Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

KEN LEWIS, head of Bank of America, says former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Fed head Bernanke threatened to fire him if he did not go through with an absurd deal for Bank of America to buy a lousy company. Is that not a felony on the part of Paulson and Bernanke? Why does nobody even mention that possibility? Is everybody corrupt?

FIRST, A RAVE for beginning the new North Augusta ramp on U.S. 1, as this has been a need for several years. Second a rant for the planning, or lack of, in creating a temporary exit for the residents of River North. This detour takes us down a poorly marked gravel and mud road with a sharp veer to the left that is not clearly marked and a dropoff that you cannot see. When coming into this entrance after dark it is very dangerous and somewhat frightening. SCDOT or City of North Augusta, please help!

MY RANT is about the Richmond County Tax Commissioner's Office. Are these people so secure in their jobs that they can be rude?

COLUMNIST EUGENE ROBINSON writes that "torture is immoral and illegal, and it unquestionably must be punished." Reading Robinson's Marxist columns surely falls under the definition of torture; will he be punished?

OFFICIALS OF THE G-7 countries "promised to move swiftly to provide the necessary fiscal tonic -- tax cuts or increased government spending -- to turn around their own troubled economies." Tax cuts, yes. But "increased government spending," wrong, wrong, wrong! Lies, lies, lies! Increased government spending sends us deeper into the hole. That's the opposite of the cure and these corrupt government people bloody well know that.

GEORGIA GOVERNOR hopefuls are "already kicking into gear with more than a year to go until the primaries next summer." This is shameful and destructive to our whole political system and freedom. With Obama, et al, we had nearly three years of campaigning when we should have had no more than three WEEKS campaigning. A smart and ambitious pol wanting to be Georgia governor should announce he will begin his active campaign three weeks prior to the primary voting day. Then he should stick to that promise. Odds are a whole lot of voters would thank him for it.

THE ELEPHANT PARTY is not welcome in Augusta and next time arrange your Tea Party protest in Columbia County.

OBAMA'S ATTORNEY GENERAL would like to imprison Bush's legal advisers about a definition of torture. Clearly, Obama is at least dreaming about later jailing Bush, himself. But has Obama considered that, once such an unconstitutional and criminal idea gets used, the president who follows Obama could very likely imprison Obama?

A BIG RAVE FOR Tony at O'reilly's in North Augusta. Thanks for your help!!

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 05/04/09 - 03:23 pm
ITDoc, you're right about no

ITDoc, you're right about no trials. All I was trying to get across to Ness is that I personally am not worried about the prisoners there as I believe there is a reason they are there and should be made to tell all. I'm sure they have been trained to resist persuasion. IF they say they don't know what is needed, what is to stop them from returning and resuming their activities? Maybe I'm approaching it wrong.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/04/09 - 03:26 pm
It's not HOW you're

It's not HOW you're approaching, it's WHO. Peace.

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 05/04/09 - 03:32 pm
I'm sorry if I offended you.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm just disagreeing with Ness.

Rose
Rose 05/04/09 - 03:36 pm
Hi Angie. I have not seen Q2

Hi Angie. I have not seen Q2 on here today.

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/04/09 - 03:40 pm
Nah Daddy Rabbitt, I only get

Nah Daddy Rabbitt, I only get offended by stupid people. Disagreement with Mess proves you are not one of that majority. :-)

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/04/09 - 03:48 pm
Consistency: steadfast

Consistency: steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: EX: There is consistency in his pattern of behavior. Now that you know what it is, AC Moderator, could we get some on this board? Thank you.

justus5
justus5 05/04/09 - 04:35 pm
Sleep deprivation,

Sleep deprivation, uncomfortable positions, simulated drowning? That sounds like fraternity pledging to me!

elliottness
elliottness 05/04/09 - 05:18 pm
rabbit you can't just try

rabbit you can't just try people with no evidence! believe it or not they are human beings rounded up in a military dragnet and now no one wants to deal with them.how would you like to be held for 6 years and never know when you're going to leave?if you haven't broken a mans spirit in 6 years you're not going to, now they're asking other countries to take some of the detainees like they're just chattel. i would tell the us to eff off also. you rounded them up now deal with it!

elliottness
elliottness 05/04/09 - 05:27 pm
before i depart for the day i

before i depart for the day i was reading one of these free newspapers that they have around usc's campus.there was an article about 911 in it.there is a group of engineers going around campuses and churches with a very detailed demonstration proving how the buildings were detonated on 911.they were in columbia last week but i missed it. i will catch up with them and show them my list of questions.they want to get a grass roots organization started to force the gov't to reopen the 911 crimes!my faith in mankind is restored, finally!

Rose
Rose 05/04/09 - 05:35 pm
elliottness very interesting.

elliottness very interesting. I will be watching to see what happens.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 05/04/09 - 05:41 pm
Guess I'll turn it.

Guess I'll turn it.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 05/04/09 - 05:47 pm
Of course you will rose.

Of course you will rose. It's interesting what you think is interesting. Try thinking that some of the facts about prezbho are interesting.

