Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

GEORGIA HAS GOT to be the most lenient in the whole U.S. when it comes to noise pollution. I can take an occasional burst of a boom box, but a straight exhaust should not be allowed.

I'M CALLING IN reference to Cross Creek High School's prom Saturday night. My niece is a senior at Cross Creek, and she would not enjoy her prom because of some of the students dancing in there. She said they were dancing very vulgar and that it was just horrible.

RANT FOR roads and bridges in Columbia County and all the counties in Georgia. If they would spend more time fixing the shoulders of the road, then we wouldn't have quite as many deaths on the highway. Some of the roads are four and five inches from the dirt, and when you get off, it's goodbye, because you cannot get back up on there.

METRO SPIRIT HAS got a lot of nerve talking down your newspaper. That's the cheesiest little newspaper I've ever read. They are lucky it's free because nobody would want to buy it.

RAVE FOR THE Young Republicans who put on the tea party in Augusta. I enjoyed the event and the speakers. I'm just sorry more people from Augusta did not attend. Of course, if I lived in a Section 8 home, was on welfare getting free Medicare and free food stamps, I probably would have stayed home, too.

TO THE SOMALI PIRATES wrecking the economy: If they want to play by old-timey rules, maybe they should be punished the same way. Take them out to the middle of the ocean and make them walk the plank.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, taxpayers. Hey Deke, we knew you would get your way by building the stadium. Build it and they will come -- I don't think so.

NO WONDER THE Somali pirate was smiling as he was brought to the United States. He will probably get rehab, a government check and free health care.

YOU ALREADY USE MY tax dollars to help feed the needy and repave messed-up roads. Now how about using some of my tax money to build something I really want: a baseball stadium downtown. What's wrong with that?

I CALLED IN NOT long ago and left a rant about the reckless teenagers driving like a bunch of hooligans on Pine Log Road in Aiken. Now it turns out a young woman was killed while walking down Pine Log Road. Maybe if the local law enforcement would do their jobs and actually watch the people driving on Pine Log Road, this sort of tragic accident would not happen.

God save America
God save America 04/25/09 - 01:45 pm
do the yellowjacks sell out

do the yellowjacks sell out all their games ? i hear they don't sell out now. what makes augusta think they will sell out a new field. augusta doesn't support any thing that is tryed there.ice hockey, arena football , golf museum ,and all else have failed there.

God save America
God save America 04/25/09 - 01:49 pm
adulterer is wrong and not

adulterer is wrong and not paying your taxes is also wrong. if you want to be on obama's staff don't pay your taxes.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 02:35 pm
Jenasix you need a mental

Jenasix you need a mental evaluation.

Onthebeach
Onthebeach 04/25/09 - 02:40 pm
JSix probably has already had

JSix probably has already had one.....Scores were too low to register.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 04/25/09 - 02:55 pm
WOW! JenaSix, I bet if your

WOW! JenaSix, I bet if your mom would have known how you turned out she would have aborted you!

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 03:01 pm
Roll Tide you quit stealing

Roll Tide you quit stealing my jokes before I get a chance to post them, but you hit it hard on for good old JenaSix. Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 04/25/09 - 03:03 pm
I guess great minds think

I guess great minds think alike. HUH?

jack
jack 04/25/09 - 03:15 pm
A RANT CLAIMS President Obama

A RANT CLAIMS President Obama spent more in eight weeks than President Bush did in eight years. This person seems to have forgotten the tremendous debt that George Bush has left for generations to come....Tell us specifically how much the debt/deficit was under Bush when he left office. Hmmmmmmm didn't think so. More bubbles in the bath tub I see here.

jack
jack 04/25/09 - 03:17 pm
G'Day to all you lovely birds

G'Day to all you lovely birds and ole blokes. Am a little late getting on but here I am! Now you lefties can go hide under your rocks before I terrify you with FACTS and the TRUTH..

jack
jack 04/25/09 - 03:19 pm
RANT TO ALL THOSE people who

RANT TO ALL THOSE people who are following Newt Gingrich. Have you forgotten that he is just a big fat adulterer?....At least he didn't do it in the WH.

jack
jack 04/25/09 - 03:20 pm
Yeah, and how about Craig and

Yeah, and how about Craig and Foley?
Posted by GACopperhead on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:01 AM....and our Congressional queen, Barney Frank?

