Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

GEORGIA HAS GOT to be the most lenient in the whole U.S. when it comes to noise pollution. I can take an occasional burst of a boom box, but a straight exhaust should not be allowed.

I'M CALLING IN reference to Cross Creek High School's prom Saturday night. My niece is a senior at Cross Creek, and she would not enjoy her prom because of some of the students dancing in there. She said they were dancing very vulgar and that it was just horrible.

RANT FOR roads and bridges in Columbia County and all the counties in Georgia. If they would spend more time fixing the shoulders of the road, then we wouldn't have quite as many deaths on the highway. Some of the roads are four and five inches from the dirt, and when you get off, it's goodbye, because you cannot get back up on there.

METRO SPIRIT HAS got a lot of nerve talking down your newspaper. That's the cheesiest little newspaper I've ever read. They are lucky it's free because nobody would want to buy it.

RAVE FOR THE Young Republicans who put on the tea party in Augusta. I enjoyed the event and the speakers. I'm just sorry more people from Augusta did not attend. Of course, if I lived in a Section 8 home, was on welfare getting free Medicare and free food stamps, I probably would have stayed home, too.

A RANT CLAIMS President Obama spent more in eight weeks than President Bush did in eight years. This person seems to have forgotten the tremendous debt that George Bush has left for generations to come.

TO THE SOMALI PIRATES wrecking the economy: If they want to play by old-timey rules, maybe they should be punished the same way. Take them out to the middle of the ocean and make them walk the plank.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, taxpayers. Hey Deke, we knew you would get your way by building the stadium. Build it and they will come -- I don't think so.

NO WONDER THE Somali pirate was smiling as he was brought to the United States. He will probably get rehab, a government check and free health care.

RANT TO ALL THOSE people who are following Newt Gingrich. Have you forgotten that he is just a big fat adulterer?

YOU ALREADY USE MY tax dollars to help feed the needy and repave messed-up roads. Now how about using some of my tax money to build something I really want: a baseball stadium downtown. What's wrong with that?

I CALLED IN NOT long ago and left a rant about the reckless teenagers driving like a bunch of hooligans on Pine Log Road in Aiken. Now it turns out a young woman was killed while walking down Pine Log Road. Maybe if the local law enforcement would do their jobs and actually watch the people driving on Pine Log Road, this sort of tragic accident would not happen.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 04/25/09 - 05:13 pm
Because sub prime lending let

Because sub prime lending let them baroness. They'll be gone soon.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/25/09 - 05:49 pm
PTHS, You have to count the

PTHS, You have to count the "country girls" along with the white males? It that a case of too much testosterone, too little testosterone, or too much inbreeding?!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 05:53 pm
coalminer - The country girls

coalminer - The country girls understood the point I made. I really don't care if you do or did. Have a blissful day. All I know is that you ain't digging any coal in the granite ridges of Martinez. This thought is comforting to me.

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 05:55 pm
Trying to start something?

Trying to start something?

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 05:56 pm
Not you, P.

Not you, P.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 06:09 pm
How will the minorities feel

How will the minorities feel when they are the majority and there isn't enough money to protect them from themselves and to give out any more freebies?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 06:11 pm
aw - They will blame Bush. No

aw - They will blame Bush. No worries, mate!

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 06:14 pm
I am taking a class on

I am taking a class on communication and it is suggested of certain predisposed characteristics in people based on their genes. Do you ever wonder if the sick and twisted crap going on in Africa in places like Darfur have any connection to the sick things going on in our inner cities? Hmm, and European countries still seem peaceful.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 06:27 pm
aw - It is okay to praise and

aw - It is okay to praise and admire the genetic qualities and frequently superior abilities of black atheletes. But you'd better stop there, otherwise are you are a racist! ;-)

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 06:29 pm
I have a lot of observations

I have a lot of observations to share with you, andy over dinner before you exit the area, I hope.

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/25/09 - 06:32 pm
w00t turn it

w00t turn it

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 06:34 pm
Run D-Day, RUN! Fast and far!

Run D-Day, RUN! Fast and far!

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/25/09 - 06:44 pm
Good evening dementions and

Good evening dementions and dementites. Just thought I'd pop in and wish y'all a happy Saturday night. I'll be taking me lovely mate out for a night on the town in honor of her birthday. Y'all can spot us anywhere: she's always the most beautiful woman in the room. Peace.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 04/25/09 - 06:48 pm
IT sucking up, I used the

IT sucking up, I used the same comment last July. LMAO

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/25/09 - 06:49 pm
KK: If you've ever seen my

KK: If you've ever seen my wife, you'd know it as truth.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 06:49 pm
KK - Don't let him fool ya.

KK - Don't let him fool ya. He is taking his tinted windows and rims downtown to cruise around Powerfest.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 06:50 pm
Jack I have spent allot of

Jack I have spent allot of time in NC, and my family is from Macon.
NC is a beautiful state.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/25/09 - 06:52 pm
ROFL Goob: The twuck is

ROFL Goob: The twuck is staying in. We be cruzin the bad [filtered word] ride.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 04/25/09 - 06:53 pm
IT, we all say the same

IT, we all say the same thing. LMAO

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 07:21 pm
KK, my husband of 40+ years

KK, my husband of 40+ years does, as well. LOL. Very frequently.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 07:38 pm
KSL, dinner would be fine.

KSL, dinner would be fine. Just let me know.

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 07:43 pm
You let us know. You have the

You let us know. You have the child with games, etc.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 07:56 pm
D-Day - Just make sure you

D-Day - Just make sure you plan reservations for after 9:30pm. You know it's a habit from all the sports practices and games over the years. Plus it would be a shame to kill a buzz too early in the evening.

confederatelady319
confederatelady319 04/25/09 - 08:14 pm
To the person who views our

To the person who views our comments as appropriate or inappropriate, are you going to allow Confederate American back? Numerous emails to you but no response. Banned for over at least 4 months or more, what does one have to do?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 08:23 pm
dbs - Swear your allegiance

dbs - Swear your allegiance to The Union! I'll go ahead and report your 8:14pm so that they read it. It's a very legitimate question. Especially since Monday is a State Holiday.

momofthree
momofthree 04/25/09 - 08:36 pm
for PTHS, CBBP, ITdoc, and

for PTHS, CBBP, ITdoc, and all my friends.............. what I like about the south.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4kkjzdYOok

confederatelady319
confederatelady319 04/25/09 - 08:39 pm
pths, my hushand has been

pths, my hushand has been banned for making a comment about obama, now uses my name on rants and raves. from what we have read, he hasn't made any more negative comments than any one else.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 08:47 pm
dbs - It is not an even sword

dbs - It is not an even sword they cut with. That is all we are asking for. Call the newsroom and ask for Jonathan or Barbara or whoever is in charge of online comments at the moment. They do not normally answer email pleas asking for explanations of why an account got banned. I've had the occaision to try and get an answer about 10 different times, albiet with no success.

confederatelady319
confederatelady319 04/25/09 - 08:51 pm
thanks pths

thanks pths

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 09:05 pm
dbs - Please post an update

dbs - Please post an update on the progress of the negotiations in a few days. I think I still have your husband's email around here somewhere. If they won't cooperate when approached in a professional manner, I'll give you some other options. SCV "Alive and Doing Well"

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...