Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A REASSURING RAVE to the staff of Augusta Oncology Associates at University Hospital. I was recently referred to them for some tests and have found everyone in that office, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors, to be incredibly courteous and professional.

RANT FOR SRS and DOE: A new contractor, offshoot from old WSRC, with 100 percent same management team has really stirred the pot -- more layoffs and soon.

THIS IS A RANT for the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown. Don't do it! The stadium is now in a great location, there's a nice view, is not that old and in good condition, and lots of local people would be put off by this (expensive) move.

A RAVE FOR the Fort Gordon Service Club, which gave away more than $30,000 in scholarships and grants last Thursday. Another great year of service to the community by this wonderful organization!

RANTS TO ALL news media for showing the daily Obama live soap operas. Every day, all day, etc. My sources tell me that 90 percent of the public don't like them. OK?

TO THE FOLKS in Silverlake who play their music every time they're in the pool -- turn it down! Those of us on Bass Drive don't want to hear it. Have some respect for our wish for a peaceful Saturday, OK?

DON'T YOU REALIZE that when you blow your lawn mess into the street it gets all over everyone's cars? Use a broom, sweep it up, throw your trash away!

I CAN SEE both sides of the Justin Elmore case. Yes, they could have shot at the tires instead of him, and of course they thought they were in danger, but you know what? Life isn't fair. Yes, they believed the little girl because her story was consistent with the tapes. Everyone else lied. God rest Justin Elmore's soul, and the people in Cherry Tree need to move on. This is what they expect you to do. Carry on and on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

THANKS TO THE SWEET and helpful young man who helped me when I fell in the parking lot of Kmart. God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the gas prices. Wake up America, we're about to get hosed again on these high gas prices. What is the reason for it this time?

THIS IS A RANT to our commissioners. Please give us our TEE center so that we can attract business and commerce to our area.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 07:08 am
Over I agree with you on

Over I agree with you on Texas Road house. It has a decent ribeye at a fair price. The waitresses are not sore on the eyes either. Every decent sized city in the south has one. Wonder why they have not come to Augusta?

Reality
Reality 05/12/09 - 07:09 am
I ate at a Texas Roadhouse

I ate at a Texas Roadhouse in Murrells Inlet, I still prefer Longhorn. I guess it boils down to the individual restaurant.

hoopnhollar22
hoopnhollar22 05/12/09 - 07:18 am
We ate at Logan's last week

We ate at Logan's last week after not having been there in over a year. We used to go there alot but financially had to cut back. I was pleasantly surprised that everything we ordered was still the same quality and portion's as at our last visit. Customer service was great too!

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 07:31 am
thanks for the acknowledgment

thanks for the acknowledgment overburdened....................

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 07:40 am
This is a rave for a

This is a rave for a president who doesn't hide in the white house all day. A president who is very visible not just when he's at Camp David. HELLO! HELLO!~ HELLO! A president who is on the job 24/7. A real Tiger Woods in the white house. HELLO! HELLO! Did you catch the Press Dinner. It was just great. Rush got a little attention. HELLO! HELLO! Rush the entertainer was entertained in good fashion. HELLO! HELLO!

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/12/09 - 07:46 am
Have you all seen that

Have you all seen that commercial where the guy is telling the girl to take off her top; he's really talking about the top of her platter. It's full of crab, lobster etc. It looks so good that I want to jump thru the TV. The place is called JOE's.

Anyone know where its located?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/12/09 - 07:46 am
Yeah Jack #'s, and I hope

Yeah Jack #'s, and I hope that if Rush's kidneys fail so do Obama's.

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/12/09 - 07:48 am
I am at heart a peaceful

I am at heart a peaceful fellow, but damn, jack234, your posts make me want to knock the %&$& out of you.

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/12/09 - 07:49 am
Hoopnholler Where is Logans I

Hoopnholler
Where is Logans

I skimp on things and go without (I do not my family) at home just so I can go out to eat.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/12/09 - 07:50 am
dhd1108
dhd1108 05/12/09 - 07:50 am
like you're idunno, Lowell

like you're idunno, Lowell Greenbaum, or a rat terrier or something.

