Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

WHAT KIND OF clowns are running this city? A trolley, a new baseball stadium, talking about giving the mayor a raise when he's not done anything? What's next? How about fix what we have here. Fix the roads, the potholes, the road shoulders that are deteriorating, the bridges, and the drain system that's flooding all the time. Talk about stupidity.

I NEVER WORRIED ABOUT my children or grandchildren's future while Bush was in office. He kept the United States safe after 9-11. Obama is in office and I am scared to death now. My children and my grandchildren will pay the bills for all the money he is borrowing from China and spending who knows where.

A RAVE FOR The Chronicle updating the news throughout the day on the Web site. I love the new method for getting the news out. Please keep it up.

MR. MAYOR, please give us a paved sidewalk on Aumond Road. We need it for safety.

NOW OBAMA IS aiding and abetting the terrorists by releasing all the sensitive information about them. The United States is at war with the terrorists for our very existence, just as Israel is. Whose side is this man on?

RANT FOR ALL THE unAmericans who want to go after those who did "waterboarding." I'm sure it was quite uncomfortable for the terrorists. I wonder how comfortable it was for the Americans who were literally cooked on top of the Twin Towers to the point of jumping out of the buildings?

SINCE THE OWNERS of Captain D's are opening a Cheddar's, how about a Captain D's on Belair Road near I-20?

GIRLS 17 YEARS OLD are able to get morning-after birth control pills? I don't know why they don't lower it to 10 years old. After all, a girl 10 can surely get pregnant.

RANT TO ALL THE people in the CSRA who litter. I was over at the Bobby Jones exit that takes you to the Target shopping center the other day, and I saw a young woman throw a plastic cup out the window of her car. She didn't even seem to give it a second thought. What has happened to young people in this country?

A RANT TO the previous rant on Sawmill Trail in the Millbranch subdivision in Grovetown. To the person who cannot stand to look at grass and weed cuttings, did it ever occur to you maybe you could have helped the person who was gracious enough to cut the grass? Do you think it's so unbearable to look at? Why don't you think about plastic bottles, disposable cups, cigarette butts and tin cans? Why don't you get out and help do something instead of whining?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/28/09 - 02:25 am
A Rave to the AC webstaff for

A Rave to the AC webstaff for checking the kid of the day pictues. They have human colors now. Good job.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/28/09 - 04:20 am
There are no more terrorists.

There are no more terrorists. There are just some misguided folks we need to reach out to and talk with. G'mornin RocknRoll and all y'all. Welcome home, Nammy! w00t!

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/28/09 - 04:20 am
w00t! Good morning Tujeez,

w00t! Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS (thanks dude!) and all ya'll! WooT/tatas! Whew, I fell asleep sitting here and nearly missed that baby! (': I am laying back down. Still feeling pretty awful. Night all!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/28/09 - 05:16 am
Why don't they take the money

Why don't they take the money for the Trolley's, light rail, and new baseball stadium and take the criminals off the streets. I wonder how many warrants that are issued with no action? Get rid of the Crime and the private investors will pour money into the city.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/28/09 - 05:18 am
If the people of the CSRA

If the people of the CSRA want something, then its profitable, someone somewhere will pay for it.

NEone
NEone 04/28/09 - 05:19 am
The young people litterers

The young people litterers learned it from the old people litterers.

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/28/09 - 05:22 am
morning all

morning all

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/28/09 - 05:33 am
A thought for the day: "The

A thought for the day: "The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents." -Salvador Dali

3headedbeast
3headedbeast 04/28/09 - 05:39 am
A sick person who will deem

A sick person who will deem about impregnate a 10 year old girl.Please don't give child molester no more ideas.

momofthree
momofthree 04/28/09 - 06:20 am
3headedbeast, "deem about

3headedbeast, "deem about impregnating a 10 year old" Think about that for just a few seconds......

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 04/28/09 - 06:22 am
Hussien is on the Muslim side

Hussien is on the Muslim side

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/28/09 - 06:25 am
Hey Nammy , Tujeez and PTHS

Hey Nammy , Tujeez and PTHS ... Everybody have a safe and blessed day ! Hope u get to feeling better Nammy !!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/28/09 - 06:31 am
Strawberry fields forever

Strawberry fields forever !!!!!!!! Or is it " Lucy in the Sky w/ Diamonds ?...

