find any intelligent or suitable words, so you move on to ignorant personal attacks.

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 11:25 am
dclark sounds like you like

dclark sounds like you like to "board nanny" just a bit....I'm just saying