Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A REASSURING RAVE to the staff of Augusta Oncology Associates at University Hospital. I was recently referred to them for some tests and have found everyone in that office, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors, to be incredibly courteous and professional.

RANT FOR SRS and DOE: A new contractor, offshoot from old WSRC, with 100 percent same management team has really stirred the pot -- more layoffs and soon.

THIS IS A RANT for the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown. Don't do it! The stadium is now in a great location, there's a nice view, is not that old and in good condition, and lots of local people would be put off by this (expensive) move.

A RAVE FOR the Fort Gordon Service Club, which gave away more than $30,000 in scholarships and grants last Thursday. Another great year of service to the community by this wonderful organization!

RANTS TO ALL news media for showing the daily Obama live soap operas. Every day, all day, etc. My sources tell me that 90 percent of the public don't like them. OK?

TO THE FOLKS in Silverlake who play their music every time they're in the pool -- turn it down! Those of us on Bass Drive don't want to hear it. Have some respect for our wish for a peaceful Saturday, OK?

DON'T YOU REALIZE that when you blow your lawn mess into the street it gets all over everyone's cars? Use a broom, sweep it up, throw your trash away!

I CAN SEE both sides of the Justin Elmore case. Yes, they could have shot at the tires instead of him, and of course they thought they were in danger, but you know what? Life isn't fair. Yes, they believed the little girl because her story was consistent with the tapes. Everyone else lied. God rest Justin Elmore's soul, and the people in Cherry Tree need to move on. This is what they expect you to do. Carry on and on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

THANKS TO THE SWEET and helpful young man who helped me when I fell in the parking lot of Kmart. God bless you.

THIS IS A RANT for the gas prices. Wake up America, we're about to get hosed again on these high gas prices. What is the reason for it this time?

THIS IS A RANT to our commissioners. Please give us our TEE center so that we can attract business and commerce to our area.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 05/12/09 - 12:34 am
Good morning everyone. I

Good morning everyone. I think I can sleep now. I'll be glad if I ever find a peaceful neighborhood to live in. I hope she's alright. I don't know what she was screaming about at 11:35pm last night after some car horn blew, but all the crashing and banging after that didn't help, either. I guess someday, if she's really in trouble we won't realize it, because she's "cried wolf" so many times. Now to sleep, perchance to dream.

methree
methree 05/12/09 - 12:58 am
it's summer-that's why the

it's summer-that's why the gas prices are going up.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 03:20 am
baroness - It was probably

baroness - It was probably just an argument between a couple because one of them was chewing gum at the bar earlier. G'morning, RocknRoll, Nammy! and all y'all. w00t!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/12/09 - 03:20 am
Good morning Tujeez,

Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, Nero, Jsquared and ya'll! Have a good day! w00t!!! (':

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/12/09 - 04:12 am
Anyone care that Tony Roma's

Anyone care that Tony Roma's closed? I feel sorry for the employees, but when you serve ribs that are about the size of my pinky, and charge 13$ you cannot expect to stay in biznas.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 05/12/09 - 04:19 am
The person who ranted about

The person who ranted about the "Obama live soap opera" now knows how New Yorkers felt when every single one of the television stations in their market preempted talk shows and soaps for Archbishop Tim Dolan last month.

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/12/09 - 04:50 am
morning all

morning all

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/12/09 - 04:50 am
The Tony Roma's has been

The Tony Roma's has been giving mediocre service for a long time. I complained a couple of times to the corporate offices. They sent me gift certificates both times asking me to give them another chance. When I did the office would call and ask how my experience was and I told them that it hadn't changed from my previous complaint. I didn't tell the waiter about the gift certificate until after the meal because I didn't want them treating me any different than any customer. When I told corporate of the problems they would say they'd take care of it but it never changed. An example was that I wanted a salad with my meal that didn't come with one and was charged an extra $2.25 which was OK until you took into account the pitifully small size of the salad served. They deserved to close and it wasn't only the management that was at fault but the employees too with their attitude and level of service. Not all but most of the employees deserved to lose their jobs. Now my concern is that they will end up working someplace else brandishing the same level of incompetence and could end up taking that establishment down as well.

Nero
Nero 05/12/09 - 05:01 am
Today's "Well, Duh!" award

Today's "Well, Duh!" award nomination goes out to UPI - Here are some of their actual headlines from this morning: "School exercise benefits children's hearts", "Calorie increase explains U.S. weight gain", "Women's chest pain linked to heart risk" and finally, "Sunglasses have health benefits".