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 05/04/09 - 05:58 pm
Ness, WHAT were they doing in

Ness, WHAT were they doing in the dragnet area, anyway? Ordinary criminals might come clean to get a better deal in court. ENEMIES will hate you until the end!! No, I wouldn't hold them without a trial, but, a military trial....AFTER GETTING ALL THE EVIDENCE I COULD. If you sympathise with them that deeply, maybe you belong with them OR already are. The only way to turn them loose is to shoot them while escaping. And if you believe the crap about buildings detonated by the US in 911, it's plain to see you should be there. Remember, either you are a solution to the problem or you are part of the problem. You sound like a lot of people I've met who have just enough college to think you (with help of some liberal professors) know the whole answer. Wait until you finish and maybe things will change. No, I'm not putting college down, I know a lot of smart college graduates, I have one in college and except for being married I could have gone to West Point. But, mostly the dumbest have just enough to make them dangerous.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 05/04/09 - 06:12 pm
Lots of deleted posts today.

Lots of deleted posts today. IT, enjoyed your discourse. I looked at the link and came up with double speak on Gitmo. Surprise! They will, they won't, they might... uhhh. Some obviously don't realize that war criminals and POW's ARE treated differently than American citizens. The US Constitution doesn't apply to their rights, but the Geneva Convention might, if, & that's a BIG IF, their country signed it. I haven't forgotten the beheadings I saw on TV, nor the dragging of US military bodies through the streets. Never bothered to look for Q2. Some are lost & should be. Mess is still a mess.

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/04/09 - 06:13 pm
Hey, Dems, enjoy your new

Hey, Dems, enjoy your new guy, Specter! What a freaking hack...he's right where he belongs... Gosh, we'll sure miss his principled stands on the issues, not to mention the fact that he is a 100% genuine CLASS act, viz. this wonderful encomium to the late Jack Kemp: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/04/specter-hints-kemp-died-... Yes, yes, I think he has found his home in the party of Barack "Bitter Clingers" Obama, John "Christopher Reeves would be walking" Edwards, Joe "Well, I'm not going to put MY family on a plane" Biden, and the whole Democratic "We Love the Military, General Betray-Us" Party, not only The Most Ethical Congress In History, and The Most Transparent Administration In History... Hey, when these people promise you a classless society, they deliver! They clearly have no class whatsoever...who better to take you there???

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/04/09 - 06:14 pm
I see Jack was not allowed to

I see Jack was not allowed to get his point across! The same old Elli and her ignorant comments. I know she is not an Economics major. USC???? What in the heck are you majoring in political correctness?

used2Bjonny
used2Bjonny 05/04/09 - 06:41 pm
Poor Napolitano! She was on

Poor Napolitano! She was on the verge of having her own "crisis" which she was working hard not to "waste," and it looks like it's either gone, or she'll have to wait 'til autumn to get it... Ah, well, can't lose...er...WIN...them all!

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 05/04/09 - 06:47 pm
jonny, your sarcasm exceeds

jonny, your sarcasm exceeds even mine. I love it.

Boston93
Boston93 05/04/09 - 06:47 pm
Dukedirtbag on Hillary

Dukedirtbag on Hillary staying quiet. She didn't have a job until Obama made her SOS and then she realized she wasn't as smart as she campaigned to be.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 05/04/09 - 06:53 pm
Hillary = SOS. Boston, you're

Hillary = SOS. Boston, you're funny. I hadn't made that connection yet.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/09 - 07:43 pm
elliot, once again you show

elliot, once again you show your ignorance (literal sense used here so as not to get banned). As a criminal justice major, there are several things you can be charged with for saying you are going to kill your wife, or anyone else for that matter. You have communicated a threat, conspired to commit murder, and depending the degree of planning at the time of arrest, possibly attempted murder.

_georgepickett
_georgepickett 05/04/09 - 08:06 pm
ethel, who the f are you, not

ethel, who the f are you, not to mention you are dead nut on---you don't wear a tin foil hat like elliot ,I see!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/09 - 08:24 pm

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/09 - 08:30 pm
To several of the regular

To several of the regular posters, education is the only known cure for ignorance (again in the literal sense). It does not have to be formal education. There is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips at this moment. Use some of your time reading. Often the self educated are the smartest of any group.

corgimom
corgimom 05/04/09 - 09:42 pm
So Elliottmess, since these

So Elliottmess, since these people have such detailed proof, why doesn't mainstream newspapers print their proof? Or are we all supposed to believe that all the newspapers in the US are conspiring to not print it? A newspaper is going to turn down the Pulitzer Prize? Just what was the name of that publication?

_georgepickett
_georgepickett 05/04/09 - 10:23 pm
Tin foil cannot recall!

Tin foil cannot recall!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/05/09 - 03:00 am
Take a peace of metal stick

Take a peace of metal stick it in a hot fire, and it bends. Structural components of a building are made by stacking one floor on top of another floor. The supporting columns and beams are at the exact locations floor to floor distributing the weight down to the foundation, that is anchored in to the earth. Buildings do not fall down like trees, The floors collapse on one another and the building goes straight down. If the conspiracy people don't believe me go see a burning house or building. The fire burns the structural members and they collapses from the top down to the foundation, like an inverted mushroom.