Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A BIG RAVE to the lady that found my hand bag in the shopping cart at the Target store in Evans. Thank you! Thank you! It's nice to know that some people are honest and trustworthy. May God watch over you today and always.

OBAMA DECLARES a public health emergency, re: swine flu. Politicians love to "declare" things for at least three reasons: 1. it boosts their egos; 2. it frightens citizens; and 3. that fear lets politicians steal more unconstitutional power from the people.

RAVE FOR BRENDA at Target on Robert C. Daniel. You have outstanding customer service.

PUBLIC SCHOOL geniuses will add new classes, like "child-care development" and "pre-K." Those were once taught by parents, at home. And it worked.

GOD BLESS THE whole world -- NO Exceptions.

RANT TO THE City of Augusta Utilities Department and/or the Augusta Canal Authority, for not taking the opportunity, while the canal is drained, to remove the automobile that is on its roof in the canal. The automobile looks like it has been there for years. I guess it must be a part of the "charm" of the canal.

WARS, RUMORS OF wars, earthquakes, men's hearts failing, pestilence (bird flu, pig flu) ... it is all a prelude. Read the Book: don't be left behind.

TO ALL THOSE opposed to waterboarding and other means of gathering the enemies' information. When they break down your door, bomb your workplace, kill your friends, remember that you are just as guilty as they are when you oppose the only things that can get their information.

SECRETARY OF something-or-other Napolitano said border officials are watching out for people entering the U.S. who look like they might be sick. In the same statement, she said a person can have swine flu for two or three days before any symptoms show up. So, how do these expert border officials spot sickness when the victim can't even spot it? Did Sec. Whatzits learn medicine from the Chicago Al Capone political school of medicine?

THIS IS FOR THE GIRL who drives the little yellow day-care bus. For the safety of the children, please get off the phone and slow down!

THIS IS A RANT to those who have deemed being American and Christian as an exclusive term reserved only for those who share your exact opinions and beliefs. Please forgive my un-American and anti-Christian ignorance for missing that Amendment of the Bill of Rights or chapter of the Bible.

kat30815
kat30815 05/01/09 - 01:58 am
goodmorning............

goodmorning............

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 05/01/09 - 02:07 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Bunch, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, PHTS, The Interrogator, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RocknRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 05/01/09 - 02:51 am
Good morning Nammy, Tujeez

Good morning Nammy, Tujeez and PTHS . Everybody have a great day !!!!

brianw
brianw 05/01/09 - 04:11 am
According to the CDC's

According to the CDC's website there have been 109 laboratory confirmed cases of H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) in the United States of America (see http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/). The estimated population of the USA is approx. 306 million (see http://www.census.gov/population/www/popclockus.html). Simple math (109 divided by 306,000,000) puts the percentage of the U.S. population having laboratory confirmed cases of H1N1 Flu far below half of one-half percent. How the heck does one seriously call this a national pandemic?

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 04:20 am
A thought for the day: "Spoon

A thought for the day: "Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon." - E.M. Forster. G'mornin, RocknRoll, Nammy! and all y'all! Happy May Day First Friday! w00t!

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 04:46 am
brianw - Drink some kook-aid,

brianw - Drink some kook-aid, it might make "better" sense then. However, it made everybody forget about the joy ride on the Presidential aircraft, didn't it?

brianw
brianw 05/01/09 - 04:51 am
PTHS - yea I guess. Thanks, I

PTHS - yea I guess. Thanks, I appreciate the chuckle.

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 05:05 am
brianw - You are welcome,

brianw - You are welcome, Sir. Just remember that these folks who think the odds of catching the "swine flu" are high are the same ones that buy lottery tickets every week because they feel the odds of eventually winning are good and increase with each ticket they purchase.

christian134
christian134 05/01/09 - 05:14 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

brianw
brianw 05/01/09 - 05:18 am
Now the Administration tells

Now the Administration tells Americans "if your feeling sick, stay off of airplanes." YA THINK? Mexico has 312 confirmed cases according to CNN. Anyone wanna guess what the population of Mexico is? The last estimate put it somewhere around 109 million. 312 divided by 109,000,000 is....come on Brian...find your happy place, find your happy place.....

dhd1108
dhd1108 05/01/09 - 05:26 am
oink oink oink. dunno about

oink oink oink. dunno about the H1N1 virus, but the swine in congress has me feeling sick to my stomach. better not hop a plane and buzz the statue of liberty!

