Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A REASSURING RAVE to the staff of Augusta Oncology Associates at University Hospital. I was recently referred to them for some tests and have found everyone in that office, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors, to be incredibly courteous and professional.

RANT FOR SRS and DOE: A new contractor, offshoot from old WSRC, with 100 percent same management team has really stirred the pot -- more layoffs and soon.

THIS IS A RANT for the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown. Don't do it! The stadium is now in a great location, there's a nice view, is not that old and in good condition, and lots of local people would be put off by this (expensive) move.

A RAVE FOR the Fort Gordon Service Club, which gave away more than $30,000 in scholarships and grants last Thursday. Another great year of service to the community by this wonderful organization!

RANTS TO ALL news media for showing the daily Obama live soap operas. Every day, all day, etc. My sources tell me that 90 percent of the public don't like them. OK?

TO THE FOLKS in Silverlake who play their music every time they're in the pool -- turn it down! Those of us on Bass Drive don't want to hear it. Have some respect for our wish for a peaceful Saturday, OK?

DON'T YOU REALIZE that when you blow your lawn mess into the street it gets all over everyone's cars? Use a broom, sweep it up, throw your trash away!

I CAN SEE both sides of the Justin Elmore case. Yes, they could have shot at the tires instead of him, and of course they thought they were in danger, but you know what? Life isn't fair. Yes, they believed the little girl because her story was consistent with the tapes. Everyone else lied. God rest Justin Elmore's soul, and the people in Cherry Tree need to move on. This is what they expect you to do. Carry on and on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

THANKS TO THE SWEET and helpful young man who helped me when I fell in the parking lot of Kmart. God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the gas prices. Wake up America, we're about to get hosed again on these high gas prices. What is the reason for it this time?

THIS IS A RANT to our commissioners. Please give us our TEE center so that we can attract business and commerce to our area.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 09:07 pm
I had raised my Pythons from

I had raised my Pythons from 12" long. I don't have any now, but I will catch one and let the boys see it for a couple of days then let it go. I once caught a Black hog nose snake, that was a neat little creature, they eat toads.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:09 pm
My oldest son caught a hog

My oldest son caught a hog nose snake when he was about 13 yrs old. He let it go he next day.It rolled over and played dead.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:10 pm
You catch pythons? they are

You catch pythons? they are not in the wild here in GA

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 09:13 pm
No I had bought the pythons.

No I had bought the pythons. They have a big convention for reptile lovers in Orlando FL every year that is where I would go to buy exotic snakes.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:14 pm
My son use to go snake

My son use to go snake hunting. He helped me learn not to be afraid of snakes. He said the more I would learn about snakes the less afraid I would be, and he was right. that came from a teenager.He has grown up and is a cancer survivor.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:15 pm
I see. I forgot you had a lot

I see. I forgot you had a lot of snakes.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:18 pm
I feed Rambo frozen mice. He

I feed Rambo frozen mice. He now eats the large adult ones.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 09:19 pm
My dad was a naturalist and

My dad was a naturalist and so am I, and I also teach my boys the same. A couple of weeks ago we caught a black rat snake trying to get in our Blue bird box. So I caught it and let the boys play with it for a while then took it up the road and let it go. The Blue birds were really ticked at that snake they were swooping and screeching it was neat to watch.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:26 pm
milton it has been nice

milton it has been nice talking with you. I am going to watch tv for a few minutes, then get some sleep. I expect to find at least 1 clue tomorrow on my family tree. My dad had light skin and so did one of his brothers. the other brother had an olive complexion. My grandmother had high cheek bones, dark brown eyes, and was beautiful. Maybe her mom was half Indian. I will find the truth. Good night

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:28 pm
milton my son use to catch

milton my son use to catch black rat or racer. I never knew what I would find in his room.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:30 pm
He would keep them a day or 2

He would keep them a day or 2 then turn them loose. He caught a king snake,yellow and black, and that snake was very defensive. haha. he let it go the next day. A corn snake got loose in the house and we never found it.

Rose
Rose 05/12/09 - 09:32 pm
I have great respect for

I have great respect for anyone who is good to wildlife.good night.

KSL
KSL 05/12/09 - 09:40 pm
Well, Rose, you should feel

Well, Rose, you should feel kindly to me. Today I rescued a baby bunny, eyes not open and put it in the hands of a rehab person. Then I had to deal with a baby blue jay.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 09:41 pm
Rose most of us in the south

Rose most of us in the south have a mix of everything. It would be neat to have DNA testing just to see who our ancestors are.. I don't know how any Christian could be racist on skin color, Jesus was a true Jew, not the European Jews that you see today. Also, through DNA testing it is proven we all descended from Africa. Where God created Adam and Eve in His Own Image.

FACTFINDER1
FACTFINDER1 05/12/09 - 09:52 pm
Before shooting Justin Elmore

Before shooting Justin Elmore these Officers were no stranger to Suspension by the Richmond County Sheriff Department. Ortiz joined in a police chase and was suspended for making a situation more dangerous. The suspension did not work, why he was on the street to murder Justin Elmore. He had other write ups as well. Hodges was suspended for letting a man drag another man back to the scene of a car accident. The suspension did not work, why he was on the streets to murder Justin Elmore. He watched a crime being committed, as he did in the Justin Elmore case. He has other write-ups as well. He was even rude and would not assist an African American woman whom house had been broken into.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 09:55 pm
A RANT to the liberals who

A RANT to the liberals who are trying to justify the 77 year old mans sexual assault on a 15 year old girl. You people are sick. No matter why he did it he needs to be taken out of society before he attacks another. Liberals just because there is a reason that does not make it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A young girl was hurt, people you want to protect a child molester instead of the child. What has this world come to?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 10:04 pm
FACT the HARD TRUTH is this

FACT the HARD TRUTH is this guy was a menace to society and nobody really cares that he was shot. The jury has made its decision and lets move on. If this guy was an honorable man the police would have been further investigated. I tried not to comment on this, because I am sure there are loved ones hurting, but this man chose his path. The path he chose was one of destruction that lead to his death. I hope young kids learn from his path and chose the opposite direction.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 05/13/09 - 12:19 am
Arrrg, is it morning yet?

Arrrg, is it morning yet?

jsherrill
jsherrill 05/13/09 - 02:01 am
With all the trouble our own

With all the trouble our own auto industry is having, why are we going to foriegn markets and import vehicles? Indian trucks, Europeon manufactured GM cars, why not just roll over and let the US become the market of the world? We won't produce anything and just buy all the other countries have to offer. With no jobs, no money, we will be a debtor nation as the other so called third world countries. Go Obama.