Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A REASSURING RAVE to the staff of Augusta Oncology Associates at University Hospital. I was recently referred to them for some tests and have found everyone in that office, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors, to be incredibly courteous and professional.

RANT FOR SRS and DOE: A new contractor, offshoot from old WSRC, with 100 percent same management team has really stirred the pot -- more layoffs and soon.

THIS IS A RANT for the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown. Don't do it! The stadium is now in a great location, there's a nice view, is not that old and in good condition, and lots of local people would be put off by this (expensive) move.

A RAVE FOR the Fort Gordon Service Club, which gave away more than $30,000 in scholarships and grants last Thursday. Another great year of service to the community by this wonderful organization!

RANTS TO ALL news media for showing the daily Obama live soap operas. Every day, all day, etc. My sources tell me that 90 percent of the public don't like them. OK?

TO THE FOLKS in Silverlake who play their music every time they're in the pool -- turn it down! Those of us on Bass Drive don't want to hear it. Have some respect for our wish for a peaceful Saturday, OK?

DON'T YOU REALIZE that when you blow your lawn mess into the street it gets all over everyone's cars? Use a broom, sweep it up, throw your trash away!

I CAN SEE both sides of the Justin Elmore case. Yes, they could have shot at the tires instead of him, and of course they thought they were in danger, but you know what? Life isn't fair. Yes, they believed the little girl because her story was consistent with the tapes. Everyone else lied. God rest Justin Elmore's soul, and the people in Cherry Tree need to move on. This is what they expect you to do. Carry on and on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

THANKS TO THE SWEET and helpful young man who helped me when I fell in the parking lot of Kmart. God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the gas prices. Wake up America, we're about to get hosed again on these high gas prices. What is the reason for it this time?

THIS IS A RANT to our commissioners. Please give us our TEE center so that we can attract business and commerce to our area.

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 09:41 am
We love Barry so much because

We love Barry so much because he and his wonderful first lady is just what America need after 8 years of nothing. Let's just enjoy the ride as we watch this great man in action. A true hero for the American cause here and abroad. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! and a TOOT TOOT!

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/12/09 - 09:43 am
Yes we know Obama is an "

Yes we know Obama is an " Affirmative Action" graduate. Just like he is an " Affirmative Action" elected President. I wonder if Bush was a " Good old Boy" appointment to college?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/12/09 - 09:44 am
Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 T & T

Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 T & T

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 09:46 am
Minority quotas might have

Minority quotas might have gotten you in but it didn't keep you in. That is where the rubber hit the road. Of course, you wouldn't know about that. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! and a toot toot to overbuden taxpayer, who probably doesn't pay any taxes at all. Here is a clue: You pay for services - stop looking for a handout in the form of services. HELLO! HELLO! and my last TOOT TOOT for today. Good bye everyone, and good morning tugeeze. HELLO! HELLO!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/12/09 - 09:46 am
Jack 666 by the time Barry

Jack 666 by the time Barry gets through taxing you you won't be able to buy a picture of him, much less a statue, Normally when people are flatulent in public they say excuse me! Didn't your mother teach you any manners?

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 09:49 am
More power to affirmative

More power to affirmative action if it keeps delivering us an Obama. It has done its job and we should be thankful. HELLO! HELLO! and I'm out of here with a TOOT TOOT>

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 09:51 am
Excuse me, but I have my

Excuse me, but I have my money and will gladly pay my taxes and will not use that as an excuse to not support a Tiger in the white house who is trying to clean up GW's mess. HELLO! HELLO! and goodbye. TOOT! TOOT!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/12/09 - 09:51 am
Jack it's nice to know that

Jack it's nice to know that you can laugh at the president, along with most of the world

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:00 am
I just delivered an Obama.

I just delivered an Obama. Used Pelosi wipe too.

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 10:02 am
The problem with that, most

The problem with that, most of the world didn't put him in office. The same people who put him in office for the first four years have already started on the next four. What has Michael Steele done for you besides laugh at the Rush joke at the press dinner. Its good he is not up-tight about the present administration like most of the posters are. He is good for the Rep party, just a little late. The Rep tent is big as long as you move to the right corner when you get under it. The dem are united and have always been - that is what wins elections. We are a strong party with clear ideas and goals. We have moderates and liberals and we welcome both. Get a clue or always lose elections. HELLO! HELLO!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/12/09 - 10:04 am
It seems to me that Obomulus

It seems to me that Obomulus is trying to hide Pelosi and Reid's mess more than clean up after Bush.. He is implementing and carrying on most of the Bush Policies!!!

