Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I WOULD LIKE TO thank our local sheriff's offices for doing such a great job. They rarely get any kind of appreciation for their great work. Anyone else can go apply if they think they can do a better job. Thank you for keeping our streets safe!

DO MODERN POLITICAL leaders con their constituents? The Richmond school board does things like pretend it will open a new school "as a way to get voters to approve a list of sales tax projects." And what are sales tax projects, but simply more taxes? Then Garrett and National Hills were included ... as were football stadiums ... as a way to sweeten the sales tax proposals and ensure passage.

These things are nothing but con jobs pulled on taxpayers by politicians.

AMAZING! THE GEORGIA Legislature actually passed a sensible law, i.e., to require proof of citizenship to vote. Those against this law claim it denies the vote to poor and minority voters, but what a lot of left-wing hooey. Anybody born in the U.S. can get a birth certificate at nearly no cost. And anybody who is a legitimate citizen who was born somewhere else either held onto his citizenship papers or is too stupid to be voting anyway.

ALL THOSE WHO are anti-abortion: how do you justify war, torture, killing -- and even eating animals? Either ALL life is sacred or it's not. You can't pick and choose.

COLUMBIA COUNTY WILL cut some "education" jobs because they can't pay the people. Sensible thinking and action. And interesting, some of the job titles they'll cut: paraprofessionals, clerical aides, graduation coaches, education parapros (what were those other parapros?), career specialists, tech support specialists. Why not have a principal, a secretary, and some teachers, and that's all.

A HUGE RAVE AND happy Nurses Week to the nurses at the Charlie Norwood VAMC, for all your hard work taking care of American veterans. You are appreciated!

TO THE SUNDAY question: "Have you donated to a charity lately?" I clicked yes, because I donate to the welfare system every day with my hard earned money.

I HAVE TO AGREE with the comment that parts of Augusta look trashy. Why can't they even mow sides of the road like Gibbs Road or where the children have to walk?

RANTS TO THOSE bragging on the stock market going up. If they gave me over a trillion dollars, my financial situation would rise. The only problem is that it is just a way to fool the taxpayer into investing more money into the market so the government will have some more to spend.

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/08/09 - 01:42 am
1st in line! Good morning

1st in line! Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, Nero, mom3 and all ya'll. Have a great FRIDAY!! w00t! (':

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/08/09 - 02:12 am
M'k, I'll say it.....who does

M'k, I'll say it.....who does that 1st one sound exactly like? lol

Coolbreez
Coolbreez 05/08/09 - 04:05 am
To the fourth Rant, How about

To the fourth Rant, How about self preservation and I believe the other is called the food chain. War to defend your way of life, killing of humans out side of war is wrong and those who do are usually punished if convicted and eating animals for food is just nature. So how is an unborn child associated with any of the above? Are you suggesting that the baby is a threat to our way of life, or maybe you plan to eat the baby? I believe that the child is an inconvenience to the mother and we don’t like being inconvenience, now do we.

Your obviously a survivor of an abortion isn’t LIFE GRAND

Nero
Nero 05/08/09 - 04:20 am
To the 4th ranter - It's very

To the 4th ranter - It's very interesting to find a pro-feticide PETA supporter. I believe plants have feelings too, and there are microbes in the water we drink. There is only one way out of this crisis - Do not eat or drink anything! - see you in the dust pile! I personally belive there is a huge difference between a sinless innocent in the sactity of the the womb and a combatant on a battlefield or a convict strapped in the electric chair. G'mornin, Nammy!, RocknRoll and all y'all!

Nammy3
Nammy3 05/08/09 - 04:20 am
Hack attack!! w00t!! (':

Hack attack!! w00t!! (':

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/08/09 - 05:47 am
morning all

morning all

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 05/08/09 - 06:10 am
To Ranter #7 - Never thought

To Ranter #7 - Never thought about it that way but that is a good reason to click "yes" to Sunday's question.

Hoss4
Hoss4 05/08/09 - 06:40 am
Me too OT. I also clicked

Me too OT. I also clicked yes for that reason and for donating to the bums that hit me up for money at least once or twice a week downtown.

sgachief
sgachief 05/08/09 - 07:07 am
your "charity" donations are

your "charity" donations are only going to get MUCH worse.

justus4
justus4 05/08/09 - 07:21 am
Rant: The Grand Jury system

Rant: The Grand Jury system is out-dated and ineffective especially for people of color. This fact is clear. The individuals selected to occupy a seat are not known, which screams of potential abuse with no accountability. Checks & balances are required to operate a civilized society. This system is more appropiate for China or Iran.

2tired2argueanymore
2tired2argueanymore 05/08/09 - 07:25 am
I like eating animals,

I like eating animals, especially cows and chickens.

Boston93
Boston93 05/08/09 - 07:34 am
Raves to comments up to 7:25

Raves to comments up to 7:25 am. Most were positive comments, but still get some TWITTER comments that need to go away.

KSL
KSL 05/08/09 - 07:35 am
Pigs are good.