KSL
KSL 04/25/09 - 03:22 pm
Right, jack. When I saw that

Right, jack. When I saw that rant, I thought: Well what is Bill Clinton? I imagine Bill is rather enjoying Hill's new job and her frequent absences.

jack
jack 04/25/09 - 03:26 pm
Also, I am well traveled, and

Also, I am well traveled, and there is no better place than GA to live in my opinion.
Posted by milton1874 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:46 AM....Except NC though I was born and raised in Macon, GA, but escaped when I was 18.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/25/09 - 03:35 pm
Jennasix, I'm sure that you

Jennasix, I'm sure that you were attempting to communicate some sort of a point. It's a pity that your garbled writing made it incomprehensible. Next time you write something try reading it out loud to your self first and if it makes no sense to you, then you'll know that it will make no sense to your readers either. Better luck with your next post. ;-)

jack
jack 04/25/09 - 03:37 pm
To the young Republican who

To the young Republican who decided to used Augusta for it Tea party event,I never seen so many white people attended a rally with out their veil, the elephant party are not welcome in Augusta and next time protest your raged else where and keep your autism grandchildren at home.
Posted by JENASIX on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:16 PM....Let's see if I can interpret ebonics. To the young Republican(s) who decided to use (no d)Augusta fir it(s) tea party event, I never saw (seen is past tense in English)so many white people (who) attended a rally without their veil. Perieod ends sentence) The elephant party is (are in plural and ther eis only one "Elephant" party) not welcome in Augusta. (end another sentence)Next timeprotest your rage(no d) elswhere (one word)and keep your autistic (not autism which is the desease) grand children at home. How am I doing there Jena6? You are so typical of the ignorant sheeple that voted for BimbObama merely because he is black. I also believe Augusta is a great place to protest taxes as there are more free loaders there than CC or North Augusta. You get your gu'munt check this month?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/25/09 - 03:47 pm
Good Afternoon to the unsual

Good Afternoon to the unsual suspects.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/25/09 - 03:49 pm
Good afternoon Tujeez, but I

Good afternoon Tujeez, but I want to make it clear that I'm not really a suspect, it was all just a big misunderstanding!!

jack

pthsssh 04/25/09 - 04:20 pm
w00t!

w00t!

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 04:26 pm
w00t! right back at you big

w00t! right back at you big boy! You was a little early for a page change but that is forgiven!!!!!

Bigjoker

19. Double sided playing cards

20. Ejector seats for Helicopters

21. Augusta Journal Rants and Raves

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/25/09 - 04:33 pm
Joker, you forgot dehydrated

Joker, you forgot dehydrated water..........

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 04:40 pm
Kidd - Look at the time hack

Kidd - Look at the time hack for the w00t!

gnx
gnx 04/25/09 - 04:52 pm
Afternoon y'all. Hope

Afternoon y'all. Hope everyone is having as fine a weekend as I am.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 04:58 pm
gnx - G'afternoon. Yup, I'm

gnx - G'afternoon. Yup, I'm enjoying sitting comfortably in my A/C, following the NFL draft and being constantly amused by the RSCO scanner as they try and keep the (Black)Powerfest somewhat under control.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/09 - 05:00 pm
Well, my lawn is mowed, my

Well, my lawn is mowed, my children are getting ready for prom and I got a few hours of sleep last night. The neighbors that moved in last year were having some kind of Friday night get together again, boom boom boom off and on, randomly, no rhthym, slamming doors and talking outside so loud I could hear it inside my house until 3am. They even had a wrecker out front at one point. Tip of the day, it's time to move when the old Monte Carlos and Cutlasses with primer on them instead of paint jobs start showing up boom boom boom at all hours of the day and night, usually when "the mamma" is not home.

mieshel
mieshel 04/25/09 - 05:03 pm
Old jube what exacty is "my

Old jube what exacty is "my kind" would appreciate a thorough definition. Cause that stupid s%^t u said didn't make any sense. I don't want to assume, so tell me. Was it racial or negative in any way? I await your answer.

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 05:06 pm
Wrong PTHS, no Kidd here,

Wrong PTHS, no Kidd here, just someone using his computer that is wanting to have some fun, you will never know who the Bigjoker is!!! Kiddspur is a good friend that loaned me a computer and a mailbox with his name for a few days......

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/09 - 05:10 pm
I wonder if they will mow the

I wonder if they will mow the lawn by Memorial Day. Last year they mowed it at Easter and on Memorial Day. That was it. So of course their weeds are spreading all over the neighborhood. Their pool is full of scum and mosquitoes that unfortunately, don't stay in THEIR backyard. Now they have a rowdy pitbull, too. I bet they would be the first ones to squawk if I ever had loud music over here or a loose pet. I don't know where they came from, but I wish they would go back. If people aren't going to take care of their yards or obey noise and litter ordinances, why do they move into subdivisions?

3 top picks to replace Russell named

Janice Allen Jackson, Stephen Layson and Oscar Rodriguez are Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver's top picks to replace Fred Russell as city administrator.