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 10:05 am
The people who take rush

The people who take rush serious didn't think it too good that Mr. Michael Steel was laughing about the rush joke. It was all in fun, jet a life and lighten up a little. HELLO! HELLO! We all know rush is a comedianne. HELLO! HELLO! Personally, I will not attack his drug problem because I want him to stay on the air and keep me laughing. HELLO! HELLO!

elliottness
elliottness 05/12/09 - 10:06 am
irish, your 6:30 post

irish, your 6:30 post yesterday was , well funny! bush never complained? well i wonder why? he stole both elections (with some help from his slimy family and friends)he walked into a job with the world at peace, a good economy,and a vp who made a fool ot of him.he stayed on vacation more than any other president, rode bikes at 2:30 in the afternoon, and read books to kids, while the his [filtered word]vp was running his criminal enterprise.cheney knows his indictment is looming, he is getting ready to throw dubby under the bus. good! now we can get both in handcuffs and on to prison where the rest of the trash awaits their arrival.happy days are here again!

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 10:06 am
Today's great idea is to put

Today's great idea is to put a federal excise tax on soft-drinks to help pay for mandatory no-choice nationalized/socialist health care.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/12/09 - 10:07 am
Someone bring the extra tin

Someone bring the extra tin foil, we now need 2 hats!

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 10:08 am
If he is carring out most of

If he is carring out most of the Bush policies, then that should make you happy, not bitter. HELLO! HELLO! Why are you bitter? I am so very happy with this wonderful man as our Tiger in the White house. HELLO! HELLO!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:10 am
Tomorrow's great idea is the

Tomorrow's great idea is the calorie tax. High calorie items will be taxed heavily. This will provide more pork for the Fed and inspire many Americans to lose weight. Thursday, we'll see the "salt tax". Taxation of salty goods to remove the spice from life, decrease blood pressure, and save money on health care. Friday, it's the "save $52 from budget" proposal by requiring a .10 fee to watch Obobblehead on TV delivering his pap.

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 10:11 am
As long as everone gets

As long as everone gets health care, I'm satisfied. I care for my fellow man as always. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! "What you do for the least of those".........

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:12 am
Tiger in the white house?

Tiger in the white house? Viewing Mr. Woods' latest performances, I'd have to agree. Mediocrity at best.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:12 am
FACT: Donkeys kill more

FACT: Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes and shark attacks combined. Watch out for those DEMS.

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/12/09 - 10:13 am
I can't help but notice that

I can't help but notice that since the comparisons began Tiger hasn't played worth a poot. Coincidence?

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:14 am
What goes "thump thump thump

What goes "thump thump thump squish" "thump thump thump squish"? A GOP with Obowelmovement on one sneaker.

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 05/12/09 - 10:18 am
I posted this in another

I posted this in another forum, please add Jack234 and Elliotness to it and feel free to add others if you think of them.
Forget the misconceptions of WILLISTOWNSC AND JUSTUS4 . Remember, you can fix my Chevy truck, you can fix a political race (NObama did), BUT, YOU CANNOT FIX STUPIDITY. It's surprising Justus4 posted as it didn't mention slavery. So I would like the afore mentioned ones to forgive me for thinking erroneously that they would listen to anyone's reasoning and I will try not to do it again.

Boston93
Boston93 05/12/09 - 10:19 am
Shaglorious: Obama used

Shaglorious: Obama used gallons and gallons of fuel to photo op the Statue of Liberty.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:19 am
Squiggy? Make sure you

Squiggy? Make sure you research "the third rail of American politics" aka Health Care reform. It will NOT happen in your lifetime. While you're at it, touch the third rail to make sure it works, k?

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:21 am
Boston: We cannot expect such

Boston: We cannot expect such an intelligent President to know about photoshop, can we? NYC flyover $350,000 vs $89 for photoshop and some photos of NYC and AF1. Only our beloved leadership could choose the former over the latter.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:24 am
I wholeheartedly endorse free

I wholeheartedly endorse free health care for anyone who doesn't own a car, a cellphone, or subscribe to cable/satellite TV. If they can afford those, they can sacrifice to obtain insurance. Sacrifice is a dirty word and will probably result in my post being deleted.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 10:25 am
The "Great Unifier" strikes

The "Great Unifier" strikes again! - Because of President Obama's appearance and speech at Notre Dame this Sunday, some seniors will not attend their own graduation ceremony and instead join a University prayer service on the grounds at Notre Dame. No indication yet as to how many seniors will forgo the graduation ceremony.

Lippy
Lippy 05/12/09 - 10:27 am
Good morning everyone!

Good morning everyone!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/12/09 - 10:28 am
Nero: Didn't you read the

Nero: Didn't you read the latest conspiracy theory: The Obama presidency was all just a plan to make GWBush's terms look good.?