Pigs are good.

shel2u
shel2u 05/08/09 - 07:38 am
Donations are not always in

Donations are not always in money. Time seems to be a lot more valuable these days. How many government handout recipients offer volunteer time to charities? Maybe if they volunteered within their own neighborhoods to help clean up and repair some of the ugliness, they would begin to see positive change within their communities.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/08/09 - 07:40 am
justus4, give it a rest. No

justus4, give it a rest. No one wants to hear your racist blabbering today. Thank you.

shel2u
shel2u 05/08/09 - 07:42 am
If you can afford an

If you can afford an abortion, you can afford birth control. Unfortunately, a stupid control pill has yet to be manufactured.

KSL
KSL 05/08/09 - 07:57 am
If no one acknowledged

If no one acknowledged justus4's posts, he might stop posting, like many others have.

Lippy
Lippy 05/08/09 - 08:09 am
Good Morning Everyone!

Good Morning Everyone!

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/08/09 - 08:24 am
Good Mornin y'all, Happy

Good Mornin y'all, Happy Friday :) Rants: 1) Support your local gunfighter. 2) A politican conning the public? See also the campaign of Barack Obama. 3) Some people are too stupid to carry photo ID. See also the voters of Barack Obama. 4) Oh but people can still pick and choose. It's the American Way. 5) Too simple, too sensible and therefore, impossible. 6) Nurses are overworked and undervalued. I personally love to be nursed. 7) I also clicked yes. I donate time and money. "Any properly motivated person can make more money, not one human being can create more time." 8) Mow it yourself if it concerns you so. I don't like the intervals between my neighbors yard care, so I do it myself. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." 9) Stocks are rising on the fear of being left out of the next bull market. I am staying out. Those who know of my past decisions will vouch for that advice.

confederate american
confederate american 05/08/09 - 08:25 am
war over the centuries has

war over the centuries has kept you free to write your comments,torture is used to find out if you might be the next one killed and god gave us the animals to eat.

confederate american
confederate american 05/08/09 - 08:25 am
war over the centuries has

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/08/09 - 08:30 am
Expanding on my comment 9)

Expanding on my comment 9) above: The banks are not even close to being out of the woods yet. There will be a meltdown shortly that will make the "mortgage crisis" look like happy days. There are TRILLIONS owed by that responsible American Citizen to credit card companies. These companies are facing the highest rate of default ever. Combine that with Oblowhard's ill-timed move for credit card reform, you won't have any credit left. You won't be able to spend money you do not have. Save your money folks, lose those credit cards. A patch is coming soon that will make the past year look like an economic paradise.

KSL
KSL 05/08/09 - 08:41 am
Doc, what do you think Obama

Doc, what do you think Obama should really be doing to fix this mess?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 05/08/09 - 08:53 am
1 Good Mawnin Disgusta 2 ^5

1 Good Mawnin Disgusta
2 ^5 Tuj & Nomoglo
3 Nero the oldest church is in St augistine FL
4 if the Grand jury had found the officers guilty there would be complaints cause the officers were Minorities

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/08/09 - 08:53 am
The same thing Bushwacked

The same thing Bushwacked should have done: let poorly managed and poorly led businesses fail. This would open the door for entrepreneurs to increase market share in those industries. Encourage saving, not increasing debt. Place blame where it belongs: on every American citizen, including myself. I've posted my solutions too many times to repeat them again.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/08/09 - 08:55 am
Duke: Isn't the oldest

Duke: Isn't the oldest everything in St. Aug? I'll never forget almost getting stuck in a watchtower at Castillo De San Marco. Those folks were so small back then.

Nero
Nero 05/08/09 - 08:58 am
Duke - There are also cases

Duke - There are also cases to be made for some of the Spanish missions in the southwest. I also think the Native Americans could make a good case for their burial mounds. ;-) It depends on how the question is worded. G'mornin to ya!

Lippy
Lippy 05/08/09 - 09:05 am
To the abortion ranter....you

To the abortion ranter....you are comparing apples to oranges. Abortion shouldn't be compared to war, torture, or killing an animal. Abortion should be compared to killing a newborn baby. Are you okay with that? See, I'm 16 weeks pregnant with twins and my doctor tells me that my babies have every organ, bone, fingernail, and strand of hair that he/she will be born with in just a few months. They just have to grow bigger now....but legally I could abort them tomorrow. Is that murder? Or do you consider it "my right" as a woman? Killing a newborn baby who has done nothing wrong is exactly the same as killing a baby inside a uterus.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/08/09 - 09:07 am
Re. rant #4, adults choose to

Re. rant #4, adults choose to enlist in the military and become soldiers. Torture has produced valuable information that has kept our country safe from future terrorist attacks. Our system of torture does not include maiming or beheading unlike the methods our enemies employ. Animals are food or pets. Period! To try and draw a parallel between those issues to that of an innocent unborn child being aborted is ludicrous and shows typical democrat thinking processes.

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 05/08/09 - 09:10 am
Go lippy !!.............A

Go lippy !!.............A fine and dandy good morning to everyone !......I love St. Aug.....there is a little out door cafe (kinda run down) where you can get the best black beans and rice and ice cold Sangria........I bought a dress in a little shop there that sold only products made from hemp...lol that dress was one of my favorites.............