Hoss4
Hoss4 04/28/09 - 06:45 am
How dumb is Barry's team?

How dumb is Barry's team? Lets just fly Air Force 1 real close to all that so called trade center disaster area. I dont see anything wrong with it.

momofthree
momofthree 04/28/09 - 06:47 am
R&R I guess it depends on

R&R I guess it depends on which chemical you choose to wake up with in the morning..............LOL I know this will disappear before noon....

2tired2argueanymore
2tired2argueanymore 04/28/09 - 06:59 am
I think we should water board

I think we should water board congress. I am sure we couldn't get any valuable information out of them but if we are lucky they will all just quit.

local girl
local girl 04/28/09 - 07:05 am
There are romors that some of

There are romors that some of the jails will go under because of lack of funds.are they going to turn all the inmates loose.This is more important than a ball stadium

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/28/09 - 07:11 am
roflmao !!!!!!! lol mom !!!!!

roflmao !!!!!!! lol mom !!!!!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/28/09 - 07:17 am
Look you whiney knuckleheads

Look you whiney knuckleheads .... What part of building the stadium primarily with private investments and possibly a bond from A/RC (that would be paid back with interest) do you not understand? I don't think any private investors are going to put down their money to keep jails open or fix potholes expecting an eventual return on their funds.

Martinez
Martinez 04/28/09 - 07:17 am
The jail system just needs to

The jail system just needs to maximize it's resources. It has a huge pool of unemployed able bodied workers at it's disposal. The jail should operate self-sufficiently, assigning work to those inside. Laundry, Kitchen, Janitorial... there is no reason to pay someone for those services. And if that doesn't cover it, start charging admission for visitors. I pay to see my kids perform in school plays or for entrance to a baseball game. If it's important to someone, they will pay.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/28/09 - 07:19 am
Martinez - G'mornin - great

Martinez - G'mornin - great points.

shaglorious
shaglorious 04/28/09 - 07:23 am
Martinez, that is a good

Martinez, that is a good idea!

Martinez
Martinez 04/28/09 - 07:27 am
TY PTHS and Good Morning to

TY PTHS and Good Morning to you too..... Love your Dali quote.

johndbaptist3232
johndbaptist3232 04/28/09 - 07:36 am
the godless continue to bring

the godless continue to bring America to ruin with their litter!

christian134
christian134 04/28/09 - 07:40 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 04/28/09 - 07:40 am
Ode to "Sweet

Ode to "Sweet Basil".......................why so pale and wan sweet basil?....there you stand among the rosemary and oragano and chives and thyme..looking sad and limp...when you first appeared you were a sight to behold all green and shiney with proud leaves glistening... your cousins are all looking proud and smelling of spice and lemon and sage... whilst you barely raise your tattered head......... so what hast made thee so forlorn?

christian134
christian134 04/28/09 - 07:46 am
According to Obama "he has a

According to Obama "he has a gift"...You might hesitantly ask "What"? as it is downright impossible to find something in which this man is gifted...:-) He has a gift of "gab"...He can deliver a really good speech...To be fair I have to agree...This man waltzed right into the White House with virtually no qualifications at all but a gift for obviously swaying people to his mind set...The problem we have now would have to be trying to find a way around this uniquely unqualified person dead set on playing a being President while we all watch our nation nose dive into oblivion...Oh well...:-)

MenstratingModerator
MenstratingModerator 04/28/09 - 07:47 am
I voted for Obama!

I voted for Obama!

christian134
christian134 04/28/09 - 07:49 am
To give the person an answer

To give the person an answer to which side is Pres. O loyal...He is loyal first to himself then to his new found terrorists buddies...After all that is what anyone who craves a position in the upcoming One World Government would do...He must cultivate the ones with the upper hand...

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 04/28/09 - 07:49 am
LOL........I am afraid I will

LOL........I am afraid I will have to pluck my sweet basil from the garden,,,,,too bad we can't do the same to barry.............