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/01/09 - 05:26 am
morning all

morning all

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 05:29 am
brianw, you'd feel

brianw, you'd feel differently if one of those 312 was one of your relatives.
Posted by Rose on Fri May 1, 2009 5:23 AM

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/01/09 - 05:31 am
maybe the swine flu crap is

maybe the swine flu crap is being hyped as a way to bail out drug companies without the public complaining about it, the gov can just fund research for a vaccine to cure the nonexistant threat

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/01/09 - 05:32 am
Just the mention of the name

Just the mention of the name Jesus Christ offends people! Why?

TroubIe
TroubIe 05/01/09 - 05:33 am
lol pths. you have spent

lol pths. you have spent waaaaaay to much time reading roses posts, you sound just like her........

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/01/09 - 05:36 am
The rant about the canal.

The rant about the canal. There is also a car sitting in the Savannah river. The car is about 8 ft down right after you launch your boat Below the dam on the SC side landing. My only rant is I just can't figure out what kind of car it is. Can someone tell me? I think it is a Pontiac but not sure which type.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 05/01/09 - 06:39 am
To those who advocate

To those who advocate torture...so did Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Bin Laden and Kim Jong Il. You and Georgy Porgy are in good company!

momofthree
momofthree 05/01/09 - 06:41 am
It was once said that a Black

It was once said that a Black man would be president "when pigs fly" indeed 100 days into Obama's presidency........
"swine flu" ----------------------------------How long til this gets deleted????? Morning all.

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 06:42 am
mom3 - LOL! G'mornin. I think

mom3 - LOL! G'mornin. I think Lippy got away with it yesterday. But who can tell from day to day what is inappropriate? We certainly can't, otherwise there would never be a need for removals.

brianw
brianw 05/01/09 - 06:43 am
PTHS, thanks for another

PTHS, thanks for another laugh. Have a great day. I, after a long night at work, am going to sleep. Rose, dear Rose, I leave you with more math...Newberry, SC has 13 citizens ill with this sickness (not dying, just sick). The population of Newberry is greater than 10,000. 13/10000 = .0013.

momofthree
momofthree 05/01/09 - 06:47 am
Mornin' back at ya PTHS. Time

Mornin' back at ya PTHS. Time to go get raedy I have my hectic 4 hour work day today. I just love Fridays. Good day at the races all, and my the best one win......................

momofthree
momofthree 05/01/09 - 06:51 am
Question: anyone know where I

Question: anyone know where I can get an unlock code for my cell phone, I switched companies and the old one claims that my phone (I paid 300 bucks for it) is their property and they won't provide a code so I can use it.

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 06:56 am
mom3 - Google "unlock (name

mom3 - Google "unlock (name of phone)". But I didn't tell you that. If you can't make it work, let me know here or email me.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/01/09 - 07:01 am
Mom, they have the phones ID

Mom, they have the phones ID locked out in the whole network, which will not allow other carriers to activate the phone. So you would have to go back to the original carrier.

Irish
Irish 05/01/09 - 07:02 am
After 100 days in office I

After 100 days in office I believe president Howdy Doody should change his slogan from Change you can believe in to "Can you believe in this Change". I think America was sold a Pig in a poke....how bout ole Joe...he's living up to his reputation as a goof up isn't he...reminds you of Spiro Agnew...How bout a Nixon impersonation "I am not a thief" I just don't pay my taxes.......sound like any of the recent nominees for cabinet post?

shaglorious
shaglorious 05/01/09 - 07:03 am
mom3, my son told me you can

mom3, my son told me you can buy unlock codes on the internet for a little more than a dollar. Good Luck!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 05/01/09 - 07:10 am
Its been 10 years since I

Its been 10 years since I worked for a cellular company so things could have changed, but if some one didn't fulfill their contract agreement. We went into the system and lock the phone, through its ID number, so it could not be used by other carriers.

Irish
Irish 05/01/09 - 07:13 am
Ga copper head...on 9/11/01

Ga copper head...on 9/11/01 3000 innocent americans were killed. some jumped out of an 80 story building rather than burn to death. of course that's not torturous. However I would remind you that your ability to sit and complain was afforded you by the people who prevented further attacks by using waterboarding. I guess we could have cut off heads on public television but then we wouldn't have gotten much info. Remember dunderhead. we are still at war with these terrorist. They haven't shouted for joy since Howdy Doody and his band of pacifict feel goods came to office. Still at war...means you may get your chance to be a martyr yet...hang in there..I'm rootin fory you.......

pthsssh
pthsssh 05/01/09 - 07:14 am
Stick with "engineering"

Stick with "engineering" drywall. I think you are better suited for that.