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 07:52 am
Why would dhd1108 be so upset

Why would dhd1108 be so upset with little ole me? What did I say? I want my president to be visible, everyone should. A real Tiger in the white house. HELLO! HELLO!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 07:52 am
Jack#'s Barry is taking the

Jack#'s Barry is taking the advice from Chavez! Soon there will be pictures and statues of Barry in every town.

Reality
Reality 05/12/09 - 07:53 am
off of Wheeler Road (across

off of Wheeler Road (across from the family YMCA) near the Target shopping center

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/12/09 - 07:55 am
jack, those HELLO HELLOs are

jack, those HELLO HELLOs are obnoxious and unnecessary. I'm all for transparency in the White House, but I feel like Obama is just a smokescreen for the idiots in congress to hide behind. Basically, its not what you say HELLO HELLO its how you say it HELLO

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/12/09 - 07:55 am
AAQ the nearest joe'sis in

AAQ the nearest joe'sis in Greenville

Reality
Reality 05/12/09 - 07:55 am
I thought he was running for

I thought he was running for the leader of
"The New World Order"

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 07:56 am
The press dinner was so nice.

The press dinner was so nice. I even saw Mr. Michael Steele cracking up at the good jokes. Why would anyone be upset, the election is over. We just need to settle in for 8 great years with the Tiger. He'll need 4 more years to complete the great work he is doing for our America. We are all so proud of America again and what he is working so hard to do for our country. HELLO! HELLO!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/12/09 - 08:06 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, RocknRoll, KSL, Trouble, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *hurlyburly11, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, christian 134, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 08:07 am
If Barry get us out of George

If Barry get us out of George Bush's mess left, I'll pay for the statue. HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 08:08 am
Tujeez: You left me out.

Tujeez: You left me out. HELLO! HELLO! I want a good morning too. HELLO! HELLO!

colcamp1
colcamp1 05/12/09 - 08:14 am
Rant#5 source must be FOX

Rant#5 source must be FOX NEWS?

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/12/09 - 08:15 am
Thanks Overburden

Thanks Overburden

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 08:21 am
Who carries Mr. President

Who carries Mr. President Obama Live more than FOX NEWS? Hello! HELLO! HELLO!

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 08:24 am
Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 08:28 am
It good his message is

It good his message is getting worldwide attention. HELLO! HELLO!

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 08:29 am
Yeah just what we need a

Yeah just what we need a hollywood wanna be comedian trying to run our Country.....barry should head on out to lala land and leave the important things to real men with real intelligence and not to mention a real pair....impeach the imposter...we must rid ourselves of this this pestulence..............hello.

dclark1983
dclark1983 05/12/09 - 08:33 am
hurly, whether you

hurly,
whether you agree with his policies or not, obama is nowhere near dumb or unintelligent. The guy graduated Harvard Law. He has to have some intelligence. Not to mention, he was in Congressional Law. Just disagree with his policies. The ignorant personal attacks truly show your intelligence level, as well as others on here.

jack234
jack234 05/12/09 - 08:38 am
We still have people bitter

We still have people bitter about the election. As a true patriot, I refuse to pull against my own country. I will not be a traitor. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! Who is a bigger comedianne than Rush? The difference - Rush is one everday. I'm glad theat Mr. President Obama is taking some time off from his very busy schedule to relax and have a little fun poking fun at his own administration. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! I laughed until midnight. Mr. Michael Steele Laughed too, that what's its all about. Not being bitter but just enjoying the long 8 years of this wonderful president. TOOT! TOOT! and HELLO! HELLO! and goodbye. I'll be back tomorrow, stay tuned HELLO! HELLO!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/12/09 - 08:38 am
If I'm not mistaken there

If I'm not mistaken there were minority quotas that schools had to achieve or face government financing cutbacks during the time Obama was in school. So we don't really know how well he did using equal standards. (Now watch AC remove this post because it "violates policy".)