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/12/09 - 05:08 am
overburdened, if the choice

overburdened, if the choice is up to me, I try hard to eat local, that way you can talk to the actual business owner if you're unhappy! my ex-girlfriends have an unexplainable affinity for mediocre "casual dining" places like Tony Romas, Ruby Tuesdays, (ugh) Applebee's, and (shudder) Red Lobster. I do love me some Chili's though..
Nero, if you get a chance check out woot.com's "woot reads the wires" its hilarious :)

Reality
Reality 05/12/09 - 05:28 am
The food at Chili's is

The food at Chili's is mediocre at best and the service has always been atrocious. Maybe things have changed there, I am speaking about the one near Logans.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/12/09 - 05:30 am
Good moorning Nammy, Nero,

Good moorning Nammy, Nero, Tujeez and everyone else ! Have a good day !!! Hey Jsquared !

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/12/09 - 05:32 am
wOOt !!!

wOOt !!!

thewaterman
thewaterman 05/12/09 - 05:50 am
I'm glad that Zinkhan fellow

I'm glad that Zinkhan fellow is dead.....one less possible molester, columbine parent, serial killer off the street, we have to worry about.

Jsquared
Jsquared 05/12/09 - 05:53 am
Nornin' Nammy, Nero; Hey back

Nornin' Nammy, Nero; Hey back at ya RnR. Nero, seems like we are in for another year with a long list of candidates for the Darwin awards.......My huisband and I prefer to eat at home, food is always excellent, service is all smiles, you can't beat the prices and you don't have to tip a snot nose little brat waiting tables because mon and dad get a job or go to school.... The dishes somehow don't get done unless I do them, still working on that one.....LOL

workingmom
workingmom 05/12/09 - 05:59 am
Try the Chili's in Evans,

Try the Chili's in Evans, Reality. The food was good and the service was excellent.

mandyme
mandyme 05/12/09 - 06:00 am
Hey, thewaterman.....I hear

Hey, thewaterman.....I hear there is job opportunity in Athens, too. LOL.

thewaterman
thewaterman 05/12/09 - 06:01 am
lol !

lol !

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/12/09 - 06:02 am
DH I agree local restaurants

DH I agree local restaurants have better food and service.

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 06:03 am
ROOOOLLLLL out those lazy

ROOOOLLLLL out those lazy ,hazy, crazy,days,of summer!......(a little early but feels like it)... A tantalizing, tremendous and totaly terrific tuesday to everyone......................

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/12/09 - 06:06 am
Welcome to "The Spin Zone"!

Welcome to "The Spin Zone"! Where most subjects and some posters spin at unbelievable speeds in never before thought of directions! Ladies and Gentlemen, Start your Keyboards!!

shaglorious
shaglorious 05/12/09 - 06:12 am
Regarding the rant about gas

Regarding the rant about gas prices, we all know that it will be or is George Bush's fault. How long will this go on?

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 06:31 am
LOL...I bet former President

LOL...I bet former President Bush gets up every morning smiling and saying "Thank you Lord!"...while ole barry is looking a bit older everyday..think he will go to pelosi's doctor to have those bags under his eyes removed?

2tired2argueanymore
2tired2argueanymore 05/12/09 - 06:33 am
What's with SRS. First they

What's with SRS. First they are going to hire a bunch of people thanks to the bailout america program and now they are talking about laying off or cutting back?

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 05/12/09 - 06:33 am
Ate at O'Charleys the other

Ate at O'Charleys the other day. Had a realy good entree with fast and friendly service. Reasonable too.

Reality
Reality 05/12/09 - 06:52 am
They have to lay off the ones

They have to lay off the ones working now so, they can be replaced by the "new" work force implemented by Obama...
With all of the restaurants in the Augusta area, I didn't think anyone cooked any more..

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 06:52 am
OT...who can I get a load of

OT...who can I get a load of sand from (delivered) in North Augusta?

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/12/09 - 06:55 am
LOL...just can't seem to make

LOL...just can't seem to make myself eat out anymore...seen too many "caught on camera" actions by cooks and waiters.......

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/12/09 - 06:57 am
A great replacement for Tony

A great replacement for Tony Roma's would be Texas Roadhouse. I know it's a chain and not local but I have never been to one where I didn't receive excellent service and superior food and drink. If you have never been to one don't pass up the chance if you are near one. Their meat is fresh and they have an in-house butcher in every restaurant. I would own one if I could but they do not franchise. All are company owned.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/12/09 - 06:59 am
hurly - I have no idea where

hurly - I have no idea where to get sand from.