Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

GEORGIA HAS GOT to be the most lenient in the whole U.S. when it comes to noise pollution. I can take an occasional burst of a boom box, but a straight exhaust should not be allowed.

I'M CALLING IN reference to Cross Creek High School's prom Saturday night. My niece is a senior at Cross Creek, and she would not enjoy her prom because of some of the students dancing in there. She said they were dancing very vulgar and that it was just horrible.

RANT FOR roads and bridges in Columbia County and all the counties in Georgia. If they would spend more time fixing the shoulders of the road, then we wouldn't have quite as many deaths on the highway. Some of the roads are four and five inches from the dirt, and when you get off, it's goodbye, because you cannot get back up on there.

METRO SPIRIT HAS got a lot of nerve talking down your newspaper. That's the cheesiest little newspaper I've ever read. They are lucky it's free because nobody would want to buy it.

RAVE FOR THE Young Republicans who put on the tea party in Augusta. I enjoyed the event and the speakers. I'm just sorry more people from Augusta did not attend. Of course, if I lived in a Section 8 home, was on welfare getting free Medicare and free food stamps, I probably would have stayed home, too.

A RANT CLAIMS President Obama spent more in eight weeks than President Bush did in eight years. This person seems to have forgotten the tremendous debt that George Bush has left for generations to come.

TO THE SOMALI PIRATES wrecking the economy: If they want to play by old-timey rules, maybe they should be punished the same way. Take them out to the middle of the ocean and make them walk the plank.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, taxpayers. Hey Deke, we knew you would get your way by building the stadium. Build it and they will come -- I don't think so.

NO WONDER THE Somali pirate was smiling as he was brought to the United States. He will probably get rehab, a government check and free health care.

RANT TO ALL THOSE people who are following Newt Gingrich. Have you forgotten that he is just a big fat adulterer?

YOU ALREADY USE MY tax dollars to help feed the needy and repave messed-up roads. Now how about using some of my tax money to build something I really want: a baseball stadium downtown. What's wrong with that?

I CALLED IN NOT long ago and left a rant about the reckless teenagers driving like a bunch of hooligans on Pine Log Road in Aiken. Now it turns out a young woman was killed while walking down Pine Log Road. Maybe if the local law enforcement would do their jobs and actually watch the people driving on Pine Log Road, this sort of tragic accident would not happen.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 09:39 pm
Why can't the few southern's

Why can't the few southern's have a day of peace and remember their heritage. We don't think of whipping slaves or such matters. We think of our Family members who Fought for a cause that they believed in. To the few people that understand it was not all about slavery, but about states rights. Which I know most people today want their free meal from the Federal Government, but there of those who don't want to pay for that free meal.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 09:49 pm
milton - You just blew it.

milton - You just blew it. Take a "few" carrots and cram them up your butt you pretender fool! Don't embarass us any more.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 09:52 pm
The random capitalization

The random capitalization gave you away, boy.

Rose
Rose 04/25/09 - 09:56 pm
I have a few ancestors who

I have a few ancestors who fought for the Confederacy. One was a prisoner.I will honor them Monday.They fought for a cause they believed in, and it was not slavery.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 10:14 pm
PTHS what are you talking

PTHS what are you talking about?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 10:15 pm
PTHS are you trying to suck

PTHS are you trying to suck up to RCR cause he called you a racist?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 10:18 pm
What am I pretending about.

What am I pretending about. Look I just got a 2 year old and a 3 year old to bed and I just had a beer. If I had some random capitalization that caused you to freak out. I apologize! LMAO

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 10:22 pm
PTHS I just cant stop

PTHS I just cant stop laughing. Darn man stay of the acid! Even old Barr would agree with me!

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 10:28 pm
Rose, better be careful

Rose, better be careful there, I agree with you totally, but there are a number here who won't. I will be very angry if RCR is okay with you celebrating, but not okay with me celebrating my and my husband's ancestors. I do believe that puts him in a little pickle. And you know justus4 won't accept it at all from either of us.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/09 - 10:30 pm
I noticed that pickle, too

I noticed that pickle, too KSL. He can't have it both ways.

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 10:38 pm
I am grateful that I get to

I am grateful that I get to celebrate twice. The Georgia day, most of my ancestors. And the SC day, where I live now and have lived most of my life. We have a few momentos from that era. One is a Confederate war bond with two clips. My northern side grandfather found in in NY and purchased it for me when I was approximately one year old. It was a gift to me after he died, long after I got married, with appropriate notations.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 11:09 pm
I see PTHS passed out from

I see PTHS passed out from his drunken stupor!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/09 - 11:12 pm
Good night.

Good night.

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 11:12 pm
No, he keeps different hours

No, he keeps different hours from us, left over from his protection of us. My husband and I still eat late at night just because our sons got home from practices in high school late. And that was years ago.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 11:23 pm
LMAO I am just picking at the

LMAO I am just picking at the guy!